PDA

View Full Version : DH Supplements

Rosie85
January 12th, 2014, 12:46 PM
My Dh is looking to start his supplements. He wants to try the licorice root. I also told him about the olive leaf. Is it okay for him to take both? What about cranberry with them? Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Licorice root is fine for any guy under 35 in ok health and even up to 40 for guys in good health and without any family history of high blood pressure, heart disease, and who doesn't smoke. Over 40 or in bad health/overweight/smokes/family history of heart disease, have him use peppermint tea instead.

Olive leaf is in lieu of the cranberry. They do the same thing and should not be used together because they're both powerful blood thinners.

I would also consider adding in soy milk 12-48 oz a day for him.

Rosie85
January 13th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Thank you!

Dh looked up side effects and noticed the olive leaf can lower blood pressure. He was suddenly unsure he wanted to take something that raises blood pressure and something that lowers it at the same time. Is this okay??

What is the soy for again??

dreamingofwin
January 13th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Is 1 tablet of LR enough? It hurts hubbys teeth to have more than this!!

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Well, the unfortunate truth is that I can't totally say what is ok and what isn't simply because none of these things are studied. :) I wish I had more data to go off of to be able to answer these things. If you ahve a choice to make, thus far the OLE has gotten higher % results (100% of 6 peopel or some tiny number like that) but the LR has way MORE results and still pretty darn high (75% of quite a few people)

Soy raises estrogen and lowers testosterone, similar to what the LR does but acts in a different way.

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Is 1 tablet of LR enough? It hurts hubbys teeth to have more than this!!

1 is better than none, but if there is a way to have him take more, that may be more effective

Rosie85
January 13th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Thanks Atomic :-)

greeneyes
January 15th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I wonder if I can somehow get DH to willingly take the olive leaf extract without knowing its for sway purposes... Maybe I can sell him it on the other benefits it has, lol. Like blood pressure, etc. ;)

atomic sagebrush
January 15th, 2014, 10:52 AM
It does seem to be very healthy - also lowers cholesterol