PDA

View Full Version : SEX BEFORE ET/FET

4BOYS
January 6th, 2014, 05:06 PM
I have read several studies stating that sex in the days leading up to ET/FET is recomended to help with implantation and that several Drs recomend it also ,i read because the sperm has something in it that signals the body and prepares the lining to accept an Embryo and orgasms are good for the lining also
Do you know of this ?
Thanks

nuthinbutpink
January 6th, 2014, 05:20 PM
You can try it but no way on a fresh cycle.

myangel2014
January 6th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Interesting I wonder....Are you sure you cant poss get prego though?

nuthinbutpink
January 6th, 2014, 05:58 PM
For a FET if you have already been to your monitoring appointment and you're talking right before transfer, you'd see no egg about to ovulate and it would be safe. ONLY after you've had the monitoring appointment. People ovulate through suppression Meds often.

For fresh there's no way I would risk it.

4BOYS
January 6th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Yeah i thought during Fresh would be mega risky too

glory
January 6th, 2014, 06:50 PM
lol I wouldn't do it, I know someone who did and I physically cringed at the thought of getting pregnant naturally when doing all this!! I know technically with a medicated FET there is no way if all your testing is good, but you just never know.

Almost Complete
January 6th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Forget the sperm but go for the orgasm. Sorry DH, it's all part of the process ;)

kpmum
January 6th, 2014, 09:28 PM
I think they recommend this for infertility patients. I didn't chance it. If your doing IVF for fertility issues u would welcome a child naturally however we r doing it for GS. Also there is a risk of multiples- I read a couple had sex before IVF and got twins- one natural conception and one IVF!!!

4BOYS
January 6th, 2014, 10:15 PM
OMG i didnt think there was a chance of pregnancy with a medicated FET , well im to scared to try it now LOL

Wishingforpink
January 7th, 2014, 01:25 AM
I have read several studies stating that sex in the days leading up to ET/FET is recomended to help with implantation and that several Drs recomend it also ,i read because the sperm has something in it that signals the body and prepares the lining to accept an Embryo and orgasms are good for the lining also
Do you know of this ?
Thanks

Bring on any advice 4boys for FET!
Counting the days yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

wantingonemore
January 7th, 2014, 02:21 AM
i know someone who had twins because of this - one conceived naturally and one implanted from IVF.... a boy and a girl - she was thrilled!!!

I think they recommend this for infertility patients. I didn't chance it. If your doing IVF for fertility issues u would welcome a child naturally however we r doing it for GS. Also there is a risk of multiples- I read a couple had sex before IVF and got twins- one natural conception and one IVF!!!

4BOYS
January 7th, 2014, 02:57 AM
If i was to do it , mabey the day i fly out so ive had my ultrasound and know for sure there are no eggs waiting to pop out !!

4BOYS
January 7th, 2014, 03:26 AM
Bring on any advice 4boys for FET!
Counting the days yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Yep 32 and counting :bigsmile: