PDA

View Full Version : For Carole

Petal
January 10th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Hi Carole,

Im just after your opinion on these 2 lots of embryo's that resulted in a BFN's please.
These for from my first and 2nd cycles and i'm considering a 3rd but need to know how good or bad these transferred embryo's look to you. Would it be worth changing my protocol to get better results?
Thanks so much

Petal x

Carole
January 10th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Hi Petal,
All 5 of these embryos reached blastocyst stage which is a very good thing. They wouldn't receive the highest quality score at this time point because they could have more cells and the space inside could be bigger. In spite of these issues, we have often seen embryos that look like this produce pregnancies.

So why didn't you get pregnant? First, appearance is only a very rough predictor of pregnancy success. Great looking embryos can have genetic or metabolic issues that prevent pregnancy. Poor looking embryos can and do produce pregnancies. If you are over 35, you are more likely to produce embryos with an abnormal number of chromosomes ( a condition called aneuploidy) which certainly can be one reason for not becoming pregnant. DNA problems in the embryo can arise from the sperm too.

The bottom line is that the appearance of your embryos certainly are within the range of appearance that produce pregnancies. There may be other factors at work that we can't diagnose from a still picture. I wish I could be more help. I wish you Much Good Luck going forward.
Carole

So the short answer is, I can't tell whether a new stim protocol might help.

Hi Carole,

Im just after your opinion on these 2 lots of embryo's that resulted in a BFN's please.
These for from my first and 2nd cycles and i'm considering a 3rd but need to know how good or bad these transferred embryo's look to you. Would it be worth changing my protocol to get better results?
Thanks so much

Petal x

Petal
January 11th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Thank you for taking the time to reply Carole,

Im 33 an was 32 when I previously cycled.

Good to know that they have some hope, maybe with me on a strict low carb diet, dh given up smoking and on cyvita this time and with a change in protocol might just do the trick!!

Thanks again x x

pinckybaby
February 2nd, 2014, 01:26 PM
hi petal how are you...are you planning on cycling with savvas again? sorry to post here..but couldnt find out how else to contact you.