PDA

View Full Version : Too much Vit B6?

charelle
January 18th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Hi all, I'm new here!
I was looking for some help with a vit B6 issue I'm having.
I was taking 100mg of Vit B6 for a luteal phase problem before I started taking a pre-natal under my gynacologists advice.
I only noticed today, while doing a supplement 'tally', that I'm actually taking 175mg of Vit B6, as I didn't realise there was B6 in my pre-natal.
I have just ovulated, so would weaning to 125mg now be ok?
thank you

charelle
January 18th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Can anybody please help me?
I have read very conflicting things about Vit B6 and could really use and appreciate some help right now.

nuthinbutpink
January 18th, 2014, 07:58 AM
I would slowly wean off to the RDA of B6 and then consult with your doctor about staying on it or if you should try to wean off of it after you get a BFP. I know you should not stop it abruptly.
The prenatal should have all you need and no additional supplementation is necessary.

charelle
January 18th, 2014, 08:04 AM
I would slowly wean off to the RDA of B6 and then consult with your doctor about staying on it or if you should try to wean off of it after you get a BFP. I know you should not stop it abruptly.
The prenatal should have all you need and no additional supplementation is necessary.

Thank you so mcuh for that - should I wean ASAP or when I get my BFP?
I was thinking of dropping it to 125mg for the next week then 100mg then maybe 75mg (which is jsut the prenatal) - I know 100mg is the maximum but I have progesterone prescription to boost if I need it.
Pharmacist said keep taking the 175mg till BFP then instantly come down to 75mg, but that just seems silly!

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2014, 11:26 AM
Can anybody please help me?
I have read very conflicting things about Vit B6 and could really use and appreciate some help right now.

I think I answered this in another thread, if you posted twice please go to your other thread and read my response there.

no one should ever take more than 100 mg B6 and I think it is best to stick to the RDA just as Nuthin mentions

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2014, 11:27 AM
Thank you so mcuh for that - should I wean ASAP or when I get my BFP?
I was thinking of dropping it to 125mg for the next week then 100mg then maybe 75mg (which is jsut the prenatal) - I know 100mg is the maximum but I have progesterone prescription to boost if I need it.
Pharmacist said keep taking the 175mg till BFP then instantly come down to 75mg, but that just seems silly!

she is wrong and that can cause a miscarriage. PLEASE ladies do not cut back on b6 suddenly when you may be pregnant.