PDA

View Full Version : April/May/June 14 swayers...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

hotdogz&boyz
January 2nd, 2014, 12:12 PM
Since we are headed down the pike of our sways...how are things going?

When are you planning on trying?
Have you started to sway yet?
Did you get a personalized plan or are you working on your own?
Which gender are you hoping for?
Any concerns you have currently?

(This thread can just be for chatting too...just wanted too start it to see who is going to be swaying together). :)

myurkanin817
January 3rd, 2014, 06:37 PM
Hi! My dh and I are going to start ttc in May June & July of this year! First baby so we are very excited!! For the new year I became a vegetarian and plan to start the LE diet in February or March were not sure yet. :worry: We're hoping for a girl & I'm REALLY hoping it happens bc the nursery is painted pink & I already have a ton of girl things. :fx::nails: I know..... Weird right? Lol. :DD:

(This thread can just be for chatting too...just wanted too start it to see who is going to be swaying together). :)

hotdogz&boyz
January 5th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Haha. No, not weird. I had baby stuff (both genders, but still) since I was 16. I just knew I'd have kids and I worked various retail jobs (including a baby and toy store) so I grabbed clothes or small stuff that was under a buck and stashed it away. I got to use most of it! Couple things were out of season.

When are you planning on trying? Probably April. But it's possible we will wait a little longer to June.
Have you started to sway yet? Not in any earnest. I am mostly eating LE, although including meat right now. I will drop that as we get closer. But the rest I am still planning.
Did you get a personalized plan or are you working on your own? I am using my own. I couldn't justify the personal plan (cost) because I don't truthfully care which gender it is. I just feel we need to sway to *try* and have a sister for my daughter.
Which gender are you hoping for? Slight girl hopes. But I am literally like 51-49 with that. I'd love another boy too.
Any concerns you have currently? I am not taking my medication that I need for OCD because of co-sleeping and nursing. So I hope I don't obsess too much about things and cause a massive boy lean. I am pretty sure it contributed greatly to my first two sons. I might go back on it before we sway, but I'll have to see if the baby will sleep in her crib first. Lol.

Rosie85
January 13th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Hey ladies! Hey Hotdogz...we get to be buddies again!

We are ttc starting in April. I would prefer May but want to start in April just in case it takes more than one month. I started my diet today.

This is what my sway is going to include, haven't started anything but diet yet though.

LE diet
exercise
ions
gender calendar
jump and dump--with the one attempt at opk.
I have a girls outfit under my bed and will do the spoon and ribbon too.
Supplements will be folic acid and cranberry for me and sudafed before attempt.

Dh will be taking OLE and licorice root if they are okay to take together.

Anything else you think would be good to include?!

Rosie85
January 13th, 2014, 10:39 AM
oh and I forgot to include I am going vegetarian. I will maybe eat chicken once a week so I don't have an aversion to it when I am done. haha

hotdogz&boyz
January 13th, 2014, 04:09 PM
I actually think your sway looks great Rosie. It's close to what we are planning. I need to check out OLE, I don't know much about it. We won't go strong on diet though (ill lose 5lbs over a month and call it good. ive already taken off to below PP with J...and she was my lowest conception weight at the time). And I'm not exercising...too lazy for that!

Thanks for reminding me about cranberry. I can't take aspirin because I'm nursing, so that is a good alternative. You nursing still (I can't remember if you were at all)?

How's your LO? Amazing its time to plan another, huh?

Rosie85
January 13th, 2014, 04:21 PM
I feel like I need to exercise. It's something I never did when I conceived at the other 3 times, same with dieting.

It is indeed crazy we are planning again...time goes by so quickly! My LO is fabulous. He is 9 months old now and walking and bothering his older brothers like crazy.

how is it having a daughter?!

hotdogz&boyz
January 13th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Walking??! Wow, you have quite the mover there :) I am amazed. My little just started crawling (she is just a month behind). How "cute" that he enjoys bothering his brothers. I'm sure it's not adorable to have a whole new facet to fighting, I'm not looking forward to that one. But I bet it's adorable at the same time.

I won't lie, cause it won't help. It's pretty awesome having a daughter. She is a ton like the boys still, in actuality. But it's just different. I still get a charge out of calling her my daughter. Sometimes I still can't believe she is here and really mine. For me, it was delayed. The first 3-4 months I was kinda mired down in logistics of three and didn't really feel the reality setting in. Now, it's real and I'm still in shock. I love dressing her (although I've always loved dressing my boys too). I love headbands. I think into the future (my biggest reason for desiring a girl) and just can't believe that I will get to mother a girl through her first period and her first heartbreak and her first baby (maybe, if she wants them). I've always looked forward to things about the boys growing up too. Just different stuff. So, yeah, I'll be pulling a lot for you to get a girl this time...prolly more than me getting another ;)

Rosie85
January 13th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Thanks hotdogz. I want to enjoy those same things you will get to. The first period, first love...her wedding day and babies. oh how I desire that. My husband has had dreams of a little girl with brown curly hair and big blue eyes for 6 years now and he has been saddened she hasn't come into our lives yet.

i really truly hope what I am doing will be enough. Last time I didn't really sway, I didn't find this site until after I was already pregnant. I had taken cranberry and did a 5 day cut-off ...so more shettles. I was still eating way too many calories and meat and was over weight.

I am so so glad you are enjoying your girly though! So happy to hear it;s getting easier with three, I agree the logistics took a bit to get used to but I could easily handle 4 now that I've gotten into the swing of things! And yes..it is adorable that my baby is bothering the big boys, haha. I ADORE my third son, he is my pride and joy and was totally meant to be, I am so so so happy he wasn't a girl and that my "sway" failed. :happy:

momamia4
January 13th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Hey Ladies! I'm planning on trying for April. It all depends on when exactly my tubal reversal happens. I really hope it happens at the end of February!

I'm going to be starting the diet this Saturday, but am actually going to try starting the exercise tomorrow. I figure one thing at a time, and starting now will give me some time before our actual attempt. Do you think that's enough time? I'm really concerned about it. I know that I am going to be overweight regardless of how hard I try between now and then, but I think if I put in a strong effort I will be satisfied. :) I'm hoping that actively losing weight will sway girl harder than being overweight will sway boy. What do you think?

I'm going to be buying the Personalized Plan this Friday, just because I know that I am an obsessive person, hahaha!

I hope you don't mind if I join your group with me being a newbie and all. :)

Rosie85
January 14th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Welcome Moma! Of course we don't mind you joining!

I do think if you start now that is a good deal of time to put into your sway! That is all the time I am putting in!

Yes, actively losing weight should sway more than being overweight. I could be wrong but that is what I gathered from around the site.

I hope you don't mind me asking but after having your tubes reversed are your capabilities of falling pregnant the same as before the tubal? Is fertility affected in any way?

Linzshine32
January 14th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Hi! We are going to be TTC a Girl this year too - I currently have a 22mo old son. While he is amazing - I still hope to have a daughter. This will be my only attempt as we only want 2 kids. I am going to purchase a plan and hopefully I get through it and get my girl! Best of luck to everyone here!

hotdogz&boyz
January 14th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Welcome ladies!! I'm glad we are going to have a nice sized group. It's always fun to root people on :) I seriously doubt I will get pregnant in April-June, my cycles are all wonky from nursing and I'm sure they will take a while to iron out. But hopefully it won't take too long so I can hang with you guys!

Looks like its all pink swayers so far.

hotdogz&boyz
January 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM
And momamia4, I think you are exactly right, the act of losing weight will sway stronger than the fact of being overweight. I think that being overweight can sway in and of itself too (pink), so I don't think that will be a huge hurdle in your plans. I hope your reversal goes well. I don't know much about it, but I hope all is smooth :)

momamia4
January 16th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Rosie, unfortunately fertility is affected. It varies depending on the type of TL that was performed and your age at the time of the reversal. Of course, mine is the type that has the lowest odds for conception (ligation & resection) but I do have age on my side, as I'm only 31. So, I have about a 70% chance of actually getting pregnant. I also have a higher risk of tubal pregnancy due to potential scar tissue blocking the tubes. Which means I have to have an ultrasound much earlier to confirm the pregnancy is actually in my uterus. So a bit of additional stress on top of trying to sway. I am planning on doing my best to not think about all of the added stress and just putting it up to god. I don't foresee any trouble, as the tubal itself was very straightforward, but there's also an added risk of too much damage to the tubes and the fact that it has been almost 8 years since I had them tied which make everything more difficult. Ugh.... I am doing my best to stay optimistic though!! :)

Rosie85
January 17th, 2014, 05:55 PM
wow! you had your kids young, not a bad thing though of course! I hope all of the odds are in your favor, 70% is a good number to have on your side for sure.

Rosie85
January 17th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Ladies I am stressing out. I ordered a rose quartz bracelet and it said it was delivered and I never got it! It is lost in the mail, I am supposing someone else got it in their box. Should I take this as a sign!? :tissue:

momamia4
January 20th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Ladies I am stressing out. I ordered a rose quartz bracelet and it said it was delivered and I never got it! It is lost in the mail, I am supposing someone else got it in their box. Should I take this as a sign!? :tissue:

No, I wouldn't take it as a sign. Just call the company and tell them it was never delivered. Generally, if you ask them to send another one, they will. :)

deb
January 21st, 2014, 03:03 AM
Hi ladies,
I am hoping to start ttc a daughter this spring. Dh and I are still trying to agree on which month. He wants to wait a bit longer so we can be a little more financially ready for a baby (he will be out of work for 2-3 months this year bc he's going to school). I want to try sooner because I am turning 35 this year and am worried about fertility being an issue. So :fx: we can come to an agreement soon because I want us both to be happy with the decision and not have any stress about it. He does really want another baby I think he just feels we have all the time in the world.

I have been on the LE diet and skipping breakfast for a week and, I am trying to ease into being vegetarian. I am overweight (was when I conceived my boys), I have about 40 lbs to loose. Lost 5 lbs so far, yay!
Haven't bought a personalized plan, still thinking about it, I have been trying to do lots of research in the last few weeks and put together my own plan but I get so confused with all the info on here and the IG site.
Still need to figure out what supps I will take and need to start tracking my ovulation this is something I've never done before. Both my boys were surprise conceptions, was on birth control when I conceived Ds2.
Good luck to all of you, I hope you get your dg

Rosie85
January 21st, 2014, 10:32 AM
welcome Deb!

It takes time to sort it all out. The biggest thing is to always make sure you are comfortable with what you are doing. Certain aspects of the sway bother me and I left them out and others I made my choice to do them because of the stats and research.

Congrats on the weight loss so far! We are in the same boat, I have about 40 to lose and have lost 5 so far! exciting isn't it?!

Rosie85
January 21st, 2014, 10:36 AM
oh my bracelet was recovered and delivered to me the other day! I am getting very antsy for April. It can't come soon enough.

I have been exercising every other day so far and loving it! My diet is going well, I am losing the weight and feeling good. I kind of feel like I am eating too healthy but its far different than how I ate before so that is probably a sway in itself.

Dh started his OLE and he LOVES it. Hates the flavor but he has never felt so good he says. He isn't tired anymore, he suffers from chronic fatigue syndrome. He just keeps going on and on about his love for this liquid gold. Hopefully it will be golden in more ways than one and give us that pretty little girl we have been dreaming of! I have high hopes!

deb
January 21st, 2014, 11:11 AM
Hi Rosie85,
Thanks, congrats to you too on the weightloss. Your right it is exciting. It's so funny, all these years I've been dieting and never really stuck with it. I could never really find the motivation. Right now I feel more motivated than ever to do this diet. I guess it's the thought of possibly having a dd at the end of it that's driving me and losing weight is just an awesome side effect of the LE diet, lol.

Rosie85
January 21st, 2014, 11:17 AM
That is my motivation too! The best I can think of. If in the end it doesn't give me a DD I will be happier with my body and that is great too!

deb
January 21st, 2014, 11:20 AM
That's great you got your bracelet. I think your sway sounds great. Your doing so much to increase your odds of a dd I think you'll get your girl this time :heart:
Great to see your dh is on board with the sway. Quick question, what is OLE?

Rosie85
January 21st, 2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks Deb! I sure hope so! OLE is olive leaf extract :happy:

luvmykiddies
January 21st, 2014, 09:40 PM
Hi Ladies, I'd love to join you all. I'm also ttc a little girl around May. I'm planning on:

Doing LE diet
Supps: Vitex, SP, fibre, folic acid, asprin and zyrtec and rephresh.
DH will (hopefully) be taking cranberry and LR (if he sticks to it... having trouble getting him to remember taking the cranberry so far).
Girls clothes under the bed (I put two under there as I'd love little girl twins lol)
Not doing any exercise at all as I know I wouldn't stick to it plus I'm using it as an excuse to be lazy for a few months hehe.

That's all I can think of for now. Good luck to you all, I hope we all get what we wish for :)

deb
January 21st, 2014, 09:48 PM
Hi luvmykiddies, your sway plan sounds great. :fx: for all of us

hotdogz&boyz
January 21st, 2014, 10:06 PM
Welcome ladies :) Sounds like everyone is doing great getting a move on their sways. Dh and I still haven't nailed down a date for TTC and I think that my cycles being weird is putting a damper on things, since it doesn't even feel like we could be successful in 3-5 months. I HATE being on a diet, so I'd like to not do it any longer than necessary. I don't really need to lose any weight, I'm at a healthy weight now. And having an eating disorder in the past, it's best for me to not go too low in the weight department...not only for me, but I think just about everyone in the family would have a meltdown if I dropped more than 10lbs from where I am now.

I really, in some ways, want to get a personalized plan. I am having trouble justifying the cost to myself, we are on a strict budget right now because we have some medical bills to pay off. But it would certainly take one more thing off my plate. Ill have to think longer on it. Since we don't have a strong preference, it's harder for me to feel like I "need" to have one.

For now, our sway will include:
-LE diet including being veggie/skipping breakfast
-Aspirin, zyrtec, and refresh for me
-LR and tighty whiteys for DH (maybe OLE)
-Abstain with one attempt at pos OPK
-No exercise
-Breastfeeding (hey, at least it's working for me! Lol)

I think that is all. We will use a more girly-friendly position, but that is our norm, really. Maybe showers beforehand. Possibly even the hot tub. Although I need to read about that beforehand, I dunno about the chemicals. But it's not really anything I need to worry about right now. I am truthfully just hoping my odds are 50-50 either way. I think I am a classic boy-maker if I left well enough alone. But I'd like for this baby to be a real surprise and I kinda think that if I didn't sway at all we would for sure have a boy and the surprise would be gone. Ya know?

daisymoo
January 23rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
Hi girls, I'd love to join your group. I have 3 ds and hope to start ttc pink in April. I have been on the le diet since the start of Jan and have purchased a plan too which I find very helpful. I would highly recommend this. Haven't started exercising yet(feeling too lazy at the moment!!) Looking forward to getting to know you all over the next few months.
Best of luck!

Rosie85
January 23rd, 2014, 11:00 AM
Welcome daisymoo!

momamia4
January 23rd, 2014, 12:53 PM
Well, I had my consultation appt today with the tubal reversal dr. Kind of a bummer... He said that he wants me to lose 20-25lbs before doing the procedure, which pushes us out a few more months. He said that he is concerned about blood clots and obviously it makes it easier for him to perform the surgery if I am at a lower weight. It's just so darn difficult for me to lose weight! I did order a personalized plan, so hopefully atomic will be able to come up with a plan for me that will actually help me to lose weight. I'm very torn between following the personalized plan and doing high protein (aka paleo) which I know causes me to lose weight. I'm thinking that I can do paleo until I drop the weight to have the reversal and then switch to the personalized plan. What do you guys think? Maybe I need to talk to atomic directly??

daisymoo
January 23rd, 2014, 04:57 PM
Hi there, sorry to hear about your little set back. Try not to worry at least you have something to aim for. You will have that weight shifted in no time if you start the le diet asap. I have been eating morecatkins type diets for th
e last few years which help me keep weight off but I have to say that since I started the le diet at start Jan I have lost 7 lbs so far. More than any diet I have been on before. I think the no snacking rule is key to it's success. I used to graze all day before! Try it out and I guarantee you'll be well on your way to your surgery before you know it girlie.

daisymoo
January 25th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Hi girls just wondering if any of you have started exercising yet? I normally walk 3/4 days week and did that when I conceived my little boys too so just wondering if I should cut out exercise completely or do some other type of exercise. Are any of you ladies exercising like mad women yet?

Rosie85
January 26th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I started exercising but am only doing every other day right now until march when I will start doing it every day. Walking probably isn't going sway pink unless it's power walking and for an hour everyday. It has to be a form of cardio to sway for girl.

I power walk on the treadmill with an elevation. This really gets my heart rate up and I burn decent calories but it isn't as tiring as running so it is easier to stick to.

deb
January 27th, 2014, 07:12 PM
I started exercising last week, but only managed 3 days of it. I am hoping to do a minimum of 4 days of 60 minute cardio a week. I find exercise challenging to say the least. I still want to try to stick with the cardio since I was a couch potato when I conceived both of my boys. I need to find an hour long cardio workout I really enjoy instead of watching the minutes agonizingly creep up to the 60 minute mark while I'm on the elliptical or treadmill, lol. Otherwise exercise will prob sway boy for me if I find it so much of a chore. Hopefully this week will go better since I will have 6 days off from work...yeeha!
Daisymoo, I think you should either step it up by power walking like Rosie85 said or even some more intense cardio exercise. If you are naturally muscular you could try the couch potato method. From what I understand the point of the exercise for girl sway is so your body goes into catabolism which happens after about 45 mins of intense cardio. Hope I'm right with this :)

JP2007
January 27th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Hi ladies, I am so glad I found this thread! I have a 4 yr old son and a 4 month old son. I am hoping to start TTC in June at the earliest. I am breastfeeding and am waiting for my cycle to start back up. I am hoping I might see it around 6 months when he starts on some solids but if not I plan on starting Vitex or maybe even Clomid at 9 months. I want my two youngest to be close together in age. I would love a little girl and am going to do what I can to increase my odds but I know I would be ok with another little boy as well.

My sway consists of LE diet, exercise, breastfeeding, fiber, and one attempt at OPK. I am going to try Rephresh for a few months but will not hesitate to drop it to get pregnant. DH will be doing OLE and maybe Licorice Root.

I am trying not to get my hopes up but reading through all of the sways it sure does seem like there have been quite a few successes.

daisymoo
January 28th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Better get the dust off my exercise dvds so! I really need to step it up this time. Even though I spend my day running after my three handsome boys 6, 4 and 22 months, my body is just used to that I think so I'm definitely going to start cardio next week. Are we all trying for pink then? fingers crossed we are all successful!

odd
January 28th, 2014, 09:14 AM
I have been working out for a couple of weeks now mostly at home due to exteme weather. I've joined the c25k challange anddo it along with walk away the pounds 5mile. .and i love it surprisingly. Burn good 500 or so calories in an hour

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

JP2007
January 28th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I have been working out for a couple of weeks now mostly at home due to exteme weather. I've joined the c25k challange anddo it along with walk away the pounds 5mile. .and i love it surprisingly. Burn good 500 or so calories in an hour

I just bought this and am waiting on it to get here. I have had several people tell me they like this one! Do you feel like it gets your heart rate up high enough? That was my only concern but the reviews on it said it was pretty intense and challenging.

odd
January 28th, 2014, 12:06 PM
JP2007. .hmm not sure if we r talking abt the same thing but c25k is a free app yiu can download on ur phone. .its a challange called couch to 5k

It is challenging for me because I'm super lazy and a couch potato but for those who might be used to working out. ..the first couple weeks might not be that challenging. You sta rt off with running a minute and then walking for a min n half and do this for 30 mins.

odd
January 28th, 2014, 12:07 PM
I follow this up with leslie samsone's work out called walk away pounds available on YouTube. I do 4 to 5 miles depending on time and energy level.

JP2007
January 28th, 2014, 04:45 PM
JP2007. .hmm not sure if we r talking abt the same thing but c25k is a free app yiu can download on ur phone. .its a challange called couch to 5k

It is challenging for me because I'm super lazy and a couch potato but for those who might be used to working out. ..the first couple weeks might not be that challenging. You sta rt off with running a minute and then walking for a min n half and do this for 30 mins.

Odd- Oops I guess I should have clarified! I was referring to the Walk Away the Pounds 5 mile workout video that you mentioned.

pebmcpd7
January 28th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Jumping in here. Hoping one last time!!!!!

odd
January 28th, 2014, 08:51 PM
JP. ..gotcha :-) it certainly is challanging for me. It doesn't keep your heart ratr up the entire time but you do get your butt kicked and burn good 100 to 125 calories per mile

Rosie85
January 28th, 2014, 11:03 PM
yay peb! This is your time! I just know it :-)

JP2007
January 29th, 2014, 04:18 PM
pebmcp6 I see we both have babies about the same age. My boy will be 4 months in a week. I am hoping we both get our girls this time!

pebmcpd7
January 29th, 2014, 05:10 PM
pebmcp6 I see we both have babies about the same age. My boy will be 4 months in a week. I am hoping we both get our girls this time!

Dermot will be 4 months on the 8th february, so hope your right. Best wishes to you too!!!

dreamingofpink14
January 30th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind me joining in this thread - my DH and I have our first DS who is almost 21 months. We are planning on TTC in May or June and are hoping for a girl! I was planning on following the LE diet. I've already cut out breakfast. When do you think I should start the rest of the diet? I'm not sure what supplements to take - could you recommend some for me and DH? I'm new to this, so please be patient with me =) Looking forward to sharing our journeys together!

Rosie85
January 30th, 2014, 04:14 PM
I would start by beginning of march at latest for a may attempt so you can get a solid amount of time in. I am doing april for my first month ttc and I started January so i can have over 12 weeks but have been slightly more relaxed in certain aspects of it until mid february where I will buckle down so I have a solid 6 weeks of text book LE.

dreamingofpink14
January 30th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks Rosie85! I also wanted to start trying in April because we are going to Greece in May and I know I won't be able to stick to my diet there! Still trying to convince DH of that though =) What supplements are you taking or using?

Rosie85
January 30th, 2014, 06:21 PM
I would plead for April!! Otherwise vacationing can sway because it is relaxing but the diet thing would put a damper on your trip!

I am taking fiber and folic acid. I will also do an antihistamine before ttc. My biggest sway tactic however will be my exercise!

Dh is taking olive leaf and will take licorice root as well the 14 days before ttc.

dreamingofpink14
January 31st, 2014, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the information! We are going to start TTC in April!

o18e
January 31st, 2014, 01:40 PM
Hello ladies,
My husband and I are planning for May. I am sure getting antsy though. :) So maybe it will be April. I am excited I found this thread with all of you ladies in the same time frame as me. I did have a question about the Olive Leaf. How much does your husband take per day?

Rosie85
January 31st, 2014, 02:24 PM
Welcome O!

I am getting antsy too but I know for sure I don't want a baby in the month of november or december so waiting it shall be!

My Dh takes the recommended amount on the bottle for the OLE, each one is different due to the fact that they can use different concentrations.

Good luck with your sway and nice to have you join us!

deb
January 31st, 2014, 05:08 PM
Hello ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well as we prep for our sways.
I have had a bit of an emotional week with just feeling low. Probably related to Pms. Anyway I'm feeling better now and I decided I need help with my sway so I splurged and ordered a sway plan. Can't wait for Atomic to finish it. I am just the kind of person that gets to stressed about the details so I figured I would do better with a plan. I can't wait like you ladies but I need at least 4 months on the LE diet so my DH and I decided we'd try in May :)

momo
February 1st, 2014, 04:20 PM
Hi there, hoping to ttc in June. Have 2 little boys already and would love a little girl as I have no sisters and am very close to my mum. Hubby on board so that great. Have kinda of started LE diet. Wont exercise as I did when I had my boys. Think I will try for a cut-off attempt. So much info on this site it can get very confusing!!

deb
February 1st, 2014, 09:43 PM
Hi Momo, :) your right all of the info can get confusing. They say diet seems to be the most important sway factor so it's great you have already started doing that. I am going to try to exercise this time because I wasn't exercising at all with both my boys.

dreamingofpink14
February 2nd, 2014, 05:57 PM
I'm also a bit confused on the frequency aspect. When we conceived our son, we weren't trying, so I don't know what worked for us that time! I was on the pill though. So this time is a lot more stressful trying to plan it. I'm 31 and DH and 34. Would you recommend abstain or fr? Without ttc, we average about two times a week.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Rosie85
February 3rd, 2014, 02:05 PM
Dreaming, I saw written that abstaining isn't recommended for men over 35 so your Dh is close to that cut-off. Atomic would better be able to say.

I am about 2 months out now from our first attempt. 1 more month until I become more strict on everything I am doing. I am seriously hating this diet, I am sick of tracking what I eat and I have come to find out that the only way I was meeting normal calories and protein before the diet was if I ate out so now that I don't do that I have been hard pressed to even come up with 1200 calories a day. I feel like I eat sooo much during each meal and I hate it.

My ovulation kit comes today so I can start doing those to get an idea of my cycles and also my walk it off dvd will come! I can't wait to get started on it.

Linzshine32
February 3rd, 2014, 02:15 PM
How many of you are starting the diet already? If we don't want to TTC til June at the earliest... just curious. My purchased plan says 6 weeks out but seems like lots of you are starting earlier? I'm DREADING this diet because it's not a lot of what I normally eat and I know i'm going to feel starving all the time!

dreamingofpink14
February 3rd, 2014, 02:25 PM
I did a little more research last night - I think we will go with the CFR frequency.. that is the one that seems the most feasible for us. I'm having a difficult time with the diet too - today was the first day I didn't feel starving by skipping breakfast. I have started drinking a cup of coffee most mornings though. I went on a big shopping trip over the weekend and stocked up! For lunch I am going to make myself a bagel thin with cream cheese and cucumbers. It's actually pretty good. I also enjoy carrot sticks with hummus. For dinner was thinking of making some pasta or rice with veggies. I can't wait until we are TTCing...this diet is tough.

Linzshine, I started the diet about 3 weeks ago and am gradually becoming more strict the closer we get to TTC (April).

dreamingofpink14
February 3rd, 2014, 02:34 PM
Another yummy treat I found over the weekend are the Newtons Fruit Thins - the cranberry citrus oat flavor was even on clearance at the store! Trying to stay optimistic that I'm doing the right thing:think:

Rosie85
February 3rd, 2014, 02:47 PM
Linz- yes I started 3 weeks ago too but will only be real strict about it for the 6 weeks. I have a lot of weight to lose and needed more than 6 weeks. I am losing the weight for myself as well, not just for my sway! I am doing 1400 calories because that is what my exercise thing told me to do. I have kept my fat and protein low as well but not my sodium as much. I have been eating too much junky food in my opinion but it seems hard not to in order to get the calories and fat. My protein is always my hardest and is usually too low.

I think the most important thing for me besides exercise is going to be the low blood sugar, I always used to snack...always. So not snacking and not eating meat is huge for me.

dreamingofpink14
February 3rd, 2014, 03:00 PM
I'm worried bc I'm not including exercise in my sway...I don't have the time to commit to the amount needed every day. Do you think my sway will be enough with diet, supplements and CFR frequency? Also been thinking of taking antihistamines - Benadryl or zyrtec.

hotdogz&boyz
February 3rd, 2014, 03:13 PM
Welcome new ladies! I like that folks can talk about their sways here and can get help from one another :)

^^I think sways without exercise are fine. It's still better than no sway at all :) I got a girl swaying without exercise and I don't plan to include it in my future sway either. I think it's great for women who can fit it in and can include it. It gets good results. But don't beat yourself up if you can't do it.

I've been thinking far too much about my sway lately. I am not even sure I want to sway anymore. It is lots of obsessing for me, since I'm not on my meds, so I just dont know that it will help. One blue tactic for another, ya know. But I have some time to think about. Ill prolly still hang on this thread, but I'm quite sure we decided to not try until July. I want a little more time with my baby as my baby and I know I am not ready to start a diet or anything right now. I am actually starting to lean toward just adding some pink aspects here and there (no breakfast, sudafed on attempt, one attempt with abstain (not hard for us. Lol), and some LE...just eating more compressed without snacking, but not necessarily cutting out meats or foods). And letting things fall where they may. I know we aren't ready for a baby before July, but they we have a three day family think in July and I can't maintain LE there. Willpower won't allow me, plus, my family wouldn't assume good things if I started not eating stuff I have been. But, blah. Too much thinking about it. Sometimes I wish an oops/NTNP was a possibility for us!

Rosie85
February 3rd, 2014, 03:38 PM
Yes please stick around hotdogz! I think it's best to do what you feel right so waiting til July will be the right thing for you guys if you say so!

I don't think a sway needs exercise to work so it is no big deal at all to not include it, more people don't include than do. I am including it because I NEED it, haha.

Is there such a thing as abstaining and doing CFR?? I can't remember. My Dh just asked about it though!

dreamingofpink14
February 3rd, 2014, 03:51 PM
I'm interested in finding out about the abstain/CFR too. For us, I think DH will basically be abstaining from AF - pos OPK. Once we get pos OPK begin CFR and use second or third release for BD. Is that right?

Rosie85
February 3rd, 2014, 04:01 PM
Yes that is what my Dh had said too. I think that is how it works. I am really unsure if I could get my Dh to release 3 times though! I wonder what the time window is...

I could just see being interrupted as soon as the third batch was ready to go, haha.

dreamingofpink14
February 3rd, 2014, 05:09 PM
Rosie85, I totally hear you! I'd like to know what the time window is too. We both work and usually don't have time to ourselves until 7:30-8pm. Not sure if DH would have the energy to release in the morning before work - he has to leave the house pretty early. Maybe we will just do one release and BD with the second one.

deb
February 4th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Hi do any of you ladies have any advice on what opks to buy? I have never used them before and I don't think monitoring my temps will work for me because I do shift work and have an erratic sleep schedule.

Rosie85
February 4th, 2014, 01:43 PM
I just bought the cheap ones off of amazon. You get 50 ovulation and 20 pregnancy test strips for $22. They had good ratings.

Linzshine32
February 4th, 2014, 03:18 PM
I use the ones off of amazon too - I used them TTC DS and they were awesome and I just started them again just to get a monthly history of when I ovulate.

I think we are doing abstain when we TTC #2... maybe we'll BD in the morning with protection (condom) and then again that night without so the attempt will be the 2nd release that day. I also am going to use that lube.

Mostly i'm just really nervous about the diet. I think I have high testosterone levels and I know this diet will really help me with that and bringing it down. I just don't know if it will be enough and I know i'm going to be miserable on it.

luvmykiddies
February 4th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Linzshine I'm curious to know how far out others are starting the LE diet too. We won't be ttc until May and I was thinking about getting strict about it around 8 weeks out, so beginning March, as I'm not sure how long I could stick to it and I don't have a huge amt of weight to lose. But now I'm wondering if maybe I should get start it this month. I'm doing LE practice days here and there but I'm definitely not following the diet as I should be yet.

dreamingofpink14
February 4th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Hi ladies, advice please! I just started tracking my cycles this month, and I'm currently on day 9. I also use the opk sticks off amazon. I tested tonight and got a pos opk... isn't it a bit early to get that? Just today I also started today with watery, clear CM and it is turning to a slightly creamy but still watery consistency (sorry if this is TMI!). I'm truly a newbie to this swaying stuff, so please let me know if this is somewhat normal?!

dreamingofpink14
February 4th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Also on the diet side, I've been trying to be pretty strict, but had a small slice of vegetable lasagna tonight (carrots, spinach and squash) for dinner. Do you think that's ok?

Rosie85
February 4th, 2014, 11:13 PM
dreaming-- is the positive line the same darkness as the control line?? If it is lighter it just means you are getting close, it has to be of equal or darker color to be positive for ovulation. Some ladies do ovulate earlier than others but generally you will get sticky egg white mucus with it not watery, so look for that too.

As far as the lasagna goes, I think it is perfectly fine, like atomic says no food is off limits as long as you stay within the guidelines for calories, fat and protein. I wouldn't over do anything that is full of tons of nutrients but here and there is fine!

odd
February 5th, 2014, 02:06 AM
Speaking of food..I feel awful but have to confss.. I was doing so well on the diet and then bam! Ate 12 cookies in 2 days :-( ..kiddo and I made eggless cookies but they wer e too crispy for his taste - I decided to taste it and before I realized, I finshed 6 yesterday amd the rest today.

And the whole time I kept telling myslef that I am going through awful pms pains so this is allowed :-(

Rosie85
February 5th, 2014, 09:45 AM
odd- don't beat yourself up! It happens...I had red meat this last weekend. I figure it is okay because it was one time, it isn't something I am going to do every week. Just don't repeat the cookie situation every week and I think you are okay! :wink:

dreamingofpink14
February 5th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Hi Rosie, it was a faint line - thanks for the clarification! So when we are actually TTC in April, we shouldn't do our one attempt until I get the dark line, right? I still have a lot of watery CM so I will be on the lookout for my EWCM. Been feeling crampy all day, so I think it will be soon!

Rosie85
February 5th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Dreaming- right! wait for the dark line that matches the control line! You do sound like you are close, probably 1 or 2 days out. I always get super nauseous the day before I ovulate. oddly enough I also get nauseous the day before I start my period.

dreamingofpink14
February 5th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Oh and I'm still on the fence if DH should be taking LR and OLE. Just ordered the liquid form of OLE the other night. DH is less than thrilled but is willing to do it. A little concerned about how the LR will affect him.. but also keep wondering because of the results it gets. He's 34 (will be 35 in July) and is healthy; but heart conditions do run in his family. He's never been tested for sperm count/testosterone levels - should we look into that before he possibly uses LR?

dreamingofpink14
February 5th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Dreaming- right! wait for the dark line that matches the control line! You do sound like you are close, probably 1 or 2 days out. I always get super nauseous the day before I ovulate. oddly enough I also get nauseous the day before I start my period.

Rosie, I've been nauseous all morning!

Rosie85
February 5th, 2014, 03:04 PM
well OLE lowers blood pressure which I would think counteract the LR raising it. I don't think it could hurt to try for the first month. I am going to have my Dh start LR the day I start my period in April and then quit after we DTD. He has been taking OLE for a month already and will probably continue that forever since he loves it so much.

odd
February 5th, 2014, 03:21 PM
I ended up getting the OLE pills since hubby will not even entertain the thought of taking liquid version; hope it works just the same

And eveb though our attempt isn't unitl next month, I had him start LR this month AF -O.

dreamingofpink14
February 5th, 2014, 06:43 PM
What brand of LR did you get? I'm looking on amazon and am overwhelmed.

Rosie85
February 5th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I think ours is called naturesway or something like that??

Odd- better OLE pills than nothing!

dreamingofpink14
February 5th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Just bought some, thanks!! DH is going to love this too...:mad:

odd
February 5th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Got nature's way LR for hubby as well fron wholefoods.

Rosie, hope u r right girl :-)

Rosie85
February 5th, 2014, 08:59 PM
omg ladies!! My Dh just told me he is willing to take up long distance running for the sway if I want him to!. That is running at least 4 miles a day! He is crazy but wow do I love him for it! Now I just wonder if he has to run everyday for just a few days a week.

dreamingofpink14
February 6th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Rosie, that's great! Maybe I can convince DH to take up running again.. he used to run 3-4 miles/day before DS came along...then it all went down the drain. Lol. For some reason it didn't hit me that exercise for DH would help our sway. Maybe I can convince him to be responsible for that part :running:

daisymoo
February 6th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Rosie85 what a sweet husband you have! Just one thing though I got a plan from Atomic and she states in it that my dh's weight must remain the same during our sway He must not lose or put on weight. Now I'm not sure if it just applies to my dh but it might be no harm to check and make sure it's ok for your sway. Just in xase your dh loses any weight during his running.

Rosie85
February 6th, 2014, 09:07 AM
daisy- Not sure I could have my Dh maintain a weight no matter what. He has the strangest metabolism ever and is constantly bouncing up and down 5 pounds.

Rosie85
February 6th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Thanks Mamer! I will let Dh decide if he can handle running almost everyday of the week. I doubt he wants to go back to his military lifestyle of running 12 miles a day, he said 4 or 5 would be more pleasant.

I wish the next two months weren't the worst ones for conceiving possible for us, aunt flo showed and I am in so much pain, as always. Endometriosis....sucks.

daisymoo
February 6th, 2014, 10:36 AM
wow that sounds like an interesting study. There is so much info out there for swaying my mind is boggled at times! If your dhs are used to running then you should definitely get them pounding the roads again. Every bit that helps! Rosie you poor thing I feel your pain I had mine last week Plenty of chocolate and solpadeine Works wonders for me!

dreamingofpink14
February 6th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Rosie, so sorry to hear you are in pain...
Daisy, my mind is a bit boggled right now too. I think i'm going to buy a plan from atomic. This is too stressful to figure out on my own!

I was thinking of starting a new thread to record what I'm eating. Would any of you ladies be interested in that? I was thinking it would help me stay on track and could help each other out!

Rosie85
February 6th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Thanks ladies...I never had issues with pain like this until after Ds3 was born. I have an itching suspicion it has to do with the huge chunk of placenta that came out at home 6 days after birth.

Daisy what is solpadeine?

