PDA

View Full Version : I really wanted another boy...

tcrofford
January 3rd, 2014, 05:00 PM
I'm having a hard time lately because this is my last baby (I have a 10 month old son and we've always wanted two kids). From day one everyone was saying this is going to be a girl, partially because most people know I never had an urge for a girl and always wanted two boys, and also because my husband's family is all boy-girl-boy-girl. It got to the point where part of me wanted this baby to be a boy even more so just to piss everyone off who was making stupid comments! I've always had a complex about having a girl and at my 15 week elective ultrasound the tech said it's a girl, but for some reason I'm still not willing to believe it. I know if it is indeed a girl I can't change it but I also can't shake the feeling that it's a boy. I guess I'll only believe it for sure when the baby is born! It's nice to be able to talk about this stuff here without feeling guilty.

Here's a link to my ultrasound video and it's short: 15 week ultrasound - YouTube (http://youtu.be/qS_Tjfsl9u8)

Here's a still from the video:

mommymachine
January 5th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Im not sure of all your reasons why you wanted another baby boy, but I do want to say that the bond between brother and sister can be pretty special too! My Ds3 plays with my DD1 more than he plays with his two older brothers. He is closest in age to her and they love each other very much. My DD1 bawled when DS3 went for his first sleepover at grammas house the other day. I think you will enjoy having a little boy and a little girl. Just remember this is YOUR family, no need to be concerned by what others think you *should* have.