PDA

View Full Version : Not a great day in Northern AZ

purplepoet20
June 9th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Massive Wildfire... not far from where I live is a wildfire. The worst part is that area had a wildfire a few months ago and then flooding the weeks after, a teen girl drowned. I fear what will happen with this fire and after since the summer storms are coming.

Having a hard time reaching my friends who are about to loose their homes or have already... praying for Robin, Jeneda, and Lisa.

Roonarpia
June 9th, 2011, 12:09 PM
OMG I am so sorry! Praying for you all.

DoulaMama
June 9th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Thinking of you and your friends, PP!! I'm so sorry!

fivebabies
June 9th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Stay safe of there! (I'm in the Phoenix area) I hope you get ahold of your friends soon!

purplepoet20
June 9th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Still no news... :(

purplepoet20
June 9th, 2011, 02:06 PM
ABOUT THE FIRES FROM THE NEWS....

Wally Fire claims 389 thousand acres or 607sq miles, currently no containment numbers meaning still out of control. U.S. Forest Service officials have confirmed that 11 structures have burned. Red flag warning has been issued for winds expected to gust up to 35 mph.

Doney Park Fire, Officials blamed the blaze on a cluster of intentionally set fires. 50 homes evacuated one-by-one by police people had 30minutes to grab what they could. So far only 1 home lost after a propane tank exploded. Officials blamed the blaze on a cluster of intentionally set fires, they arrested the person who set it just a little while ago.

Horseshoe Two fire in southeast Arizona has increased to 116,000 acres or 181 square miles. Wildfire containment has dropped to 40 percent. Fire crews had half of the wildfire contained Wednesday. Winds with erratic gusts exceeding 40 mph drove expansion of the fire to the west, north and east Wednesday. It crossed northern fire containment lines.

There may be more I don't know anymore the tv is no longer working and the internet news is not that great right now.

purplepoet20
June 9th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Friend Robin just emailed... family, pets, house ok. Didn't know another friend Sunny lives in the evac area and almost lost her house but was able to return just a little while ago.

The fire was 100ft from Sunny's front door. They were able to go back and save animals but are now leaving because the smoke is really bad around there house.

Sedona
June 10th, 2011, 04:18 AM
it's terrible this time of year. I'm in the valley--when there was a really bad on a few years ago, we went camping afterwards and it was so sad to see all the burnt trees. praying for your friend!

purplepoet20
June 10th, 2011, 02:49 PM
When fires start this early there will be more and that scares me.... Where do you live? Your profile name says Sedona.

So far I have heard from everyone, except one but I am hoping she went to visit family on the RES and that is why no one can reach her... the house that exploded was accross the street from one of them and she said it was empty because the people moved out last week.

My Fabulous Children
June 11th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Sooo sorry.

TTC5
June 11th, 2011, 03:07 AM
:(

zanacal
June 11th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Sounds horrific, stay safe x

Glittergirl
June 21st, 2011, 03:39 PM
Sorry to hear that! We have a cabin in Show Low near the Wallow fire and we have been keeping up with that. we were there that weekend it started and you could totally see the smoke from Show LOW!!!!

CajunChic
June 21st, 2011, 06:43 PM
So sorry.. : (

pastelpicnic
June 21st, 2011, 11:43 PM
:pray: Praying for everyone affected by the fires. I have experienced this same situation in So. Cal a few years back and its VERY sad and scary. :sad:

purplepoet20
June 23rd, 2011, 10:23 AM
I remember a lot of the fires in Cali (I lived there from 1981-1985 and 1990-2004). Ther has been some very scary ones and very tear filled ones... Ventura/Malibu (all the homes and plant life), The Big San Diego Fire (the people who passed I still cry), The Big Bear to Arrowhead one (the pets, homes, and trees), and so many that I watched from the roof of where ever we lived at the time in Temple City, Moreno Valley, and Apple Valley.

I lived in Big Bear Lake until 2004 and we were evac for a week with nothing but the clothing on our backs... We went to Orange County for a Dr visit and left the dogs inside. My teacher who lived a few houses down broke a side door down and took care of our 4 birds, two cats, two dogs (one preg) for 11 days. Lucky for us the fire was stopped and 3 miles from our home because the wind was blowing against it so the smoke stayed away.... My teacher recieved an award because we asked a radio station the say that someone was there taking care of animals left behind. He received about 30 calls (even at night) and he went to these peoples homes and fed the animals. Looking back on this I would have only missed my cats but that is because I had only had my bird for a few weeks and my cats were my feet warmers. I miss my Callie and Catie now.

Bambina
June 23rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
So sorry for you and your friends. We had really bad fires a few years ago that killed 200 people and burnt entire towns down. As long as people are safe, the rest can be rebuilt. Stay safe!

mis2ninos
June 23rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
I also live in AZ, but farther south in Tucson. The images and stories are so sad. We are praying for everyone up there! xx