Dreaming- I know there was a January thread for what people were eating but I haven't seen one for February so go ahead and start one!

daisymoo
February 6th, 2014, 04:35 PM
dreamingofpink I would highly recommend buying a plan. I did and it takes the guess work out of everything. It tells you what supplements you should be taking and dh, details about your attempt and lots of info re. diet etc. It's well worth it. It's great to have a forum for everyone at your stage in your sway and I think a thread re food would be super. It would be great help I think.
Rosie Sorry I live in Ireland and I just assumed every country has solpadeine! It's a painkiller with codeine in it It's a god send for me every time I have af! Sounds like you had a rough time after the birth of ds3. You poor thing. That sounds awful. Your body is probably still only getting back to normal. Hope you feel better soon.

dreamingofpink14
February 6th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Hi Daisy, I'm going to! I also found the thread for January 2014 to record what we are eating. Will just add to that one :highfive:

marriedmomof2
February 7th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Hi all! I'll be ttc May/June. :wave:

daisymoo
February 7th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Welcome! Our group is getting bigger by the day Yay!!!

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

marriedmomof2
February 7th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Thank you! Excited to be going you all!

Rosie85
February 7th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Welcome marriedmom!

hotdogz&boyz
February 7th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Welcome more swayers!! Do we still not have any boy swayers in here?? I am shocked! Looks like lots of pink headed toward us in early 2015 :)

Rosie....you know what is interesting, I had the same thing happen after my little one was born. Had to go back to the doc after a week and a half (with piece in hand) because I lost a big chunk of placenta that was part of my abruption (prolly the part that pulled away) and they checked to make sure everything was out. BUT, I have some awful, painful, heavy periods now. I don't know if it's related, since I had somewhat heavy periods before kids and haven't had many since I conceived my first son in Feb 2009. I had 5 or so between my first and second and not a single one between my second and third. So my memory might be blocking out how painful they were back then. But this is my 4th since baby and they are killing me. I am down for at least a couple days when they first start. Weird. Did your doc check to make sure all was fine after you lost the chunk of retained placenta? (Sorry you are in pain, mine is here right now too).

Rosie85
February 7th, 2014, 02:32 PM
hotdogz- my periods are crazy heavy now too and full of clots. I had gone into the ER with pain about 2 weeks after he was born and they did a scan and said it looked like everything was out. I showed them the picture of the chunk that fell out but they tried to deny it was placenta. I am worried still something is wrong and I won't be able to get pregnant or it will cause a miscarriage or other issues with the baby..maybe I am just worrying for no reason, I dunno.

I exercised through the pain last night and guess what! NO pain today at all. I mean I heard exercise could help with the pain but omg it is just gone. normally the majority of the pain is in my intestines and rectum..if I have any bits of gas go through I just want to die.

FitBlonde
February 7th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I'm new here, planning to sway girl in April or May. I just started the diet and exercising in the past few days and I am struggling. I am a Personal Trainer so eat the complete opposite of the girl diet!

daisymoo
February 8th, 2014, 05:16 AM
hotdogz and rosie, that's truly awful what you guys went through. Can only imagine how difficult that was and with a newborn to look aftet at the same time. Glad exercise is working for you rosie. I've decided to go down the no exercise route. I normally walk several times a week but as my attempt is in 8 weeks I'm afraid I won't have enough time for my T levels to get used to the more extreme cardio exercise and I could end up swaying blue! So it's a couch life for me which is hard to get used to! Especially as my third meal yesterday was a giant bag of maltesers (500 cals!!!!) I stayed low in cals all day so I could fit them in to my limits ha!
Welcome fitblonde. Yep I think our whole group is swaying pink. Fingers crossed for everyone. :)

dreaminginblue
February 8th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Hi ladies, I've just ventured upon this site. Hoping for some advice and support to help my gender dream

When are you planning on trying? End of May onwards. Stopping in late September if no bfp. Probably not resume trying till 2015
Have you started to sway yet? Not presently due to AF following IUD removal but hoping from Monday to start.
Did you get a personalized plan or are you working on your own? Again not presently, just stumbled into this so hoping to be clued up by end of February to give a good 3 months before trying.
Which gender are you hoping for? :bluesperm: :ttcboy: :DS:
Any concerns you have currently? That I'll get impatient or bored or I'll be disappointed with another girl.

hotdogz&boyz
February 8th, 2014, 09:30 PM
^^Big welcome!! We needed some blue swayers around here :)

It's a bit overwhelming at first on this site, buts its got tons and tons of great info. Poke around a while and let it start settling in and you'll certainly not be bored :D It's some interesting stuff. I'm in love with having this knowledge, so much that I've started to evaluate what I think people will have in real life based on the info. Lol.

dreaminginblue
February 9th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Thanks hotdogz, I did some reading into Atomics threads and feel a bit more clued up. Going to give the :ttcgirl: forums a read and see if it makes sense though tbh so far diet wise, it could explain why we have 2 girls:oops:. Not that I'd change that for anything

marriedmomof2
February 9th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Thank you! Btw your youngest ds and I have the same b-day! 4/9 :happy:
Welcome marriedmom!

Rosie85
February 10th, 2014, 10:08 AM
It is a great day for a birthday married! The day he was born, there was a snowstorm here. Hoping for a much nicer and warmer 1st birthday for him this year!

marriedmomof2
February 10th, 2014, 12:00 PM
It is a great day for a birthday married! The day he was born, there was a snowstorm here. Hoping for a much nicer and warmer 1st birthday for him this year!
Yes it is!!
Really? I have never had it snow on my bday that I can remember. I hope it is warmer this year for him.
Quick question.... So will your first attempt be in April, or is that when you are starting your diet and etc?

Rosie85
February 10th, 2014, 02:51 PM
April will be our first attempt. I have been dieting and such since January 1st.

Rosie85
February 11th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Hey ladies! I had a small victory last night. I got some pants on and buttoned that I couldn't even come close to doing so two weeks ago. I am excited but also slightly confused. I really haven't lost more than 2-3 lbs since then but I am obviously losing inches. Does that mean I am gaining in muscle and I am increasing my testosterone then??!! I don't start exercising everyday until March. Right now I am just doing every other day.

Lucky-happy-blessed
February 11th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Hi everyone

We have decided to start trying in April, I am so excited!

We will be trying to sway pink but I'm sure we will end up with another blue bundle of joy

I've just started the diet but I've already lost 7lbs since the start of the year so I hope that will help

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you:hug2:

Rosie85
February 11th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Welcome Lucky!! Is this your first sway?

Lucky-happy-blessed
February 11th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the welcome Rosie :0)

It will be my first gd sway, we were going to try last year but life got in the way and we did attempt a sway with no.5 but I messed the timings etc up so it ended up being a pretty lame attempt!

Having said that after reading everything on here it does seem like I inadvertently swayed with my others (things like pre-seed etc and I got my only girl the only time I lost a fair bit of weight)

odd
February 11th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Welcome lucky:-)

odd
February 11th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Hilarious bit of info..my hubby who has super low libido was hesitating in taking OLE &LR..but I talked him into it by exaggerating the benefits lol..

He thinks LR kinda works as Viagra and now wants to DTD everyday. .lol...oh tge mibd tricks :-)

Rosie85
February 11th, 2014, 11:56 AM
That gives me hope lucky! This will be my only pregnancy where I will have lost weight before getting pregnant. I don't get to be lucky like you and have over 6 kiddos! DH is cutting me off :tissue:

Lucky-happy-blessed
February 11th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Thanks odd, and that is so funny about your husband haha bless him

I really hope the weight loss does the trick for you Rosie, I've got to admit DH is the one who desperately wants no.7 and he's very into the swaying side of things, I'm nervous about having another (and I'm sure it'll be a boy!) but as he's the one who does all the hard stuff with the dc I'm happy to have another (and I am excited, just nervous too). We didnt plan a big family, it just sort of happened :0)

marriedmomof2
February 11th, 2014, 02:56 PM
oMG lol I thought about dong the same since he doesn't know I am swaying. That is hilarious!!
Hilarious bit of info..my hubby who has super low libido was hesitating in taking OLE &LR..but I talked him into it by exaggerating the benefits lol..

He thinks LR kinda works as Viagra and now wants to DTD everyday. .lol...oh tge mibd tricks :-)

hotdogz&boyz
February 12th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Odd, you have me giggling. You are rather brilliant :) Although he will certainly be surprised when you break the news...or will you??? LOL!

And welcome Lucky! Always nice to have new swayers here. Hope you get a pinkie with number 7!

I know how you feel, a bit, Rosie. Dh has always said he was cutting me off at 4. I recently brought up the idea of 5 and told him to "think about it." He didn't immediately say "no way, no how." So I will take that as a good sign. I don't need to for sure hear that he might let us have another, but I want that door open. Now, of course, it's different because we did get a girl (I don't discount that it changes things). But it makes me sad to think about only doing this one more time. I'd actually love to have another of each, if I were lucky enough to get the choice! But I think it's hard to feel up against a number. Having it open ended has taken some pressure off. I'm not even sure I want to have five. But I want the option, in case four doesn't feel right.

odd
February 12th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Hmmm. .why ruin a good thing?? ;-)

NCBeachyGrl
February 12th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Rosie - what gender calendar are you using?

Rosie85
February 12th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Beachy- it is the one with the lunar age conversion built in. I will see if I can find it and post a link. Also where did you find these fat free chocolate cookies you were talking about? I looked everywhere?! That was you that mentioned them right? lol

Rosie85
February 12th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Lunar Age | Gender Calculator (http://www.chinesegenderchart.info/gender-calculator.php)

This is the calendar I used. Good year for a girl for me!

NCBeachyGrl
February 12th, 2014, 11:32 AM
They are normally in the cookie aisle. They have a snackwell brand or usually generic brand (walmart, harris teeter, etc.). this is what they look like:

http://www.amazon.com/Snackwells-Devils-Cookies-6-75-Ounce-Boxes/dp/B000F9Z1ZK

Fat free cool whip was my best friend b/c you could turn anything into a treat!! Do you eat candy too? I always ate the swedish fish that had zero fat. My fav addition to a meal!!

Rosie85
February 12th, 2014, 11:38 AM
oh great! Thank you, I will check another store. Do they taste good at all???

I will also pick up some cool whip...I won't enjoy it though! My Dh is going to make fun of me. We have a constant war, cool whip against regular whip cream. I am the whip cream side and he likes cool whip.

I don't generally eat a lot of candy unless it is chocolate and full of fat, never had swedish fish. I will have to try some of those. I do like licorice too.

Rosie85
February 12th, 2014, 11:38 AM
oh great! Thank you, I will check another store. Do they taste good at all???

I will also pick up some cool whip...I won't enjoy it though! My Dh is going to make fun of me. We have a constant war, cool whip against regular whip cream. I am the whip cream side and he likes cool whip.

I don't generally eat a lot of candy unless it is chocolate and full of fat, never had swedish fish. I will have to try some of those. I do like licorice too.

NCBeachyGrl
February 12th, 2014, 12:18 PM
They are actually really good and addicting!! Same with Swedish fish. I still buy them and eat them all the time!

unwirklich
February 13th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Wow, Rosie wasn't kiddin this is an active thread (I followed a link from her here :) I admit, I only read like page 1 and the last 2, but...

We plan to try end of March again, would be a new years baby if my cycle doesn't change and I get lucky enough to get a BFP on cycle 1.

Yep, I've been on the LE diet since early January.

I planned it on my own cause I'm poor lol

Girl, we have three DS 5, 4 and 1..thinkin this is our last.

I had a missed miscarriage in November :( I'm really scared it'll happen again, but trying my best not to worry too much cause I know statistically it's unlikely.

Rosie85
February 13th, 2014, 01:29 AM
welcome unwirklich! Any thread I am on tends to be active, I am chatty cathy! haha. Being a stay at home mom I have to get the action where I can!

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I am betting your bean will be pink and sticky this next time around!

daisymoo
February 13th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Hi girls Have had no internet for the last few days so haven't been able to keep in touch with everything! Welcome all the new girls. I'm like you Rosie, a stay at home mommie. Boy it gets busy doesn't it? And hopefully it'll be a busy house full of pink next year!! Anyone taking a larger dose of aspirin and if so how often are you taking it? I've tried to find the lower dose but can't seem to locate it anywhere and I have to start taking it asap.

Rosie85
February 13th, 2014, 12:20 PM
I haven't started my aspirin yet...oops I really don't even know how much I am suppose to take. I was planning

Rosie85
February 13th, 2014, 12:21 PM
on cranberry and recently changed my mind!

Sorry about the broken post! haha

daisymoo
February 13th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Ya Atomic has said that I should take 75mg 2 to 5 times a week but if we can only find 100mg that would be fine and to just take it less often So I was just wondering how everyone else was getting on taking it. Should be taken 8 weeks before attempt so we better get moving I suppose!! When is your actual attempt Rosie? Depending on actual ovulation mine should be in 8 weeks time! aaarrrggghhhh!!

Rosie85
February 13th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Mine is about 8 or 9 weeks. My cycles can be sketchy so who knows where it will land for sure but I am thinking mid april. I think I will do 3 times a week.

marriedmomof2
February 14th, 2014, 02:51 PM

I guess I never answered these... Sounds like something I would do.
I plan on trying in May or June.
No I haven't started to sway yet .
I will buy a personalized plan.
Hoping for a girl!!
No concerns as of yet.

unwirklich
February 14th, 2014, 04:51 PM
I'm a stay at home mom too, but I'm taking fulltime college courses online and I write from home for income..so between that and 3 boys I'm rarely bored lol

Rosie85
February 14th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I did college full time online too but when I had two kiddos! Hope your courses are going well!

Rosie85
February 14th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Ladies I have to admit that I wish I could ttc this month or next. It is absolutely out of the question but gosh am I ready. I am tired, haven't been feeling good and just can't wait to get off of this diet. technically we don't even want a baby with a January birthday but April being a peak month for baby girls conceived we have to go with it. haha

marriedmomof2
February 14th, 2014, 09:57 PM
So many stay at home moms! I am a full time working mom, and I take college classes 2 nights a week. Some times I wish I could be a stay at home mom, then i take a few vacation days and I realize there is no way I could do it lbs.
Rosie, I understand completely, then I think about if my sway failed, I would always think that it failed because I was too impatient. I am taking it a month at a time, March is midterm month, and April is my b-day and anniversary month, and May is finals. The time will come very soon.

hotdogz&boyz
February 14th, 2014, 11:15 PM
I always want to TTC! Lol. But I don't want a baby yet. And I don't want to have a baby in Nov-Feb. So that leaves us with preventing. And since I'm so far off of a girl sway now, I need to be avoiding!! But it's always tough for me to know when I am ovulating and know I *could* conceive a baby and still avoid it.

I actually take a higher dose of aspirin than most on here. But I have a medical condition that requires it (for both me and baby), so I'm sure that makes a difference. I take an 81mg every day. But without it my baby wouldn't survive implantation because of my body's clotting factors. For the average person, that might make implantation less likely, since it thins it too much. I think 100mg three times a week sounds reasonable though.

At the moment, I am soooo far off thinking about swaying or babies. All three of my kids have been running me through the wringer (I am SAH too) and I am literally dead on my feet most days. I have two teething, one fighting sleep, and another being entirely obstinate and just difficult to handle. Poor DH high tailed it to bed tonight (on Valentines, poor guy) because I was fighting the baby to go down and was just getting more irritated by the second. It's been a constant struggle this week for any sleep at all. And I'm sure it's teeth, but mamas skin is wearing thin. I need some space!! So...yea, sooooo not thinking about another this week. Ask me next week (With any hopes, ill ovulate this week to make avoiding very easy!)

(Sorry for the whine!!)

Welcome new faces :) We love to have more folks on here. Ill need plenty of people to stalk (in a non-creepy way) when y'all get preggers.

odd
February 15th, 2014, 12:01 AM
We never wanted kids but now I am a SAHM mom too. I had a thriving career with great pkg. And and was planning on continuing after my son was born.

Bit he decided to come way too early amd seeing this tiny 3 pound thing changed my life forever lol. We r fortunate that my hubby has a good job that allows me to spend my time with my son. I will get a chance to work all my life but these first few years will never come back

dreamingofpink14
February 15th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Hi ladies, happy Saturday! Sorry I've been mia here, work has been crazy! That's great so many of you are sahm's. I am planning to be after #2.. whenever that may be! We had an unexpected BD a few nights ago which was the night before I got a pos opk. We'll see if anything comes of it but I'm doubting so since he pulled out (sorry if tmi!). Have a nice weekend everyone!

daisymoo
February 15th, 2014, 01:44 PM
oh wow dreamingofpink! Can you imagine if you do get your bfp! You never know You might be the first one on here to do so! How long have you been swaying? Are you ready if you do get a bfp? Hats off to all the ladies studying at home while looking after kiddies! I barely have time to shower ha!! I think I was more organised when I used to work outside the home lol!

marriedmomof2
February 15th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Awww only 3lbs!! When was his due date? I understand that, my closest friend is a SAHM (the only one I know personally). She has 2 boys and 2 girls and loves she can be there for her girls. I commend all of you for being a SAHM, I have this crazy desire to work. I have had 2 jobs since I was 16 and went down to one when I got married and had my second son, I didn't need two I have to busy like crazy busy or I feel like I am going bonkers kwim? I hope I didn't offend anyone with my first comment. Dh has a great job and I could stop, but for my own sanity and my work I continue. My line of work is amazing and as long as I stay there my children will get a free education at $44,000 a year per child I couldn't beat that with a stick if I wanted to.
We never wanted kids but now I am a SAHM mom too. I had a thriving career with great pkg. And and was planning on continuing after my son was born.

Bit he decided to come way too early amd seeing this tiny 3 pound thing changed my life forever lol. We r fortunate that my hubby has a good job that allows me to spend my time with my son. I will get a chance to work all my life but these first few years will never come back

momto4boyz
February 15th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Can I join in here? I think we are shooting for April, possibly May. I just started the diet today, so far, so good! Waiting for my sway plan to get down to the nitty gritty lol

unwirklich
February 15th, 2014, 05:34 PM
I had a lot of trouble with the stay at home mom thing at first, but after kid 2, daycare would have eaten up so much of my salary after gas (we live in the boonies in AK) it wasn't a logical solution. That's actually how I ended up working from home. It let me stay home with the spawn while satisfying that intense need to work. I garden and stuff too. I'm going to college for a business degree. My husband and I plan to open our own business so I can get more into the social side of working. lol

I'd agree, the whole waiting to try is so hard. We had been trying for a summer baby, and we stopped in jan. because we already have 2 sons born in October, same day actually. They are exactly 4 years, 2 hours and 12 minutes apart. Our first ttc again cycle starts around March 26th with a solid new moon ovulation date so we ended up with 3 cycles in between. With charting and stuff, you know when you're fertile, so tempting to just be like..eh..opps forgot the condom. lol But I think April is a good shot for us all, if we want pink.

Boysway
February 15th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Hey there ladies. I thought I might jump in here if that is alright.

When are you planning on trying? Hoping to try March-May. Quite honestly, I am feeling very nervous. Almost sick to the stomach which isn't good. By the way, I am in Australia which is why I am planning on TTC around March-May (preferably April).

Do you have a personalised plan? Yes I do :)

Which gender are you hoping for? We're hoping for a blue bundle.

Any current concerns? I'm anxious things won't go to plan.

A little background on me.

Mummy to four beautiful girls (one is an Angel watching over us).
I work in disabilities in a casual position but, I work for two places. It is shift work so, is a bit of a pain with charting. Especially since I do a lot of night shift work, unfortunately that is supposed to sway pink, I sure hope this isn't the case for us.

Wishing baby dust of the right swaying colour to all ;)

marriedmomof2
February 15th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Can I join in here? I think we are shooting for April, possibly May. I just started the diet today, so far, so good! Waiting for my sway plan to get down to the nitty gritty lol
Welcome momto4boys!!!

odd
February 15th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Welcome boysway. .maybe you can add your 2 cents on how you conceived ur girls. .some of us could really use the knowledge;-)

odd
February 15th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Welcome momto4boys :-)

odd
February 15th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Awww only 3lbs!! When was his due date? I understand that, my closest friend is a SAHM (the only one I know personally). She has 2 boys and 2 girls and loves she can be there for her girls. I commend all of you for being a SAHM, I have this crazy desire to work. I have had 2 jobs since I was 16 and went down to one when I got married and had my second son, I didn't need two I have to busy like crazy busy or I feel like I am going bonkers kwim? I hope I didn't offend anyone with my first comment. Dh has a great job and I could stop, but for my own sanity and my work I continue. My line of work is amazing and as long as I stay there my children will get a free education at $44,000 a year per child I couldn't beat that with a stick if I wanted to.

Oh wow. .I would nt quit either if I were you. In my field, its looong hours and a lot of stress which is not worth it although i do miss workinf at times. Staying home is def bittersweet esp. As they get older and start to talk back lol

My kiddo was born 7 wks early because i had preeclampsia. Thankfully other than weight he was perfect and caught on the weight dept. Within first 3 months

hotdogz&boyz
February 15th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Welcome new mamas!! I hope we all have great success with our sways :)

Boysway
February 16th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Hmm, did I come into a girl sway TTC thread?

daisymoo
February 16th, 2014, 04:01 AM
welcome to all the new girls! Great to have more on our thread. Boysway this is a thread for future attempts for both pink and blue so this is exactly where you're supposed to be! Eating for blue is great fun That's why I have three boys!! Plenty of high protein healthy fats ALL day and you're half way there! :)

Boysway
February 16th, 2014, 04:50 AM
Oh, cool. That's a relief :)
Thanks for the welcome. When I first received my plan, I was doing really well. Eating heaps, drinking heaps of V8 juice etc. Now, I have hit some kind of wall. I just feel exhausted (lots of night shifts don't help) and sluggish. I need to get back into it. According to FF, I have ovulated. I am relieved as I was worried the Mirena had stuffed my body. I guess we will know in about 2 weeks. Looking back on past charts, I seem to have a 12-13 days LP. Geez, I never thought I would be happy knowing AF was two weeks away, lol.

Boysway
February 16th, 2014, 04:59 AM
odd, happy to help. Up until a few years ago I was a poor eater. I didn't drink much water through the day, loved my cheese, ate a lot of take away and coffee. I was underweight when I fell pregnant with all of my girls. This wasn't just because I was a small eater, my metabolism was pretty good as well. I would have the V energy drink quite frequently. I would get plenty of sleep as I only worked 38 hours a week and it wasn't shift work. Trying to think of anything else... I can't right now, lol. Too many years ago.

Rosie85
February 16th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Dreaming...ooo this will be fun waiting to see if anything comes of that night! If it was meant to be it will be!

Welcome to the new ladies!

hotdogz&boyz
February 16th, 2014, 04:09 PM
We NEED boy swayers on this thread boysway!! So happy you joined us. Overall, it seems more ladies on here are swaying for girls. But I love having a good variety :)

I hope you can get your diet sorted out. I also have a tendency to do really well for a little while and then slack off because I am bored. Lol. If I do diet, it will be the shortest possible amount I can and still get results! Haha. But I'm trying to more toward more girl eating patterns already, so it won't feel as big of a change.

Did everyone have a good weekend? We found out yesterday that we are expecting our first nephew!! I'm so excited :) We don't have any nieces or nephews, so he is our kids' first cousin! Both Dh and I are the oldest children. I wanna spoil a baby and snuggle him and then hand him back. Hehe. I did a little shopping for him this afternoon. It was so fun!

Rosie85
February 16th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Congrats on finding out about your future nephew! We just found out over Christmas that our kids are getting their first cousin too. She is only 12 weeks pregnant though so not sure what they are having as of yet.

I am so nervous I am going to be super jealous if it is a girl but I really am excited to be an aunt! By all swaying standards...even though she wasn't swaying of course, she should be having a boy. We shall see if I am right!

Today I bought 4 baby girl newborn onsies, they were on super sale and I couldn't pass them up. Hope I get to use them!

hotdogz&boyz
February 16th, 2014, 11:31 PM
^^I was rather sure my SIL was having a boy too. I guessed boy pretty strongly. She only had one "strong" girl factor (she is a nurse who works nights). But her diet, health, and personality were all boyish. She is even more particular about things than I am (aka: Martha to the max). And even though its an old wives tale, I find women carrying boys are nicer and look really good in pregnancy. Total stereotype, but I've seen it be true a lot. She became so nice when she got pregnant (we haven't been the best of friends, but it's changing rapidly). So I was pretty sure her odds for a boy were higher.

I didn't really care though, but again, I have a girl and that makes a big difference. I might have felt envious if I had three boys. I did feel really bad for her though, she didn't have a preference (to my knowledge), but her only sibling is expecting this week and having a little boy. So her entire side of the family were pulling for a girl. And my husband and her husband are the only two on this side and since we have two boys and a girl, their mom (MIL) made it clear she wanted to even up the teams. So I feel like she got "ganged up" on to have a girl and I know she was feeling pressure of disappointing people by having a boy. Thankfully, everyone was gracious at the party they had (except her best friend, but she is a tool). I really am super excited to get a nephew, I just love little boys :) I just hope no one says stupid crap to her, I want her to have that delightful 'first pregnancy bliss' without people ruining it with gender comments!

dreamingofpink14
February 17th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Congrats hotdogz and rosie! So exciting to be an aunt and for your kids to have cousins :) I come from a pretty small family and so does DH so both families are happy we are already planning for #2! I just bought some girl clothes on clearance last weekend too! Dh found them and thinks I'm crazy though. Haha!

