PDA

View Full Version : And the comments start...

DreamInBlue
January 13th, 2014, 05:51 PM
So we had our 20 week scan today, which confirmed girl. We also found out the echogenic bowel they had found at the last ultrasound has resolved itself - which takes a huge weight off!

We hadn't told anyone of our private scan 4 weeks ago, so we "announced" the gender today. I am still feeling a bit of GD, but I really am excited about another little girl. Part of me is sad just because I know DH doesn't want any more kids, so there is no possibility of a boy in my future.

BUT, I am already sick of the comments I'm receiving from people once they find out it's another girl. From my side of the family, there are 3 girls (this will make 4) and 1 boy as cousins. Now I am getting comments "You have to have another one now so __ isn't the only boy." Are you kidding me? I am not having kids just so my nephew isn't the only boy. Not only that, it makes me feel like my little girl is not a welcome part of the family simply because she is "another girl."

It makes me so mad. I really might go off on someone if it gets too bad... I can always blame the pregnancy hormones.

Even friends/neighbors are saying things like "Oh (DH) is way outnumbered now, you better have another so he can have a boy." I know that is getting to him too - he really wanted a boy. Why do people think it's OK to say things like that?

Any advice on how I can reply?

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2014, 06:19 PM
DD2 was very hard for me when I found out. Knowing what I know now, years into raising them, it's the best gift I could have or ever will give them. Sisters for life. Friends will come and go but they will always have one another.

I understand your disappointment and can empathisize with it but it's a great thing. It's fortunate that she looks to be healthy. Really lucky.

We will never find our happiness if we look for it in other people's opinions or comments about our lives. Our happiness is up to each of us alone.

Adia
January 13th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Oh the fun of telling people you are having 'another girl'. It brings out some of people's worst traits somehow...

My best idea right now is when someone says one of the lovely 'another girl' comments look as bewildered as you possibly can and say, "What's wrong with girls?" Should make them feel as dumb as they are acting at the moment.

And seriously consider NOT telling the random people out in public who feel the need to make the WORST comments possible. Just lie and say "we aren't finding out this time..." I wish I had done that with DD3 the comments were unreal!

For now, that's all I've got. GOod luck, sisters are sweet and you will never regret her once you see her with her big sissy.

atomic sagebrush
January 14th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Not sure if this helps or not but there are so many women on this site who think you have the perfect family!! For every one who has a negative thing to say, there are 5 others who are dying of jealousy! ;)

So happy that baby is healthy and doing well. :heart:

DreamInBlue
January 14th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Thanks, you all made me feel better. :) I am sooo glad and relieved that the baby is healthy - it has taken a huge weight off of my shoulders! I'm really starting to get excited now and have started trying to think of girl names.

I was in a bad mood yesterday, after telling people, because of some of their reactions. But I am going to try really hard to not let others bring me down. I really do feel like this little girl was meant to be in our lives. <3

carameline
January 14th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Ah I think two little girls is adorable. I am one of the jealous ones! Don't listen to others, its all twaddle! I can't understand why some can't just say something nice. Congrats on your new addition to your family xxx

mandie*wantsaboy*
January 14th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Congratulations, in glad your little girl is healthy and everything is ok now. People say nasty things to try and bring you down but it's just a reflection of themselves and they are obviously jealous, I know it's hard but just try to ignore them. I have 2 little girls and they are both such cuties. Your dh will learn to enjoy gettin his nails painted lol, mine does, and playing with dolls lol. You have lots to look forward to :) x

Funkyfry
January 14th, 2014, 05:34 PM
People really just don't think before they open their mouths!

Two little girls is just lovely. Don't mind people trying to bring you down x

lisvna
January 19th, 2014, 06:33 PM
DD2 was very hard for me when I found out. Knowing what I know now, years into raising them, it's the best gift I could have or ever will give them. Sisters for life. Friends will come and go but they will always have one another.

I have two boys (one natural and one ht) and it was the best gift ever to my eldest son; a brother. It was defenetly the right choice for us to transfer the boys too (initially we went for a girl). It was a gut feeling we had to do this and now we see the positive outcome. It was the best decision ever!

I'm sure it's the best gift ever to your daughter too no matter what other people say!

zebaniee
January 19th, 2014, 10:49 PM
When I found out that my second child was another girl, it felt like I was punched in the gut. Now she is here, they are best mates. I wouldn't change it for the world.

I tried swaying for a boy when we conceived our third child but unfortunately it was not meant to be. My newest daughter is here and the other two absolutely dote on her. I am sure they will all be best friends when they are older :)

SpicyTunaSushi
January 26th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I have 2 DDs and swayed for DD2. DD1 was totally an unintended girl sway. :) I think in my experience is to look surprised that someone would even question the awesomeness of two girls! I always say I am SO happy they are SISTERS! Honestly, most of us that had our first two of the same gender are thankful for the brother/sister bond. They play SO much together and are awesome. I know this can be done with a boy girl pair, but in my experience, it has been great. You won't regret it one moment! The GD will fade.