PDA

View Full Version : Period after ovulation question

jillibeeen
January 7th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Hi everyone. Is AF supposed to arrive exactly 14 days after you ovulate? I know you can ovulate on different days, but no matter what day you ovulate, will your period ALWAYS be 14 days later? I ovulated on CD17 according to my temps and opk strips. So DH and i DTD CD16, 17 & 18 TWICE each day. The 2ww was long and grueling, but alas AF showed up 13 dpo in the morning. Which brings me back to my original question? If AF came on 13dpo instead of 14 dpo, does that mean that my ovulation was really a day earlier than I thought it was? Please advise! Hoping for a sticky blue bean!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2014, 10:14 AM
No. That's your leutal phase. It can vary based on your cycle length. Not everyone has a 28-day cycle.

Sometimes, your leutal phase can be too short which may be an issue but 13 days is just fine. No worries there.

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Not necessarily, your LP can be a little shorter. 13 day LP is still totally normal. There's honestly no real way short of having an ultrasound, to pin it down any more than that. I think that 3-5 attempts around pos OPK is a great way to get a boy and sending you tons of blue dust.