TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Unknown
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
2 boys
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
Yes
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
Was on LE diet for about 6-7 months before I got bfp, strict vegetarian, no breakfast, 2-3 meals a day, sometimes 4 but not usually. Didn't do low sodium as it is very difficult and Atomic doesn't think it sways that much anyway. Ate lots of corn tortilla wraps with fried mushrooms, Swiss, hummus, grape tomatoes and basil, kd bowls, Rice Krispie squares, white bagels, white cheddar crackers, rice crackers, cinnamon bagels with vanilla frosting, strawberries with frosting, white toast with chocolate cream cheese, white toast with jam, gum with aspartame, Perrier water, couldn't do crystal light, gives me a bad headache.
I was tracking everything on my fitness pal for the first couple of months.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
6-7 months. I usually get pregnant very quickly, so when it started to take a bit longer, I was nervous that my diet may be hindering it, so I eased up the last 6 weeks or so, incorporating some of my usual foods like lentils, avocado, but still vegetarian except for a few random meals, I think I had a big steak dinner right at OV time-good one lol
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
Yes
Comments regarding DH's diet-
Poor thing, he switched to chocolate soy milk, ate way less red meat, less chicken, more aspartame, 2 peppermint teas a day with 2 bags, and lots of Perrier which he loves anyway.
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I drink caffeine regularly
Any Diet Details?
I usually drink 2 teas a day, so I switched to one coffee with skim milk a day just to change things up a bit
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
I found the diet a little challenging as I am used to eating quite a bit. I was nursing also prob every 4 hours day and night, so I felt I had low energy but I stuck to it
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
I started out still having baby weight from ds2 so I was around 149lbs in may, then when I got bfp I was 114lbs. I'm 5 feet 6.5" so I think my bmi was pretty low, 18.3 maybe? I was nervous that my low weight was causing me not to ovulate, I was going to ask my Dr. For clomid but then I got bfp.
I'm usually pretty slim anyway, but this was getting ridiculous, nothing fit me, and for sure people thought I had mental issues, just was so frail looking, lost a lot of muscle, I'm usually pretty muscular, so that was a big change also.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
I did the cardio thing! It was sooo hard for me. Usually I just weight train and stretch while my husband does cardio, I try and avoid it if I can, I love walking but I have a hard time going on the treadmill, I just find it so monotonous. So, I did fast walking with some slight jogging, prob 5-6 days a week for the most part. Towards the end though I was really getting burnt out, and I think it was preventing bfp so the last month I really didn't do much at all, maybe once or twice a week, I even took 2 weeks off I think, so prob not good!
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
No idea
Any VG potions used? NO

CM pH at attempt
No idea
DH pH
No idea
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation No idea

Any additional comments?
I have no idea when I OV and no luck with the opks, so in the beginning we were having one attempt, but towards the end I decided to add more, so we bd on cd 8, 11, and 15. I have 25 day cycles. So because the attempts were spaced out, I'm hoping that there were only one or two actual attempts in my fertile window. I just could not possibly do one more minute on that treadmill so I was getting desperate. I needed to stop losing weight also.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers BD every few days

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? No

Any relevant attempt details?
Layed with hips on pillow for 5 min after attempts
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Chitosan
folic acid

DH Supplements
-
Any additional supplement info?
Dh tried calcium and mag but he had weird Side effects, he got extremely tired, so we stopped that. He then started taking olive leaf extract as Atomic suggested. We were doing the antihistamine but stopped that, we just wanted bfp cuz the diet and exercise was killing me and I was losing too much weight.
Did you do anything with Ions?
Used lavender body wash and chap stick
Moon Phase during conception?
New Moon
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
No
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
All that crazy cardio, muscle loss, diet, took four months for bfp
No breakfast for most of the time
Lowest adult weight for sure, usually weigh 125ish
Lost 35 lbs
Bf ds2 at night, so less sleep, ds1 slept through the night from very early on, no bf at night with ds1, so that was different
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
Relaxing towards the end with the diet and cardio, just by coincidence I stopped bf ds2 the night before out bfp attempt, although I was exclusively bf ds1 when I got pg with ds2, so who knows..
Eating steak prob on o day
Started eating breakfast a few times a week
Things worth mentioning:
Overall, we are just happy to have had the bfp, it would be nice to have a girl but if its a boy that's how it was meant to be and we will be thrilled either way.
I must add a sincere thank you to Atomic for answering all of my incessant questions! I feel like I really had a lot of support from her and it is just amazing how much time and effort she puts in to helping all of us, there is no way I could have swayed with out all of her help, so thank you!

lovemy2blessings
January 8th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Great sway sounds very much like my life. Congrats on your bfp! Can't wait to hear updates. ;)

nuthinbutpink
January 8th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Congrats and good luck!!!!

Rinny101
January 9th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Congratulations! What a great effort... I am sure you will hear pink :)

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2014, 08:44 PM
good luck babyxx!!

Babyxx
January 9th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Thanks everyone!

I forgot to mention, the cardio was always for exactly one hour, and not one second more haha!

Linzshine32
January 16th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Can't wait to hear what you get! Good luck!