PDA

View Full Version : My desire for a son

Bumblebee
June 9th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Hi All, hope you're all well I just wanted to use the space to write out my desire for a son. I already have two daughters aged 1 and 2 who are my everything but recently I can't help but wonder what it would be like to have a son. My own parents family is quite balanced but my husbands side has a lot more girls and very few boys maximum if any 1 boy per family. At first I used to be very anxious about having boys as I often saw other familys boys and how complicated their behaviour can be especially when they become teenagers plus my own brothers are such a handful. It really put me off but then I guess I realise at the end of the day its down to parenting and what guidance and things I will teach my children that determine what kind of people they will be.

When I was pregnant with my first and second people kept guessing and predicting I was going to have boys but I ended up having girls. I'm from an asian background and having a boy or heir in our culture is seen an a great achievement. But the thing is that's not important to me all I want is a son that I can love just like my daughters. I even have a name for him lol.

My husband and I have decided to go for a third child and I discussed the options of trying to naturally sway for a boy and he's being very supportive in fact he also believes it something to do with "timing" I guess there are a lot of things that I have to overcome right now over the next few months like the possibility of GD. Plus the inevitable comments and guesses once I become pregnant. Most of all its the pressure I really dread, the invisible silent expectation, the anticipation. I'm looking to TTC in October and November. Hopefully in the mean time I can do my research change my diet and try anything I can to sway for a baby son :DS: I'm dreaming of. Thanks for listening.

fivebabies
June 9th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Welcome! I LOVE boys! I kinda favor them actually even though I'm swaying pink. I wouldn't send one back for anything.

They can get wild but it's really a lot of fun.

Good luck with your sway! FX for you to get your boy! You're not alone...we're all here for the same reason. ;)

TTC5
June 9th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Good Luck with your sway!!

Queen-o-Queens
June 11th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I totally understand your desire, my DH is the only boy out of 3, but my sister in laws both have a PP so I foolishly assumed we would too lol, but my DHs aunts have mostly boys

TexasMommy
June 14th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have 2 daughters as well....they are 1 & 3. Im currently 13weeks6days pregnant with Baby #3, & we should be finding out the gender sometime next month...we are REALLY wanting a boy. This will be our last baby whether its a boy or a girl. In my husbands family he is 1 of 5 siblings, there are 8 grandchildren & our baby will make #9, there hasnt been a grandson born since 2005 & the last 4 babies born have been girls (2 of them being mine) so his family is REALLY wanting a boy too. My MIL already talks about the baby like its a boy. Shes already bought things for a little boy. Which really worries me... if its a girl Ill be bummed because Ill never have a son, but Ill still be excited about the baby. Good luck to you & your hubby, I hope the 2 of you get your little boy!!

Bumblebee
June 16th, 2011, 06:52 PM
thanks for all the kind words and OMG texasmommy your situation is just like mine! in my husbands family the last grandson born was in the year 2000, we're the youngest couple in his family so everyone else has had their kids and we're the last ones. Good luck with your scan I wish your dreams come true and you get your son:DS:. Do let us all know of the result!

Myloves
June 19th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Bumblebee, I hope you get your son soon! :pray: