PDA

View Full Version : Spinning

Tomgirl
January 16th, 2014, 01:57 AM
Ha ok now I just feel like it's one thing after another. Today I had only had 4 chocolate chip cookies by 2pm and was getting ready to make lunch when I could barely even stand, my world started spinning so badly. I ate a hard boiled egg and a bowl of brown rice/quinoa pasta and waited for the spinning to stop only it didn't. The only thing that finally made it back off was going to sleep. No diabetes is not in the family and I'm at no risk of it. Just wondering can a deficiency in anything cause this? I'm used to getting a little dizzy when my blood sugar level gets low but this was more like vertigo. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Trishy74
January 16th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Definitely sounds like vertigo to me. I had a really bad case in March. Woke up and the entire room was spinning and it lasted for a few days. I definitely was not on this diet back then. The spinning and entire vertigo lasted until about September for me and slowly subsided. Went from spinning to if I tilted my head to each side I would only get the spins. It was terrible! I am a migraine sufferer and I found out that if you suffer with migraines, you are likely to get vertigo. Just wanted to share my story. Sorry I can't help you out if it is related to the diet, etc. Glad it subsided so quickly for you.

snoop
January 17th, 2014, 01:37 AM
I regularly get vertigo as I have a condition called Ménière's disease. It may be linked to an infection in your ear as that is one of your main centres of balance. They don't worry about menieres until you get it more than once and have other symptoms. There is medication you can take called stemetil or stemzine but I doubt it's recommended when pregnant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

TRL
January 17th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Also Dramamine helps. It's over the counter and it's for car and boat sickness. It really helps. Vertigo is such a terrible feeling.

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2014, 01:35 PM
That does sound like vertigo to me too (I also get both migraines and vertigo). But I bet that low blood sugar and possibly low potassium had something to do with it.

also please tell me EVERYTHING you are taking for swaying or just in general. I had 3 people this week taking life threatening levels of supplements and I just want to rule that out.

You should not be going till 2 pm on 4 chocolate chip cookies. You need SOME food coming in, please just eat a meal at 12, there's no good that comes from cutting back so far that you're making yourself miserable.

Tomgirl
January 17th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I didn't mean to wait that long but had the cookies and then got sick to my tummy so then lost track of time. I usually NEVER wait that long. I usually don't make it past 11 as I'm up at 6 and running around.

It also feels like my upper cervical vertebrae are out which would also cause that with a combo of low blood sugar level is my guess.

I am not taking ANY supps. I have been drinking 1-2 cups of peppermint tea a day but have been struggling with coming back from my back injury so have been taking some pain meds but only at night. I've had a total of 3 vicodin in the last 4 days and 2 Tylenol with codeine yesterday. I try to only take it if I'm in a lot of pain.

Everything else is just LE diet and I have been having 1-2 glasses of champagne this last week (not when taking meds)

Oh I do take 1 800mcg of folic acid once a day...most days
Other then that I usually eat around 11 and sometimes have something small around 2-3 and then dinner varies based on my work schedule and I have been eating some meat but only in small portions mostly more veggies or carbs.

Tomgirl
January 17th, 2014, 03:18 PM
I don't even think I'm swaying that hard at this point other then skipping breakfast and cutting back on protein which is huge for me, but I'm still having small amounts of meat 1-2 times a week and when I want more salty foods I make myself go for the sweeter foods instead. I am losing, slowly at this point as I dropped 10 lbs quickly. I'm not exercising and haven't for 3 months or more which is the first time in my life I've gone that long without it. I am drinking a cup of coffee in the morning and peppermint tea during the day. Husband has cut back on red meat but that's it. So I would say my sway is pretty light compared to what a lot of ladies are doing here. Mostly I'm trying to not obsess and let go let god so to speak! This is our 3rd month of trying

Rosie85
January 17th, 2014, 05:08 PM
you mentioned those pain meds. those give me horrible vertigo. I would suspect that with the lack of food to be the culprit.

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Oh yes Vicodin is notorious for that!!!! I'd bet $$ that was what caused it.