PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where this goes but if you love statistics come on in lol

GreaseMonkey
January 10th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Ok so, my mom has 3 daughters, including me. I have 2 boys and pregnant with #3 and I am due at the end of August. Sister# 2 has 1 girl and is due in April with a boy. Sister #3 is due in May with her 1st child and is also having a boy. So what are the chances that all 3 of us will have a boy? It seems to me that this year is a heavily boy year, pretty much 9/10 people I know are having a boy lol

Thoughts?

P.S I have a friend who said that there is no way all 3 of us would be having a boy, the statistics don't indicate that and I want to see what her logic is without questioning it yk?

Rainbow baby
January 10th, 2014, 06:15 AM
I dunno... My Mother was pregnant with my sister at the same time as her 3 sisters and my fathers 2 sisters...thats 6 babies and out of them 6 babies 100% are girls who are now all in their 31st year...Lots of partys last year lol I think you have the same chance of a boy regardless of whether or not your sisters have one!

GreaseMonkey
January 10th, 2014, 06:30 AM
That's what I think too rainbow lol I'm pretty sure I am having a boy too :P

Rainbow baby
January 10th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Did you sway, there is still a good chance you will have a girl as well...but in any event how nice that they will all have a playmate close in age!! I was so jealous of my sister as we are quite a bit apart and no cousins my age lol

GreaseMonkey
January 10th, 2014, 06:38 AM
I didn't get a chance. Long story short, mirena fell out, got a BFP, then I started cramping and bleeding, thought I had a miscarriage and then I go tot he Dr a week and a half later and baby is alive and well! Was 8 weeks 6 days this past Monday and heard the heartbeat and all!!!!! Mind you, I had purchased a personalized plan from Atomic the night before!! So yeah, I think this little one is a boy, it can't be a girl with everything I went through!

GreaseMonkey
January 10th, 2014, 06:38 AM
No playdates with them, I am in Africa and they are in Cyprus lol

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2014, 11:35 AM
There are no such thing as boy years or girl years, if there were they would be totally investigated by science. I know tons of people having girls this year :)

When it comes to gender, it's not a coin flip and so the odds really don't work that way. Sometimes 3 people will have the same gender, sometimes not.

GreaseMonkey
January 10th, 2014, 11:42 AM
I am so convinced I am having a boy, I think my defenses go way up when people try to say that just because my symptoms and pregnancy this time around, combined with the fact that I have lost weight, been stressed, just got off the mirena, oops baby and all that stuff is because I am having a girl!! Because we ALL know that stuff like that doesn't matter but it's starting to get to me and I don't like it one bit lol

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I know that is super annoying, isn't it?? (sorry I know I did say some of that!! :p) But I think it's because people love you so and really really want you to get a girl. :)

snipsnsnails
January 10th, 2014, 12:12 PM
I also agree I know tons of people having girls this year. Its so weird because when I was having my boys I only knew of people having boys. There seems to be a girl boom here:)

GreaseMonkey
January 10th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Atomic, you have said those but you don't tell me that every day!!!!!! THAT is what annoys me!!

SAS, if I am having a girl, I will be over the moon and throw a hugeeee party!!! But I am trying to be realistic and embrace the fact that more likely it will be a boy so that I can avoid the extreme GD yk? Not that's a guaranteed that I won't have it bad but still! I am so happy for you btw :)

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2014, 12:28 PM
I think it's smart to go in prepared for the "worst" (having a healthy baby is of course never the "worst") it's much better than setting yourself up for a disappointment. I was so sure my DS 3 was a girl, I had set myself up for major disappointment!!!

GreaseMonkey
January 10th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Oh absolutely, I agree!!! I was also prepared with DS# 2 and it hit me really hard when the scan revealed he was a he but I am hoping this time around since I "thought" I had miscarried and I didn't, that I will be happy he is healthy!! Hoping to get a good nub shot at my NT appointment in London :)

dreaminginblue
February 18th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Snipsnsnails both years I had girls, I think there was 1 boy born out of the group so it seems to run in trends and I've got comments such as 'you've missed your window there' re last year as at least 7 of the 10 pregnancies I knew of ended in a boy and a few of those were 2nd born. Gets me so annoyed when people regard DD2 as a consolation prize. I have spoke to a few of last years mummies (boy and girl) about diet and (though I didn't ask) position and from reading on here it collaborates with the end gender.
I think sensibly everyone should mentally prepare themselves to hear it may not be their desired gender but that doesn't mean by listening to anyone else's opinion.