PDA

View Full Version : Not sure this goes here

GreaseMonkey
January 13th, 2014, 04:12 PM
But I am struggling emotionally today :( I swear all my friends are swearing up and down I am having a girl. My DH's cousin has posted girly stuff for me to buy for the baby and I specifically told her not to put girly things....What's the first thing she does??? She puts pink all over...I told her to help me out and told her not to put girly things but she seems convinced it's a girl. I am feeling the stress of finding out the gender now that my 12 week NT is closing in and I don't want to disappoint everyone who hopes and prays and thinks this is a girl!! It's just been too much today, and my DS#2 has been acting up so it makes things 10time worse :(

This is exactly why I didn't want to get pregnant, this is exactly why at the end of this year I was going to get my tubes tied! I didn't want to have a baby unless it was a girl! Now, I am pretty sure it's another boy despite some of the things in my other pregnancies are much different! I am in Africa, I don't really have any friends who I can talk about this and my FB friends have their own lives to live and I don't want to burden them with this :(

Ugh, I hate feeling this way

DreamInBlue
January 13th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Sorry you are going through this - the waiting is bad enough, without everyone else's two cents. :(

I know how you feel... we didn't tell anyone about our elective ultrasound at 16 weeks when we found out it was another girl. Everyone was so insistent that we were having a boy this time and it made it worse knowing for sure that it wasn't.

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2014, 08:18 PM
It's hard to put up with all the comments. I think good things come in three's and whether it is a boy or girl, it's still going to be good.

I hope it is a girl but I hope everything is healthy and good looking at your NT scan!

Adia
January 13th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I think one of the only ways to stop the insanity is find something else do to. If you can gently tell people that you don't really want to stew over the gender it may help. Especially right now when finding out is far enough away to make you crazy if you keep obsessing over it.

Rehashing the same info over and over again leads to extremes and GD is bad enough, we don't need any more extremes.

Of course, I am praying you get your girl, but if you don't I think you are very blessed to have another boy. I would love a boy!

Hang in there...soon enough you will know the gender and you can move on from this stage of uncertainty.

GreaseMonkey
January 14th, 2014, 11:57 AM
That's the thing, no one has said anything yet! But I know most of them are hoping this is my girl because they think I deserve it more than others for some reason (which I don't think it's true).

I was hoping after thinking I had lost the baby that I would be happy this baby is healthy and alive but I was wrong :( I had talked to my MIL about it and she has been very supportive..Surprisingly much more so than my own family who thinks it's ridiculous to have a preference :/

I am at the point of obsessing when I really wasn't this way in he beginning. It doesn't help that I have to fly to London all by myself for the NT scan, will have no one to help me out so I will need to navigate the city and the airports and get to my destination safely...I'm just stressed and it's not a good time for me to be having GD flare ups :/

Thanks for listening girls :HH: