PDA

View Full Version : Fsh and estradiol levels. Need advice.

Trishy74
January 18th, 2014, 02:05 PM
I originally posted this in the ttc girl section but now realize maybe its better off I post it under here since I'm almost 40 years old. Here is my original post:

So I had my dr run my fsh levels for cycle day 3. I'm 39 years old, almost 40 in 3 mos. along with the fsh levels he ran my estradiol. So he called with the results the other day and said everythibg was good. I always request a copy of my blood work bc last time I tried to conceive my son, I had issues and had to go to fertility drs and it took 10 mos to get preggo. So I'm kind of pushing my dr to get the ball rolling with checking hormone levels and an hsg which I had done yesterday and was fine during the procedure but when I left I was in so much pain I literally got real nauseaus having to pull over on the side of the road and almost passed out. Thank god my mom was with me. When I had the hsg done last time I didn't feel anything like that. I was able to go out to eat last time after it. This time I had to go home and do a BM (sorry tmi) and felt a thousand times better after. Not sure if I felt like that bc of taking fiber pills lately and not really having an increased amount of BMs bc I've been crampy on and off lately. Ok on to my fsh question. Sorry to get off topic.

So I got my blood work in the mail and I'm confused bc dr said fsh levels are normal. However, I had the test done on cycle day 3 and I believe that is the follicular phase, it states the highest number for testing at that time should be a 10.2 and my number came in at 15. So why would my gyno have told me its normal? I understand im in normal range for midcycle and not in menopause range bc that starts at a 23 but i thought cycle day 3 is the follicular phase of the cycle which it states normal only goes up to 10.2? I'm really getting worried over here and do plan on asking my gyno when he calls about my hsg results but in the meantime I'm sitting here worried that my ovarian reserve is poor. My estradiol came in at 55 which is a normal range for that time of the month.

Can someone explain to me if an fsh level of 15 is bad for cycle day 3 and what it means that my estradiol is a 55 which came in normal? Do the two go hand in hand? Is there anything I can take to help my egg supply? I know we are born with all the eggs we will ever have but I'm really really concerned. Thanks in advance for reading all of this and any help anyone can give me. I do remember 3 years ago when I went to the fertility dr he was all excited my period was starting and he did an ultrasound and was concerned bc I only had like 3 follicles. But I thought that was bc my prolactin levels were high which in turn were causing my body to think i was preggo from a med I took back then which I haven't taken it since and I got preggo that month as soon as I stopped taking it. Any advice or info is so much appreciated.