PDA

View Full Version : Need a " J" girl name

GT77
January 7th, 2014, 02:08 PM
My husband and I need a girl " J" name and we wanted something modern. The choices for girls with a "J" their aren't many. WE do not think that my husband dad is going to agree to us not naming the first name without a J. My son name is after my dad's dad. So, its only fair. the only name we both agree on but we can't get over that it is also a boys name is Jordyn. It's growing on us. Do you guys have any suggestions? I was thinking of a very girly middle name too!

Almost Complete
January 7th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Jocelyn

Jany1025
January 7th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I always thought I would have a ton of girl names that is until I actually became pregnant with one!!

J names-- Jenna, Jessica, Jennifer and Julianna....

I like names with only one way to spell the name!! That was a huge requirement for me.. I have a last name that all my life had to spell it out and I find that so annoying!! LOL!!

TRL
January 7th, 2014, 02:58 PM
I like Jade, or Jaye.

bunnywabbit
January 7th, 2014, 03:04 PM
How about something like Jasmyn, Jessica, Jodie or Juliana?

GT77
January 7th, 2014, 03:47 PM
thanks guys! I like the jade too, but my dh isn't down with it. My name starts with a J too, but I just want a "now" name that i love not a jessica or jodie nothing wrong with the names i just want a 2014 cool name!! oh, so these are the only names I like. Jordyn, Juliet, & Jade. I wish i like jayden or jillian, i can make this easy decision but its just to hard!

Jany1025
January 7th, 2014, 03:55 PM
My name starts with a J also, I'm not crazy about it, plain name but I actually used it as my DD middle name as I thought Samantha Rose had a nice touch but DH didn't want Rose so I said why not my name after all I put my body through to get her lol! What does your hubby think about your top 3 choices!?

Petal
January 7th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Jaida, Joley, Jayla...

GT77
January 7th, 2014, 04:30 PM
He only likes Jordyn. But, we are both trying to get over the boy part of jordyn. I like the way i spell it more then the way it sounds. Just not my top choice. but if i can put a very girly name i guess to it it could work. Jordyn rose jorydn alexa, but i would have to really think and see what i love.
Jordyn Taylor def is too long. So, its hard!! i will ask my dh about these names too! J names are hard!

sallygal
January 7th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Jordana?

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2014, 04:40 PM
She will spend her entire life correcting people's spelling of that name. Nobody will spell it correctly. I had a last name like tgat. I stopped saying it aloud and would just spell it instead. Drove me nuts.

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I think Josie, Joelle, Jolene, Jemima are very "now" J names. I also think Jewel is poised to take off due to the resurgence of Ruby. Jordyn ~to me~ feels a little bit last week and I also do think it has a boy vibe. But above all else I think you should pick a name that YOU really like!!

weeziewoozles
January 7th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I like Juliet but love the French spelling Juliette. I've know quite a few J's: Jenny, Jemma, Jemima, Jacqueline, Jackie, Janet, Jeanette. Think that's it!

maria02
January 7th, 2014, 07:00 PM
I love Juanita, I've come across it in a few babies recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

maria02
January 7th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Jemima too I've had 2 friends in the past few years use that.

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2014, 07:13 PM
I like Juliette too. Jane and Jocelyn I think are pretty and very current.

Jany1025
January 7th, 2014, 07:14 PM
She will spend her entire life correcting people's spelling of that name. Nobody will spell it correctly. I had a last name like tgat. I stopped saying it aloud and would just spell it instead. Drove me nuts.

Exactly!! My last name ( I never legally changed my name to hubby's) is like this I automatically just start spelling it, and this was a MUST for me when picking out my baby's name! I know it sounds odd, but when you have to do this EVERY time for your name its quite annoying! One of my top choices for a names was Sarah but then would I have to always say Sarah WITH AN H??? I asked a Sarah mom this question and she said YES, people always wanted to spell it SARA!
My Boys are Andrew (DH name) and Ryan and now DD is Samantha and no one has yet asked me how to spell her name LOL! And like I stated earlier its Samantha Janet -- Janet after myself doesn't really mesh that great BUT DH and I could not agree and he wanted Janet anyway and like I said in an earlier post all that I put my body through she should carry my name lol!

Also is it really a MUST to have a J name? I mean is there something else you REALLY love but don't want to piss "family"off??

Rainbow baby
January 7th, 2014, 08:50 PM
I like Janna and Jade and Jaida and Jaiden as well :)

CherryBlossom
January 7th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Jayda or jordyn

sallygal
January 8th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Oh yes didn't think of Jemima. Love that!

snipsnsnails
January 8th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Maybe Jillian or Juliette? You have a lot of good choices. I thought this would be so easy and harder than I thought!

sallygal
January 8th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Jasinta or Jacinta

hotdogz&boyz
January 8th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Julia has always been one of my favorites. Josephine (or Josie) seems to be pushing for "old classic" that is coming back. Jillian is popping up places too. I think Jenna, June, or Jada are all cute. I've always thought Jael (Ya-el) was beautiful as well. Johanna is rather underused. It is one of the harder girl letters to pick :) But I'm sure you guys will come up with something you love (my daughters name starts with J too!)

christinelab
January 8th, 2014, 11:08 PM
If my pink sway is successful ;) it will be Juliette!!! I like Jade too. :)

GT77
January 8th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Thanks looks like it will be Jordyn we can't agree on anything else and the name Is growing on me!!

odd
January 9th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Jaya or jovan..

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

The Anchor
January 9th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Josie, Jayda...both were on my list!

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I love Juanita, I've come across it in a few babies recently.

I do too! That one is gonna come back in a big way!

IcewindBlueeyes
January 13th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Jasmine, Jessica, Jazelle, Jamey, Janice, jerelle.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Rosie85
January 13th, 2014, 05:04 PM
The J names I like are Josie, Julia and Jane.

Hoping4Kaylani
January 16th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Jayden, with the nickname Jayde? Others I like: Joselyn, Jenna, Jeannie, and your pick of Jordyn.

kaykid
February 14th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Xute!!