View Full Version : JUNE/JULY/AUGUST 2014 DUE DATE CLUB- THREAD #2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

GreaseMonkey
February 21st, 2014, 11:34 AM
Good luck Gafan :)

gafan
February 21st, 2014, 06:52 PM
Well...... it's a boy!
I am really surprised. I didn't fully expect girl but since I am so surprised I must have been pretty hopeful on some level that the sway worked for me.
I am happy that the baby is healthy. And I really don't know what to expect with a boy.
So I am kind of in a place of surprise, glad that the baby is healthy, sad that I won't be buying little girl clothes, and really curious about what my little boy will be like.

prayforprincess
February 21st, 2014, 07:04 PM
congrats on your little man!
How many boys do you have already?

gafan
February 21st, 2014, 07:06 PM
This is my first and probably only baby. So boy or girl it is all new to me!

aidansmum
February 21st, 2014, 08:04 PM
Well...... it's a boy!
I am really surprised. I didn't fully expect girl but since I am so surprised I must have been pretty hopeful on some level that the sway worked for me.
I am happy that the baby is healthy. And I really don't know what to expect with a boy.
So I am kind of in a place of surprise, glad that the baby is healthy, sad that I won't be buying little girl clothes, and really curious about what my little boy will be like.

Yay Gafan! congratulations on a healthy baby boy! Boys are gorgeous, you'll love having one :) You can always change your mind later and try again, my last boy was meant to be my last one! :)

from2to3
February 21st, 2014, 09:12 PM
Congrats on your healthy baby Gafan! Sorry you didn't hear boy, hope you are doing ok! Lol I hope so many if us wanting a girl hasn't scared you about boys, they really are awesome and I wouldn't give mine back for anything!! Hope your pregnancy continues to go well! Mommy hood is so rewarding :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carameline
February 22nd, 2014, 03:32 AM
Congrats on your baby boy hun! You will be just overwhelmed by how awesome boys are.

I was DESPERATE for my ds2 to be a boy coz I loved having a boy so much and wanted another!!

bunnywabbit
February 22nd, 2014, 06:28 AM
Aww congrats on your little man, Gafan! How're you feeling? x

snipsnsnails
February 22nd, 2014, 06:58 AM
Congrats on your boy Gafan! As everyone mentioned boys are so sweet and you have such a special bond with him. There is something special between a mom and her boys!

GreaseMonkey
February 22nd, 2014, 08:25 AM
Congrats on your healthy beautiful baby boy Gafan!! I am sorry you didn't hear girl but you will love buying boy things. We're here for you!

bunnywabbit
February 22nd, 2014, 08:48 AM
Hey grease,

I've been to soft play with the kids as its school hols. Felt so rough all day and happy to be lounging in my pjs now :). I'm not working this weekend so gonna try get some maternity clothes, I have nothing and a quick growing bump!

What about you? How you feeling? Are you going to have a gender scan? I looked into it but its £150 so I'll just have to wait till 20weeks! Xxx

£150?! Wow... Are you in the UK? Ultrasound Direct do a gender scan from 16 weeks for £79, or JustGender from 18 weeks for £39. x

gafan
February 22nd, 2014, 11:00 AM
Hello again.
I am feeling less surprised and more happy today. I also still want a girl but will try to put those feelings aside when I can. I haven't felt the baby kick yet and I think I'll feel more bonded to him when I do.
thanks for the support!

Bigwish
February 22nd, 2014, 11:07 AM
Congrats Gafan, on your healthy babyboy!

My boys are my everything and i'm sure you'll feel the same way the moment he looks into your eyes. He'll walk right into your heart!

menlc611
February 22nd, 2014, 03:26 PM
Sorry you didn't hear girl gafan, but like the other ladies said, boys have such an amazing bond with their moms!! It will be truly special!! Glad he's a healthy bean!!

Mumto3boys
February 22nd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Its your first baby and no gender will help you bond better with that baby, as soon as they place the baby in your arms the whole world fades away and nothing else matters. It is a yearning we all have to have one of each gender but in reality it is just a difference of genitals, clothing color. The bond you have, and the way your boy will behave will completely depend on you as a parent. Don't read into "boys are like this" "girls are like that" my boys are amazing and at times going out I hear little girls throwing tantrums and my boys are just running laughing and having a great time and those are the times that make me smile and remind me that they're all just in fact 'children' regardless of gender.
And regardless of how people say theres no clothing out there for boys as sweet as girls is a lot of rot I have over the years had amazing cute outfits - so start shopping!!!! xox
Hello again.
I am feeling less surprised and more happy today. I also still want a girl but will try to put those feelings aside when I can. I haven't felt the baby kick yet and I think I'll feel more bonded to him when I do.
thanks for the support!

kellbell827
February 22nd, 2014, 09:36 PM
Sorry you didn't hear girl Gafan. I do agree with what the other girls said though. I adore both my kids but I have learned that there really is something special about the mother-son bond. Plus, being your first child, the whole experience will be ingrained in your mind forever. Once you hold that little one in your arms and feel that bond, it is a one of a kind feeling. There is no moment more special than the first time you hold your new baby. It's amazing.
Plus, there are definitely cute clothes for boys!!

momof3boyz11
February 23rd, 2014, 08:35 AM
Congrats on your little boy gafan! I have 3 and one more on the way and I can tell you no one will love you like your little boy!

aidansmum
February 23rd, 2014, 11:27 PM
Beautiful words girls! I agree 100%! I think each one of my little boys have been a blessing in my life and they are so special and have different personalities, traits and tastes, so stereotypes most of the times don't apply, I had tons of fun being a bunch of little boys mum and wouldn't change who they are for anything in this world.

GreaseMonkey
February 24th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Happy Monday ladies, how is everyone doing? Do we have any scans this week or any Dr's appointments at all? Who is in line next for a gender scan or an elective one? Mine is not until March 12th, at 17 weeks 1 day lol

bunnywabbit
February 24th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Happy Monday ladies, how is everyone doing? Do we have any scans this week or any Dr's appointments at all? Who is in line next for a gender scan or an elective one? Mine is not until March 12th, at 17 weeks 1 day lol

I've got a 4D scan on the 15/3. A big gender reveal for both sets of grandparents as a surprise. Hoping little one won't fidget too much and we get decent pictures.

GreaseMonkey
February 24th, 2014, 10:02 AM
That sounds great bunny!! Have you guys thought of how to announce it? I'm afraid my gender reveal won't happen since pretty much everyone swears up and down that it's a girl and they keep posting and commenting on my FB pics :/

prayforprincess
February 24th, 2014, 11:19 AM

Mine is Sunday March 9th. I'll be 16 weeks. 1 week and 6 days to go...not like I'm counting :)

from2to3
February 24th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Happy Monday Grease!! I have a regular check up tomorrow, but I'm still excited. I always like to make sure that everything is okay! We don't get to have our ultrasound until the end of March or early April. I'm hoping they will schedule it shortly after our 18 wk apt but might make us wait until 20 wks. I can't wait, it is taking forever!
I was starting to get more energy and feel better but the past week or two my stomach has been off, maybe since I had to switch vitamins, and now areola are a little sensitive...? Kind of weird.

momof3boyz11
February 24th, 2014, 11:37 AM
I have a scan tomorrow to check in on the little beanies in my belly and honest to god I am so nervous. You worry constantly about are they growing enough and is everything okay! And I have that times 2! I just want them to be at least 10 ounces each when I go in tomorrow. I will be 19 weeks 4 days and it is the big anatomy scan that they told me it would take about an hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours since they have to do it for both babies :)Please pray they are growing strong

momof3boyz11
February 24th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Mine is Sunday March 9th. I'll be 16 weeks. 1 week and 6 days to go...not like I'm counting :)

Lol and I am sure the days are just going by so slow! :-)

momof3boyz11
February 24th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Happy Monday Grease!! I have a regular check up tomorrow, but I'm still excited. I always like to make sure that everything is okay! We don't get to have our ultrasound until the end of March or early April. I'm hoping they will schedule it shortly after our 18 wk apt but might make us wait until 20 wks. I can't wait, it is taking forever!
I was starting to get more energy and feel better but the past week or two my stomach has been off, maybe since I had to switch vitamins, and now areola are a little sensitive...? Kind of weird.

have you thought about maybe doing a private gender scan?

GreaseMonkey
February 24th, 2014, 11:43 AM

Lol, nah I am not counting either, about 17 days to be exact :D

GreaseMonkey
February 24th, 2014, 11:45 AM

Aww, it's always fun to see the baby :) I am glad you are getting your energy back, I would have more energy if I had the energy to get up and do stuff lol All I do is stay in bed all day since I have nothing else to do and that contributes to my laziness/lack of energy!! I hope thy don't make you wait for too long :)

GreaseMonkey
February 24th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I have a scan tomorrow to check in on the little beanies in my belly and honest to god I am so nervous. You worry constantly about are they growing enough and is everything okay! And I have that times 2! I just want them to be at least 10 ounces each when I go in tomorrow. I will be 19 weeks 4 days and it is the big anatomy scan that they told me it would take about an hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours since they have to do it for both babies :)Please pray they are growing strong

That's me :( Since I have gotten pregnant all I do is worry about the baby being healthy and alive. I haven't felt her/him move since my placenta is in the front so it make me nervous all the time :/
I am sure everything is fine but yeah that's a long time to be in an appointment but hopefully they will let you get up and walk or something to make it more bearable!

bunnywabbit
February 24th, 2014, 11:50 AM
That sounds great bunny!! Have you guys thought of how to announce it? I'm afraid my gender reveal won't happen since pretty much everyone swears up and down that it's a girl and they keep posting and commenting on my FB pics :/

As far as family and friends know we 'haven't been for a gender scan yet', which technically isn't a lie (we found out during the NT scan!). So far so good. Need to catch the sonographer beforehand and let her know that none of the grandparents know the gender yet and she will be doing their reveal. MiL will be over from South Africa staying with us for a month or so. There will be a week before the scan where DH and I need to watch what we say. I hope we can keep it up!

Re. the Facebook thing, how annoying! This is specifically why I said to DH we tell nobody. In the beginning I said we weren't going to find out as less bother that way. I've put pics up on Facebook but thankfully DH has been able to 'clean up' the pictures so not so obvious and haven't posted any obvious ones. Did get a friend post on my last one 'BOY :)'. I just said 'Really? Do you think so? Doing a gender reveal in a few weeks so will find out.' I asked her what made her say boy and she said 'I've got three boys, this looks just like my youngest'. ARGH! Oh well, there's a 50/50 chance she'd be correct, right? :wink:

GreaseMonkey
February 24th, 2014, 12:06 PM
That's great that the reveal will be done there :)

Yeah, I have no idea how to doctor the pictures, I just posted them on my page because I was in London and all my friends started guessing lol Which I expected them to do so since these girls are from IG when we were pregnant with out last kids together so they are what you would say semi experts on the matters lol But I do tell people that we think it's a girl but we don't know with a 100% certainty and that we will let them know when we know for sure. So for my family who don't pay attention to my FB posts it will be a surprise :) I have about 2 weeks to figure out how I am going to write my status for the reveal lol

carameline
February 24th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Hey grease! And everyone else :)

Happy Monday! Wow lots of us with upcoming scans... I also have a scan on weds when I will be 13+6 to check on the babes. I am a lot more anxious knowing there's two in there and constantly worrying something's gone wrong. I'm also hoping for some good nub shots as the ones I got at 12+4 are playing with my head! Very scared of double gender disappointment...

Xxx

Little Lunasa
February 24th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Hi girls, sorry I've been MIA, great to hear everyone is doing ok.

Gafan, congrats on your healthy baby boy, little boys adore their mammies, you have a treat in store for sure :)

Looking forward to the upcoming scans from you ladies!

from2to3
February 24th, 2014, 04:14 PM
have you thought about maybe doing a private gender scan?

I'd love to but honestly haven't even heard of them before I came to this website. We live in a pretty rural area and I'm not sure if our hospital would do it without medical necessity, so I'd have to find someone in the 'big city' to do it. Also, we have different insurance this time and will be paying for WAY more out of pocket for all this so trying to keep in under control as much as possible. Though I have to admit, I'm a little jealous you are all finding out so early ;)

I'm hoping the "good things come to those that wait" will hold true for us! :)

from2to3
February 24th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Aww, it's always fun to see the baby :) I am glad you are getting your energy back, I would have more energy if I had the energy to get up and do stuff lol All I do is stay in bed all day since I have nothing else to do and that contributes to my laziness/lack of energy!! I hope thy don't make you wait for too long :)

Unfortunately we won't see the baby :( It's just a quick check up to hear heartbeat on Doppler and check urine and whatever else. Still excited though!
That's good that you are able to rest though! Are your other children in school? Take advantage and kick up your feet ;) Though I agree, too much of a good thing can made it harder to get moving!

aidansmum
February 24th, 2014, 04:39 PM

I have a Doctor's appointment this Thursday and my 20 week scan on 11/3. I bought a fetal doppler so I can hear baby's heartbeat to my heart's content, I'm loving it! At least I don't have to wait for the Doctor to hear my baby's heart :)

aidansmum
February 24th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Wishing you all good luck with your appointments and ultrasounds, that all is well with you's and bubs! :)

Bunny, how exciting, an announcement, I should have done that, I just got so excited I told everyone, so it better be right! :)

GreaseMonkey
February 24th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately we won't see the baby :( It's just a quick check up to hear heartbeat on Doppler and check urine and whatever else. Still excited though!
That's good that you are able to rest though! Are your other children in school? Take advantage and kick up your feet ;) Though I agree, too much of a good thing can made it harder to get moving!

Aww, that's too bad but if you can't see the baby then hearing the baby is just as fun :) I have 2 boys, DS#1 is at school full time and DS#2 is home because he is not school age yet and if he were to go to school we would have to pay so we keep him home. We have a housekeeper so she is entertaining him when she is done with the housework so it works out great. I am having insomnia so it's hard to go to sleep at night so I am usually up until 2-3 in the morning and I get up at 7 to make breakfast and fix DS's lunch then go back to sleep until 11/noon.
It's kind of hard to get a job or do anything when we are moving to a different country every 3 years :(

from2to3
February 24th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Moving all the time would be hard! I hope we are good and settled! Though it would be good to see more of the world and experience that, I'm just boring :)
The insomnia thing is not fun! I've had some (just last night actually) and it's definitely harder to handle while pregnant. Rest while you can, esp with that spotting you've had!
I used to work full time but started staying home a year or so ago for the kids and do bookkeeping from home when I can. Both boys are home though and there's not much rest or sitting with these rambunctious two!

momof3boyz11
February 24th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Hey grease! And everyone else :)

Happy Monday! Wow lots of us with upcoming scans... I also have a scan on weds when I will be 13+6 to check on the babes. I am a lot more anxious knowing there's two in there and constantly worrying something's gone wrong. I'm also hoping for some good nub shots as the ones I got at 12+4 are playing with my head! Very scared of double gender disappointment...

Xxx
Exactly! Twice the fun twice the stress

GreaseMonkey
February 24th, 2014, 07:04 PM
It is hard moving but the perks are great. Our government pays for everything pretty much so we don't pay rent and our kids will go to private schools.
I am so glad the spotting has eased, it's been really stressful so I am hoping they tell me that the placenta has moved and I won't be spotting/bleeding anymore! That would be ideal and wishful thinking maybe :/
I am hoping to set up my embroidery machine pretty soon so I can start making things for the baby and maybe start selling a bit to friends here or there and eventually make it into a business where I would only make things and sell them to people who want them lol Then I might think of expanding and actually making things per request. You know, something to keep me occupied lol

By the way ladies, my name is Maria :) Born and raised in Cyprus then moved to the US where I met and married the love of my life :) I figured I would tell you a bit about me other than being Grease Monkey lol

Gpkm
February 25th, 2014, 02:13 AM
I Just booked my gender scan for 8 March, I will be 15+3. Not long to wait now, I'm so nervous to hear, although I will be happy no matter what the scan reveals.

It looks like a lot of us will know soon.

menlc611
February 25th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Hi Maria! I'm Liz.. Born and raised in the US :)

I go for a scan on Saturday, 3/1... I'm excited to see the baby but of course part of me is scared she will suddenly be a he!!! I can't wait to hear everyone's updates after dr appointments/scans!!

menlc611
February 25th, 2014, 08:40 AM
I Just booked my gender scan for 8 March, I will be 15+3. Not long to wait now, I'm so nervous to hear, although I will be happy no matter what the scan reveals.

That's my birthday!!! :) sending you lots of pink dust!!!

GreaseMonkey
February 25th, 2014, 08:44 AM

I go for a scan on Saturday, 3/1... I'm excited to see the baby but of course part of me is scared she will suddenly be a he!!! I can't wait to hear everyone's updates after dr appointments/scans!!

Hi Liz :)
Oh wow that's coming up soon!!!!! So exciting to say the least!! I think once we have an idea of baby being a certain gender we fear that our next appointment baby will turn the opposite gender lol At least I know I do!!

prayforprincess
February 25th, 2014, 11:44 AM

You are the day before me!! Hopefully we both hear girl!!!
I waited to schedule my elective til 16 weeks, I was so tempted to go in before but I just wanted to be totally, positively sure. Its so scary how many people I have seen lately hearing one gender at 15/16 weeks and turns out its really the opposite. I pray that does not happen to me!
Did you sway? Do you have a 12 week nub pic?

from2to3
February 25th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Good luck at your scans! I just had my doctors appointment and got mine scheduled for April 3. I'm kind of freaking myself out. Though I'm happy the doctor was able to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler this time (last time was too early) it was about 155 to 158. That's exactly what my boys were every time.....

aidansmum
February 25th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Good luck at your scans! I just had my doctors appointment and got mine scheduled for April 3. I'm kind of freaking myself out. Though I'm happy the doctor was able to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler this time (last time was too early) it was about 155 to 158. That's exactly what my boys were every time.....

I wouldn't worry about that, it really means nothing. With my second scan my little boy's heat rate was 156 and this little girl was 150!

aidansmum
February 25th, 2014, 05:32 PM

I have the same concern, I am actually terrified the scan will show it is actually a boy! That would be a hard pill to swallow! I want to believe it really is a girl and rely on the 99% accuracy of Harmony but we all know mistakes happen, I hope I'm not one of them!

aidansmum
February 25th, 2014, 05:37 PM
It is hard moving but the perks are great. Our government pays for everything pretty much so we don't pay rent and our kids will go to private schools.
I am so glad the spotting has eased, it's been really stressful so I am hoping they tell me that the placenta has moved and I won't be spotting/bleeding anymore! That would be ideal and wishful thinking maybe :/
I am hoping to set up my embroidery machine pretty soon so I can start making things for the baby and maybe start selling a bit to friends here or there and eventually make it into a business where I would only make things and sell them to people who want them lol Then I might think of expanding and actually making things per request. You know, something to keep me occupied lol

By the way ladies, my name is Maria :) Born and raised in Cyprus then moved to the US where I met and married the love of my life :) I figured I would tell you a bit about me other than being Grease Monkey lol

Also glad the spotting is giving you a break, hope it will be for good!

I am Monica, born and raised in Brazil, met my other half whilst traveling around Australia and been together for almost 10 years. We live in a coastal Australian town with our little 3 year old, Aidan. My 2 other sons live in Brazil, as they are adults now and chose to stay there, Lucas is a musician having his own traveling band, 24 yo, married and has a little foster daughter (so I guess I can call myself a nana! :) and Mateus is 22, he is a mechanical engineer and is currently buying an apartament so he and is fiancee can get married in the near future. I am very proud of them. :)

prayforprincess
February 25th, 2014, 07:25 PM

Soooo many studies have shown that heart rate has nothing to do with gender. They did so many studies on both girls and boys that showed that both were all over the board. This baby was 139 at my 12 week and none of my boys were ever that low -- all in the 150's and above.
Its just another one of those old wives tales -- like how you carry the baby. How you carry the baby has nothing to do with the gender you are having, it all has to do with how your body carries a pregnancy, how long your torso is, your height, etc.

Gpkm
February 26th, 2014, 01:54 AM
Pray forprincess- at least we will both know close together. No my 12 week scan pics were rubbish and gave nothing away.

momof3boyz11
February 26th, 2014, 07:48 AM
I went for another scan yesterday and the ultrasound tech kinda freaked me out! We had an early gender ultrasound at an elective place and were told that baby A was a boy and baby B was a girl. She just started looking over the babies and said to me Oh Baby B is a boy I was like oh my god are you kidding me that means I just lost my girl! so I told her what the gender place said and she's like okay wait let me look again, turns out the gender placr had the babies flip flopped and baby A is a girl baby B is a boy!!! I about had heart attack thinking I got all excited for a girl and someone was wrong but they weren't :-)

from2to3
February 26th, 2014, 09:38 AM
I know, I know, and it helps to hear you ladies talk common sense to me. I don't even believe the HR theory because both my boys were the exception. It's just that my second child followed the same pattern HR as my first and was the same sex and this one is following same pattern. I am so hopeful for a girl but sometimes it hits me hard like, do you really think that is possible for you??!
Momof3boys11 - goodness I would get scared too!! Glad you still have your girl in there and both babies are well!!!

GreaseMonkey
February 26th, 2014, 10:15 AM
I went for another scan yesterday and the ultrasound tech kinda freaked me out! We had an early gender ultrasound at an elective place and were told that baby A was a boy and baby B was a girl. She just started looking over the babies and said to me Oh Baby B is a boy I was like oh my god are you kidding me that means I just lost my girl! so I told her what the gender place said and she's like okay wait let me look again, turns out the gender placr had the babies flip flopped and baby A is a girl baby B is a boy!!! I about had heart attack thinking I got all excited for a girl and someone was wrong but they weren't :-)

Oh my, no wonder you were freaking out!! Glad to hear they weren't wrong :)

carameline
February 26th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Momof3 - my heart was in my mouth then! Gosh it gets twice as complicated with two haha!

I've been for another scan which was great. They are so damn cute and I love them already! They have grown so much in just a week and were wriggling around like crazy. I did see a girly nub on twin 2 but not sure about twin 1. Have posted my shots in ultrasound forum.

Hubby has said we can have a gender scan... But my sure about spending the extra £££ when we will know at 20 week scan anyway... Hmmm... :)

momof3boyz11
February 26th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Momof3 - my heart was in my mouth then! Gosh it gets twice as complicated with two haha!

I've been for another scan which was great. They are so damn cute and I love them already! They have grown so much in just a week and were wriggling around like crazy. I did see a girly nub on twin 2 but not sure about twin 1. Have posted my shots in ultrasound forum.

Hubby has said we can have a gender scan... But my sure about spending the extra £££ when we will know at 20 week scan anyway... Hmmm... :)

Boy girl twins seem to be what all twin moms are having now!

carameline
February 26th, 2014, 05:00 PM
That would be amazing momof3! Even just one little girly in there would be so awesome ❤

aidansmum
February 26th, 2014, 05:35 PM

That would freak you out alright! Phew! Glad it was all a mix up!

Mumto3boys
February 26th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Hi Ladies - 17+1 today ;) time is flying! with taking one to school, one to pre school and a 19month old I can't believe its nearly time for the next scan!

So for me its Nimble Diagnostics Sydney - Result Boy - Feeling like crap crying every day

Private Gender Scan in Melbourne at 14+1 - Result Girl - no sign of a bulge or dangly bits but I have seen one that has three lines and have since found out its referred to as a 'stacked cheeseburger?' - also 12.5 weeks scans have shown definite signs of a protrusion for a boy and mine didn't, and many gender scans have been wrong when they say boy and turns out to be a girl, and mines other way round, I've compared my scans to others at their company and on the internet, and it matches other girl scans - making me feel super positive

Will I reveal to the world at my 20 week - decided on 'NO'... as even if they do say girl at this scan also I probably won't believe it unless I have a 3/4D scan to show girly bits or when its born!... But I will just get them to write it on a piece of paper as my hubby won't be with me.

I'll be booking my in my 20th week on 20th March ;)

Good luck!

One thing I will be pursuing should it be a definite girl I won't be just getting my money back I will be trying to change it so that the govt regulates these blood test places, because this could've resulted in an abortion should I not have been in sound mind. Can't say much for other people that could have chosen to terminate. Sad as it is, it does happen.

aidansmum
February 26th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Hi Ladies - 17+1 today ;) time is flying! with taking one to school, one to pre school and a 19month old I can't believe its nearly time for the next scan!

So for me its Nimble Diagnostics Sydney - Result Boy - Feeling like crap crying every day

Private Gender Scan in Melbourne at 14+1 - Result Girl - no sign of a bulge or dangly bits but I have seen one that has three lines and have since found out its referred to as a 'stacked cheeseburger?' - also 12.5 weeks scans have shown definite signs of a protrusion for a boy and mine didn't, and many gender scans have been wrong when they say boy and turns out to be a girl, and mines other way round, I've compared my scans to others at their company and on the internet, and it matches other girl scans - making me feel super positive

Will I reveal to the world at my 20 week - decided on 'NO'... as even if they do say girl at this scan also I probably won't believe it unless I have a 3/4D scan to show girly bits or when its born!... But I will just get them to write it on a piece of paper as my hubby won't be with me.

I'll be booking my in my 20th week on 20th March ;)

Good luck!

One thing I will be pursuing should it be a definite girl I won't be just getting my money back I will be trying to change it so that the govt regulates these blood test places, because this could've resulted in an abortion should I not have been in sound mind. Can't say much for other people that could have chosen to terminate. Sad as it is, it does happen.

Does this NO revealing also includes us?? :) I will be dying to know how your next scan goes....but of course we respect your choice :)
and you're right, those places should be heavily regulated, maybe genetic gender tests should be only given when also checking for trisomies, because as you said, some people would abort because of that and it is just plain irresponsible. Good luck, hope the little sandwich is still very much a sandwich (or cheeseburger) :) x

dreams529
February 27th, 2014, 10:49 AM
HI everyone!! So sorry I'm very far behind it has been an incredibly stressful few weeks. Right after my ultrasound I got a call that my Dr will be out for who knows how long for cancer treatments. Of course I feel really bad for him but since this is my 3rd VBAC & not many dr's want to do one I have been scrambling to find a back up dr. Than my 3yr old DS got sick which of course I caught. We are now on week 2 of bronchitis & honestly I'm still not feeling to much better.

Thank you all for all of the wonderful comments after the ultrasound. I am actually feeling pretty Ok about things although I do find myself thinking about trying just one more time. I keep putting that out of my head though because I have barely made it halfway through this pregnancy yet! Excited to be feeling baby move more & more & really feeling like I need to get more serious about picking a name for this little man. Also hoping to feel better by this weekend & make a announcement for the rest of the world as I still haven't even told my kids yet. Also had the Dr. on Mon baby sounds great & my 20 week ultrasound is 3/10.

Congrats to those who have had scans & appointments I am so sorry I am a bit delayed. Hope everyone is feeling Ok & good luck with your upcoming appointments & scans! Can not believe that we are all right around the halfway point already!!!!

dreams529
February 27th, 2014, 12:36 PM
So I was talking to my BF this Am told her yesterday that baby is a boy & that I was bummed only because I wouldn't really be able to name this baby after my Grandma which was the original plan. Dh & I had been tossing around naming baby after either my Grandma's DH or her dad. I did not know either of those men but I knew they were important to her of course. Unfortunately we don't love either the name Stephen or the name Timothy but figured one of them would grow on me. Neither of those names really gave me the connection to her that I was looking for & that I get with my other children's names.

Anyway back to convo with BF. She said they named their DD Nicole after her DH's grandfather Dominic. That got me thinking & searching & I came upon a name that is made only out of the letters of my Grandmas name which was Margaret. I think I have fallen head over heels with name Garet(I know its not the typical spelling of the name but since its my kid I figure I'm allowed some to change it a bit ;) ). It makes me happy I feel the connection, it actually made me cry & I feel like a huge weight is lifted off of my shoulders. I actually feel like I can completely forget the idea of trying again!

Haven't talked to DH yet but I'm hoping he will be on board (ummm he might not have much of a choice, lol). Thank you for letting me share this with you all cause I know you ladies would get this. The simple act of naming this child was one of the main parts of gender disappointment for me & I think I have finally found a way to deal with it!!!!

GreaseMonkey
February 27th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Dreams that is a wonderful name, I really like it a lot!!!

I am so sorry you have had a rough couple of weeks, I am hoping from here on out things start getting better and are able t relax a little bit :)

dreams529
February 27th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Thanks Grease!!! Hope everything is going better with you also. I was trying to catch back up & looks like you got some answers from your dr. Hope your next couple of months are peaceful & relaxing also!!!!

GreaseMonkey
February 27th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Thank you, yes things are getting better on my end. I am glad to have gotten answers and now it seems the bleeding has been reduced dramatically and I haven't been spotting lately so I am really hoping it stays this way! I have 13 more days until my next appointment so I am hoping they tell me things are ok. I am still not feeling baby move but I am definitely starting to look a bit like I am pregnant so it's reassuring!!

Little Lunasa
February 27th, 2014, 03:42 PM
So I was talking to my BF this Am told her yesterday that baby is a boy & that I was bummed only because I wouldn't really be able to name this baby after my Grandma which was the original plan. Dh & I had been tossing around naming baby after either my Grandma's DH or her dad. I did not know either of those men but I knew they were important to her of course. Unfortunately we don't love either the name Stephen or the name Timothy but figured one of them would grow on me. Neither of those names really gave me the connection to her that I was looking for & that I get with my other children's names.

Anyway back to convo with BF. She said they named their DD Nicole after her DH's grandfather Dominic. That got me thinking & searching & I came upon a name that is made only out of the letters of my Grandmas name which was Margaret. I think I have fallen head over heels with name Garet(I know its not the typical spelling of the name but since its my kid I figure I'm allowed some to change it a bit ;) ). It makes me happy I feel the connection, it actually made me cry & I feel like a huge weight is lifted off of my shoulders. I actually feel like I can completely forget the idea of trying again!

Haven't talked to DH yet but I'm hoping he will be on board (ummm he might not have much of a choice, lol). Thank you for letting me share this with you all cause I know you ladies would get this. The simple act of naming this child was one of the main parts of gender disappointment for me & I think I have finally found a way to deal with it!!!!
That's such a good idea and a really lovely name :) I'm glad you've found a way of commemorating your grandma, it will make everything much more special

aidansmum
February 27th, 2014, 09:41 PM
dreams, it is a gorgeous name and I can tell that by choosing it you are bonding so well with your little one. Hope you feel well soon, no fun being sick. x

carameline
February 28th, 2014, 07:54 AM
I love that idea dreams. So pleased you're more at peace with things now. I think that's why I was so desperately for a second son- so I could name him after my amazing Grandad :)

Ladies... I've caved! We are having a gender scan 9th march! I will be 15+3 it won't be too early will it? Eeeeeeek!!

Love to all. Glad your bleeding has slowed grease xxx

snipsnsnails
February 28th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Hi girls. Trying to catch up on the threads. Been on vacation without internet and it was nice! Beautiful weather and now back to freezing cold:(..
Looks like many will be finding out gender soon! Good luck!
Afm- I'm doing good getting bigger and bigger. It was crazy while on vacation every single stranger would look at me with my boys and say, it is a girl this time? And we're so excited when I said yes. I could imagine how bad my GD would've been if it was another boy. Even my dh said wow strangers are so nosy!

prayforprincess
March 1st, 2014, 09:06 AM
I love that idea dreams. So pleased you're more at peace with things now. I think that's why I was so desperately for a second son- so I could name him after my amazing Grandad :)

Ladies... I've caved! We are having a gender scan 9th march! I will be 15+3 it won't be too early will it? Eeeeeeek!!

Love to all. Glad your bleeding has slowed grease xxx

AHHHHH!! That's so exciting!! I am having my scan the same day!! I'll be 16 weeks exactly.
I know you will hear girl, hope I do too!

prayforprincess
March 1st, 2014, 09:07 AM
8 days to go....the time is going by soooo slow

carameline
March 1st, 2014, 02:35 PM
Ohhh pfp I hope both hear pink! I'm not gonna be greedy just one little girly would be so amazing. I'm trying to prepare myself for hearing double blue- and praying the God will help me to realise what is meant to be is meant to be xxx

GreaseMonkey
March 1st, 2014, 04:20 PM
Didn't someone had a scan today??? I remember someone had an appointment today but i can't think of who it was :/ I'd have to go back and check lol

11 days for my scan, I cannot wait to get the confirmation and go crazy with either blue or pink :)

bunnywabbit
March 1st, 2014, 04:20 PM
Big gender reveal to the grandparents 2 weeks today - can't wait! Of course, this will mean that the MiL will be staying with us for a bit. Like, 5 weeks. From next weekend. ARGH! So many things to do!

GreaseMonkey
March 1st, 2014, 04:21 PM
Eeeeek, how exciting!!!

prayforprincess
March 1st, 2014, 06:37 PM
Ohhh pfp I hope both hear pink! I'm not gonna be greedy just one little girly would be so amazing. I'm trying to prepare myself for hearing double blue- and praying the God will help me to realise what is meant to be is meant to be xxx
you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I saw your u/s pics. There is definitely 1 little girl in there for sure, and I would bank money on the fact that I believe its 2.
100% you have at least 1 in the bag. I would rest easy if I were you.

aidansmum
March 1st, 2014, 06:52 PM
Carameline and PFP, can't wait to find out! Keeping my fingers crossed for you x

Bunny, it's a lot of work but it will also be very exciting! Yay!

Grease, not sure if it was me, I had an appointment with the Doc this last thursday but he cancelled because his father passed away, now I'm going next friday. I do have my 20 week scan booked for the 11/3 though, I'm so looking forward to it, not long to see my little one again. I hear the little heart through the doppler so I am almost sure all is well, but it will be so exciting to see her (hope it's really a she!) again. :)

carameline
March 2nd, 2014, 02:24 AM
you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I saw your u/s pics. There is definitely 1 little girl in there for sure, and I would bank money on the fact that I believe its 2.
100% you have at least 1 in the bag. I would rest easy if I were you.

Thanks for reassuring me. I'm still very nervous because my ds3 had a very girly nub and I completely fell for it... Then went for a gender scan and there was his willy for all to see :) obviously I can smile about it now but I really struggled. So just trying to prepare myself. We have picked 2 lovely boy names which make me smile :). What time is your scan hun? Mine is 1pm but I'm in the UK. We are going out for dinner after just me and dh, I can't wait!

Aidens mum can't believe it's nearly time for your 20 week scan, time is flying! Bet you can't wait to see her. Have you bought any pink yet? I think I will go wild if I hear pink, LOL.

Mrscaulfield
March 2nd, 2014, 03:40 AM
Hey I'm due right at the end of August with my second. Wondering if there was anyone around the same. Like some people to talk to :) xx

GreaseMonkey
March 2nd, 2014, 07:43 AM
Hey I'm due right at the end of August with my second. Wondering if there was anyone around the same. Like some people to talk to :) xx

Welcome and congrats on baby #2 :)

Mrscaulfield
March 2nd, 2014, 07:45 AM
Thank you :)

Little Lunasa
March 2nd, 2014, 10:11 AM

Welcome! Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?

Mrscaulfield
March 2nd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Wel I have alittle boy so it would be nice to have a girl but I don't mind either way :)

Mrscaulfield
March 2nd, 2014, 10:27 AM
Welcome! Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?

I have a little boy so if would be nice to have a girl but I don't mind either way :)

bunnywabbit
March 2nd, 2014, 11:21 AM

Welcome, Mrscaulfield and congrats on your BFP! Shall I add you to the list on the first page? What is your due date? I Hope you get your pink bundle x

Bigwish
March 2nd, 2014, 12:00 PM
Carameline, pfp, i'm praying you hear pink, but i'm pretty sure you will!

I'm still in doubt as to whether i should book a private scan or not. My husband thinks i'm crazy; to him, a harmony test is much more conclusive than an ultrasound. Ofcourse he is right, but two confirmations will make me more peaceful regarding the gender of dc3.

I already ordered wallpaper! So i think i'm caving in for a secret private scan, lol. Hope they have a last minute opportunity tomorrow!

Mrscaulfield
March 2nd, 2014, 12:08 PM
Welcome, Mrscaulfield and congrats on your BFP! Shall I add you to the list on the first page? What is your due date? I Hope you get your pink bundle x

O yes please!! That would be great. My due date is 31st Aug :)

carameline
March 2nd, 2014, 12:26 PM
Wel I have alittle boy so it would be nice to have a girl but I don't mind either way :)

Welcome! :) congrats on your pregnancy looking forward to chatting more :)

carameline
March 2nd, 2014, 12:28 PM

I'm still in doubt as to whether i should book a private scan or not. My husband thinks i'm crazy; to him, a harmony test is much more conclusive than an ultrasound. Ofcourse he is right, but two confirmations will make me more peaceful regarding the gender of dc3.

I already ordered wallpaper! So i think i'm caving in for a secret private scan, lol. Hope they have a last minute opportunity tomorrow!

Bigwish i definitely think you've got very accurate confirmation with the harmony test, but seeing your baby girl on screen is always gonna be a good thing, right ;) I definitely wouldn't worry about the blood result tho- you've got your girly!!

Mrscaulfield
March 2nd, 2014, 12:29 PM
Welcome! :) congrats on your pregnancy looking forward to chatting more :)

Thank you. That would be great! When are you due? Xx

from2to3
March 2nd, 2014, 01:44 PM

Welcome :)

Mrscaulfield
March 2nd, 2014, 01:44 PM
Welcome :)

Thank you :)

prayforprincess
March 2nd, 2014, 02:00 PM
mines at 11:30

carameline
March 2nd, 2014, 02:18 PM
Thank you. That would be great! When are you due? Xx

28th August but they won't let me go beyond 37/38 weeks. Are you having a gender scan? x

Bigwish
March 2nd, 2014, 02:22 PM
Bigwish i definitely think you've got very accurate confirmation with the harmony test, but seeing your baby girl on screen is always gonna be a good thing, right ;) I definitely wouldn't worry about the blood result tho- you've got your girly!!

Thanks!! I sometimes need to hear that, i guess
And i'll eat my shoe if you haven't at least one girly in there ;-)

Mrscaulfield
March 2nd, 2014, 02:22 PM
28th August but they won't let me go beyond 37/38 weeks. Are you having a gender scan? x

I'm due on 31st August. No we won't find out the sex so we have to have a growth scan at 35 weeks as my first baby was a rather big. Hope everything is alright with you!?

aidansmum
March 2nd, 2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks for reassuring me. I'm still very nervous because my ds3 had a very girly nub and I completely fell for it... Then went for a gender scan and there was his willy for all to see :) obviously I can smile about it now but I really struggled. So just trying to prepare myself. We have picked 2 lovely boy names which make me smile :). What time is your scan hun? Mine is 1pm but I'm in the UK. We are going out for dinner after just me and dh, I can't wait!

Aidens mum can't believe it's nearly time for your 20 week scan, time is flying! Bet you can't wait to see her. Have you bought any pink yet? I think I will go wild if I hear pink, LOL.

I know, it is going so fast! I have bought a few pink things but still waiting to do most of my baby shopping after the U/S. I'll be more confident then. People keep telling me I'm being silly and that the harmony is very reliable, but I can't relax until an U/S shows me the baby's goods, if you know what I mean. Fx you hear pink! It is an amazing feeling!

aidansmum
March 2nd, 2014, 05:26 PM

Welcome to the club! We talk a lot here, you won't be disappointed :)

aidansmum
March 2nd, 2014, 05:28 PM

I'm with you Bigwish, until I see it I won't be convinced. :) When are you getting your scan? I'm getting mine in a weeks time, it is my 20 week scan and I hope the tech will cooperate because I will nag him to have a look for me.

Bigwish
March 3rd, 2014, 03:22 AM
I'm with you Bigwish, until I see it I won't be convinced. :) When are you getting your scan? I'm getting mine in a weeks time, it is my 20 week scan and I hope the tech will cooperate because I will nag him to have a look for me.

Well, i booked a private scan for today! It's only €40,-, so well worth it, i think, lol.
I'll update as soon as i can.
My 20weeks u/s would be in four weeks, which, i think, is too long to wait ;-)

Bigwish
March 3rd, 2014, 06:40 AM
It's 100% sure a girl! Scan left no doubt!
Yeah, over the moon again, LoL!

snipsnsnails
March 3rd, 2014, 07:37 AM

Welcome big wish and congrats on the girl! Believe me it's hard to believe at first. I am now just realizing it's true and getting excited to have her in my arms!

momof3boyz11
March 3rd, 2014, 08:35 AM

Congrats!!!!

momof3boyz11
March 3rd, 2014, 08:36 AM
Where are the bump pics ladies? :)

menlc611
March 3rd, 2014, 10:42 AM

Yay!! Congrats!!!! My scan is tomorrow and praying baby is still a girl!! lol

menlc611
March 3rd, 2014, 10:43 AM
Where are the bump pics ladies? :)

This is me last week at 21 weeks (don't mind my son in the back or the dirty mirror! Haha) I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow!

GreaseMonkey
March 3rd, 2014, 11:24 AM
Yeah!!!!!! Big Wish so happy you got the 100% confirmation, congratulations :D

momof3boyz11
March 3rd, 2014, 11:45 AM
Menlc I love it!

Here is my 20 week twin bump :)17288

dreams529
March 3rd, 2014, 11:50 AM
Congrats Bigwish!!!

bunnywabbit
March 3rd, 2014, 12:13 PM
Will get mine done - 24 weeks tomorrow, another milestone done! I hope I remember. Has baby brain kicked in for anyone else yet? Mine is awful!

prayforprincess
March 3rd, 2014, 03:41 PM
Congrats on your scans ladies!

I'm terrified for my scan Sunday. For a few weeks there i felt like I had so much hope to hear girl. And now... Not so much. I'm convincing myself its a boy and I'm so sad. I mean, I know I'll be happy with a boy- and I'm redecorating the whole nursery no matter what gender, so thats something new and different to look forward to; but, i really wanna hear girl.
Of course. I just dont think its gonna happen for me- my head has so many doubts even though the pics still leave some hope and this pregnancy has been polar opposite. I mean polar opposite in every single way. I'm 15 weeks already and still feeling nauseous!!
I think its the anxiety of not knowing that's taking me down. Once I know I can just deal with the feelings, but right now i dont know what I'm dealing with so i have soooooo many feelings.
I hate waiting!!!!!!

carameline
March 3rd, 2014, 03:47 PM
Sending you a hug pfp ((())) I totally get your fears... This is going to be a loooong week. Don't lose hope, I think you have great chance for hearing pink. I really hope your dreams come true on Sunday xxx

aidansmum
March 3rd, 2014, 05:13 PM
This is me last week at 21 weeks (don't mind my son in the back or the dirty mirror! Haha) I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow!

Cute bump!!! You're looking great!

aidansmum
March 3rd, 2014, 05:14 PM
Bigwish, congrats again! How good is it to get that final confirmation! I hope that's me soon, I'm not too worried but it's in the back of my mind, I know I will feel better with a second opinion :)

aidansmum
March 3rd, 2014, 05:18 PM
Congrats on your scans ladies!

I'm terrified for my scan Sunday. For a few weeks there i felt like I had so much hope to hear girl. And now... Not so much. I'm convincing myself its a boy and I'm so sad. I mean, I know I'll be happy with a boy- and I'm redecorating the whole nursery no matter what gender, so thats something new and different to look forward to; but, i really wanna hear girl.
Of course. I just dont think its gonna happen for me- my head has so many doubts even though the pics still leave some hope and this pregnancy has been polar opposite. I mean polar opposite in every single way. I'm 15 weeks already and still feeling nauseous!!
I think its the anxiety of not knowing that's taking me down. Once I know I can just deal with the feelings, but right now i dont know what I'm dealing with so i have soooooo many feelings.
I hate waiting!!!!!!

The wait is a killer but it's getting really close now. No matter how girlie your nub shot looks you'll always prepare yourself to hear boy again, I did that the whole weekend before that harmony call, felt really sad just telling myself it is a boy, just get over it and don't go all upset because you know it is a boy, that's what I kept telling myself, I think we just need to prepare psychologically so we torture ourselves like that, but you have every chance of hearing girl so don't torture yourself so much (easier said than done, I know!). Will be here very early on monday to find out, can't wait. Good luck!!!! x

aidansmum
March 3rd, 2014, 05:19 PM
Will get mine done - 24 weeks tomorrow, another milestone done! I hope I remember. Has baby brain kicked in for anyone else yet? Mine is awful!

Me too! I'm shocking at the moment. Sometimes I even find it hard to have a long conversation as I lose my train of thought and concentration and hope my friends don't notice. And I forget things, like my own password! Very embarrassing! :(

Mumto3boys
March 3rd, 2014, 07:35 PM
Lol no it doesn't include this forum :) either way you guys are my real support and its how this pregnancy began, researching, finding gender dreaming, buying a plan, planning the plan, going through with the plan and so far its worked, confirmation looming!!! I'm so excited but still so scared! :/
Does this NO revealing also includes us?? :) I will be dying to know how your next scan goes....but of course we respect your choice :)
and you're right, those places should be heavily regulated, maybe genetic gender tests should be only given when also checking for trisomies, because as you said, some people would abort because of that and it is just plain irresponsible. Good luck, hope the little sandwich is still very much a sandwich (or cheeseburger) :) x

from2to3
March 4th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Good luck on your scan PFP!! I hope you hear girl! I completely understand where you are coming from, I'm in the same boat. Some days I'm so hopeful and sure it's a girl, esp just the whole way we even got to this point, and others I'm just sure it's another boy! I feel like there's no way I could get a girl and can't even imagine being told girl, even though I dream of that all the time!!
Good luck, can't wait to hear. I have a feeling you'll be happy though, hope I'm right!

Bigwish
March 4th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Pfp, i totally feel you!
To me, Waiting to hear gender is more torture than all the 2wws together to my opinion.
I sometimes wished i wasn't pregnant, then i didn't have to go through the whole process (but off course, instantky regretting that thought). I was soooo nervous when i waited for the harmony test results. When they called me i already started crying before gender was told, all the stress came out. I can't describe the feeling of being told girl thereafter, it was such a rollercoaster of relieve, i still remember every second of it. I hope you hear girl as well!!

snipsnsnails
March 4th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Good luck pfp! I really have my fingers crossed tight you hear girl! You've been through so much with ivf and deserve this happy ending:) it's hard I was terrified getting the call about my blood test and then the u/s because I figured the blood test was wrong. What is your intuition telling you?

aidansmum
March 4th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Tummy really popped this week! Definitely looking pregnant now! I'll be 20 weeks in 2 days.

gafan
March 4th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Good luck to all who have scans soon and are waiting for results or confirmations!

Gpkm
March 5th, 2014, 12:33 AM
I'm counting down the days till my scan on Saturday. I am excited and petrified to hear the results. Like pfp I'm thinking it's going to say boy.

aidansmum
March 5th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Gpkm, fingers crossed you'll hear pink! We have a very exciting week ahead with all the scans and results!

carameline
March 5th, 2014, 01:58 AM
Time is going soooo slow! I feel really nervous/excited xxx

bunnywabbit
March 5th, 2014, 05:33 AM
Not a great picture (again), but 24+1...

momof3boyz11
March 5th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Love the bumps!
Good luck on your upcoming scans ladies!!!

momof3boyz11
March 5th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Time is going soooo slow! I feel really nervous/excited xxx

I am sure you have at least one pink beauty in there! I am excited I have b/g twins this way I get to have my girl and also enjoy the amazing things that come with boys all over again!
I think it's 2 girls in there :) good luck

menlc611
March 5th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Cute bumps bunny and Aidansmum!!!

I had my scan done at 22 weeks yesterday.. Still a baby GIRL!! I was so nervous I would hear boy. I don't think it will be real until I see the parts for myself when she's born! Haha

Good luck to everyone getting scans done!! Seems like there are a lot in the next few days!!! Fingers crossed for you all!!!!

prayforprincess
March 5th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Good luck pfp! I really have my fingers crossed tight you hear girl! You've been through so much with ivf and deserve this happy ending:) it's hard I was terrified getting the call about my blood test and then the u/s because I figured the blood test was wrong. What is your intuition telling you?

My gut from the beginning has said girl. But of course I try to ignore it and tell myself there is just no way and the only reason you feel girl is because you want it so badly.
I have been honest with myself and admitted that with all 3 of my boys I never felt they were girls. I "wanted" them to be so badly, but just never felt it. With this one I really feel it-- i hope its not just a feeling though....
4 days!!

prayforprincess
March 5th, 2014, 08:41 AM
I'm counting down the days till my scan on Saturday. I am excited and petrified to hear the results. Like pfp I'm thinking it's going to say boy.
I'm the same as you, counting down the days.
What time is your scan on Saturday?

I know Carameline's is 1pm on sunday, that's 7am my time so I'll be checking her results on the way to my scan

What do you all think the odds are that we all hear girl??!

GreaseMonkey
March 5th, 2014, 08:53 AM
1 week until my scan and I KNOW they will say boy...Why? Because everyone says girl and I have stupidly allowed myself to dream this is a girl and go window shopping online and adding girly stuff on my pinterest board and baby registry and now nature will laugh in my face and tell me I am having another boy :(
Needless to say I am back to obsessing again and DH is not here this week to keep me sane :/

prayforprincess
March 5th, 2014, 09:46 AM
1 week until my scan and I KNOW they will say boy...Why? Because everyone says girl and I have stupidly allowed myself to dream this is a girl and go window shopping online and adding girly stuff on my pinterest board and baby registry and now nature will laugh in my face and tell me I am having another boy :(
Needless to say I am back to obsessing again and DH is not here this week to keep me sane :/

You sound just like me!!! I have done the same. Everyone thinks girl and i feel like that should mean something but I just cannot convince myself.
Yet I have totally picked out a girly nursery and added so much pink to my registry.
On the flip side I have also picked out a cool boy nursery too.
But I have totally imagined hearing girl and who I would text and how I would tell the kids they are having a baby sister and everything. The more I think about everything the more I think it will never come true.

GreaseMonkey
March 5th, 2014, 11:00 AM
You sound just like me!!! I have done the same. Everyone thinks girl and i feel like that should mean something but I just cannot convince myself.
Yet I have totally picked out a girly nursery and added so much pink to my registry.
On the flip side I have also picked out a cool boy nursery too.
But I have totally imagined hearing girl and who I would text and how I would tell the kids they are having a baby sister and everything. The more I think about everything the more I think it will never come true.

That's me too only I haven't done anything for a boy, which I am totally doing today!

tandjmom
March 5th, 2014, 11:39 AM
grease monkey and pray for princess- i really hope you two hear pink!! i still imagine how it would have felt to be able to text and call people and tell them i am having a girl.. i think the worst part about me having another boy , is the reaction of other people. like they are disappointed, and then they try and make you feel better about having another boy (assuming that you are sad) even though secretly i was, i still love my baby and i am excited.
anyways sorry about my rant! praying you guys here pink at your scan..

on another note.. so i went to my 20 week scan yesterday and asked the doctor if my he was still a he, he said that he couldn't see a stick (the penis) and that all he could see was a mound. now my mind is playing tricks on me and i keep thinking maybe my last ultrasound was a mistake cause it was to early.. maybe it is a swollen labia, etc. should i just stop thinking like this and just know its a boy!! am i just wishful thinking?? anyways just needed to vent and get this out...

GreaseMonkey
March 5th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Wow TandJ do you have any pictures you can post for us?

tandjmom
March 5th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I do I just wish I knew how??

GreaseMonkey
March 5th, 2014, 11:51 AM
You should be able to post it through your phone when you reply. There is a square that has what looks like a tree inside and you use that and post!

tandjmom
March 5th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Okay let me try http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/06/u5ada2us.jpg

tandjmom
March 5th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Okay let me try to me it still looks like something between the legs

snipsnsnails
March 5th, 2014, 02:10 PM
My gut from the beginning has said girl. But of course I try to ignore it and tell myself there is just no way and the only reason you feel girl is because you want it so badly.
I have been honest with myself and admitted that with all 3 of my boys I never felt they were girls. I "wanted" them to be so badly, but just never felt it. With this one I really feel it-- i hope its not just a feeling though....
4 days!!

That's exactly how I felt! With the boys I just knew it was a boy, but this time I actually thought this is my girl. I remember txting my dh and saying I really want to buy this outfit because this is the first time I know its a girl. I was still waiting for the blood test results to come back. So I think there is something to your intuition!!

GreaseMonkey
March 5th, 2014, 02:28 PM
I too knew #2 was a boy, and I did with this one too up until the time I thought I lost him/her. Then I said it's a girl because I kept thinking with my bad luck the one and only time I would have a loss would be my dd :( Then I went to London and when I posted all my pictures people were so sure it was a girl they started making bets and telling me to go out and buy pink lol
I am too scared to believe I can have a girl :(

carameline
March 5th, 2014, 04:11 PM

I could have written this myself :) after allowing myself to hope for a few days I'm now preparing myself to hear double blue on Sunday. I bought a pack of pink babygrows last week that were so beautiful and in the sale.. now I'm wondering if I'll be giving them to someone else as a gift! I did have a very very very fleeting moment this evening tho, where I *kind of* didn't care, as my ds2(whos 3) came and kissed me on the cheek after i had been sick and said 'I make you all better mummy'. I LOVE little boys :)

I think I'm more terrified of gender disappointment than anything else. It's a bitch :(

aidansmum
March 5th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Cute bumps bunny and Aidansmum!!!

I had my scan done at 22 weeks yesterday.. Still a baby GIRL!! I was so nervous I would hear boy. I don't think it will be real until I see the parts for myself when she's born! Haha

Good luck to everyone getting scans done!! Seems like there are a lot in the next few days!!! Fingers crossed for you all!!!!

What a gorgeous little profile, congrats! Always a relief they didn't grow a willy lol :)

GreaseMonkey
March 5th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Yes!!!! That!!! That's what I'm afraid of most, GD!!! It is horrible, horrible :( I wish I never suffered or knew about it at all.

aidansmum
March 5th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Carameline, Grease and PFP, deep breath, have faith, you have 50/50 chance when you fall pregnant, when nub is girlie, chances increase, so I think all of you have a good chance of hearing girl. I know it's going to be impossible, but try not to stress too much. Thinking of you this weekend and can't wait to hear the results! x

aidansmum
March 5th, 2014, 05:38 PM
grease monkey and pray for princess- i really hope you two hear pink!! i still imagine how it would have felt to be able to text and call people and tell them i am having a girl.. i think the worst part about me having another boy , is the reaction of other people. like they are disappointed, and then they try and make you feel better about having another boy (assuming that you are sad) even though secretly i was, i still love my baby and i am excited.
anyways sorry about my rant! praying you guys here pink at your scan..

on another note.. so i went to my 20 week scan yesterday and asked the doctor if my he was still a he, he said that he couldn't see a stick (the penis) and that all he could see was a mound. now my mind is playing tricks on me and i keep thinking maybe my last ultrasound was a mistake cause it was to early.. maybe it is a swollen labia, etc. should i just stop thinking like this and just know its a boy!! am i just wishful thinking?? anyways just needed to vent and get this out...

Oh no, how frustrating not knowing for sure! What was the U/S for? I would book a proper gender scan and get them to dissect those potty shots until they came up with a satisfying result. It would drive me crazy!

As for the potty shot you posted, I can't see a stick either but it does look like a little scrotum maybe hiding the stick because of the angle? But then again, I'm no expert and if the tech couldn't tell you for sure, what do I know?

Keeping my fingers crossed it was wrong though and this is your little girl. x

GreaseMonkey
March 5th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Carameline, Grease and PFP, deep breath, have faith, you have 50/50 chance when you fall pregnant, when nub is girlie, chances increase, so I think all of you have a good chance of hearing girl. I know it's going to be impossible, but try not to stress too much. Thinking of you this weekend and can't wait to hear the results! x

That's why I am beating myself up and DH too lol GD was the only reason why I didn't want a 3rd baby. I couldn't stand the thought of treating my child like I did DS#2 :( I did my duty because I had to not because I wanted too!! It wasn't until 6 months had gone by that I started developing feelings and fell madly in love with him. I didn't want to put another human being what I put my baby through :( Then I get pregnant without knowing it!! I hope it's a girl, I am praying for a healthy baby girl!! It would be devastating to hear boy :(

tandjmom
March 5th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Oh no, how frustrating not knowing for sure! What was the U/S for? I would book a proper gender scan and get them to dissect those potty shots until they came up with a satisfying result. It would drive me crazy!

As for the potty shot you posted, I can't see a stick either but it does look like a little scrotum maybe hiding the stick because of the angle? But then again, I'm no expert and if the tech couldn't tell you for sure, what do I know?

Keeping my fingers crossed it was wrong though and this is your little girl. x

Yeah I think it is a scrotum also hiding the stick... But it's just so frustrating to not hear the right language bc it makes me think there is a chance when I know in my heart and gut there is no chance. I have already accepted and I am excited for this new little guy, and this recent ultrasound messed me up
Again! The only thing that is sort of making having another boy okay is that my husband agreed to go HT next time... Anyways thanks for replying and congrats on your sweet baby girl. You are so truly blessed

tandjmom
March 5th, 2014, 06:55 PM
That's exactly how I felt! With the boys I just knew it was a boy, but this time I actually thought this is my girl. I remember txting my dh and saying I really want to buy this outfit because this is the first time I know its a girl. I was still waiting for the blood test results to come back. So I think there is something to your intuition!!
It is seriously so hard to distinguish intense desire with feeling and intuition.. I really struggled with that as well.. It's like my mind kept going back and forth from "this is it, it's my girl, I feel it" and then on weird days, I would say " there is no way I could ever have such luck, it is prob a boy" why does this happen !! Anyways just to back up what you guys are saying in the back back back of mind and gut I knew it was another boy, but my strong desire for a girl tried to convince me otherwise.. My gut was correct as hard as it was to admit.. All we can do is accept and keep praying that one day we will be given our miracle. And you got it! What a blessing

aidansmum
March 5th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Yeah I think it is a scrotum also hiding the stick... But it's just so frustrating to not hear the right language bc it makes me think there is a chance when I know in my heart and gut there is no chance. I have already accepted and I am excited for this new little guy, and this recent ultrasound messed me up
Again! The only thing that is sort of making having another boy okay is that my husband agreed to go HT next time... Anyways thanks for replying and congrats on your sweet baby girl. You are so truly blessed

It's a good thing you guys decided to go HT next time. I would have if I'd had the money, but we decided it would be too costly. But it is a huge relief to have that certainty that next time you are guaranteed a little girl. I'm glad I heard pink or I would be kicking myself for not going HT as this is definitely my last one, no other chances.

aidansmum
March 5th, 2014, 07:23 PM
That's why I am beating myself up and DH too lol GD was the only reason why I didn't want a 3rd baby. I couldn't stand the thought of treating my child like I did DS#2 :( I did my duty because I had to not because I wanted too!! It wasn't until 6 months had gone by that I started developing feelings and fell madly in love with him. I didn't want to put another human being what I put my baby through :( Then I get pregnant without knowing it!! I hope it's a girl, I am praying for a healthy baby girl!! It would be devastating to hear boy :(

Sorry to hear your GD was too bad with DS2 :( I really hope you hear pink this time. x

GreaseMonkey
March 5th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Sorry to hear your GD was too bad with DS2 :( I really hope you hear pink this time. x

It was, it was horrible. I was living with my in laws, my husband was in Pakistan for a year so he wasn't there. My in laws and I barely knew each other and they opened their home to us and I will forever be grateful to them!!!! My MIL is very religious, and so is my FIL. MIL stood by me, cried with me, laughed with me and supported me without judging me..Not ONCE has she said to me I am a horrible person and I shouldn't be thinking like this etc how other people would have definitely done (including my own mother). She understood, she finally understood my GD and if she could understand it and support me through it then I guarantee you that others will understand!! I am seeing more and more people coming out with GD!! There was even a story on yahoo about this.
Point being, we all have GD in some shape or form, some have it bad, some have it a bit and some have a desire. We just have to pick ourselves up and hold our head high and say we are human we will get through this!!

GreaseMonkey
March 5th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Oh gosh, didn't realize how long it was, I am so sorry :oops:

Mumto3boys
March 5th, 2014, 11:44 PM
My scan is booked for next week! Wed March 12th!... Eeekk... My head is in a spin, has it grown a penis in 4 weeks? I so hope not. Intuition? I'm scared to even trust it because I've always felt I'd have a girl but each time it has made me doubt every feeling. So instead I asked my husband before the other earlier scan and he sad its a girl. The ultrasound said girl. My mind still says yeah right! lol... even if they say girl again I'll still be doubtful unless a 3D scan shows her below then I'll believe it haha

aidansmum
March 6th, 2014, 12:39 AM
I'm sure she'll still be a girl mumto3boys! Post pics of your little pink bundle when you get them? My U/S is the day before yours, also scared my LO will grow a penis lol We must be all crazy!

Gpkm
March 6th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Prayforprincess my appointment is at 3pm uk time on Saturday. Only 2 more nights to wait. All my pregnancies have been similar so I have no gut feeling if it's a boy or girl. I don't know if I'm just trying to protect myself with thinking its a boy so that I'm not completely heart broken. I've been sick/constant nausea for all 4 pregnancies.

Pinkdreamz
March 6th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Hi girls, I'm fairly new to this sight and have just finished ready all previous posts. I'm praying for all who are going in for their scans, I hope you get your girls. I so badly want a girl. I teared up on the u/s table when I was told my third was a boy. The u/s lady walked away and gave me a moment. I felt I needed to go home and have a good cry and grieve for the girl I want so badly. When I got home I didn't cry. It never came. I just think how lucky I am to have children and I will have one more go. My little boy is an angel. I have this special, hard to explain bond with him. He's such a perfect baby, doesn't cry, he's happy and smiles constantly. I think someone was looking out for me because my second was extremely difficult! I'm going ht, I'm not taking the chance of going through life without a daughter. I'm feeling scared of making the wrong choice of clinic, what if it doesn't stick, what if I get twins... Feeling so confused right now. I love the support you girls give each other. No judgement just support, it's fantastic :)

snipsnsnails
March 6th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Just wondered is everyone now done having kids since most of us are on number 4? We are done but I must say it is still sad to think this chapter is going to be over for me. I know once she is here it's going to fly by....

snipsnsnails
March 6th, 2014, 07:38 AM
For all of those upcoming scans I am praying for you and have my fingers crossed you get your desired gender!!

momof3boyz11
March 6th, 2014, 07:56 AM
My scan is booked for next week! Wed March 12th!... Eeekk... My head is in a spin, has it grown a penis in 4 weeks? I so hope not. Intuition? I'm scared to even trust it because I've always felt I'd have a girl but each time it has made me doubt every feeling. So instead I asked my husband before the other earlier scan and he sad its a girl. The ultrasound said girl. My mind still says yeah right! lol... even if they say girl again I'll still be doubtful unless a 3D scan shows her below then I'll believe it haha

This is how I feel every time I go to the dr. They do a scan each time now and I always go in thinking what if she has grown a pee pee and is now a boy :) I have seen it but I am still not 100% believing it :)

momof3boyz11
March 6th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Just wondered is everyone now done having kids since most of us are on number 4? We are done but I must say it is still sad to think this chapter is going to be over for me. I know once she is here it's going to fly by....
We are done as well and it is very sad :(We went for number 4 and got a bonus and finally a girl in there with another baby boy! I think had it been one baby we would have stopped do it's good to know God had other plans for us ;)

carameline
March 6th, 2014, 08:14 AM

I know what you mean. However finding out there's two has made me realise I am DONE. I don't care if there's two hairy gorillas in there! I just can't be this sick again. We're just gonna have to savour every last moment with our final babes :)

dreams529
March 6th, 2014, 09:45 AM
I want to be done. I'd like to think if this was a girl I'd be done for sure but I just don't know. I don't think its so much about the desire to have a girl because I do have one I think its hard for me to close this chapter in my life. I was sure that once we got pregnant with this one this would be it but, lately I do find myself wondering about one more. Keep reminding myself I have just barely hit the halfway mark & to put the thought of another away & enjoy this moment in time. Especially since this has not been an easy pregnancy.

Really starting to feel baby move a lot more now & getting really strong kicks. Yesterday was also the first day since Thanksgiving that I had zero nausea! OMG it was amazing!!!!!!! LOL I lost a few lbs with the bronchitis I had & now since yesterday I am so hungry & cannot stop eating.

Fingers crossed for all of you with upcoming scans & praying you hear girl. I have a scan on Monday as well but I already know its a boy so I'm just excited to see him again & hoping I can get a good 3d shot to show my other kids. Have not told them baby is a boy yet but I have been working on my DD to get her excited about this being a boy, really hope she takes this well. Either way kids are on break next week so I'm taking them to Disney. Hoping that will ease any lasting GD for all of us.

GreaseMonkey
March 6th, 2014, 10:42 AM
I am 1000000000% DONE!!!!! No ifs ands or buts!! I can't do it anymore and traveling every 3 years is hard on its own without adding more kids to it!! I would like to be semi young when the kids are out of the house so I can enjoy life with my husband alone, just the 2 of us!
He plans on staying in this lifestyle long after he retires and it would be fun to travel together and enjoy life :)

from2to3
March 6th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Good luck ladies with your ultrasounds!! I'll be thinking about you. :)

We are for sure done, I still sometimes am surprised we went for three, especially my husband. We were going to only have two, and honestly if we hadn't gotten pregnant the first month of trying I'm not sure if we would have kept trying very long. This baby was meant to be! I pray, pray, pray this one makes us feel complete and is the perfect fit to our family!

Lately I've been really nervous about gender, and then I feel like an a$$ and get mad at myself and freak out that something is going to happen to this baby. I'm almost nervous because our first two babies and pregnancies were healthy (tho my first was 3-4 wks early he was healthy) and I keep hearing super sad stories about people going to in their appointment and finding they lost their baby late in pregnancy :( It breaks my heart. I can't wait until I feel this baby move a lot. I think I've felt it a few times the past couple weeks, but I kept thinking I felt a baby move after DS2 was born because I felt movement a lot so I don't know if its baby or bowels. Lol

tandjmom
March 6th, 2014, 12:55 PM
We are not done! I always said I will have three kids, but since I found out # 3 was another little boy.. I haven't stopped thinking about having a little girl.. I can't bear not knowing the next time so we are going high tech.. I really want to enjoy this pregnancy and not be thinking about my next one being a girl. So I will do that..
Any of you with three of same gender .. Can you share your experience and thoughta after # 3 was born.. Did you get over the GD? Did you start swaying or trying for a girl?

GreaseMonkey
March 6th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Good luck ladies with your ultrasounds!! I'll be thinking about you. :)

We are for sure done, I still sometimes am surprised we went for three, especially my husband. We were going to only have two, and honestly if we hadn't gotten pregnant the first month of trying I'm not sure if we would have kept trying very long. This baby was meant to be! I pray, pray, pray this one makes us feel complete and is the perfect fit to our family!

Lately I've been really nervous about gender, and then I feel like an a$$ and get mad at myself and freak out that something is going to happen to this baby. I'm almost nervous because our first two babies and pregnancies were healthy (tho my first was 3-4 wks early he was healthy) and I keep hearing super sad stories about people going to in their appointment and finding they lost their baby late in pregnancy :( It breaks my heart. I can't wait until I feel this baby move a lot. I think I've felt it a few times the past couple weeks, but I kept thinking I felt a baby move after DS2 was born because I felt movement a lot so I don't know if its baby or bowels. Lol

Gosh, I could have written your post word for word. Still haven't felt the baby move and I keep having nightmares about going in on Wednesday and given the dreaded news that baby stopped growing :'( And then I get mad at myself for ever wishing this baby was anything BUT healthy :(

aidansmum
March 6th, 2014, 03:33 PM
I am definitely done! Will tie my tubes and all! This is my 4th child and that's a good number. DS#3 was meant to be my last one, the decision of having another way came from 1. I so wanted a little girl and 2. My first 2 are grown up men and I didn't want my 3 year old to grow up with ageing parents without a sibbling. So, we changed our minds and decided to go for number 4, but knowing all along the desire came more from me than DH, he was more than happy with just our toddler. I also tossed between yes and no for a year before deciding, I knew that if I could guarantee a girl the decision would have been much easier, but HT was out of the question for money reasons, so I took a leap of faith, and it paid off and I'm very happy, but it is definitely my last one.

aidansmum
March 6th, 2014, 03:36 PM
I have a question, do your little girls move less than the boys? I am 20 weeks now and even though I feel a few flutters and stirring, my boys were more active in the tummy, or is it still too soon to feel the real knee/elbow push? I can't remember. It just worries me sometimes cause she seems to be so quiet! I use a doppler everyday to hear her heartbeat, so I know she must be fine, but it worries me not having a little contortionist in there like my last boy was (the other 2 I can't remember much, too long ago).

GreaseMonkey
March 6th, 2014, 03:48 PM
I don't really feel anything but then again last time my placenta was in the front and not sure if it moved at all for me to be able to feel him/her

prayforprincess
March 6th, 2014, 04:51 PM
It's a good thing you guys decided to go HT next time. I would have if I'd had the money, but we decided it would be too costly. But it is a huge relief to have that certainty that next time you are guaranteed a little girl. I'm glad I heard pink or I would be kicking myself for not going HT as this is definitely my last one, no other chances.

Don't say guaranteed. With HT there is NO guarantee. Look at me!
Yes, If you have "normal" xx embryos and if they implant and if you give birth and don't miscarry - then yes, you'll have a girl.
But there is a loooooooong if-y road before that happens. I tell everyone, and in both my experience and many many others - if you can't afford to do ht at least 2x - then I would not recommend it at all. The 1st one is always nearly a trial with you to begin with. Your doctor is not going to know how you will respond to the stims and therefore be very conservative. Many and most do not have success with try #1.
I thought because I was young and could get pg so easily on my own that going ht would be a for sure thing. There was no way I ever imagined it wouldn't work and I could possibly have a boy - after ds3 I knew my 4th would be a girl because I was going ht. But as you can see that just was not so.
Just because you are healthy and get pg on your own, does not mean you will have good embryos going ht.
It really a hard hard road - I can't even begin to explain. And I would talk to someone who's walked down it and really really know what you are walking into before beginning that journey because it can be utterly heartbreaking.

prayforprincess
March 6th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I'm done done. This pregnancy I have felt so miserable and sick and depressed - I told my dh, boy or girl we are done. I don't wanna be pregnant again.
I will just have to cherish babyness for the last time this time!
Unless we have an oops -- I am done with 4!

prayforprincess
March 6th, 2014, 04:59 PM
So lets tally scans this week:

Gpkm: Saturday
Carameline & prayforprincess: Sunday
Greasemonkey & Mumto3boys: Wednesday

Have I missed anyone??
And we are ALL looking to hear pink!!!

dreams529
March 6th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I have a question, do your little girls move less than the boys? I am 20 weeks now and even though I feel a few flutters and stirring, my boys were more active in the tummy, or is it still too soon to feel the real knee/elbow push? I can't remember. It just worries me sometimes cause she seems to be so quiet! I use a doppler everyday to hear her heartbeat, so I know she must be fine, but it worries me not having a little contortionist in there like my last boy was (the other 2 I can't remember much, too long ago).

Aidansmum I really do think it is more about each child than gender. All 4 of my other kids were MUCH more active earlier on than this one. I am just barely feeling baby now(I'm just about 20 weeks) & yesterday was the first real good kick that DH would've been able to feel if he was home. I know that this child tends to stay very balled up & has always seemed to move away when I try to hear heartbeat. DH & I were just talking about all of this yesterday & I told him I think we might finally have a calm easy baby I'm sure your little princess is probably the same & just really calm & mellow. I guess we should hope that these LO's stay that way & don't become wild & crazy nonsleepers once they are born! LOL!!

GreaseMonkey
March 6th, 2014, 06:23 PM
PFP mine is on the 12th on Wednesday with M23boys :)

GreaseMonkey
March 6th, 2014, 06:24 PM
And the more I look at my picture the more I am thinking boy lol It's looking up not straight :/

prayforprincess
March 6th, 2014, 06:31 PM
And the more I look at my picture the more I am thinking boy lol It's looking up not straight :/

Don't say that -- you have such a good chance of hearing pink!!!
Clearly we never know til the u/s - but didn't the doc even tell you it looked girl at 13 wks?

GreaseMonkey
March 6th, 2014, 06:41 PM
He said he didn't think it was a boy but look at my picture!! The 2 line nub at the end is starting to point up doesn't it?

aidansmum
March 6th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Just came back from the Doctor who is an angel and got his U/S going for me to have a look at my little bub, and YES, it is a SHE, he didn't take a picture but he showed me the potty shot and there are very clear 3 lines and nothing sticking out, he said 'this is your little girl, so you can stop stressing' lol He is an angel! I got a 20 week scan on tuesday and can say I'll never have enough of looking at her!

My scan is on 11/3 - tuesday, to add to all the other scans :)

aidansmum
March 6th, 2014, 07:19 PM
He said he didn't think it was a boy but look at my picture!! The 2 line nub at the end is starting to point up doesn't it?

Grease, I still think it could be a girl, I honestly do, I am thinking of all you girls finding the gender this week and sending you lots of hugs and calm thoughts! xx

GreaseMonkey
March 6th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Yeah for a baby girl AM

Wow it's going to be a busy week for all of us!!! I can't wait :bigsmile:

GreaseMonkey
March 6th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Grease, I still think it could be a girl, I honestly do, I am thinking of all you girls finding the gender this week and sending you lots of hugs and calm thoughts! xx

I hope so, IG girls seem to swear up and down it's a girl but I am having a really, really hard time believing it :( Wednesday needs to hurry up and get here :D

gafan
March 6th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks for posting this info on HT, prayforprincess. It sounds like such a challenging and expensive process. The success rates don't seem as high as I'd hoped.
I thought that this would be my only pregnancy and only baby. At 35 and with how expensive babies are we'll probably just have one. But ever since I heard boy I have been also wondering if I could have another chance at a daughter. DH tried to be sweet and say that we could adopt a girl. Maybe.
For now I am slowly bonding to my baby son. I've been feeling some kicking : )

I, too, am trying to just remind myself to put the thought of another away and just enjoy this one. Who knows, maybe I'll try for another some day, but even with HT there are no guarantees.

Mumto3boys
March 6th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I couldn't have written that better myself, I know exactly where you are right now except my husband wanted to roll the dice and try one more time this time with complete devotion to swaying with both of us on board - if not then HT for us next time for certain. Good luck with your journey.
Hi girls, I'm fairly new to this sight and have just finished ready all previous posts. I'm praying for all who are going in for their scans, I hope you get your girls. I so badly want a girl. I teared up on the u/s table when I was told my third was a boy. The u/s lady walked away and gave me a moment. I felt I needed to go home and have a good cry and grieve for the girl I want so badly. When I got home I didn't cry. It never came. I just think how lucky I am to have children and I will have one more go. My little boy is an angel. I have this special, hard to explain bond with him. He's such a perfect baby, doesn't cry, he's happy and smiles constantly. I think someone was looking out for me because my second was extremely difficult! I'm going ht, I'm not taking the chance of going through life without a daughter. I'm feeling scared of making the wrong choice of clinic, what if it doesn't stick, what if I get twins... Feeling so confused right now. I love the support you girls give each other. No judgement just support, it's fantastic :)

tandjmom
March 7th, 2014, 02:21 AM

I could not relate more to what you just wrote here.. When I found out just a few weeks ago that this was my third boy it was like the whole room turned black.. I couldn't even hear my doctor or think, or make the next appt. I felt so horrible about my reaction of nothingness that I got to my car and cried.. I got sad and then I went home and felt like is was totally okay. It's so beautiful to hear this connection with your third little one it makes me so happy and excited about meeting my little guy. I never in a million years thought having children and gender would lead me through such a wild emotional ride.. We did HT first time around and it didn't work.. We are going to do another time in a few years or when this new baby is prob 1 .. And I have the same questions clinic, will it work,, it's a whole new roller coaster. I have decided to just see it like this : I will have my three boys and it's perfect.. I will do my very best with ht and if it works it will be my miracle .. But there will be no stress or expectations .. And then .. There is always the option of adopting a little girl( I haven't discussed this one yet ) haha anyways best of luck and thanks for posting

tandjmom
March 7th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Yes, If you have "normal" xx embryos and if they implant and if you give birth and don't miscarry - then yes, you'll have a girl.
But there is a loooooooong if-y road before that happens. I tell everyone, and in both my experience and many many others - if you can't afford to do ht at least 2x - then I would not recommend it at all. The 1st one is always nearly a trial with you to begin with. Your doctor is not going to know how you will respond to the stims and therefore be very conservative. Many and most do not have success with try #1.
I thought because I was young and could get pg so easily on my own that going ht would be a for sure thing. There was no way I ever imagined it wouldn't work and I could possibly have a boy - after ds3 I knew my 4th would be a girl because I was going ht. But as you can see that just was not so.
Just because you are healthy and get pg on your own, does not mean you will have good embryos going ht.
It really a hard hard road - I can't even begin to explain. And I would talk to someone who's walked down it and really really know what you are walking into before beginning that journey because it can be utterly heartbreaking.

Thanks for posting this.. It is so true..
I did it once and it didn't work.. It was such a heartbreaking experience that I said I would never do it again.. And here I am pregnant with my third boy already thinking about going for it again... Part of me feels so scared and part of me just thinks we will just go into it with calm clear heart and see what happens .. The first time I went in just like you mention.. I thought it was a done deal.. And after going through it I really have a place in my heart for all the women going through infertility.. It was one of the most heartbreaking experiences ever.

Anyways this was a good reminder of just how tuff that road can be and with god having a part always... Even high tech is an act of god gracing you with a miracle of you get your chosen gender...

carameline
March 7th, 2014, 03:14 AM
Eeek... getting more nervous as the days go by. I'm getting all caught up in old wives tales(which I know are supposed to be a load of rubbish but can't help stressing about them)- my bump is VERY low and in front, and i prefer savoury to sweet, both of which are 'boy' signs. I'm eager for Sunday, but at the same times kind of dont want to go! I don't want to feel the way I did after ds3's scan :(

carameline
March 7th, 2014, 03:20 AM
Just came back from the Doctor who is an angel and got his U/S going for me to have a look at my little bub, and YES, it is a SHE, he didn't take a picture but he showed me the potty shot and there are very clear 3 lines and nothing sticking out, he said 'this is your little girl, so you can stop stressing' lol He is an angel! I got a 20 week scan on tuesday and can say I'll never have enough of looking at her!

My scan is on 11/3 - tuesday, to add to all the other scans :)

Sounds like the nicest doctor ever! :)

maybebabythree
March 7th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Hello girls can I join you?

I am expecting my fourth after six years of wanting a dd and was on ig back before GD came into existence. I swayed hardcore for two years to get my ds who turned two yesterday. I to cried when I had my 20 week scan. Hard hard times.

I got a plan from atomic about a year ago but didn't sway this time :0/ due on the 17th of August and I have been following you all and lerking since I got my bfp!

Little Lunasa
March 7th, 2014, 07:03 AM

I am expecting my fourth after six years of wanting a dd and was on ig back before GD came into existence. I swayed hardcore for two years to get my ds who turned two yesterday. I to cried when I had my 20 week scan. Hard hard times.

I got a plan from atomic about a year ago but didn't sway this time :0/ due on the 17th of August and I have been following you all and lerking since I got my bfp!

Hi and welcome! :)

snipsnsnails
March 7th, 2014, 07:29 AM

I am so glad you wrote this post and I agree 100%! After I had Ds 3 I never really had gd because we decided I would probably do ht and guarantee to get my girl. It was good I was in that mind set so I could enjoy my baby boy and really enjoyed him. Once he was 20 months I researched ivf and started the appts, etc. my re thought it would work no problems because I was fertile myrtle. Well as we know I've has nothing to do with natural fertility and after 2 rounds and 8 months later I still had no dd. it was such a hard emotional process. I wish those luck that want to try but I knew I was done after the second transfer.

carameline
March 7th, 2014, 07:55 AM

Welcome maybebaby!

GreaseMonkey
March 7th, 2014, 08:00 AM

Congrats honey, I remember you from IG :) Welcome, I am due on the 19th :)

menlc611
March 7th, 2014, 08:41 AM

We are done after this baby (#4).. It's definitely bittersweet!!!

menlc611
March 7th, 2014, 08:46 AM

I feel like my girl moves twice as much as my boys.. They say at this stage babies sleep 14+ hours a day, but I swear I feel her ALL the time.. She even wakes me up at night moving so much.. Do you know if your placenta is posterior or anterior? That makes a difference!

I should also mention I'm 22w 3d so her movements are much more noticeable

maybebabythree
March 7th, 2014, 08:50 AM
I am going to be 40 next month. Because of my age, I have had three kids, I have had pre eclampsia and both mum and dad had dvts I might have to go on blood thinning injections! I have been broody since I had my first child ten years ago - but that news honestly killed all broody feelings.

I hope to god this is my last and I long for the 'never again, I'm complete' feeling

prayforprincess
March 7th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks for posting this.. It is so true..
I did it once and it didn't work.. It was such a heartbreaking experience that I said I would never do it again.. And here I am pregnant with my third boy already thinking about going for it again... Part of me feels so scared and part of me just thinks we will just go into it with calm clear heart and see what happens .. The first time I went in just like you mention.. I thought it was a done deal.. And after going through it I really have a place in my heart for all the women going through infertility.. It was one of the most heartbreaking experiences ever.

Anyways this was a good reminder of just how tuff that road can be and with god having a part always... Even high tech is an act of god gracing you with a miracle of you get your chosen gender...

HT..I don't want to say its addictive, because every time you go threw it and it fails you swear you'll never do it again because the pain is just so severe emotionally, financially, even on your body.
But yet I kept going because I was like "if I just do it one more time it has to work". For me it never did. And the real blow was my final time when the doctor called me before my transfer to tell me that I didn't even have any healthy females to transfer and asked if I still wanted to come in. I chose not to. It was the day of my son's huge 7th birthday party at the house where all our family and friends were coming over and I sat in the bathroom half the day and cried my eyes out. I just felt so defeated, it was over for me. And more than that -- I have 9 embryos fertilized, 3 normals males and 6 abnormal males...they were all boys!! I just knew ht would never work for me and how many times was I going to try over and over and waist sooooo much money. There came a point where I had to say "stop" and be done because it was emotionally tearing me apart and draining our finances (we spent over $60k!). But to say stop I knew that chances were if I had a baby on my own again it would probably be a boy. If I couldn't get a girl ht then what was my chances of ever conceiving one naturally?
I cried and cried at the thought of how difficult it was going to be to start giving up my dream of a daughter and imagining life without one.
I'm in tears just writing this now....

prayforprincess
March 7th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Eeek... getting more nervous as the days go by. I'm getting all caught up in old wives tales(which I know are supposed to be a load of rubbish but can't help stressing about them)- my bump is VERY low and in front, and i prefer savoury to sweet, both of which are 'boy' signs. I'm eager for Sunday, but at the same times kind of dont want to go! I don't want to feel the way I did after ds3's scan :(

I'm so terrified to feel that way to on Sunday. But with everything I've been through I think I'll be ok either way. I've begun the whole process of mourning the loss of the daughter I will probably never have a couple years ago. And slowly over all this time I have begun accepting the idea that I might never have a daughter and am expecting a 4th boy. So hopefully if I hear "boy" it won't be such a shock or downer. Of course I wish with all my heart its a girl - you have no idea (although on this board you all kinda do) -- but I've had time to prepare myself.
I know how terrified you are though, as much as you can emotionally be prepared its still hurtful giving up a dream for good, and there is something to be said for "its final now and there is no next time", you know?
I just hope no matter what, we all come to peace with our outcomes...

Mulberry Smurf
March 7th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Prayforprincess I really hope you hear pink on sun you deserve t so much xxx

bunnywabbit
March 7th, 2014, 09:48 AM

Hi maybebabythree and welcome! Do you know which you're having yet? Hoping you get your pink bundle x

tandjmom
March 7th, 2014, 01:59 PM
HT..I don't want to say its addictive, because every time you go threw it and it fails you swear you'll never do it again because the pain is just so severe emotionally, financially, even on your body.
But yet I kept going because I was like "if I just do it one more time it has to work". For me it never did. And the real blow was my final time when the doctor called me before my transfer to tell me that I didn't even have any healthy females to transfer and asked if I still wanted to come in. I chose not to. It was the day of my son's huge 7th birthday party at the house where all our family and friends were coming over and I sat in the bathroom half the day and cried my eyes out. I just felt so defeated, it was over for me. And more than that -- I have 9 embryos fertilized, 3 normals males and 6 abnormal males...they were all boys!! I just knew ht would never work for me and how many times was I going to try over and over and waist sooooo much money. There came a point where I had to say "stop" and be done because it was emotionally tearing me apart and draining our finances (we spent over $60k!). But to say stop I knew that chances were if I had a baby on my own again it would probably be a boy. If I couldn't get a girl ht then what was my chances of ever conceiving one naturally?
I cried and cried at the thought of how difficult it was going to be to start giving up my dream of a daughter and imagining life without one.
I'm in tears just writing this now....
what a story.. So sorry about there pain you have gone through on your journey.. I cannot even begin to imagine.. There are no words to say, as I know all we can do is sympathize with all the other women with same gender families who pray for their DG. You never know what God has planned for us.. So with all my heart I pray for you to have your miracle little girl in your belly. It sounds as if you have planned very well to hear either way. Again, thanks for sharing about your HT journey.. I think it benefits many women who think bc we are all fertile , that it will be a walk in the park. The doctors sometimes Give you a false sense of what the reality really is of going HT. Anyways, fingers crossed for you and sending you lots of love for your scan .

tandjmom
March 7th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Hi maybebabythree and welcome! Do you know which you're having yet? Hoping you get your pink bundle x

Welcome!! Xo

maybebabythree
March 7th, 2014, 03:34 PM

I had a NI DNA screening test with a draw of blood like maternity21 but with a different lab. I am do scared to belive my results. Three seperate ultra sounds confirm the sex but all before 17 weeks. We will see if it's right!

aidansmum
March 7th, 2014, 05:08 PM

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy! 17th August is my birthday! :) Fingers crossed it's your turn for a pink surprise! x

aidansmum
March 7th, 2014, 05:25 PM
PFP, thanks for the HT post. I did not go into it in details to find out what it entails, the website I went to made it sound pretty straight forward with high chances of your desired gender (at a very high cost!), but I had no idea how difficult the whole process can be. I'm glad I decided not to go there. I'm sorry for your heartbreak and emotional rollercoaster in this journey, and wish with all my heart this is your pink bundle. xx

Mumto3boys
March 7th, 2014, 07:00 PM
What got me through is having 3 boys or all of one sex made me feel unique. And when I see other couples with 3 girls or 3 boys we relate and have something instant to talk about. They also 'get it'. Its when I heard a mum say yeah its our 3rd girl and my husbands devastated. Everyone else gasped that he had this reaction and I said tell your husband hes not alone in his feelings. GD is very real for men too.
I could not relate more to what you just wrote here.. When I found out just a few weeks ago that this was my third boy it was like the whole room turned black.. I couldn't even hear my doctor or think, or make the next appt. I felt so horrible about my reaction of nothingness that I got to my car and cried.. I got sad and then I went home and felt like is was totally okay. It's so beautiful to hear this connection with your third little one it makes me so happy and excited about meeting my little guy. I never in a million years thought having children and gender would lead me through such a wild emotional ride.. We did HT first time around and it didn't work.. We are going to do another time in a few years or when this new baby is prob 1 .. And I have the same questions clinic, will it work,, it's a whole new roller coaster. I have decided to just see it like this : I will have my three boys and it's perfect.. I will do my very best with ht and if it works it will be my miracle .. But there will be no stress or expectations .. And then .. There is always the option of adopting a little girl( I haven't discussed this one yet ) haha anyways best of luck and thanks for posting

Mumto3boys
March 7th, 2014, 07:08 PM
All the best for your scan, for me I don't want them to say it I want them to write it so that I can open it later on my own with my husband - either way there will be tears. Don't mourn just yet, have faith xo
I'm so terrified to feel that way to on Sunday. But with everything I've been through I think I'll be ok either way. I've begun the whole process of mourning the loss of the daughter I will probably never have a couple years ago. And slowly over all this time I have begun accepting the idea that I might never have a daughter and am expecting a 4th boy. So hopefully if I hear "boy" it won't be such a shock or downer. Of course I wish with all my heart its a girl - you have no idea (although on this board you all kinda do) -- but I've had time to prepare myself.
I know how terrified you are though, as much as you can emotionally be prepared its still hurtful giving up a dream for good, and there is something to be said for "its final now and there is no next time", you know?
I just hope no matter what, we all come to peace with our outcomes...

momof3boyz11
March 7th, 2014, 07:58 PM
:fx:Good luck with your scans this weekend ladies! I will be out hitting a ton of local consignment sales but will be thinking about all of you and praying your results are all that you hope for!!!
Fingers crossed!!!!

Gpkm
March 8th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Can't wait for this afternoon, I am so excited/ scared to hear what the scan says. The boys are coming with aswell to meet there baby brother or sister. Im still praying it will say girl but after the nimble diagonistic test saying boy I'm
Being realistic. (Although I very possibly contaminated my blood with male DNA from under my finger nails and bedside cabinet)
Only 7 more hours and hopefully I will know one way or the other. I too try pgd/ivf and thought before I started I because I fall pregnant so easily this will work first time it unfortunetly didn't and I couldn't go through with it again and not get pregnant.

carameline
March 8th, 2014, 04:05 AM
Thinking of you gpkm. I hope you hear pink, and if not, that you still feel at peace and happy with another boy. I am praying this is how I will feel tomorrow. I feel very anxious.

bunnywabbit
March 8th, 2014, 04:17 AM
Good luck on your scan gpkm! Got my fingers crossed for you x

GreaseMonkey
March 8th, 2014, 04:41 AM
Can't wait for this afternoon, I am so excited/ scared to hear what the scan says. The boys are coming with aswell to meet there baby brother or sister. Im still praying it will say girl but after the nimble diagonistic test saying boy I'm
Being realistic. (Although I very possibly contaminated my blood with male DNA from under my finger nails and bedside cabinet)
Only 7 more hours and hopefully I will know one way or the other. I too try pgd/ivf and thought before I started I because I fall pregnant so easily this will work first time it unfortunetly didn't and I couldn't go through with it again and not get pregnant.

Good luck honey, will be thinking of you :HH:

prayforprincess
March 8th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Can't wait to hear Gpkm! Wish you all the luck!

menlc611
March 8th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Good luck gpkm!!

GreaseMonkey
March 8th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Any news? Anxiously awaiting for news :HH:

momof3boyz11
March 8th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Any news? Anxiously awaiting for news :HH:
Me too!

maybebabythree
March 8th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Good luck!

prayforprincess
March 8th, 2014, 01:40 PM
I need to get a life....I think I've checked now over 5 times!

carameline
March 8th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Stalking!

How you feeling pfp? I feel incredibly nervous x

momof3boyz11
March 8th, 2014, 02:38 PM
So have I lol

tandjmom
March 8th, 2014, 02:44 PM
gpkm--- good luck, even though i am l little late..

Gpkm
March 8th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Well my precious baby decided to be shy and wouldn't open there legs so I'm going back in a week for them to check again.

maybebabythree
March 8th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Shy baby! Mine had its legs spread all through the femur measurements then crossed them for the gender guess too!

At least you get to try again x

Bigwish
March 8th, 2014, 03:22 PM
O gpkm, that must be nervre wrecking!
Hope she/he'll let 'it' see next time!

Pfp, carameline, i'm stalking you! How late is your scan (please timezone ;-))??

prayforprincess
March 8th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I am so damn nervous I can't even say.
I have already cried a few times just from the anxiety.
I feel like no matter what I hear tomorrow it will be a relief just to know.
Honestly I am terrified.

Bigwish
March 8th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Goodluck hun! Just let the tears out!
Praying you'll hear pink!!

carameline
March 8th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Ah gpkm! Can't believe it! Maybe it's a girl and she's already upto mischief ;)

Pfp... ((Hugs)). I am the same. I feel very scared of feeling unhappy with the outcome, if that makes sense?! I just want to feel at peace.

carameline
March 8th, 2014, 04:28 PM
O gpkm, that must be nervre wrecking!
Hope she/he'll let 'it' see next time!

Pfp, carameline, i'm stalking you! How late is your scan (please timezone ;-))??

Biggish mine is at 1pm (London time). I'm going out for dinner with DH straight after but will do my best to update in between.

carameline
March 8th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Lol at the autocorrect! Bigwish not biggish :)

GreaseMonkey
March 8th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Ahhh G little one is up to no good already lol

GreaseMonkey
March 8th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Carameline and PFP I will be out in the afternoon but I will be stalking er I mean following you all when I get back....I have everything I can and can't, crossed for you girls :bigsmile::HH:

gafan
March 8th, 2014, 06:04 PM
:luck: :luck: Good luck PFP and Carameline! keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping you both find peace no matter what you learn.

prayforprincess
March 8th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Well my precious baby decided to be shy and wouldn't open there legs so I'm going back in a week for them to check again.

Oh my goodness that would drive me mad. Just waiting for the u/s then not finding out and having to go through the wait again for another week.
Prop's to you -- I would be going crazy.
Hopefully the little one opens up for next weeks scan

prayforprincess
March 8th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Ah gpkm! Can't believe it! Maybe it's a girl and she's already upto mischief ;)

Pfp... ((Hugs)). I am the same. I feel very scared of feeling unhappy with the outcome, if that makes sense?! I just want to feel at peace.

I honestly think you have nothing to worry about. For sure there is a girl in there and I'd bet a million there is 2 -- that's how sure I am of your u/s pics.

gafan
March 8th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Gkpm- ooh, now you have the anxiety of waiting another week : /
I don't know if you'd feel the way I did but I kind of wish I had one more week to still think he may be a girl. But the waiting is so tough!
Good luck!!

prayforprincess
March 8th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Biggish mine is at 1pm (London time). I'm going out for dinner with DH straight after but will do my best to update in between.

I'll be checking your update on my car ride to my u/s...probably around 11am my time, which is 4pm your time!

prayforprincess
March 8th, 2014, 06:11 PM

11:30am eastern standard time.

maybebabythree
March 8th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Good luck p4p and carameline x

momof3boyz11
March 8th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Good luck tomorrow you guys! I hope you hear girl p4p and carameline I think you're having 2 girls :)

from2to3
March 8th, 2014, 09:32 PM

Oh no! Lol, that is so hard! My DS1 did that to us...it took three ultrasounds to finally find out what he was when I was 28 weeks!! Hope you find out next week!

Good luck tomorrow ladies!!

tandjmom
March 9th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Good luck tomorrow.. All those nervous feelings are resurfacing.. Rest well.. Hope you both hear pink!!!

Gpkm
March 9th, 2014, 03:07 AM
Good luck pfp and Carmeline. Hope you both hear girl x

aidansmum
March 9th, 2014, 03:14 AM
Gpkm, that's so unfair! Sorry your lo didn't cooperate....shy baby, maybe a girl?

Carameline and PFP, crossing everything to you tomorrow. Will be stalking as well. x

Kittybear
March 9th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Good luck to the ladies having their scans today! :) xx

prayforprincess
March 9th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Ok, so I just wanted to check in before jumping in the shower.
I am scared to death and keep thinking it is absolutely a boy. Although I feel prepared it'll still hurt hearing boy and knowing I'll never have a daughter. Guess I won't know how I'll deal until I have to, you know?
Ahhh, I'm really terrified. Most of all I'm scared they will be wrong or something.
Like tell me boy, but its really swollen parts and then I find out at my 18 wk u/s in the hospital that its really a girl and I've been crushed all this time. Or visa versa. I just want the guarantee of gender so I can deal with my emotions and stop this seesaw of feelings I've been having.
I'll post later -- I feel like I'll be a different person once knowing. Its like, your last child and this is it -- whatever it is, this is your family now for life. There's no more tries for this gender or that...this is it!

Dreamofpink
March 9th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Ok, so I just wanted to check in before jumping in the shower.
I am scared to death and keep thinking it is absolutely a boy. Although I feel prepared it'll still hurt hearing boy and knowing I'll never have a daughter. Guess I won't know how I'll deal until I have to, you know?
Ahhh, I'm really terrified. Most of all I'm scared they will be wrong or something.
Like tell me boy, but its really swollen parts and then I find out at my 18 wk u/s in the hospital that its really a girl and I've been crushed all this time. Or visa versa. I just want the guarantee of gender so I can deal with my emotions and stop this seesaw of feelings I've been having.
I'll post later -- I feel like I'll be a different person once knowing. Its like, your last child and this is it -- whatever it is, this is your family now for life. There's no more tries for this gender or that...this is it!

Best of luck Prayforprincess!! :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

NCBeachyGrl
March 9th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Good luck PFP!!!!!!

maybebabythree
March 9th, 2014, 08:28 AM
I know exactly how you feel p4p. I'm not having anymore kids. I'm 40 nextonth and I'm always high risk at the best of times in pg. five was never on the cards for us either. I felt like I was going in for open heart surgery when I had my us with ds 3. I was terrified.

I won't be able to belive anything now till baby is born or I get unrefutatable evidence!

Good luck, we have our fingers crossed x