On a more serious note, I think I need to take baby aspirin out of my sway. I only took two last week and got bruises on the back of my legs :( I'm hoping the other elements are enough. I also cheated on the diet last night when dh took me out for valentines day... I had salmon.

Boysway
February 17th, 2014, 02:43 AM
It's so exciting knowing a new little relative is on the way. My SIL gave us a nephew in 2011. We now have a little niece on the way :D She is due in 8 weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing if she looks anything like my youngest. My first three kids are from a previous relationship. My youngest looks a lot like my husband.

odd
February 17th, 2014, 10:32 AM
We welcomed the first girl in our family after 5 boys. My SIL had a baby girl a month ago and we were all beyond thrilled :-)..if nothing else.. I have an excuse to buy the cute girl clothes.

hotdogz&boyz
February 17th, 2014, 03:11 PM
^^Is it bad to admit that I just wanted an excuse to buy cute baby clothes PERIOD!? Lol. I ran out of reasons to buy for my kids, they have full wardrobes AND my mom buys tons for them as well :)

Dreamingpink14: I'd take it out and not think twice about it. There are tons of other factors going into swaying and you don't want to cause health issues. If the lining is too thin, you can't implant anyway, so I wouldn't stress about no aspirin. Nor about the cheat, it's a pretty mild one in my book ;)

And how cool that so many of you got or are getting little nieces or nephews. I came from a huge family (I have 23 first cousins alone, not mentioning the kids they all have and my second cousins, whom we see on a regular basis), so it's not really a new thing for me. And my kids call my cousins' kids' their "cousins." But this is our first official. My brothers aren't old enough or in stable enough relationships for me to want them to have kids yet (lol!) but we have been kinda waiting for his brother to start. They want 2-3, so we figured soon (he is 30, she is 27 next month).

marriedmomof2
February 17th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Hey there ladies! I hope that everyone's day is going well. I have been in an extremely great mood today, I am sure it's because I got great news today, well not really great per se. I found a lump in my breast in Dec. fast forward past all doc appointments and etc and today we scheduled the removal/biopsy for next week! Super excited, I have been waiting on this to pass before start my sway. There is a 2% chance it's cancer but I am being positive! (I have also been holding this in from everyone except for dh) so this is big for me..... Completely off topic but I can't wait!! Starting my exercising tomorrow!

hotdogz&boyz
February 17th, 2014, 10:32 PM
^^Lots and lots of good thoughts for that 98% and to be able to move forward with your sway!! Good luck.

I gotta say ladies...I must love living on the edge. I am not being careful AT ALL lately and I don't quite know why. Last month I was having weird CM and thought we might have BDed too close to O. Turns out I ovulated later and all was good. But this month...again...I haven't gotten a positive OPK yet, but not liking what the CM is doing far too close to relations. I need to learn. Lol. But it's not like I don't know what we are doing, I just only think about it after. Dummy! I think part of me wants as close to a NTNP baby as possible. I find the whole swaying things stressful this time around, like I don't want to think about it or plan it, so I'm hoping I just pop up pregnant (which isn't possible because of the clotting issues and ill have to catch it early). But me and dh pretty much talked about trying much later in the year (July). So I dunno why we are playing with fire. It kinda baffles me. Lol. Hopefully that smiley face stays away until Thursday or so. Then I think we'd be in the clear. If I wanna play this game AND sway, I best start changing things up. Ugh. I wish I weren't so torn on all of it. (FWIW: dh doesn't care, I could want to be preggo tomorrow and he would be fine with it, it's not like I'm messing things up in that way. Just with my own plans!)

Abifasc
February 17th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Hi! We're starting our sway in April. I'm reading a lot about swaying, have started taking folic acid, drinking diet coke and crystal lite, and have been checking my cp and cm. I'm so excited and really encouraged to read all these successful sway stories!

Rosie85
February 18th, 2014, 09:42 AM
hotdogz, it is kind of fun to play with fire isn't it? haha. I wish I could do the same and I too want to accidentally fall pregnant and not have to worry and stress anymore but like I mentioned before these two months are beyond out of the question and I know I will be upset if I get pregnant! It is also hard to not want to be when all the ladies from our old due date club are getting pregnant!

married-so happy it is only a 2% chance! Your odds are soo good. Good luck moving forward with your sway now!

marriedmomof2
February 18th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Thank you hotdogz and rosie! You two are hilarious.

daisymoo
February 18th, 2014, 01:11 PM
marriedmom, I'm thrilled for you It must be such a relief after all that worry You must feel like a big weight is off your shoulders. Good for you!!
hotdogz I know the feeling! we had a bit of a drunken woopsie back in Jan and I thought No give more time on my sway!! Had only started swaying two weeks then! But thank god af showed up! I have a big night out on 8 March so I have to be good and not drink too much again!
Anyone else craving salty foods and meat? I've eaten atkins style for so many years this diet is so strange for me When I get my bfp I'm having a large big mac mmmmmmmmm!!!

dreaminginblue
February 18th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Daisymoo I'm getting sick of full fat milk and vitamins if I'm honest. I'm not 100% HE atm, just trying to add a few things like the vitamins as they're not something I usually take.
If I can be a bit TMI for a moment, I very nearly threw in the towel last night but no want to give my sway a go but have started an AF with all the crappy symptoms. First one in 3 years so it's taken the wind out of my sails. Boo

Rosie85
February 18th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Sorry you are having a rough time dreamingblue, it is so hard to make such drastic changes and I too often want to throw in the towel.

I miss meat and eating full meals. I get that changing my habits has shown me how to eat better as in not eating too much fat and calories like I was before but I really do miss eating whatever I want and now with the awareness I have gained I know I will never go back to how it was. I have never been a label reader and now that is all I do. I would eat half a pan of brownies before...no guilt really and now I can barely feel good about one.

I just really hope this all works out for everyone in the end and we all get our dream genders!

Rosie85
February 18th, 2014, 02:42 PM
oh and daisy I haven't been having salt cravings at all actually. I reduced my intake but not to the point of including it in the sway, it just naturally happened with my food selections. I can tell the days I get more than normal because I get super super thirsty.

marriedmomof2
February 18th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Thank you daisy! It really is a relief. Dreamingblue, sorry you are having a hard time. I have two boys and I hate full fat milk (red cap) I only use the blue cap (2%) and I only have milk with cereal or cookies, never by itself I hate milk, I give it to my boys when I'm done. Can you change it up? Breakfast food, cereal, and burgers (with tons of steak fries) have always been my favorites ( no idea how I am going to give these up).....

marriedmomof2
February 18th, 2014, 03:30 PM
welcome Abi :flowerz:

daisymoo
February 18th, 2014, 03:53 PM
dreaminginblue, I have 3 boys and never drank milk. So don't worry about that too much. Like marriedmom, I would eat buckets of cereal, lots of meat dishes and lots of food with really healthy fats like nut butters, avocados and really healthy brown breads. I would take multi vitamins, extra vitamin c, fish oils etc. And I would drink green tea by the gallon! You should try that instead of the milk.
Rosie, I was like you I would eat loads without even thinking about it. It does make you realise how much you could eat doesn't it? I have definitely become a label freak now! Even my husband commented on me eating white bread today it's that strange for me But I do love it! Oh please let our sways work :banghead::what::):)

Rosie85
February 18th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Daisy the only white bread I ever ate was homemade and when going out to eat. I always loved it but it isn't as healthy so we stuck to wheat for at home. So I am enjoying that guilty pleasure!

oh and I am with daisy...I never ever drink milk as I have a pretty bad intolerance and I have 3 boys. makes me wonder if I did drink it if I would get girls, haha

hotdogz&boyz
February 18th, 2014, 04:29 PM
I think it's hard on both ends to change diet so drastically. There is a reason, somewhere, for why we eat the ways we do. Girl mamas tend to enjoy the LE way of eating. And boy mamas love the HE style!

I don't struggle much with the choices on either diet, I tend to sit in the middle as far as items I eat. But it's the pattern of eating (snacking) and simply being told I *cant* have things that I rebel against. And I know that it's fine to say "hey, there aren't cant foods, cheat sometimes." But I'd cheat all.the.time. Lol. And I love potatoes. All forms, but particularly French fries. I could live on them. I'm amazed I don't have weight issues with how many freaking French fries I eat. Lol. I am also a pretty big eater as well. I have been less so lately, not because of LE, just because we are busier and I miss breakfast a lot, which cuts out an entire meal without making it up. So it's a bit of LE without doing it on purpose.

Are any mamas in here crafters? Just wondering :)

dreamingofpink14
February 18th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Hi ladies.. I'm having a rough time sticking to the diet. I've been pretty good until this past weekend. Craving meat now. Argh!

momto4boyz
February 18th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I was doing ok on the diet until today. I had to have chicken fingers and cheese fries for lunch lol

Rosie85
February 18th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Ladies go ahead and eat meat once in a while! It makes it easier to stick to the diet. I have chicken once a week! The point is to make a change from where you were before so eating way less meat is still doing something. Vegetarian is a magic bullet as many veggie moms have boys!

Hotdogz-I craft! Don't have a ton of money to do so but I enjoy it very much!

Rosie85
February 18th, 2014, 04:49 PM
oh and I love french fries too! Especially the ones from smashburger, yummmmmm

daisymoo
February 18th, 2014, 05:00 PM
I have found the cure if any of you girlies are feeling like throwing in the towel Go and see some pink girlie clothes in a shop. I did today and it got me all excited again! Strange I know but seemed to work!

dreaminginblue
February 18th, 2014, 05:01 PM
I agree with the being used to LE diet. I seem to constantly lose and gain the same stone and usually stick to semi-skimmed milk and chicken meals. Am eating more red meat and adding salt but I've crashed with sugar cravings so I'm glad I'm not TTC atm.
Thanks for your suggestions ladies.
With both girls I ate a varied diet but just lots of low-fat stuff, drank white tea and diet cola and sugar free squashes. I'm not a big fruit eater but can snack on bananas. One thing I did do and have seen is eat breakfast, just fruit and fibre and toast. My only vitamin supplement was folic acid.

dreaminginblue
February 18th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Oh and hotdogz I craft: crochet is my relaxation and Daisymoo I don't know if I would be able to walk away without buying something!

Rosie85
February 18th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Dreamingblue---Did you eat chocolates at all? I have a hard time not wanting to eat all my valentines chocolates in one sitting! haha

Daisy-I look at girl clothes too, I have even bought some, on super clearance though of course and if I have a boy I will give them away but it is great motivation. When I work out I picture my daughter in my head the entire time. I feel like this HAS to be it, this WILL work I WILL have my daughter in my arms in a years time.

daisymoo
February 18th, 2014, 05:25 PM
I believe you will too!! :)

dreamingofpink14
February 19th, 2014, 01:22 AM
I totally agree on shopping for girl things (also on clearance, Rosie)! I ended up eating chicken tacos for dinner tonight with one of my friends. I couldn't resist.. it was taco Tuesday!

I have a question and sorry if this is TMI. I went to the doctor yesterday because I had what I thought was a yeast infection. Turns out it was a UTI too. Does the LE diet make you more prone to these? I used to get them a lot when I was younger and not eating as well. And now I'm on 10 days of antibiotics to get this dreadful thing to go away.

marriedmomof2
February 19th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I can't look at girl clothes in the store, I will buy something. However, I get my reminders in random ways. Clothes don't do it for me, pinterest and all the little cute bows and tutus that I want to make for her. My close friend text me yesterday and she was so excited that her daughter wanted them to play with Barbies (she is only 3). I get more motivation from that than anything. I have sort of a shopping issue lol. (I have a secret bpard on pinterest and that is where all of my ttc, pregnancy, girl stuff goes! I can dream away without anyone knowing lol.... like this it melts my heart 17065 17066

Rosie85
February 19th, 2014, 10:53 AM
oh the bows! The barbies...seems so far away and impossible at times. Those little ladies you posted are so cute. I don't have a pinterest board for girly things, I am sure I would have friends say mean things...it has happened before. I had one friend tell me once that she doesn't know why I want another baby and that it would just be another boy and that I shouldn't bother. argh!

dreamingpink-I would think it could be more common for utis since we are essentially unbalancing the ph in our bodies making us more susceptible. Hope you feel better soon!

marriedmomof2
February 19th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Rosie you can have a secret board that only you can see!!!! Also you can invite only certain people to see it. So no one can see mine. I even had my friends go on and see how many boards they saw of mine and they didn't see my secret one! BTW that was rude of that friend. Ignore that comment.....
edit: I also took my pinterest off of facebook just in case someone could see it there.

Abifasc
February 19th, 2014, 11:01 AM
welcome Abi :flowerz:

Thank you :) looking forward to getting to know you all a little better!

Abifasc
February 19th, 2014, 11:02 AM
I can't look at girl clothes in the store, I will buy something. However, I get my reminders in random ways. Clothes don't do it for me, pinterest and all the little cute bows and tutus that I want to make for her. My close friend text me yesterday and she was so excited that her daughter wanted them to play with Barbies (she is only 3). I get more motivation from that than anything. I have sort of a shopping issue lol. (I have a secret bpard on pinterest and that is where all of my ttc, pregnancy, girl stuff goes! I can dream away without anyone knowing lol.... like this it melts my heart 17065 17066

Oh my gosh this is why I need a daughter!

hotdogz&boyz
February 19th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Secret Pinterest page are awesome. Me and a couple people have one right now for planning my SILs shower. Only us three can see it and pin stuff to it.

But I can't believe people would say mean stuff to someone for simply pinning stuff they like. Gosh, I have friends that pin WEIRD stuff. And I don't make a single comment, even if its super strange. I wouldn't even think a boy mom pinning girly stuff was weird at all. Clearly just hopes and dreams and plans. People can be so judgy about odd things!

Cool that we have a few crafters in here. I am working on a huge batch of birthday invites for my grandpa right now (60+). They are coming out good, but taking a long time (and I'm procrastinating the last bit). Next up are first birthday invites. Waaaahhhh...where did the time go?!

Rosie85
February 19th, 2014, 05:04 PM
I may have to look into those secret boards! Sounds neat.

Has anyone else got a name list going for their future baby?! I have had one for a long while but I can't seem to find one for the boys side. I have already chosen a first name for my daughter but struggle for a middle name since DH doesn't like the one I chose. He isn't set in stone for the first name either but he will change his mind :wink:

daisymoo
February 19th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Rosie take no notice of what people say Some people can be so horrible at times I think it's mostly out of jealousy You have as a good a chance as anybody at having a little girl. By the way if I have a girl I'd love to call her Mia And another boy, probably Charlie.
yes dreamingofpink I think your uti would probably come from your diet. Not too sure though. You should ask Atomic.
Oh my god those girlie pics are beyond cute! We'll all be buying those clothes next year!!! :D

Rosie85
February 19th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Charlie is such a cute name for a boy! Mia is a lovely name too!

For our girl name I have Renley picked out---Ren for short. I am dead set on this name and it works with our others boys names which can all be shortened to 3 letters. We have a Sam, Dex and Ted.

and thanks, I DO have just as good of chance as anyone else at having a girl! I have a lot of people rooting for me too which is nice. I know I will have a lot of baby showers if I hear pink!

Boysway
February 19th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Hey there ladies. Definitely gets busy in here. I have had Atomic tell me we can ttc, so nervous about it though. I will have to write up a meal plan for myself for the weeks leading up to our first attempt. I'm in Australia so my boy attempts months are March-May. I have to get more confident though. The plan is so thorough I am afraid I will forget something. I'm thinking of first attempt being April.

I will be honest, I have bought some baby boy clothes :) I had a huge weakness though. I know quite a few people having babies this year. I couldn't help myself when I was shopping for others, lol.

I haven't discussed with Dh but, I am thinking either Connor William, Connor Robert or Connor William Robert. Robert is Dh's middle name. While I love William as the middle name, our youngest has the middle name Kate. So, our youngest two (when we get our boy ;) ) will have Kate and William as middle names. We aren't followers of the royal family, the names just suit, lol.

hotdogz&boyz
February 19th, 2014, 11:21 PM
^^Haha, I bet no one would even catch on. They are both classic names, so it makes sense that you would like them :)

I ALWAYS have a running name list. Lol. I just enjoy thinking about it. Me and dh aren't too bad about agreeing. We've had it easy enough with the other three. We will struggle a bit for a girl. Nothing pops out as "love." But a decent list of possibles: Clara, Isla, Elliott, Eliza, Esme. I have several for a boy: Ezra, Thaddeus (Thad), and Sullivan. Only one of those is dh approved. I'm pretty sure he will shoot own Thaddeus. Lol. We have the middle names for either, after my dad or his mom. I struggle with the name "fitting" with the kids I have. I'm weird like that ;)

Rosie85
February 20th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Hotdogz- I love the name Sullivan but my Dh shot that one down along with Dalton and Tobias. He is so darn picky! The only boy name on my list right now is Remy and Dh is unsure of it as am I.

Rosie85
February 20th, 2014, 09:36 AM
okay I am really worried and confused right now. I woke up this morning with cramps and went to the bathroom and I am bleeding/spotting. I haven't had a positive ovulation test except for the one that was super close to it a few days ago and I have to say this...I have never ever ever spotted during ovulation. What could be going on?! Did I cycle super early and now I am pregnant or getting my period 2 weeks early?? According to my period date I should be on CD14 today. My cycles have been irregular for the last 6 months.

marriedmomof2
February 20th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Hotdoz Clara is such a cute name. Rosie so is Renley. Mia as well and but that is my sister in laws name I've always wanted that name for a daughter. She would probably be excited though. lol. My name list includes Kylie Marie or Khloe Marie for a girl and Kingston Amir for a boy or Kyson Amir but dh has already stated he is not a fan of Kyson....

daisymoo
February 20th, 2014, 11:04 AM
You have all picked such gorgeous names. Here's to using them next year!
Rosie I wonder are the supplements that you're taking really messing up your cycle? CD14 is very early for af isn't it? Although it could possibly be the supplements. I don't think ovulation would ever make you spot. I'm not sure though. Why don't you ask Atomic? She would most likely know what's going on.
Try not to stress too much It's probably something small.

Rosie85
February 20th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I haven't started any supplements other than folic acid! So it couldn't be that. I am having very sharp pains below my ribs too, unsure if it is related. This is just so strange. I took both a pregnancy and ovulation test, both are negative.

daisymoo
February 20th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Gosh that is strange alright. Poor Rosie. I have no idea Sorry I'm not much help. Has the bleeding gotten worse? Does it feel like af pain? I wonder is it af then if you say your cycle has been irregular. Your body could be all over the place even if you are dieting very strictly maybe.

Rosie85
February 20th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Unfortunately it is more of a sharp stabbing pain with some light cramping which I never get during my period oddly enough. I almost wonder if I am not having a cyst or something on my ovary that is perhaps rupturing? The pain is enough for me to want to take some meds.

dreamingofpink14
February 20th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Rosie, I hope you're ok! Can you call your doctor? I love the names you all have picked out. For us we love the names Kate or Piper (our friends aren't a fan of it but we like it)! I woke up this morning really dizzy and slight chest pain. Going to make sure I get enough potassium today, but I've been drinking a coconut water every day anyway. Yesterday was a super hectic day at work and I didn't get to eat enough so I'm guessing that contributed to how I felt this morning.

daisymoo
February 20th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Rosie, Maybe you should ring your doc and ask him over the phone At least it will put your mind at ease.

marriedmomof2
February 20th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I didn't see that post sorry Rosie, I would call the doctor and ask to speak with the nurse, that way she can get the message to the doctor and call you back and let you know something (whether to come in or not). That's how my doctors office works. I hope everything is okay

hotdogz&boyz
February 20th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Hmmm Rosie. I think I'd call a doc. The pain is what worries me. I don't think it's normal to have a stabbing pain under the ribs. I'd wonder about a cyst as well. I doubt it's related to pregnancy or your period at this early stage. Especially since your tests are negative. But I wonder (and forgive me, I haven't had a cyst before), if as your ovaries are preparing an egg for ovulation, you are getting pain and bleeding because the ovary is already swollen and irritated from a cyst. I also know a woman who spotted with kidney stones. But I think you would have more symptoms in other areas of your body as well. I hope you figure it out. I know I'm always frustrated when my body goes haywire, so I know you must be feeling confused. Keep us posted!

In other news...I still haven't gotten a positive OPK, so I'm safe. Lol. I'm sure it will turn positive today or tomorrow, but it will be far enough outside the window that the chances of pregnancy would be very small. Whew (note to self...don't play this game anymore!)

Rosie85
February 20th, 2014, 03:00 PM
oh ladies I wish I could call a doctor. I don't have health insurance atm though :tissue: I won't go in unless I am literally bleeding out and dying.

I took a small nap when my littlest did and I woke up without the extreme sharp pains but I still have some cramping and bleeding when I wipe. I guess I will ride it out and see what happens. Hoping for nothing serious and no pregnancy.

Hotdogz-I think you will be safe too! If not you can join everyone else from our old due date group! haha

marriedmomof2
February 20th, 2014, 06:26 PM
I have had a cyst before, it's a painful cramping but I didn't spot until it burst. Before it burst it was a pain where I couldn't stand up straight, like a menstrual cramp sort of. I remember when it burst I was at the grocery store leaning on the cart, I just hit the floor.
I hope whatever it is goes away and fixes itself Rosie

Boysway
February 21st, 2014, 06:25 AM
How are you feeling now Rosie? A little better I hope.

Loving these baby names. As someone mentioned, I hope we get to use our names soon :)

Hotdogz, I had a few suggestions of names for our youngest. We settled on one very quickly (the other kids we were thinking of the names for months before deciding). I suggested the name Ava, dh shot that down by saying "Is that even a name". I suggested Alannah or Alyssa. Dh likes Alyssa and that was that. The name Kate just seemed to really suit the first name.

daisymoo
February 21st, 2014, 08:40 AM
Well Rosie How are you today? Do you feel any better? Are you still bleeding?
boysway, laughing at your dh asking is Ava even a name! Men!! I have Ava on my list, along with Ella and Isabel.
If my cycle keeps to 28 days I'll be six weeks from my attempt this weekend. Getting serious now!!! When are you guys having your attempts?

Rosie85
February 21st, 2014, 10:25 AM
Hello ladies! I only have very light spotting now and brown colored. Still no positive ovulation test though so I am sooo confused. I have cramping and a lot of lower back aches and lower abdominal aching. I really don't know what to make of this. Thank you for thinking of me though! So kind :HH::awe:

If I am not pregnant now and huge fingers crossed that I am not I will make my attempt in about 6 weeks as well I believe...as long as I even ovulate....feeling pretty discouraged atm. Starting march 1st I am going to start exercising 5 days a week instead of my 3-4. I will also be starting the rest of my supplements.

Rosie85
February 21st, 2014, 10:30 AM
oh I also have come down with a sore throat and stuffed nose...I always get that when first pregnant. really hoping it is a coincidence!!

dreamingofpink14
February 21st, 2014, 01:36 PM
Oh my gosh, keep us updated Rosie! Can't believe we are almost in March.. our attempt will be in April. Getting closer! Is it a coincidence that the closer it gets the more I want to cheat on the diet? Maybe nature is trying to tell me im not meant to have a girl. Haha.

Rosie85
February 21st, 2014, 01:57 PM
I have been wanting to cheat too dreaming! I just really really want a cheeseburger and other comfort food especially since I am not feeling good now.

I am really not doing well right now, I have an odd pressure in my back and belly and the bleeding started up again. It comes out when I pee and is stringy. oh how I wish I had health insurance right now! I just want to go in.

daisymoo
February 21st, 2014, 03:25 PM
Rosie I really think you need to call a doctor That pain and bleeding just doesn't sound right. Can you just pay for a normal surgery visit without insurance? That sounds crazy.

Rosie85
February 21st, 2014, 03:29 PM
daisy-the costs are astronomical here. I would probably have to shell out over 1k for the visit especially since the only place I would be able to go to today is the Emergency room. Doctors book out like crazy here and we just had a huge snowstorm and tons of roads are closed down.

I have been reading more into the ovulation bleeding and I still think it could be that. If it is, like I posted elsewhere now could be by chance for twins?! The internet seems to think so anyhow. Dh would NEVER go for it though so I would have to lie my way into BDing. He is super against twins even with knowing they are a real chance in my family since we have generations of them.

NCBeachyGrl
February 21st, 2014, 03:34 PM
Rosie...I'm so sorry you are in this strange limbo! Everyone I work with is in MN and said it is really bad!!

I really wonder if it could be a m/c afterall.

Rosie85
February 21st, 2014, 03:39 PM
Really NC? Too funny. Yeah it is bad here. It wouldn't have been so terrible if the wind wasn't up to 50mph last night creating huge drifts everywhere and now it is bitter cold again.

I really don't think it is a miscarriage unless I got pregnant during my period. I have taken hcg tests and they all came up negative. Hoping it passes by tomorrow. do chemical m/c show up on tests?? I have never had a M/c before and know nothing about them.

Rosie85
February 21st, 2014, 03:40 PM
oh and I can't believe you are already 7 weeks along NC!! Sorry to hear you have been feeling soo sick though, hopefully that vitamin D with the nausea stuff really helps you!

hotdogz&boyz
February 21st, 2014, 04:02 PM
It doesn't sound like a miscarriage to me...timing-wise or symptom-wise. If your HPTs are negative, I'd doubt it's a chemical or a miscarriage. I wouldn't rule out an "extreme" ovulation, could be releasing more than one egg. Or experiencing particularly high hormones this time around. Isn't it always when we *need* to count on something (like normal cycles) that things go off the track and toss a curve ball?!? I'd keep an eye on it. And keep testing with OPKs. I wonder if you are annovulatory so far (like your body tried and is failing, causing the cramps and bleeding?) and will gear up again. I had an annovulatory cycle after each of my boys, right when my period was coming back and they came with bleeding and cramping. But it is hard to know if that was because my cycles were trying to start up or because it was annovulatory (ya know?)

Our attempt will be in July (I know, I know...wrong thread!). I thought we would try in April, but we pushed it back a bit (not saying 100%) to July. Ill start my diet loosely in early May and buckle down in a couple weeks. I would like 6 weeks on it. And I think, based on current ovulation patterns, it will be more like 8. Dh will start olive leaf in May. Ill start aspirin in may. Not much else though. Ill be behind all you guys, but I don't mind. I like this group, so ill chat in here and stalk you all while we try :)

Rosie85
February 21st, 2014, 04:08 PM
The more the merrier I say in the thread whether you are swaying at the same time or not! I love chatting!

What you are saying hotdogz about that annovulatory thing makes sense. There is a first time for everything and why the heck not when I would want it the least, lol. I will keep doing the opks and see what comes.

daisymoo
February 21st, 2014, 04:57 PM
that's crazy money for a visit Wow. Hope you're coming out the otherside of it now. More than one egg being released sounds like what it could be. God twins can you imagine? It would be lovely though wouldn't it? You still might have twins when you have your attempt, you never know! My mother's two sisters have twins. I would love twins Think my dh might react a bit like yours though ha!
hotdogz great you're sticking with us. A lot of us could still be trying well into summer anyway so we may aswell all stick together! :):thumbup:

Boysway
February 22nd, 2014, 01:55 AM
Rosie, are you sure it isn't a severe UTI? Is it painful when you wee? That's insane cost to see a Dr :( it's so wrong to charge so much.

Speaking of twins, I have had a few psychics tell me I will have twins. A palm reader I saw in December said %80 chance boy/girl twins or two babies very close together. Since this is our last baby, I don't think we will have two close together. He said I would be pregnant this year. Dh wasn't keen on a baby when I saw the palm reader. Then, early January, while eating dinner (kids weren't around) dh randomly says we should start trying for a baby as soon as possible. I guess we will wait and see. Strange thing given my cycle messing around at the moment, two psychics have said I may have trouble conceiving.

daisymoo
February 23rd, 2014, 03:07 PM
Girls I saw 3 magpies today!! 3 for a girl! Think I'm clutching at straws now but it did make me smile! :)

Boysway
February 23rd, 2014, 03:15 PM
daisymoo, 3 magpies for a girl? Anything that makes you smile has to be good but, what do you mean?

daisymoo
February 23rd, 2014, 03:44 PM
it's an old old saying "one for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl and four for a boy"!!!

dreaminginblue
February 23rd, 2014, 05:05 PM
Dreamingblue---Did you eat chocolates at all? I have a hard time not wanting to eat all my valentines chocolates in one sitting! haha

Rosie, I did eat chocolate (and still do!) but gave up as soon as pregnant as the texture turned me green both times.
Oh and Rosie, I hope you're OK chick. I have had random spotting over the past week but have just had the Mirena Coil out so am putting it down to that.

Boysway: :welcome: was it the coil you had? How exciting that we'll be TTC around the same time, for a boy!!! I hope this is our time. GL :luck: for your sway :bluecheer:

Oh and I see a few of us are SAHM. Going to start looking into some sort of homework when DD2 goes to nursery, see if I can get something on the go before LO comes along.

Oh and I'll add you all to my friends list if OK. Looks a bit empty TBH x

Boysway
February 23rd, 2014, 05:47 PM
Rosie, how are you?

daisymoo, Ah, okay then :) Fingers crossed it's a good thing for you :D Personally, I have a phobia of Magpies (attacked a couple of times). But, if seeing 4 Magpies means I might get my boy then, I hope I see 4 :D ;)

dreaminginblue, Thank you for the welcome :) Mine was the hormonal Mirena. Fingers crossed we all get our bfp's and successful sways quickly D: Feel free to add me, I have no friends ;)

We could have had out attempt these past few days. Atomic suggests my first OPK's that looked + would have been a fake ovulation. Then, the +OPK's I had on CD 30 were the real thing. Bugger! I honestly haven't stuck very well with the diet lately. Plus. Dh went away Friday and didn't come home till Sunday morning and he was tired so, there would have been no chance anyway.

Rosie85
February 23rd, 2014, 08:35 PM
Hey ladies. Still cramping a bit with pain and periodic spotting. Still unsure what to make of it but I am letting it go and still testing for opks. Still no positive. I am wondering if I somehow could have missed it or if I am just not going to get one.

I am 8 weeks into the diet so far and have around 8 more to go so I decided to have a complete cheat day. I enjoyed a cheeseburger and fries as well as some ice cream! Oh yummmmy!

Tomorrow I start back to finish off the last 7-8 weeks before our first attempt. I will start exercising 5 days a week instead of 3-4 like I was. I am thinking M-F and having sat and sun off. I have been sick so if I am not better I will start the week after for exercise.

Wishing this all was over already, I am tired and just want to eat. I wouldn't be surprised if my bleeding had to do with the low protein and fat. Anything for a baby girl I keep telling myself. I am almost there--half way there. Here is to hoping I get pregnant first attempt. I will cry my eyes out if not! I did the other 3 times but this diet has done some crazy things to my cycle already so who knows!

Boysway
February 24th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Rosie, just make sure you're getting all the right nutrients xxx hopefully you get answers soon.

Me: I'm none the wiser as to whether I have ovulated. OPK's are fading so I guess LH levels must be going down. I'm on CD31 now. Wish I knew what is happening :(

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

marriedmomof2
February 24th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Hello ladies! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Rosie: The time will be here before you know it! That is so exciting!!!
Daisymoo: I had to google magpies never heard of them before. Interesting saying.
Boysway: When is your first attempt?
So I have a question ladies..... more of a what would you do...So I am going to have two cycles in May the 2nd and 3rd and the 30th and 31st. My finals are like May 15th I believe. I am not one to stress over tests but I don't want swaying and the tests to stress me out. But we are going on vacation at the beginning/middle of June and I won't be able to stick to the diet as much. Would you make your first attempt after the first May cycle or after the 2nd May cycle therefore making your first attempt in June. I have an idea on what I want to do. Just wondering what would you do. I would normally ask my friends but they don't know about any of this.

Rosie85
February 24th, 2014, 10:17 AM
I had to google magpies too! haha I have never heard of that saying, I like it though!

Boys-I am wondering if we both somehow just missed the prime time for testing for ovulation because my lines seem to be fading now too and I never saw a positive. I am going to get some digital tests and use them on the day where my tests look darkest I think because this guessing game is crazy annoying.

Married-I think you should do the first attempt! Atomic always says to not put things off or wait until the perfect time and especially if you are going to lack in your diet I would attempt before that happens!

hotdogz&boyz
February 24th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I'd do the first attempt around finals. I think it would less directly affect any sway (if at all). Being relaxed on vacation would be great, but if you can't stick to diet (who would want to!!), I'd go with the earlier attempt. I wouldn't push anything off either, your sway is strong and over the next two months, you'll be making it second nature, so I bet you won't be thinking much about it at finals time.

I am facing a similar decision though, so I know it tough to decide! We either try in late-June (but I don't really want a Feb baby, I deliver 3ish weeks early) or in late-July (after a trip in early-July where I absolutely won't do diet). I haven't decided yet. But I'll have to think about it soon enough.

daisymoo
February 24th, 2014, 04:19 PM
hi girls,
can't believe those ovulation tests are so hard to work with Why can't they make them a bit more user friendly. I haven't even started any test runs with them yet I was just going to use them for my attempt Looks like it'll be very confusing!
Rosie I love your cheat Go girl!! Hope you're feeling a bit better. I'm craving all sorts at the moment cause af is due Thursday Half of me is tempted to have an attempt in March (month earlier than planned) Be nearly ten weeks on diet, six on supplements. I'm 38 now so might be a few months at least trying (hopefully not!)

daisymoo
February 24th, 2014, 04:25 PM
marriedmom I would probably go with the first cycle in May as it's probably when you will be most strict in diet etc but you will have to try and not stress out too much about testing and maybe put it out of your mind until after your finals You don't need anymore stress!
hotdogz, why do you not want a Feb baby?

dreamingofpink14
February 24th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Hi girls, I'm also going on a trip May 11-21 and know for sure I won't stick to the diet. We are attempting in April but if that doesn't take, should we wait until June?

Rosie85
February 24th, 2014, 04:36 PM
hotdogz I would go for the feb baby! I would love one myself and I may end up with one too if I don't get first attempt.

I am feeling better today and I strongly suspect it was my cheat yesterday that did it! haha. I can't believe I am going to be on this diet a minimum of 16 weeks, praying my first attempt works!

Boysway
February 24th, 2014, 07:08 PM
I am thinking my true +OPK was CD 29. I used 2 OPK's today. You pretty much need to squint to see the OPK test line :) Let's hope I O for real this time.

hotdogz&boyz
February 24th, 2014, 11:07 PM
I dunno why I don't want a Feb baby. I'm just weird. Lol. I've been considering it though. I just tend to be a tad depressed both at the end of pregnancy and at the doldrums of winter, so that seems like a double whammy in February. But who knows, maybe expecting a baby will make it less painful instead of more? I guess if I plan to try in late June I DO fit in here ;) And I also better consider moving my dieting up. Maybe start in early April. I think I'll be okay with early-April through late-June for diet. It would be close to 2.5 months, I think. 10ish weeks sounds like plenty! I'm already trying to maintain slow weight loss, since even though I'm not on the LE diet, I figure steadily losing weight without moderate/weight bearing exercise has got to sway girl in some regard. I've been losing pretty steadily since October. And even before that if you count the weight I shed from carrying my daughter. So I'll prolly aim to continue that trend and then add diet for a bit of a boost toward those last months. Although I need to be on my meds before I start that side of things.

Oh...and just buy the digi OPKs. Kinda expensive (if you have a flex spending for health products, you can use the money in there for them), but SOOOOOO worth it in terms of ease of use. I hate the line ones. Too much squinting and judgement. Smiley means you are ovulating, empty circle means not. Easy peasy.

Boysway
February 25th, 2014, 01:03 AM
Yes, I will be investing in digital OPK's next pay day.

daisymoo
February 25th, 2014, 09:12 AM
dreamingofpink, it's hard to know exactly what to do with regards attempt dates. I do see a lot of girls get their girls when they have relaxed a bit towards the end of their sway but I suppose it doesn't always work that way does it. I think it probably depends mostly on how long you have been on le diet etc. So yes I think have your attempt in April and again in June.
Rosie glad you're feeling better. It's amazing what some good old fatty food can do! We should probably all do that more often.
boysway I'm with you definitely going to invest in digi opks!
Was calculating my dates and have decided that I will wait until April for first attempt. I think March is rushing it a bit. Only started diet more strictly since start of Feb, it was more loose in Jan. I so hope and pray that we all get our bfp at first go

marriedmomof2
February 25th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Thanks daisy and Rosie! I am going by target today after work, I think I am going to buy some opk's from there. So far on the diet I have given up breakfast, cereal, and red meat. I am drinking one crystal light/water in the morning after coffee. I think I am doing pretty well. No cereal for a few days is great for me. I will start my folic acid probably today after I go by Target, but I stopped taking my multi-vitamins a few weeks ago.
How well are you ladies doing?
Oh and I had dream last night that I got pregnant before I was full into sway mode and it was twin girls!! Praying that comes true, the twin girl part :wink: