PDA

View Full Version : JUNE/JULY/AUGUST 2014 DUE DATE CLUB- THREAD #2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Little Lunasa
January 19th, 2014, 11:37 AM
As requested by Nuthinbutpink here is thread no 2 for anyone due in June/July/August 2014 :)

GreaseMonkey
January 19th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Sweet, 105 pages was too long lol

Well I started bleeding heavily last night again and I had to leave the party that we were at to come home because it was too much :/ It makes me mad that I can't go to the ER to get checked out to make sure my little one is still ok. I would hate to go to London in 2 weeks only to find out things are not ok :( Thankfully, today the bleeding hasn't been as bad as it was last night, I am hoping it's just the bleed dissolving from my body!!

Little Lunasa
January 19th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Sweet, 105 pages was too long lol

Well I started bleeding heavily last night again and I had to leave the party that we were at to come home because it was too much :/ It makes me mad that I can't go to the ER to get checked out to make sure my little one is still ok. I would hate to go to London in 2 weeks only to find out things are not ok :( Thankfully, today the bleeding hasn't been as bad as it was last night, I am hoping it's just the bleed dissolving from my body!!

we're a chatty bunch :)
Hope everything's ok for you greasemonkey
x

from2to3
January 19th, 2014, 03:12 PM
I'm sorry GreaseMonkey :( Hope everything is ok. Any type of bleeding during pregnancy is scary!! You've already have had enough scary moments!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

dreams529
January 19th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Oh no greasemonkey. Hope the bleed stops & all is OK. Fingers crossed for you & baby both!

aidansmum
January 19th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Sorry to hear you are bleeding again Greasemonkey, you certainly had enough scares for one pregnancy. I really pray it stops for good and all is well with your little one. :hug2:

We certainly are a chatty bunch aren't we? :trips:

I have my Harmony test today. So glad my Doctor said I can skip amnio and go straight to blood test. My NT was fine but Doctor prefers to know for sure because of my age, I would oppose to an amnio in that case, but I'll get the Harmony done as there's no harm at all, and soon we'll find out what I'm having, can't wait but also soooooo afraid of hearing boy again. Please, please, please, let it be girl, just this once. :pray:

bunnywabbit
January 19th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Wish I knew a new page was to be started! That was fast!

Let me know if you'd like me to add you to the listing (or of course update your listing when needed). All the best with your pregnancies!

--------------

:luck: JUNE 2014 :luck:

Username: Dreamingof2girls
Due Date: 28 May
Swayed: :ttcgirl:
Expecting: :ttcboy:
Sway thread:

Username: snipsnsnails
Due Date: 30 May
Expecting: :ttcgirl:
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/37053-snipsnsnails-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: Pinkone
Due Date: 2 June
Expecting:
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/34685-pinkone-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: GT77
Due Date: 15 June
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/35047-gt77-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: Cottontales
Due Date: 16 June
Sway thread:

Username: Jessila
Due Date: 16 June
Sway thread:

Username: 2bnaday
Due Date: 17 June
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/36160-2bnaday-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: bunnywabbit
Due Date: 24 June
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/35834-bunnywabbit-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: Pumpkin2011
Due Date: 29 June
Expecting: :ttcgirl: :ttcboy:
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/35972-pumpkin2011-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: KikiCal
Swayed: :ttcboy:
Expecting:
Sway thread:

Username: savygrl99
Expecting:
Sway thread:

Username: Mum3blue
Due Date: 30 June
Sway thread:

Username: Quinn31
Due Date: 30 June
Sway thread:

--------------

:luck: JULY 2014 :luck:

Username: menlc611
Due Date: 6 July
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/39449-menlc611-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: bbgdreaming
Due Date: 8 July
Expecting:
Sway thread:

Username: TTCPink
Due Date: 13 July
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/36725-ttcpink-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: tandjmom
Due Date: 17 July
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/36522-tandjmom-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: momof3boyz11
Due Date: 18 July
Expecting: :ttcgirl::ttcboy:
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/36266-momof3boyz11-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: gafan
Due Date: 18 July
Sway thread:

Username: ashplus4
Due Date: 22 July
Expecting:
Sway thread:

Username: jen75
Due Date: 23 July
Sway thread:

Username: a&jmummy
Due Date: 24 July
Expecting:
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-boy-sway/37175-amp;jmummy-ttc-boy-sway-attempt.html

Username: aidansmum
Due Date: 26 July
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/36526-aidansmum-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: dreams529
Due Date: 27 July
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/38039-dreams529-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: jmm0616
Due Date: 27 July
Sway thread:

Username: Havingmyfirstbaby
Due Date: 28 July
Swayed:
Expecting:
Sway thread:

Username: Little Lunasa
Due Date: 30 July
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/37594-little-lunasa-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

--------------

:luck: AUGUST 2014 :luck:

Username: Mumto3boys
Due Date: 6 August
Sway thread:

Username: Bigwish
Due Date: 15 August
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/37898-bigwish-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: maybebabythree
Due Date: 17 August
Expecting:
Sway thread:

Username: GreaseMonkey
Due Date: 22 August
Sway thread:

Username: Cdurkin12
Due Date: 23 August
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-boy-sway/38987-ttc-boy-sway.html

Username: Gpgm
Due Date: 24 August
Expecting:
Sway thread:

Username: from2to3
Due Date: 25 August
Expecting:
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/38269-from2to3-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: prayforprincess
Due Date: 25 August
Would Like: :ttcgirl:
Expecting:
Sway thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/38620-prayforprincess-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

Username: carameline
Due Date: 26 August
Expecting: :ttcgirl: :ttcgirl:
Sway thread:

Username: Mrscaulfield
Due Date: 31 August
Expecting:
Sway thread:

--------------

bunnywabbit
January 19th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I'm so sorry you're going through this GreaseMonkey. Are there no checks they can do for you at all over there? Surely they can do an ultrasound for you to at least see if there's a heartbeat...

jmm0616
January 20th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Well, I got my gender blood test results in today. It's horrible because they leave the results on an answering service that you call and call until your mailbox has a message. That made it so much more difficult to hear "It's a boy!" I think I am still in shock/disbelief. I was doing so good at guarding myself from thinking it could be a girl (wouldn't let myself think of names, look at anything girly, even talk about my desires for one to some of my closest friends), but the past few days, I had a change of heart and started feeling like maybe it actually could be a lil pink bundle, but nope - my gut was right from the beginning and here we are.....We have had a tough time with our second DS - just colic, cranky, horrible time with teething - just really unhappy all of the time, that I have thought I am just not sure how I will do this with another boy. At least with a girl, it would be a different and new experience (although I know it would still be tough, but at least different). It now just seems overwhelming to think about starting over with another one. I love my two boys more than words can say and know I will feel just the same for this one but it's a tough pill to swallow at this very moment. Sorry if I seem all down, it's just hard when I feel like you can't talk about GD with many people because either they have no clue what you are going through and can't relate for one reason or another or they feel like I am ungrateful for what I do have. Of course, I am not, but it is a whole string of emotions I just can't help but feel plus my DH wanted a lil girl just as much as I did and so I feel almost doubly disappointed. I hope the rest of you waiting to find out hear what you want, I really, really do!!

aidansmum
January 20th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Sorry you didn't hear girl jmm0616. It must feel like you're sinking. I never had really bad GD although I've always wanted a girl, but I guess this time it will also hit me harder to hear 'boy' because I'm not having any more children after this one and it's very definitive. It is very hard to explain to someone who can't relate how upset you are for hearing the opposite to what you expected, but we totally understand your grief. I'm glad your little boy is healthy and I'm sure you love him to bits. You will even more when he's in your arms. It's good in a way that your DH feels what you feel, mine doesn't care and I know that if I hear boy I will be grieving for my little girl all by myself. Hang in there and come to us when you feel down about it, we can't do much but we will listen and understand. :HH:

Little Lunasa
January 20th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Well, I got my gender blood test results in today. It's horrible because they leave the results on an answering service that you call and call until your mailbox has a message. That made it so much more difficult to hear "It's a boy!" I think I am still in shock/disbelief. I was doing so good at guarding myself from thinking it could be a girl (wouldn't let myself think of names, look at anything girly, even talk about my desires for one to some of my closest friends), but the past few days, I had a change of heart and started feeling like maybe it actually could be a lil pink bundle, but nope - my gut was right from the beginning and here we are.....We have had a tough time with our second DS - just colic, cranky, horrible time with teething - just really unhappy all of the time, that I have thought I am just not sure how I will do this with another boy. At least with a girl, it would be a different and new experience (although I know it would still be tough, but at least different). It now just seems overwhelming to think about starting over with another one. I love my two boys more than words can say and know I will feel just the same for this one but it's a tough pill to swallow at this very moment. Sorry if I seem all down, it's just hard when I feel like you can't talk about GD with many people because either they have no clue what you are going through and can't relate for one reason or another or they feel like I am ungrateful for what I do have. Of course, I am not, but it is a whole string of emotions I just can't help but feel plus my DH wanted a lil girl just as much as I did and so I feel almost doubly disappointed. I hope the rest of you waiting to find out hear what you want, I really, really do!!
So sorry you didnt hear girl jmm0616 but congrats on a healthy baby. At my age that was the important bit for me, but I understand your GD as felt it with my DS2.
xx

menlc611
January 20th, 2014, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry you didn't hear girl jmm0616!! I truly think no matter how hard we try to protect and prepare ourselves, we're never ready to hear the opposite gender!! Don't apologize for being down!! We're all here to support you! I have my gender scan on Saturday and I know if I hear boy, I'll be crushed. Unlike you, I have very high expectations of a girl, even though I tried so hard to convince myself it's a boy. Your disappointment will get better with time hun!! HUGS!

from2to3
January 20th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Jmm0616- so sorry!! Praying that you find peace with your news soon...and that little boy is a dream child for you and the perfect fit for your family! Hugs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

gafan
January 20th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Jmm0616, I'm sorry that you found out your baby is not a girl. How sad :sad:
It is good that we have this board for support for GD to help us through the loss of the hoped for gender.

Mum3blue
January 21st, 2014, 02:41 AM
Jmm0616 ... So sorry to hear of your pain, I understand how you feel, we got DS4 news on Xmas eve and it was tough Xmas to get through and we still haven't told anyone about being pregnant and won't be revealing sex until birth ... Surprise it's another boy!!! It does get better my GD with #3 was terrible, I didn't get out of bed and cried for 3 days before I cried a little less each day ... That little man is now so scrumptious I can't imagine even a second without him. As we all know it's not about the children we have .. It's about he desire for the opposite. I find I still have good and days and sometimes I think we were crazy for trying for # 4, we should have done HT but that is difficult in AU. Unsderstand your pain and loss and unlike friends and family who don't understand, we certainly do. Take care of yourself and take the time to deal with it on your own way

GreaseMonkey
January 21st, 2014, 06:06 AM
Jmm, I am so sorry, I understand where you are coming from. I have everyone hoping and praying I get a girl but my gut tells me it's boy #3 for us and I feel like i will be disappoint everyone that has hoped and prayed we get our girl. From theories of the placenta from getting pregnant the first month after mirena it feels as though they want this as much as I do and I will end up upsetting them :(

GreaseMonkey
January 21st, 2014, 06:14 AM
Well the bleeding only lasted 1 night and the next day it wasn't as bad as it was. I really think it's the hematoma dissolving itself and being expelled form my body which I guess is a good thing. I will be leaving for London in 2 weeks so I am hoping I get a good nub shot :) I have saved some pictures and info on my phone to show to them and hope they comply or else I will have to wait until February 25th at 15 weeks to find out what I am having :/
I am already dreading it, I feel my GD flaring up from time to time and I get too depressed and blame my husband for putting me in this situation and that's not a good thing :(

snipsnsnails
January 21st, 2014, 07:38 AM
Grease monkey-glad to hear the bleeding is resolving and hopefully it's just something minor. Good luck with your scan.
Jmm-I'm sorry you are feeling down about hearing boy. We are all hear to listen and support for GD. Most of us have been through it. I had it during the pregnancy with DS3, once he was born and I held him in my arms I was over the moon happy with him. I think it's hard with the pregnancy hormones, that I think makes GD even worse. Glad to hear he is a healthy little guy!

jen75
January 21st, 2014, 08:23 AM
Hi Ladies,
I have also had the dreaded news i did not want. I realise now i should never have swayed and let Dh convince me it would work and try again after hi tec failed. I am completely devastated and unfortunately for me GD has never left me and i find raising my 3 boys really hard and not very satisfying, I just am sick of hearing stories about cowboys super heros, guns and X box. I really really do not think i can do this. I am the terrible mother who should not have been able to have any children as she cannot be happy with her lot. i just do not think i can do this again. All the pain of a 4th c section the loss of all hope makes me think everyone would be better off with out me and that i might find some peace 20 years is a long time to be disappointed and now i have potentially another 20 ahead. I would not wish anyone to feel like this. I hope those of you left get your hearts desire as no one should have to feel like this. I thought i could cope as its DH's first child, but in reality it just makes me hate him as yet again i allowed another man convince me to take a risk so they could have a child and he gets his DS and will never know how i feel.:tissue::tissue:

dreams529
January 21st, 2014, 09:45 AM
jmm & jen75 so sorry you both did not hear girl. ((hugs)) to you both.

Greasemonkey glad the bleeding has stopped hope the next few weeks are quiet for you!

gafan
January 21st, 2014, 03:06 PM
Jen75, I'm sorry for your sad news and that you feel so alone in your relationship dealing with this. Maybe this little boy won't be as into cowboys and guns. :::sending hugs and tissues:::

gafan
January 21st, 2014, 03:11 PM
GreasMonkey - I am glad to hear that the bleeding stopped. Good luck this week!

aidansmum
January 21st, 2014, 05:03 PM
jen75, I'm sorry to hear you didn't hear pink. I really hope you can pull through and start enjoying your pregnancy and your boys, like gafan said, maybe this one will be less into the very boyish stuff, they tend to have such different personalities. Anyway, I'm sending you good vibrations and hope you make peace with it soon x

aidansmum
January 21st, 2014, 05:10 PM
Now, go figure this. I am in Australia, I did my 10 week blood test and my 12 week NT scan and my doctor told me to call yesterday for the result. It turns out the clinic who did the scan found out I was doing the Harmony test (I mentioned it to the sonographer but didn't confirm anything) and just took upon themselves to make the decision, without consulting me at all, NOT to send my scan results to be combined with the blood sample. I am in disbelief as to how they do that without asking the patient! I know I'm supposed to receive the Harmony results in 2 weeks, but hey, a little combined test result could put my mind at ease until then, and the lady who collected my blood for the Harmony says sometimes the results are inconclusive. What then? I am so angry at the U/S clinic. They sent it now after my rant but it will be another week to get the result for that. Am I overreacting? I just find it wrong not to ask someone if they want their results regardless of any other future tests they will do? Frustrating! :hair:

dreams529
January 21st, 2014, 05:55 PM
No your not overreacting aidansmum. I would be super angry also. If you took the time to go in for the tests they should've known obviously you'd want the results. At least they are running them now.

GT77
January 21st, 2014, 07:25 PM
Aidan that is crazy I feel that would never happen in New York! Weird u will probably get your harmony results in business days and you meet to have a NT scan too. I don't understand why the dr wouldn't want both. It makes no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT77
January 21st, 2014, 07:25 PM
Meant to say 8 business days

aidansmum
January 21st, 2014, 09:16 PM
Aidan that is crazy I feel that would never happen in New York! Weird u will probably get your harmony results in business days and you meet to have a NT scan too. I don't understand why the dr wouldn't want both. It makes no sense

It beats me! I just don't understand the reasoning behind that, and even if there is one, how about giving me a call to explain and maybe ask if I agree with not having that result. Absolutely brainless!
The Harmony will take about 2 weeks here, as it comes from where you are :) I won't be able to sleep well until I see a low risk result, and the gender of course :)
I guess the only thing that is keeping me cool is that the sonographer reassured me there were no trisomy marks during my scan, which is always good to hear, but I am obsessive when pregnant (and when not :) )and need to know everything.

gafan
January 21st, 2014, 09:56 PM
No, Aidansmum, you're not overreacting. That's ridiculous that they would do that! Another week- how frustrating!

gafan
January 21st, 2014, 09:59 PM
Aidansmum, I'm obsessive too, and hearing those low risk numbers helped me feel a lot better about the odds of a genetic problem. Hearing that everything was measuring right and no clear markers is a good sign... I hope that helps you feel a little less anxious.

jmm0616
January 21st, 2014, 11:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and comments. Today is definitely better than yesterday, but I know there's still some grieving to be done. It's so nice to know I can come here and talk with you ladies. It's weird because I feel like I am almost grieving a loss of someone that was never even here. I swear I am hearing of all sorts of celebrities and my friends and people I know on Facebook, you name it - they are all having girls. I feel like each one is a stab to my heart and sometimes it is just hard to separate that from myself. My sweet DH said last night if we wanted to try again, he would support me because he really wants it too. We always talked about a possible 4th, but it's hard to even think about that right now as it seems like an eternity away and I know I need to focus on DS3. It is hard to separate those feelings and push them aside for years, knowing it will always be there yet wanting to give my all of myself to this new one. Thanks so much for listening :)

menlc611
January 22nd, 2014, 08:04 AM
Aidansmum I would flip out too!! You had the test done, so obviously you want the results!! Regardless of what other testes you've had!!! Ugh some people just don't use their brains!!

Jmm - so glad to hear you're doing better! I feel it is a grieving process for sure! That's wonderful news DH will try for another! But yes, of course you need to focus on DS3 right now! My DH and I had the same talk when we found out DS3 was a boy and I obsessed over how to get a girl the next time. (Didn't know about this site at the time) and of course I felt like a horrible mom for spending so much time thinking about the baby I wanted, not the baby I had. But once he was born the thought of another one completely left my mind for a few months, which was nice!

momof3boyz11
January 22nd, 2014, 10:33 AM
Wow I have some catching up to do! I didn't know there was another thread started!

bunnywabbit
January 22nd, 2014, 12:56 PM
I'm so sorry you didn't get your desired gender, Jmm0616 and Jen75 - I know how it feels. But they're determined little babies - they'll be so special xx

bunnywabbit
January 22nd, 2014, 01:46 PM
Aidansmum, that's insane! There are no words (well, apart from you can't cure stupid)... Yes, you are right to be fuming, I'm sure I would be. :hug2:

menlc611
January 22nd, 2014, 04:34 PM
UGH!!! My sister scanned me two weeks ago when I was 14+1.. The baby was very active and she couldn't get a real good shot but said "there's nothing between then legs. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a girl".. I knew this did not mean it was a girl for sure. However, hearing those words were amazing and I was over the moon (even tho I tried SO hard not to be).. Well, she is scanning me again on Saturday to confirm the gender and we were just talking on the phone. She said "I will try my best to tell you for sure, but it depends on the baby cooperating. Like when I scanned you two weeks ago, the baby was moving so much, at one point I though I saw girl parts, but then a few minutes later I thought I saw boy parts." BOY PARTS?!?! Why were those words never spoken to me in the last two weeks?! It would have made me a lot more levelheaded about this. She has no idea my deep desire for a girl. As far as she knows, I'm perfectly fine either way. But my heart sank when she told me that! I know I'm jumping the gun and I'm stressing over something I have NO control over. I just simply wish she would have told me sooner that she thought she saw boy parts. :(

dreams529
January 22nd, 2014, 04:47 PM
menlc hope the scan on sat confirms girl for you.

aidansmum
January 22nd, 2014, 04:54 PM
menlc, hope those boy parts are just a mistake. But you're right, there's no point sweating over what's out of our control. Hope you hear pink.

dreams529
January 22nd, 2014, 04:55 PM
Need to vent for a moment. I have to come to terms with the fact that this is most likely a boy but I am sick & tired of being sick & tired. My house is a mess, I still feel nauseous all of the time & I have been a poor excuse of parent to my kids. I just want to feel somewhat human again! I have to admit the frustration that I'm doing all of this for what most likely is my 4th boy doesn't help. I think I would be pretty OK with everything if I could just eat & keep it down, so tired of being nauseous & dizzy constantly!

Sorry I'm just really frustrated I have been miserable since the end of Nov & I feel like there is no end in sight. Needed to vent thanks for reading....

menlc611
January 22nd, 2014, 06:01 PM
Awww dreams I'm so sorry your feeling so crappy! I'm 16 weeks and just started to get my energy back. I know what you mean about the frustration of doing it for your 4th boy. I know sometimes that can make you feel like "is it even worth it?" Or it would be me tolerable it if were a girl. I really hope you start feeling better soon and you can start enjoying the pregnancy! Keep your head up!!

from2to3
January 22nd, 2014, 07:16 PM
Menic - I'm so sorry! Hopefully it really is a girl and that's why she couldn't tell!

Dreams - I so hear you! I feel so BLAH that I have really been slacking on duties, house and sadly children. They've been allowed to watch more tv the past couple weeks than probably the last 6 months!! Haven't had ms, though I'm stArting to wonder if I don't have a slight case of it, but no energy, headaches, etc!

Ladies - I really, really hope we get our deeply desired genders, but those of us that don't....we have to remember that our little ones need and depend on us and our love, and we've been blessed to be able to be mothers! Hugs to all!

GT77
January 22nd, 2014, 08:29 PM
Menic I wouldn't worry because as she said your baby couldn't sit still so she couldn't get a good enough view. Her first view was when baby was still so I would focus on that! GL on Saturday.

aidansmum
January 22nd, 2014, 09:26 PM
Need to vent for a moment. I have to come to terms with the fact that this is most likely a boy but I am sick & tired of being sick & tired. My house is a mess, I still feel nauseous all of the time & I have been a poor excuse of parent to my kids. I just want to feel somewhat human again! I have to admit the frustration that I'm doing all of this for what most likely is my 4th boy doesn't help. I think I would be pretty OK with everything if I could just eat & keep it down, so tired of being nauseous & dizzy constantly!

Sorry I'm just really frustrated I have been miserable since the end of Nov & I feel like there is no end in sight. Needed to vent thanks for reading....

Sorry you're feeling so sick, it's not fun at all. My nausea subsided at week 13 and although it still comes back it's very mild. I was also feeling like crap, every single day and so cranky with my toddler because I kept dragging myself around the house, nothing got done because I couldn't find the energy and couldn't eat properly because of the nausea. Hopefully yours will stop soon as well. I was having iron tablets and I stopped them and my nausea got heaps better since, coincidence or not. Fingers crossed you start to feel human again x

menlc611
January 22nd, 2014, 10:06 PM
I just want to say how much I LOVE this board. We are all so supportive of each other, no matter what!!! We've been together now for a few months now and I haven't seen on negative word spoken (typed) to another momma. You guys are my strength and it's so comforting just knowing I have a safe haven to come and vent to. I pray the absolute best for all of us - those who get their dream gender and those who don't. We are a wonderful group of women and we all need to take a step back and realize that. I wish I could give each of you a hug!! Thank you for being here and being so supportive!!!!

momof3boyz11
January 23rd, 2014, 08:02 AM
UGH!!! My sister scanned me two weeks ago when I was 14+1.. The baby was very active and she couldn't get a real good shot but said "there's nothing between then legs. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a girl".. I knew this did not mean it was a girl for sure. However, hearing those words were amazing and I was over the moon (even tho I tried SO hard not to be).. Well, she is scanning me again on Saturday to confirm the gender and we were just talking on the phone. She said "I will try my best to tell you for sure, but it depends on the baby cooperating. Like when I scanned you two weeks ago, the baby was moving so much, at one point I though I saw girl parts, but then a few minutes later I thought I saw boy parts." BOY PARTS?!?! Why were those words never spoken to me in the last two weeks?! It would have made me a lot more levelheaded about this. She has no idea my deep desire for a girl. As far as she knows, I'm perfectly fine either way. But my heart sank when she told me that! I know I'm jumping the gun and I'm stressing over something I have NO control over. I just simply wish she would have told me sooner that she thought she saw boy parts. :(

Well that's stressful! I will be thinking of you on Saturday while I go as well and hope you hear girl and I do at least once! FX for you!

momof3boyz11
January 23rd, 2014, 08:03 AM
I just want to say how much I LOVE this board. We are all so supportive of each other, no matter what!!! We've been together now for a few months now and I haven't seen on negative word spoken (typed) to another momma. You guys are my strength and it's so comforting just knowing I have a safe haven to come and vent to. I pray the absolute best for all of us - those who get their dream gender and those who don't. We are a wonderful group of women and we all need to take a step back and realize that. I wish I could give each of you a hug!! Thank you for being here and being so supportive!!!!

100% agree!!!!!

menlc611
January 23rd, 2014, 08:24 AM
Momof3boys - I will be thinking of you as well!!!! I hope we both hear PINK!!! :)

snipsnsnails
January 23rd, 2014, 02:14 PM
menlc - I wouldn't stress about the scan, I know its easier said than done. You were really early the last time and it would be hard to see gender. My dh scanned me at 13/14weeks and we couldn't make it out. We thought girl but its so easy to have the baby move a certain way with the cord and think boy. So I sat tight until 19weeks for confirmation.
Best of luck! I hope you hear pink.
Dreams - I am so sorry your still not feeling like yourself. I hope you turn the corner soon. I finally felt better about 18-19 weeks with all 4 of my pregnancies! Its just too long to feel like crap!
momofboyz - Good luck for your scan on Saturday! I really hope at least 1 is a girl. I have known 3 different friends who went for the girl after 3 boys and ended up with twins for the 4th pregnancy. They were boy/girl twins!

momof3boyz11
January 23rd, 2014, 08:08 PM
Momof3boys - I will be thinking of you as well!!!! I hope we both hear PINK!!! :)

that would be amazing!

snipsnsnails
January 23rd, 2014, 08:41 PM
Here is my 20 week bump. Half way there!

menlc611
January 24th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Snipsnsnails you are ao tiny!!! You have the cutest bump!!

bunnywabbit
January 24th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Lovely bump, snipsnsnails!

I'm wondering if I'm still measuring small for my gestation. Will get a piccie done and see what you think. Am 4 months today so almost half done - woop!

snipsnsnails
January 24th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Snipsnsnails you are ao tiny!!! You have the cutest bump!!

Thanks. I feel like I look bigger than that picture..lol..she is measuring 4 days ahead just like my boys always did. I was hoping for a nice small 7 pound baby this time but we will see. I always have big babies for some strange reason.
My DS3 was 8 lbs 9 oz!

aidansmum
January 24th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Here is my 20 week bump. Half way there!

Cute bump!!!! :)

momof3boyz11
January 25th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Good luck today menlc611! I will be waiting to hear the scan results! I go today at 3:00 PM cst. We get to fight the snow and wind to see what theses twins have in store for us :) FX you hear girl today!

momof3boyz11
January 25th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Snipsnsnails your bump is Adorable! I am catching you fast!
15 weeks (twins)

snipsnsnails
January 25th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Good luck at your scans today! Praying you hear pink and healthy babies!
Mum3 boyz- very cute bump! You look amazing for twins after 3 kids!

dreams529
January 25th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Good luck at your scans today!!!!!! Fingers crossed for pink!!!!!

gafan
January 25th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Good luck today menlc611 and momof3boyz!

Little Lunasa
January 25th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Good luck today girls, looking forward to updates :)

menlc611
January 25th, 2014, 07:29 PM

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

momof3boyz11
January 25th, 2014, 08:12 PM
We had our gender scan today Baby A is a Boy Baby B is a GIRL! !!

gafan
January 25th, 2014, 08:27 PM
That's wonderful! Two healthy little girls and a healthy little boy on the way.
So happy for you both!

menlc611
January 25th, 2014, 08:27 PM
momof3boyz - YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! We both got our girls!!!!! :DD: :DD:

from2to3
January 25th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Yay!!!! Congrats ladies :)

dreams529
January 25th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Yay!! Congrats to you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmm0616
January 25th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Congrats Menlc and Momof3boyz!!! So happy for both of you. Glad to hear someone's finally getting some pink around here:)

momof3boyz11
January 25th, 2014, 09:09 PM
I still don't believe it. I saw the 3 lines and nothing between her legs but still! I saw his boyhood for sure!

Gpkm
January 26th, 2014, 05:33 AM
So nice to hear about the sexes you want and sorry to read that some have got the opposite sex. Can I please join your group, I am due end of August and 10 weeks today. Have sent away the gender blood test and now am waiting to hear. Praying for another daughter, although if it's not meant to be will be ok with that. Did the urine gender test although don't think those are very reliable at all, but it was pink.

Little Lunasa
January 26th, 2014, 06:35 AM

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge , huge congrats!!! Enjoy going pink mad :)

bunnywabbit
January 26th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Congrats Menlc and Momof3boyz! That's fantastic news! x

Little Lunasa
January 26th, 2014, 06:37 AM
We had our gender scan today Baby A is a Boy Baby B is a GIRL! !!

Aww big congrats to you!!! Enjoy your little pink bundle xx

Little Lunasa
January 26th, 2014, 06:39 AM
So nice to hear about the sexes you want and sorry to read that some have got the opposite sex. Can I please join your group, I am due end of August and 10 weeks today. Have sent away the gender blood test and now am waiting to hear. Praying for another daughter, although if it's not meant to be will be ok with that. Did the urine gender test although don't think those are very reliable at all, but it was pink.

Welcome gpkm :)

snipsnsnails
January 26th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Menlc & momof3boyz- Yay!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you both! Enjoy buying pink and purple for your little ones on the way. And congrats on another healthy little boy!
:cheer::cheer:

bunnywabbit
January 26th, 2014, 08:00 AM

Welcome, GPKM! Congrats on your BFP! Am I correct you're due on 24/8? I'll add you to the list now. I hope you get your little pink bundle. x

Gpkm
January 26th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Thanks, yes due around 24/8 waiting for my scan to confirm due date.

menlc611
January 26th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Welcome gpkm!! Congrats on the pregnancy and I hope you get a pink bundle!!

momof3boyz11
January 26th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Welcome Gpkm!

GreaseMonkey
January 26th, 2014, 12:07 PM
OMG, I go away for a few and I come back to great girly news yeah!!!! So happy for you ladies!!!

Welcome GPKM to the group :)

Well ladies, in 1 week I will be flying to London for my 12 week scan!!! I will be 12 weeks and 1 day and I am hoping to get a few good shots even though I am pretty sure it's a boy lol I haven't had a wave of nausea in a while and it kind of makes me nervous. I hope everything is still good and the bleed is gone. I will be taking some time off away from the board because I am becoming obsessed every time I get on here with all the u/s pictures so for my sanity I will be just checking in on this board but not posting as much. Will post right before I leave though :)

prayforprincess
January 26th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Congrats on your girls and a healthy boy!! We've been vacationing in Miami this week but i Had to sign on and see how your scans went. Wahoo!
Still feeling a bit nauseous and not myself-- hopefully my 2nd trimester brings some energy back in my life. 2 weeks til my nub scan at 12wks...I'm very nervous but looking forward to it!

GT77
January 26th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Melc and momof3boys so happy for u both!!!! And having a pair one of each u will get to dress them so cute!! Melc - all that worrying for nothing!

gafan
January 26th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Now that I'm getting into the second trimester I'm wondering about how many calories I should be eating. I swayed pink before the conception so my calories then were 1500-1800 a day. Now I think I need 1800-2000, with more protein than before.
For you veteran mothers, does that sound about right? All moms to be... are you eating a little more now that you're feeling less ill (I hope!).
I'm not really counting calories, and my weight gain for now is ok (thanks to the extra holiday pounds), but I want to make sure I'm eating enough for a healthy baby.
I'm exercising 3-6 days a week, light walking on elliptical for 30-45 min.

menlc611
January 26th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Good luck GreaseMonkey!! I hope everything goes well with your scan!!

gafan
January 26th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Good luck GreaseMonkey! I hope your travel and scan go well.

jmm0616
January 26th, 2014, 10:38 PM
So we made our announcement official today and it has actually made made me much more excited for DS3. With so much love and support from family and friends, it's hard to not be happy and see the good in this little miracle. This is how we did it!16547

aidansmum
January 26th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Congrats menlc and momof3boyz!!! Great, awesome news!!! :bighug:

aidansmum
January 26th, 2014, 11:04 PM
So we made our announcement official today and it has actually made made me much more excited for DS3. With so much love and support from family and friends, it's hard to not be happy and see the good in this little miracle. This is how we did it!16547

What a great way to announce it! Love it! Congratulations on 3 gorgeous little boys. x

bunnywabbit
January 27th, 2014, 01:43 AM
What a fantastic idea, jmm0616! Your little guys are so cute! x

Little Lunasa
January 27th, 2014, 04:55 AM
What a lovely idea, how could people not be happy for you! Your boys are absolutely adorable
x

menlc611
January 27th, 2014, 10:42 AM
So cute jmm0616!!!! What a sweet announcement!!

dreams529
January 27th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Welcome GPKM! Good luck with travel & ultrasound Grease Monkey& JMM love your announcement & your super adorable boys!

Just came back form the dr. Finally got to hear babies heart beat, such an awesome sound. My 3yr old DS came & he loved it. Hoping to finally start feeling better as this week goes on. Ultrasound is scheduled for 3/10. Can't wait for than just to know for sure. I know the probability is high that this is a boy & I am pretty OK with that now. It has crossed my mind that we could try again but the fact that this has been such a difficult pregnancy so far with how horrible I have felt makes me not want to entertain that thought. The 5 kids I will have need my attention & time and at this point in life I can not take 2+ months to just feel like crap. I def need to remind myself to enjoy this pregnancy as it needs to be my last.

Anyway hope everyone is doing good!

from2to3
January 27th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Welcome GPKM!

Good Luck GreaseMonkey!

Jmm0616 - super cute family :)

Gafan - I think that sounds about right. I've always heard when you are pregnant you need about 300 more calories. I never count calories, I'm terrible at it and following a diet in general. I just go by my hunger cues. If I am hungry I eat, if not I try not to. And just overall try to get a wide variety of food, though when I'm so tired it's harder for me to pick healthier meals. With my first two boys I was starving all the time so I probably ate about 4000 calories no joke, but this time I have days when I'm more hungry and days when it's somewhat normal. Hope it all balances out. Congrats on the exercise! I was trying to walk somewhat routinely for awhile to up my engergy but then I hit this tired, super lazy streak (also spotted just a bit, scared me) so I kind of fell off the wagon. Hope to start again.

I have my very first apt tomorrow, and then I should get my first ultrasound scheduled, probably within the next week or two. I'm ten weeks. I am so excited, I just want to hear a heartbeat and make sure that everything is ok!!

bunnywabbit
January 27th, 2014, 02:19 PM
LO is doing a lot of flip-flopping in there! Like he's have a merry old time dancing away... He seems to love snuggling in the bend of my lap, pretty much on top of my pubic bone. So very NOT comfortable - can't sit upright properly!

Felt the first kicks by hand last night! Such a fantastic feeling. Only two, but definitely there. DH came to have a feel but that was his performance done for the day - too late, daddy! Oh well, soon...

GT77
January 28th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Love jm m!!! You boys are sooo adorable!!!!!

jmm0616
January 28th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Thanks guys - you all are so sweet and sure know how to make someone feel good!

Bunnywabbit - glad you started feeling kicks - isn't it the best feeling in the entire world? Definitely makes everything feel more real!

aidansmum
January 28th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Greasemonkey, wishing you luck with your ultrasound! Keep us updated.

Bunny, it is fantastic to feel the first kicks. Looking forward to it. Aidan started at 15 weeks, just a flutter, I'm 14 now, so it shouldn't be far off.

I got my combined scan result, they didn't actually give me a number but said it's low risk, gotta be happy with that. Another 5 days and I should have the Harmony results. Can't wait!

from2to3
January 28th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Had my first appointment today! Everything looks good! Only ten weeks so she couldn't hear heart beat yet so she did a super quick ultrasound to see and hear it, and it sounded fabulous :) Got to see it moving and waving its arms! My actual ultrasound is Thursday so I'm sure it will be too early to tell any nub or skull guesses. Which is fine because I can't tell the difference anyway ;)

Mumto3boys
January 28th, 2014, 11:19 PM
I hope this pic comes out its a 3D scan they did of lil bean at 12 weeks. Heart beat was 166 BPM and it waved the whole time and was very still and chilled. Not like my other 3 who were jumping jacks! lol

momof3boyz11
January 29th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Hey everyone just wanted to share there 2 pics from my gender 3D ultrasound this past weekend. They kinda look like little aliens at this point but beautiful aliens :) We were 15 Weeks 1 Day
Baby A (Boy)

And Baby B (GIRL!)

Just wanted to share! :) Thanks for all the support ladies this is such an amazing group!!!!

bunnywabbit
January 29th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I hope this pic comes out its a 3D scan they did of lil bean at 12 weeks. Heart beat was 166 BPM and it waved the whole time and was very still and chilled. Not like my other 3 who were jumping jacks! lol

Aww! Such a cute little bean.

aidansmum
January 29th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Congrats on your little ones mumto3boys and mumof3boys (this is a bit confusing :)) 166 is a fast heartbeat! Mine was 177 at first but dropped to 140 at 12 weeks (probably another boy!)

GT77
January 29th, 2014, 07:21 PM
My heartbeat at 20 weeks was 135, so I think the theory is not true!! Mine also dropped too!! Aidan, let see what happens didn't everyone tell u that you scan showed girl? Also the heartbeat theory is so not true, they say it is only true last weeks of pregnancy!! Do you have any acne at all? That has really hit me hard this pregnancy, and my constant cold at night!

snipsnsnails
January 29th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Very cute u/s momof3boyz..are you feeling a lot different with twins?
Aidensmum mum I wouldn't worry about the heartbeat. Mine dropped too by 20 weeks. I think 145/150. It seemed to be just like my boys was.

aidansmum
January 29th, 2014, 09:30 PM
My heartbeat at 20 weeks was 135, so I think the theory is not true!! Mine also dropped too!! Aidan, let see what happens didn't everyone tell u that you scan showed girl? Also the heartbeat theory is so not true, they say it is only true last weeks of pregnancy!! Do you have any acne at all? That has really hit me hard this pregnancy, and my constant cold at night!

Thanks GT, I know the heart thing is not accurate, it would just make me a bit more hopeful, that's all. My boy's heartbeat was 146 at 12 weeks, this one is even slower! My sister's daughter's heart was at 165, though. But I have plenty of friends that debunk that 'theory'. As for pimples, I had them at first, but not any more, and I always feel cold in the evenings, no changes there. The only different thing I had was more nausea but I read many posts of women who had tons of nausea and ended up with another boy, so not reading anything into it either. Ramzi and nub got a very unanimous girl response, but ramzi is flimsy and nub was upside down, which apparently makes it unreliable too. I hope to find out soon, in a few days actually, getting very anxious now. :nails:

momof3boyz11
January 29th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Congrats on your little ones mumto3boys and mumof3boys (this is a bit confusing :)) 166 is a fast heartbeat! Mine was 177 at first but dropped to 140 at 12 weeks (probably another boy!)

It is a bit confusing :) but my boys heart rate actually a little slower than the girls :) I asked the tech and she said it varies as they move around in there :) just because you have a lower heartbeat baby it can still mean girl :)

Mum3blue
January 30th, 2014, 05:39 AM
Symptoms are so confusing, this baby had heart beat of 169, my other boys were much slower, my cravings are totally opposite- fruit versus chocolate and it's still another boy , plus so many / all other aspects are different I could list hem out ... Dont know what to say I wish there was an easier way ... Counting down to visual conclusive proof that this is boy #4.

Good luck to aidensmum with your results - fingers crossed for you.

menlc611
January 30th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Aidansmum - when do you find out?

momof3boyz11
January 30th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Aidansmum when will you find out? I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying you hear girl!

prayforprincess
January 30th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Symptoms are so confusing, this baby had heart beat of 169, my other boys were much slower, my cravings are totally opposite- fruit versus chocolate and it's still another boy , plus so many / all other aspects are different I could list hem out ... Dont know what to say I wish there was an easier way ... Counting down to visual conclusive proof that this is boy #4.

Good luck to aidensmum with your results - fingers crossed for you.

This is what I am so afraid of -- my symptoms this time are so incredibly different and EVERYONE keeps telling me that "this is the girl!"
I just don't want to hear it because I feel like my luck it will still be boy #4.
But with my boys it was little to no nausea, felt good, looked good, little food adversions, ate a lot/ hungry a lot, craved heavier foods like carbs, creamy soups and sauces and lots of meat (especially red meat) and melted cheese.
This time I was/still am terribly nauseous from week 5. All day everyday. If I eat it doesn't help, sometimes makes me more sick feeling especially at night. Soooooo many food adversions, hardly want to eat anything. Only light food like yogurt or fruit -- carbs gross me out and are too heavy and I haven't been able to touch any meat since week 6. I have NO energy, am in such a bad mood and feel so incredibly ugly. Oh, and headaches - I've been getting the most awful headaches.

So hopefully polar opposite symptoms are a sign of girl for me but I just can't put much stock into it. I just wish everyone in my life would stop telling me its the girl cause it keeps making me think "could it be?" and I feel only setting me up for total disappointment.
Also is anyone else?...afraid of the moment when they hear boy and tell people and everyone says "oh I'm so sorry". I just feel like everyone in my life knows how badly i want a girl and when they hear its a boy will feel so bad for me. Instead of being happy for me as most are when u have a baby, they won't. I just don't want the pity, I don't want to have to say "its another boy" and everyone think "that's a shame, i know how badly u wanted a girl". I suppose I am rambling but does anyone else understand what I mean?

aidansmum
January 30th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Aidansmum - when do you find out?

The Harmony lady said in 2 weeks time, which will be next monday. I really hope they are not late with the results, it will drive me insane to wait this whole weekend to find out. I was hoping she would give me a call today (if late results can happen why not early ones) and end my misery. :) Thanks girls. I will come here as soon as I hang up that phone.

aidansmum
January 30th, 2014, 05:05 PM
This is what I am so afraid of -- my symptoms this time are so incredibly different and EVERYONE keeps telling me that "this is the girl!"
I just don't want to hear it because I feel like my luck it will still be boy #4.
But with my boys it was little to no nausea, felt good, looked good, little food adversions, ate a lot/ hungry a lot, craved heavier foods like carbs, creamy soups and sauces and lots of meat (especially red meat) and melted cheese.
This time I was/still am terribly nauseous from week 5. All day everyday. If I eat it doesn't help, sometimes makes me more sick feeling especially at night. Soooooo many food adversions, hardly want to eat anything. Only light food like yogurt or fruit -- carbs gross me out and are too heavy and I haven't been able to touch any meat since week 6. I have NO energy, am in such a bad mood and feel so incredibly ugly. Oh, and headaches - I've been getting the most awful headaches.

So hopefully polar opposite symptoms are a sign of girl for me but I just can't put much stock into it. I just wish everyone in my life would stop telling me its the girl cause it keeps making me think "could it be?" and I feel only setting me up for total disappointment.
Also is anyone else?...afraid of the moment when they hear boy and tell people and everyone says "oh I'm so sorry". I just feel like everyone in my life knows how badly i want a girl and when they hear its a boy will feel so bad for me. Instead of being happy for me as most are when u have a baby, they won't. I just don't want the pity, I don't want to have to say "its another boy" and everyone think "that's a shame, i know how badly u wanted a girl". I suppose I am rambling but does anyone else understand what I mean?

I so understand what you mean! Been there twice. This time I'm just calling it 'the baby' and when someone says 'well, maybe this time it's a little girl' I say 'it's a baby, and I'm happy as long as it's healthy', that kind of shuts them up. The only people who knows how much I want a daughter are DH and my two best friends, I didn't even tell my family, and they are putting no pressure on me to have a girl. But they knew I was soooooo aching for a girl when I fell pregnant with Aidan that was all they talked about, so this time I cut it out straight away because I want to be happy with this baby, whatever the gender. This pregnancy was also different, a lot of nausea, completely put off red meat, lots of fruit and salads. I still crave cheese and dairy though. I lost my appetite, as with my boys I could eat the house down. You try not to read anything into it because that would be a mistake, but you can't help feeling hopeful.

prayforprincess
January 30th, 2014, 08:10 PM
I couldn't agree more.
And thanks for the good response. If anyone says anything I will reply with "a healthy baby is what truly matters"

menlc611
January 30th, 2014, 09:16 PM
I couldn't agree more.
And thanks for the good response. If anyone says anything I will reply with "a healthy baby is what truly matters"

I had SO many people saying that stuff to me when I was pregnant with DS3.. "Ohhh I bet you're hoping for a girl" or "wow after 2 boys it's time for that girl!".. It drove me nuts.. To the point that we didn't even announce this pregnancy. I just didn't want to hear it all over again. We decided to wait until we knew the gender and even tho we found out almost a week ago that it's a girl, we still haven't announced it. Now I'm kind of spiteful to those people who said that stuff and it's almost like I don't want them to know lol if that makes sense?! But I agree with Aidansmum, just say "as long as he or she is healthy, it doesn't matter what's between the legs!!!"

aidansmum
January 30th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Bummer! I thought it was 2 weeks results from date of test but it's actually 14 working days, doing the counting I shouldn't know until about next friday or even the week after! :sigh: And the wait goes on...

Mum3blue
January 31st, 2014, 05:35 AM
Bummer! I thought it was 2 weeks results from date of test but it's actually 14 working days, doing the counting I shouldn't know until about next friday or even the week after! :sigh: And the wait goes on...
I had my test done in Sydney and received the results exactly 14 days from when I had the test and not 14 working days. Fingers crossed for you ... My heart stopped beating and I think I almost started hypo ventilating when I saw I missed that call. Good luck.

snipsnsnails
January 31st, 2014, 08:37 AM
prayforprincess - I hope this is your girl for you. I think I said before but the headaches were the big girl symptom for me. Never had it with the boys.
aidensmum- can't wait to hear the news. Your u/s got many girl responses so I hope it comes true.
I am doing good, been busy switching my 2 year old to his new room and decorating it. Then I can finally start on the nursery.
I guess the biggest thing that has surprised me and wondered if others have experienced this after they found out they were having a girl, is the negative comments...I never thought I would hear them! Of course before I was pregnant, I would get comments on how cute my 3 boys are, etc but where's the girl? Are you going to try for a girl? You need a girl in your life, blah blah..We have all heard the comments.
Well now that I'm having a girl, I hear, why did you do that? Boys are so easy, quiet and mellow.. Now your in trouble with a girl. They are so loud, drama, etc. Even from moms who have a boy and a girl I have heard multiple times, I really wanted 2 boys but I ended up with a girl..
I am just so surprised by the negative comments, made me wonder I'm not crazy for wanting a girl, right? I wanted to experience both boys and girls.
Sorry for the long rant, I've just been so surprised and wondered if others have heard this too. I have of course heard many positive comments at times too. I guess people just love to give their opinions on everything!

prayforprincess
January 31st, 2014, 09:06 AM
snip- People say stuff like that to me. Actually I hear it both ways. We were just vacationing and a couple was without children but talking to me telling me she was pg with her 4th. They had 2 boys 1 girl and were hoping for another girl. They were saying that the boys are so much harder -- they could have 10 of their dd's friends in the house and its still quiet and peaceful. With just 3 boys, its crazy, loud, running around etc.
Some people though tell me "you don't want a girl, its so much drama etc" and I'm like "believe me you don't have a boy. First of all, 2/3 boys are so picky with their clothes too you would think they are girls. I have nieces and they are NOT drama! And no offense to any all girl mom's - but I have yet to meet one that has the chaotic home I have with my 3 boys! And 90% of my friends are girl mom's and they all say "I don't know how you do it". My boys are like energizer bunnies that never stop. Its constant sports, throwing balls int he house, fighting, couch cushions thrown, me yelling, breaking up fights, them running around etc. etc. etc. Its absolute nuts nuts all the time. Girls play much more quietly. Like they paint their nails or do arts and crafts or sit with barbies. I need a child that just sits down!!! I just need peace and quiet in my life!!
The fact is, every kid is different. Some people have tough girls with major attitude, some have quiet angelic girls. Some (like me) have wild and crazy boys that drive them nuts, and some boys are more mellow. I don't think you can totally generalize and I hate when people act like because we don't have a dd we don't know. I feel like if you dont have a ds you have no clue what us boy mom's go though!
(please don't take offense to any of this girl mom's)

prayforprincess
January 31st, 2014, 09:08 AM
oh, btw: I had a dream last night I was having a GIRL!!
I am not putting stock into it; but I have to say that with ALL my boys, my dreams were that I was having a boy and freaking out. With ds3, I dreamed I delivered a boy and left him in the hospital -- I know bad.
This is the 1st time I have ever dreamed its a girl. Although its probably my wishful thinking.

dreams529
January 31st, 2014, 09:46 AM
Honestly I think people in general are just to concerned about other peoples business. Its always greener on the other side so to speak & as prayforprincess put it so perfectly every kid is different. I do have both & yes my DD does bring the drama at times & my boys can be loud crazy & nutty but that is not all any of them are. DD is tough, strong courageous & incredibly intelligent & my Ds's are sweet, considerate & extremely loving . My DD plays & excels at softball but is as girly girl as they come with dresses, hair & makeup. Every child is different & wonderful in their own way.

Everyone has opinion but really yours is the only one that matters. Some people just can never be happy for anyone. People said horrible things when I was pregnant with DS2 & again with DS3. They were terribly inappropriate after I had DS3 & would say I hope your finally done now. I am a sarcastic person by nature & I would of course snap right back at them, I think they have learned their lesson cause there has been very little negative comments this time around.

One more thing I know 2 different families with girls. One has 4 girls & the parents are a whole lot of drama. As you can imagine so are the kids. The other has 3 girls & a boy, those parents are calm & loving coincidently so are their girls.

Congrats again on your girl snips & don't let anyone take that joy from you!

snipsnsnails
January 31st, 2014, 11:02 AM
I think some people are just so negative sometimes. And they certainly won't take me down with them..lol. I got terrible comments after ds3 and proved everyone wrong by having 3 very sweet natured and caring boys. We debunked that terrible boy stigma and would never change anything about them.
I just hope this little girl follows suit;)

Adia
January 31st, 2014, 11:48 AM
Girls play much more quietly. Like they paint their nails or do arts and crafts or sit with barbies. I need a child that just sits down!!! I just need peace and quiet in my life!!
The fact is, every kid is different. Some people have tough girls with major attitude, some have quiet angelic girls. Some (like me) have wild and crazy boys that drive them nuts, and some boys are more mellow. I don't think you can totally generalize and I hate when people act like because we don't have a dd we don't know. I feel like if you dont have a ds you have no clue what us boy mom's go though!
(please don't take offense to any of this girl mom's)

Sorry for intruding but :rofl: my DDs are so loud and wild we taught them sign language to use at the dinner table just to cut down on the noise and screaming...it didn't work.
They have mellowed out a lot as they have gotten older but they are still very loud, wild, and I feel like a referee all day when they are all home. They had a snow day last Friday, I had hoped to get a lot of homework done. I didn't get one lick of homework done and my feet were killing me at the end of the day from trying to keep up with my kids and all their energy.

from2to3
January 31st, 2014, 01:20 PM
Good luck Aidansmum! Hope you get results quickly!

Snipsnsnails - how terrible! Be over-the-moon excited for your little girl!! You so deserve to be! Every child is different, and there's more reasons to wanting a certain gender than just a stereotypical temperament. I myself have very active boys, and they are LOUD. Lol they can mimic a loud semi or derby car to the tee! But they have just enough sweetness and goodness in them to keep me from completely losing it (sometimes they make me feel bipolar but ya know!), and I love them to pieces! I would still love to experience that little girl though. I'm more worried about having 3 kids in general and being outnumbered now!!

I hate symptoms! They can be so deceiving. Just wish symptoms were all the same. I got a little hopeful though when I read about the headaches lol! Now that I feel a little bit more human and can actually get SOMETHING done in a day, I have been getting terrible pounding headaches! I'm sure it's just beginning of a cold and congestion or something as there is a lot of crud going around, but hearing your stories got me a little excited :) I've had a lot of similar symptoms and some very different ones. The ultrasound we got of this one looks similar in my opinion to my DS2's 12 week ultrasound. I really need to prepare myself more that this could be a boy....but for some reason my head just won't do it!! Hope I'm not going to be very disappointed!

Usually we tell people at the end of the first trimester but we can't decided what to do now. I have one friend that knows because she guessed it. Part of me just wants to tell people, but another part wants to wait until we know what we are having. Not sure if we could pull that off though, that's a long time and I have a feeling I'm going to start showing a lot sooner this time. We finally told the kids so it might not be up to us when everyone else finds out ;)

nuthinbutpink
January 31st, 2014, 02:56 PM
Jen, how many weeks were you with the test? Have you had visual confirmation that it is a boy? Harmony didn't orginally test for gender. They were the last of the tests to add gender in and since it is free floating "Y" they are looking for, I just wonder how reliable it is since you have had "Y" free floating DNA in you before.

I am not trying to get your hopes up. You have been through enough. It is just a question of accuracy.

menlc611
January 31st, 2014, 03:15 PM
It's funny how different KIDS are, not just boys/girls! I have 3 boys who are mellow, quiet kids who occupy themselves very well. On days off school I hardly know they are here! Of course they can get rowdy at times but one "knock it off" and it's over! My neighbor has 3 girls (same ages as my boys) and I literally can't stand to be in her house more than an hour because her kids are so loud and over the top, I can't deal with it!! I agree that people will always have something to say. I told a friend it's a girl and her response was "well you can be done now!" And yeah, it bothers me that she thought just because it's a girl, we're done. I said well we were going to be done either way! People just feel the need to put their 2 cents in!!!

aidansmum
January 31st, 2014, 05:37 PM
I had my test done in Sydney and received the results exactly 14 days from when I had the test and not 14 working days. Fingers crossed for you ... My heart stopped beating and I think I almost started hypo ventilating when I saw I missed that call. Good luck.

Thanks for giving me hope mum3blue. Feel less stressed out now. :bighug:

aidansmum
January 31st, 2014, 05:57 PM
I woke up with a sense of doom. :worry: I just know I'll have another boy. I just have this feeling that I should not keep my hopes us and I'm inclined to listen to my inner voice.
I hope the Harmony results are wrong for Jen but please let mine be correct, it would be very hard dealing with a bad result. The woman who did my test said to me Harmony is more accurate than ultrasound scans for gender, but I did hear before that it can pick up Y's in the blood from previous children. The things we do to ourselves!

menlc611
January 31st, 2014, 08:09 PM
I woke up with a sense of doom. :worry: I just know I'll have another boy. I just have this feeling that I should not keep my hopes us and I'm inclined to listen to my inner voice.
I hope the Harmony results are wrong for Jen but please let mine be correct, it would be very hard dealing with a bad result. The woman who did my test said to me Harmony is more accurate than ultrasound scans for gender, but I did hear before that it can pick up Y's in the blood from previous children. The things we do to ourselves!

I know it's hard waiting, your brain is constantly running!! Just try and take a deep breath and not stress until you get the results! (Whaaaat?! Easier said than done, I know!!!!!!! lol) I'm hoping you can find some peace until you get the results and I'm sending loads of pink dust your way!!!

menlc611
January 31st, 2014, 08:09 PM
Oops double post :oops:

Mumto3boys
January 31st, 2014, 10:50 PM
Now that I did the blood test I wish I hadn't cause I am now wondering did I contaminate the blood? did my previous 3 boys still have DNA in me which is known to stay in you for decades - its just a real mind f**k excuse my language!! it has just got me sooooooo down!...

Mum3blue
February 1st, 2014, 01:20 AM
Now that I did the blood test I wish I hadn't cause I am now wondering did I contaminate the blood? did my previous 3 boys still have DNA in me which is known to stay in you for decades - its just a real mind f**k excuse my language!! it has just got me sooooooo down!...

It definitely is a stressful time doing the test and reading about how Y stays in your blood, it has given me the tiniest element of false hope. I'm counting down to my visual confirmation - no doubt he will be boy!!! I still have the tiniest glimmer of hope, but it's not realistic as I have already started buying boy things and as much as this pregnancy and cravings etc are different all those theories have been dispelled as well :-). Here's hoping for a healthy baby at the ultrasound.

bunnywabbit
February 1st, 2014, 09:05 AM
prayforprincess - I hope this is your girl for you. I think I said before but the headaches were the big girl symptom for me. Never had it with the boys.
aidensmum- can't wait to hear the news. Your u/s got many girl responses so I hope it comes true.
I am doing good, been busy switching my 2 year old to his new room and decorating it. Then I can finally start on the nursery.
I guess the biggest thing that has surprised me and wondered if others have experienced this after they found out they were having a girl, is the negative comments...I never thought I would hear them! Of course before I was pregnant, I would get comments on how cute my 3 boys are, etc but where's the girl? Are you going to try for a girl? You need a girl in your life, blah blah..We have all heard the comments.
Well now that I'm having a girl, I hear, why did you do that? Boys are so easy, quiet and mellow.. Now your in trouble with a girl. They are so loud, drama, etc. Even from moms who have a boy and a girl I have heard multiple times, I really wanted 2 boys but I ended up with a girl..
I am just so surprised by the negative comments, made me wonder I'm not crazy for wanting a girl, right? I wanted to experience both boys and girls.
Sorry for the long rant, I've just been so surprised and wondered if others have heard this too. I have of course heard many positive comments at times too. I guess people just love to give their opinions on everything!

Oh boy... People are so nosey and difficult. You can count on people more often than not having something to say regardless of which you got - seem to love the sound of their own voice. Baby is healthy, you got your wish, that's all that matters! Leave it short and sweet - "baby's healthy and happy and that's all that matters, right?" That ought to leave them with very little to say!

snipsnsnails
February 1st, 2014, 09:13 AM
It definitely is a stressful time doing the test and reading about how Y stays in your blood, it has given me the tiniest element of false hope. I'm counting down to my visual confirmation - no doubt he will be boy!!! I still have the tiniest glimmer of hope, but it's not realistic as I have already started buying boy things and as much as this pregnancy and cravings etc are different all those theories have been dispelled as well :-). Here's hoping for a healthy baby at the ultrasound.

I will tell everyone what the geneticist explained to me. I had the exact same question about y still being in my blood. She said the children we give birth too, their DNA stays in our body forever. But this is at the intercellular level. The blood tests, at least materni21 I would assume harmony look at the extra cellular DNA or free floating DNA in the mothers blood this reflects the current fetus we carry. And only stays present in our body for 1 or 2 months after delivery.
So it should not detect previous Y chromosome, but few mistakes can happen, it's a test. No test is perfect. My clinic is a large clinic on the east side of a city and they had 1 opposite. Was told girl but ended up being boy.
I really hope everyone gets their desired gender!

bunnywabbit
February 1st, 2014, 09:13 AM
My boys are like energizer bunnies that never stop. Its constant sports, throwing balls int he house, fighting, couch cushions thrown, me yelling, breaking up fights, them running around etc. etc. etc. Its absolute nuts nuts all the time. Girls play much more quietly. Like they paint their nails or do arts and crafts or sit with barbies. I need a child that just sits down!!!

Oh, DH was apparently a lovely child - he'd sit quietly and do something as far as craft or look at a book. His brother OTOH... However, DH was also the inquisitive child a loved to know how things worked. Took things apart. When he was nice and quiet - that's probably what he was doing! :rofl:

My nieces, especially the older one is very vocal on 'I'M BOOOOOOOOORED...' and 'I want to do this, mummy make a cake with me, mum let's go to the park (regardless of weather), mummummum...' ARGH! I guess it varies from child to child...

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2014, 09:18 AM
Sorry for intruding but :rofl: my DDs are so loud and wild we taught them sign language to use at the dinner table just to cut down on the noise and screaming...it didn't work.
They have mellowed out a lot as they have gotten older but they are still very loud, wild, and I feel like a referee all day when they are all home. They had a snow day last Friday, I had hoped to get a lot of homework done. I didn't get one lick of homework done and my feet were killing me at the end of the day from trying to keep up with my kids and all their energy.

:agree: I am not sure this has anything to do with gender!! my first two boys were of the quiet variety and then my second two are like two small Tasmanian devils, and then I guess I hoped Suzy would be quiet because she is a girl but she is honestly worse than my 4th son is. She fights like a tiger. I long for those days with my first two boys where things were quieter and more peaceful!

bunnywabbit
February 1st, 2014, 09:20 AM

Ugh... so sorry. I hated my brain at the best of times. This is partly the reason why I thought going team green wouldn't be a great idea in the end, especially for DH - there's no telling what finding out a failed sway would be like in the delivery room. Don't get me wrong, being my first especially after m/c after m/c I would have been over the moon with healthy, 10 fingers and toes, and because we'd tried, he'd be a special determined little guy. But who knows how things are from person to person. I still really hope you get your pink bundle. x

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2014, 09:21 AM
I also have had way more negative comments upon getting a girl than I ever had with my boys!! Very unpleasant!!!

bunnywabbit
February 1st, 2014, 09:22 AM
Sorry I've been so quiet - got quite a lot of catching up to do! How have we all been?

DH felt his first kicks this morning! He's so over the moon, especially since we had some bad news this morning. Helped brighten the day that much more. How far along do kicks become a regular occurrence? I only feel the odd one or two (by hand) every few days.

dreams529
February 1st, 2014, 11:14 AM
My 2c on maternity21. I understand the free floating DNA & the way it is explained but I do have some questions. Researching online I have found many women who were told boy & the ultrasound showed girl. Now one of them was a medical problem with the way the baby developed & I'm sure some, I should just not believe because simply you can't believe everything on the internet. Having said that I have seen too many to believe the stats that sequenom puts out. Whether it has to do with simple human error, or finding Y from previous pregnancies or any other reason including meds Mom might be on I couldn't tell you the reason. Maybe it is even that the technology is just so new, don't know but I am personally not 100% committed to my results. I tested 10 weeks & 1 day from the day we DTD. I had heard prior that it was very likely to get a girl result early simply because the y would not be present enough at that point. I do not completely believe that I ovulated & conceived all on the day we DTD. I do not believe that I was actually 10 weeks on the day of the test. The only reason the dr's office said I was is from babies measurements at ultrasound but my kids always tend to measure big. I do believe the dates are off but I did the test anyway. I was sure I would hear girl but it could be wrong because the Y had just not showed up yet. That is one of the big reasons hearing boy threw me I was prepared to hear girl but knew that could be wrong.

My opinion for me & my pregnancy is that my baby is healthy & because of the test there is a very high chance that this is a boy. Having said that I do feel that there is still a VERY slim possibility that this could be a girl so until I have visual confirmation I will not shop or plan for this child. I know the chance of this being a girl is very slim & I am coming to terms with the fact that I will never have another DD, but I can not ignore the feeling that there is the tiniest possibility that it could be wrong so I should just not spend any $$ till I know for sure. This works for me mentally it may not work for someone else. I am debating doing a private gender scan next week instead of waiting till March just so I can get confirmation. Funny thing is since the test has been done & the initial misery of hearing boy set in I have had a lot of time to think & at this point I have convinced myself that a boy would be a better fit for my family(of course that is the mental side not the heart & emotional side talking).

Again just my opinion but whatever will be will be. This babies sex was determined at the moment of conception no amount of test results, hope or prayers is going to change that now. I just personally need to see visual confirmation before I can be sure. I hope those that are still waiting for their tests hear their desired gender.

snipsnsnails
February 1st, 2014, 03:09 PM
Dreams-I totally agree. I Had to see visual confirmation before I actually believed it and started shopping. I was excited with the blood test but doubt quickly rolled in and couldn't truly believe it until u/s. Can you do the private scan? That might be your best bet?

dreams529
February 1st, 2014, 04:43 PM
My dr's office offers a 3d ultrasound with gender at as early as 16weeks. Going to call on Monday to get prices & info. I already owe sequenom for the maternity21so I hate to spend a ton on an ultrasound knowing my regular one is scheduled for 3/10. Depending I may just have to schedule it so I can really know for sure. The uncertainty is driving me nuts!

nuthinbutpink
February 1st, 2014, 06:45 PM
I made you guys your own sub forum if you want to use it...Due in June/July/August 2014 (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-june-july-august-2014/)

I can move this thread in there if you all like or leave it where it is!!

aidansmum
February 1st, 2014, 06:45 PM

That's beyond frustrating :( What about a gender scan, just to double check, get a second opinion?

aidansmum
February 1st, 2014, 06:50 PM
Sorry I've been so quiet - got quite a lot of catching up to do! How have we all been?

DH felt his first kicks this morning! He's so over the moon, especially since we had some bad news this morning. Helped brighten the day that much more. How far along do kicks become a regular occurrence? I only feel the odd one or two (by hand) every few days.

Don't worry bunny, soon he will be kicking so hard you will be wishing he would go quieter again! When it gets to the 3rd trimester they practice for the baby olympics in there :)

bunnywabbit
February 1st, 2014, 06:55 PM
I made you guys your own sub forum if you want to use it...Due in June/July/August 2014 (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-june-july-august-2014/)

If you'd like to move us over, that would be great, thanks nuthinbutpink! x

dreams529
February 1st, 2014, 07:02 PM
bunny aidansmum is right! By the 3rd trimester your whole stomach will contort at times. DH always said it looked so alien! LOL! & the kicks will be constant when you want to sleep or right on your bladder when you already have to pee...

I am soooooooooooooooo looking forward to all of that!!!!

Mumto3boys
February 2nd, 2014, 02:27 AM
Yeah I'm booked in for the 6th. To be honest it has got me so down and I went into this knowing it may not work. And my husband said can't we just try to roll the dice one more time and then if it doesn't happen we will do a sperm sort. Now I wish I had of just waited it out a few more years and do it that way - I never imagined going 5 kids!!
That's beyond frustrating :( What about a gender scan, just to double check, get a second opinion?

Mumto3boys
February 2nd, 2014, 02:30 AM
Hi - can you message me privately as I would like to know about where you did your IVF/PGD and how you found it - did you get pregnant first time etc... I'm jumping the gun a bit but in a few years should this one be another boy I would only go into number 5 with more of a guarantee.
Thanks in advance!

Mum3blue
February 2nd, 2014, 05:31 AM

I really hope this is your girl, it did not work for me but that is what makes this all so difficult we are all different. I thought my cravings were a good sign chocolate any time of the day or night including breakfast with my boys versus fruit and oj plus no appetite, red meat aversion etc great sign - no such luck for me. Here's hoping you get your girl.

bunnywabbit
February 2nd, 2014, 10:47 AM
My bump at 19+5. Horrible pic - can't take decent photos of myself! Does my bump look small for gestation, or is it me?

gafan
February 2nd, 2014, 11:46 AM
Bunnywabbit, your bump looks healthy and cute to me. Isn't it normal for first pregnancies to look smaller for many women, at first?
I'm at 16 weeks and my bump is almost as big as yours (first child too). But I added an extra couple of tummy/hip pounds at Christmas and have always been a little round in the tummy.

prayforprincess
February 2nd, 2014, 12:39 PM
bunny- you actually look quite big for your first. I look like that now with my 4th and I'm only 11 weeks!
With my 1st i did not show even the smallest bump until around 18/19 weeks.

So...I was just looking at the girl sways board and its getting me really down. I feel like most everyone who swayed is having their girl and it makes me think that if this oops baby didn't happen, then I would have begun my sway and had a fighting chance at our girl. Honestly I just feel doomed that this is totally boy #4 and I just don't want to always wonder, "what if I hadn't gotten pg and actually swayed, would things have been different?"
I feel horrible saying this but cant help feeling this way.

aidansmum
February 2nd, 2014, 04:44 PM
My bump at 19+5. Horrible pic - can't take decent photos of myself! Does my bump look small for gestation, or is it me?

You have a cute bump! How big your bump looks also depends on your body shape and weight. It looks like a healthy 20 week bump to me!

aidansmum
February 2nd, 2014, 04:51 PM
bunny- you actually look quite big for your first. I look like that now with my 4th and I'm only 11 weeks!
With my 1st i did not show even the smallest bump until around 18/19 weeks.

So...I was just looking at the girl sways board and its getting me really down. I feel like most everyone who swayed is having their girl and it makes me think that if this oops baby didn't happen, then I would have begun my sway and had a fighting chance at our girl. Honestly I just feel doomed that this is totally boy #4 and I just don't want to always wonder, "what if I hadn't gotten pg and actually swayed, would things have been different?"
I feel horrible saying this but cant help feeling this way.

Don't feel bad about how you feel, it's not like we can help it and no one here judges you as we are all on the same boat. My dh said to me that if I wanted to wait for our financial situation to improve a bit we could go hi tech and do sperm sorting, but I didn't want to, I am 40, I have no time to waste, and I always knew the result could be another boy, but hey, we can't control everything can we? Sometimes we just have to take a leap of faith and then embrace the consequences. Own it. I know I'll be disappointed if I'm expecting a boy, but I also know it will pass and I will learn to love him like I do all my other boys, they are so unique, so special in their own way. When I get myself feeling down and doomed to have 4 boys in my life I always remember the little everyday things that they do that make me laugh and how cuddly they can be and I feel better, like saying to myself 'hey, don't despair, that's not bad at all, is it?'. I try to remain optimistic but we can't be feeling 100% all the time. That's why I love it here, because we can come and pour our hearts out, we all know we'll feel better soon, but a few words of comfort go a long way.

menlc611
February 2nd, 2014, 05:19 PM
Bunny you look great for a first time mom! This is me at 17+4 with baby #4:

Prayforprincess I completely understand why you feel that way and I would feel the same way too. I didn't do the LE diet simply because I suck at diets. Once I got pg it started to come back and haunt me. I couldn't help but think I ruined my sway by not doing the diet. But everything happens for a reason. Your bean was meant to be. I know it's hard.. But we are all here for you!!!

Little Lunasa
February 2nd, 2014, 05:44 PM
Girls your bumps are beautiful!
Bunny, yours looks perfect for a first baby at 20 weeks. Good to hear everyone is doing ok
xx

GT77
February 2nd, 2014, 06:51 PM
You guys are sooo lucky that you belly's look so tiny & very very lucky! Me on the other hand, I had the worst Csection of my life with my first, I got an infection and my incision was up and down so it never healed. I looked pregnant before I actually was pregnant and now I look like I am at least 7 months and i am only 21 weeks!! Uh, I really hope this pregnancy goes by fast, since my pelvic pain is already bothering me and I am a tad worried that i can't even sit down for a meal without me getting a massive pain afterwards!! So enjoy your really amazing looking tummy's!! You guys are very lucky!!

aidansmum
February 2nd, 2014, 07:09 PM

Cute bumps girls!!! This is me at 15 weeks :) I'm a bit on the bigger side I guess. I also felt a tiny kick today, still unsure if it was the baby though.

I also didn't do the diet! I am shocking with diets, hate them! I was eating empty carbs, drinking tons of diet coke and cut down on read meat, that was pretty much it.

menlc611
February 2nd, 2014, 08:03 PM
Aidansmum I think you look great!! Such a cute bump!

aidansmum
February 3rd, 2014, 12:08 AM
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!! I am having a baby girl!!!! I can't believe it! In tears and so, so, so happy!!!!!

And it's all low risk for all trisomies! Couldn't be happier! :running:

Mum3blue
February 3rd, 2014, 12:30 AM
ok so i think that I have officially lost the plot - since the news of baby boy #4 at xmas I thought that I was dealing with the news reasonably well. I had convinced myself that this little boy chose us and I did as much as I could to sway the chances. We started talking about names with DH and buying baby boy clothes (retail therapy is my answer for everything) - but in the last week as I am approaching our next ultrasound I have been focusing more and more on the fact that maybe harmony could be wrong and have found myself revisiting the old nub photos and skull theory searching for any clues that this in fact could be a girl. I have been playing with my angel cards and all along I have been getting the answered prayer card when I ask about this baby being a girl. I know that its not a girl - i just know - why does my brain keep playing these games with me? Only 1 more sleep and I guess I will get that visual confirmation my pyscho brain needs. I wish that my symptoms and cravings, and belly size and gender predictions were not so different from my boys, I wish I wish I wish I wish ... I just know that I have not got my wish. I think I am well and truly mad!!

Mum3blue
February 3rd, 2014, 12:49 AM
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!! I am having a baby girl!!!! I can't believe it! In tears and so, so, so happy!!!!!

Congratulations that is just wonderful news!!!

SamS_TTCPink
February 3rd, 2014, 12:54 AM

Wow, congrats! How exciting!! So....what did you do to sway??? And how long were you swaying before you attempted the girl?

aidansmum
February 3rd, 2014, 01:00 AM
Wow, congrats! How exciting!! So....what did you do to sway??? And how long were you swaying before you attempted the girl?

This is the link to my sway :)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/36526-aidansmum-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html

aidansmum
February 3rd, 2014, 01:05 AM
Mum3blue, you can't ble blamed for wanting another type of confirmation. I think you need it. And I heard about Harmony being wrong before, so it's not psycho at all to go for a scan, I would do the same! I really hope you find the test was wrong, and if not, at least that will help you accept and move on. I feel for you, I would be gutted too if I had heard boy. Lots of luck with the scan x

Little Lunasa
February 3rd, 2014, 02:27 AM

I knew it!!!!! Big big congrats!! I'm delighted for you
Xxx

Bigwish
February 3rd, 2014, 04:44 AM
Congrats aidansmum!

I've just heard that i'm expecting a girl too! No chromosomal abnormalities found also! So over the moon! Still can't hardly believe it!

Link to my sway is on page 1 of this thread.

onebigwish
February 3rd, 2014, 05:08 AM
OMG bigwish ! van harte gefeliciteerd met je Meisje in je buik !! OOH wat ben ik blij voor je ! het is je gegund meid!!!!! whoe whoe :)
dit geeft mij zoveel hoop....

Adia
February 3rd, 2014, 07:04 AM

Wonderful news Aidensmum! So happy for you!!!

menlc611
February 3rd, 2014, 07:51 AM
Aidansmum and bigwish CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Fabulous news!!! Go buy pink!! I'm so excited for you both!!!! :DD: :DD:

Mum3blue I think your feelings for a visual confirmation is completely normal!! To obsess and hope and pray about the blood test being wrong is normal. (We've all done it.. We're all a little crazy, right?!) enjoy your scan and seeing your LO.. I hope you hear pink but it sounds like you will be ok if you hear blue since you took the news so well after the test results. Good luck!!!

carameline
February 3rd, 2014, 07:57 AM
Hey ladies can I join you?

I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant. My sway was pretty crap... I followed a strict weight loss diet 2 weeks prior to dtd (lost 9lbs), took aspirin and zirtek (only once tho), hubby did a 10mile run before dtd and just 1 attempt! I am pretty sure I'm carrying my fourth boy but I am I big believer in what is meant to be will be :)

Love C xxx

Little Lunasa
February 3rd, 2014, 08:09 AM

I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant. My sway was pretty crap... I followed a strict weight loss diet 2 weeks prior to dtd (lost 9lbs), took aspirin and zirtek (only once tho), hubby did a 10mile run before dtd and just 1 attempt! I am pretty sure I'm carrying my fourth boy but I am I big believer in what is meant to be will be :)

Love C xxx

Welcome carameline :)
The one attempt in your sway is a strong factor for pink, so fx you get your dd

prayforprincess
February 3rd, 2014, 08:43 AM
Prayforprincess I completely understand why you feel that way and I would feel the same way too. I didn't do the LE diet simply because I suck at diets. Once I got pg it started to come back and haunt me. I couldn't help but think I ruined my sway by not doing the diet. But everything happens for a reason. Your bean was meant to be. I know it's hard.. But we are all here for you!!!

What was your sway? You didn't do diet?
That gives me a little hope since you are having your dd....

prayforprincess
February 3rd, 2014, 08:55 AM
OMG Aidansmum!!! I am sooooo happy for you!!! I hope and pray to be you in the next few weeks. I just can't imagine the immense happiness you must be feeling. That is over the top so amazing.

prayforprincess
February 3rd, 2014, 09:08 AM
Can I tell you guys something so personal that NO ONE knows? I just feel I have to get it out and tell someone because it weighs on me heavily but I can't talk about it with anyone in my life because no one knows....

My dh has a daughter. A 1 1/2 before we were married (when we were not together at the time) he had a one night stand with some girl when he was traveling for work. She had said she was pg but not keeping the baby. 1 month before our wedding child support papers were sent to our home. We had a paternity test done and the girl in fact was his. He has no relation with her has never met her etc. We don't even have a phone number. She and her mother live across the country in CA and while I was open to whatever my dh wanted to do, he has chosen not to be in contact or have a relationship so I have to support that decision.
So the fact is, even though we have 3 boys and so many failed ivf cycles under our belt where it just seems like we cannot have a girl - the truth is he can have a girl. And I can't help but be so damn resentful that some nobody stole the daughter I was supposed to have with my husband. It absolutely kills me! And if I have a 4th boy I just feel like, how am I getting boy after boy and she just bam got a girl 1st shot in one night with him? What is wrong with me? What am I doing wrong that the girl swimmers aren't going to my egg??!!
Sorry, I'm sure reading this many of you have mixed emotions, but this is just one more thing that adds to my GD and makes things so much worse for me, if that's even possible. I want to believe that luck is in my cards this time but as u can see from my sig -- luck doesn't seem to be on my side...

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2014, 09:13 AM
PFP that is one of the best proven things about gender ratio and no one knows why (well we know why, just not how). Women in committed relationships with a stable partner have more boys than women who are not. This has been observed and studied back to the time of Charles Darwin and he himself observed and wrote about it. It is NOT something that is wrong with you or that you are doing wrong. It is that your body sizes up the environment and cues it's getting and boys have a better chance of survival to adulthood to pass down genes when there is a dad around.

momof3boyz11
February 3rd, 2014, 10:49 AM

Omg Omg omg! I am sooooo excited for you!!

momof3boyz11
February 3rd, 2014, 10:50 AM
Ladies your bumps are adorable! Here is my twin bump @ 16 weeks 3 days!

dreams529
February 3rd, 2014, 11:38 AM
Huge congrats to both aidansmum & Bigwish!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome carmeline!

menlc611
February 3rd, 2014, 01:24 PM
Welcome carmeline!!!

PFP I did not diet at all. I skipped breakfast, but I have my whole life lol I'm just not a breakfast person. Other than that, I just went about my normal eating. Trying to do the diet was stressing me out. I felt like I didn't understand it (even tho I had MANY people explain it to me!) and I felt like I was forcing myself to eat to get the calories I needed. I tried it for about 2 weeks and gave up! (I didn't get pg until months after attempting the diet so I know for sure that had nothing to do with it) as for DH having a daughter, I completely understand. I came into the relationship with my DH with 2 boys from a previous relationship. When he told me his desire for a girl, and then we had a boy, I felt like I was shorting him two chances at a daughter since we agreed 4 kids no matter the gender. It killed me knowing if he married someone without kids, he would have 4 chances at getting his daughter instead of just 2. I know it's not the exact same situation as yours but I do believe it's similar. I pray this is your DD!! I can't imagine how unfair it must feel that some girl had a dd with DH and you have 3 boys. However, I would feel the exact same way!! I'm glad you got it off your chest.. Opening up about it can hopefully help you to slowly be able to move on from it.

bunnywabbit
February 3rd, 2014, 01:37 PM

OMG! I'm so insanely happy for you! Glad you and baby are well. Such a cute baby bump too. So looking forward to seeing scan piccies. When are you due a scan? x

bunnywabbit
February 3rd, 2014, 01:42 PM
Congrats aidansmum!

I've just heard that i'm expecting a girl too! No chromosomal abnormalities found also! So over the moon! Still can't hardly believe it!

That's fantastic, Bigwish! Congrats! When do you go for a scan? Really looking forward to seeing piccies! x

I Love Ladybugs
February 3rd, 2014, 01:44 PM
Can I tell you guys something so personal that NO ONE knows? I just feel I have to get it out and tell someone because it weighs on me heavily but I can't talk about it with anyone in my life because no one knows....

My dh has a daughter. A 1 1/2 before we were married (when we were not together at the time) he had a one night stand with some girl when he was traveling for work. She had said she was pg but not keeping the baby. 1 month before our wedding child support papers were sent to our home. We had a paternity test done and the girl in fact was his. He has no relation with her has never met her etc. We don't even have a phone number. She and her mother live across the country in CA and while I was open to whatever my dh wanted to do, he has chosen not to be in contact or have a relationship so I have to support that decision.
So the fact is, even though we have 3 boys and so many failed ivf cycles under our belt where it just seems like we cannot have a girl - the truth is he can have a girl. And I can't help but be so damn resentful that some nobody stole the daughter I was supposed to have with my husband. It absolutely kills me! And if I have a 4th boy I just feel like, how am I getting boy after boy and she just bam got a girl 1st shot in one night with him? What is wrong with me? What am I doing wrong that the girl swimmers aren't going to my egg??!!
Sorry, I'm sure reading this many of you have mixed emotions, but this is just one more thing that adds to my GD and makes things so much worse for me, if that's even possible. I want to believe that luck is in my cards this time but as u can see from my sig -- luck doesn't seem to be on my side...

I want Lady Luck to be growing inside you....

((((((hugs))))))

bunnywabbit
February 3rd, 2014, 01:44 PM

Love C xxx

Welcome carameline, congrats on your BFP! I hope you get your little girl. I'll add you to the list. Do you know what day in August your due date is? x

bunnywabbit
February 3rd, 2014, 01:47 PM
Lovely bump, momof3boyz! Are you feeling any movement yet?

Waiting4Daisy
February 3rd, 2014, 01:55 PM
Congrats on all these baby girls ladies xx

carameline
February 3rd, 2014, 02:04 PM
Congrats to all the ladies on here- I only hope I can join those of you who got your desired gender :)

Bunnywabbit my edd is 26th Aug but yet to have a scan so it could change.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

bunnywabbit
February 3rd, 2014, 02:08 PM
Congrats to all the ladies on here- I only hope I can join those of you who got your desired gender :)

Bunnywabbit my edd is 26th Aug but yet to have a scan so it could change.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'll add you as the 26th for now. Feel free to give me a shout when your date has been agreed and I'll update for you. x

menlc611
February 3rd, 2014, 02:15 PM

What a cute little bump!! And with twins?! You look great!

snipsnsnails
February 3rd, 2014, 02:16 PM

Cute bumps girls!! Yay! Aidensmum I am so happy for you! A girl!! I really thought your u/s looked girly. Try and enjoy this moment and don't second the guess the bloodwork! So exciting!

snipsnsnails
February 3rd, 2014, 02:29 PM
Welcome Carmeline! Congrats bigwish. So much good girl news here lately!
pfp, I'm sorry your feeling down lately but hopefully a little better after opening up. That would bother me too if that happened to my dh. The good news his he has a proven track record of having a girl. So it's very possible for you!

Bigwish
February 3rd, 2014, 02:31 PM
That's fantastic, Bigwish! Congrats! When do you go for a scan? Really looking forward to seeing piccies! x

Thanks bunnywabbit!
I had a scan with 11+3 days, i have put a pic in the confirmed girl pic forum!

Do you ladies mind that i sometimes drop in? I don't have the time to keep this thread totally up. You chat a lot, and English is not my first language, so to remember everything whilst replying is hard for me (especially now, lol)

My due date is the fifteenth of august, three days earlier than i calculated.

bunnywabbit
February 3rd, 2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks bunnywabbit!
I had a scan with 11+3 days, i have put a pic in the confirmed girl pic forum!

Do you ladies mind that i sometimes drop in? I don't have the time to keep this thread totally up. You chat a lot, and English is not my first language, so to remember everything whilst replying is hard for me (especially now, lol)

My due date is the fifteenth of august, three days earlier than i calculated.

Of course, bigwish! Everyone has their families, work and other things to worry about. You post when it's best for you! I've changed your date to the 15th.

I think your english is very good! :) x

momof3boyz11
February 3rd, 2014, 04:56 PM
Lovely bump, momof3boyz! Are you feeling any movement yet?

Oh yea! Little Girl is the mover! My little man is facing backward so I don't feel him to often unless he rolls :)

momof3boyz11
February 3rd, 2014, 04:57 PM
Congrats Bigwish!!!!!

momof3boyz11
February 3rd, 2014, 04:58 PM
What a cute little bump!! And with twins?! You look great!

I love you!!! LOL

from2to3
February 3rd, 2014, 05:42 PM
Congrats Aidansmum and Bigwish!!!! That is so exciting!!

Welcome Carameline!

PFP - hugs!! What a hard thing to go through! Really hope this is your girl! I'm nervous as well because I didn't (and probably couldn't) follow the diet either. I was just able to cut out breakfast for the most part and snacks a few days beforehand.

aidansmum
February 3rd, 2014, 05:42 PM
Congrats aidansmum!

Congratulations on your pink baby!!! When she told me 'Congratulations, you are having a little girl' I just went 'did you say girl? really?', we get so prepared to hear boy again that it doesn't sink in straight away. Still getting used to it :)

aidansmum
February 3rd, 2014, 05:43 PM

Love C xxx

Welcome to the club! Lots of pink dust going your way!

aidansmum
February 3rd, 2014, 05:47 PM

What a gorgeous twin bump! You are looking fabulous mama! :)

aidansmum
February 3rd, 2014, 05:48 PM
OMG! I'm so insanely happy for you! Glad you and baby are well. Such a cute baby bump too. So looking forward to seeing scan piccies. When are you due a scan? x

Thanks bunny! Not for another 4-5 weeks! Can't wait! Will be pleading to the person doing the scan to show me potty shots, still won't believe it 100% until I see those 3 little lines!

aidansmum
February 3rd, 2014, 05:56 PM
PFP, I totally understand how you feel! I would feel so robbed too, but as Atomic said, it's nothing you've done. :hug2: I really hope your little pink bundle is in there! When are you finding out?

Mumto3boys
February 3rd, 2014, 07:39 PM
Mum3blue you speak my mind and as I read this my heart aches and I'm crying because I too share your GD 'this far'... I will be going to my scan in 1 more day and should he say boy I really don't know if I can go through with the pregnancy, I feel my GD is stronger than ever before, but this pregnancy has gone to far already I can't even believe I'm considering not having it but I am at the severe end of GD, I feel it would be selfish to carry on having this baby feel unwanted. I mean I knew this was a possibility and my Dad even warned me against it that I should go and do IVF/PGD now I wish I had listened. To hear all the people getting desired genders is very hard indeed. Just know that your not alone in your situation.
ok so i think that I have officially lost the plot - since the news of baby boy #4 at xmas I thought that I was dealing with the news reasonably well. I had convinced myself that this little boy chose us and I did as much as I could to sway the chances. We started talking about names with DH and buying baby boy clothes (retail therapy is my answer for everything) - but in the last week as I am approaching our next ultrasound I have been focusing more and more on the fact that maybe harmony could be wrong and have found myself revisiting the old nub photos and skull theory searching for any clues that this in fact could be a girl. I have been playing with my angel cards and all along I have been getting the answered prayer card when I ask about this baby being a girl. I know that its not a girl - i just know - why does my brain keep playing these games with me? Only 1 more sleep and I guess I will get that visual confirmation my pyscho brain needs. I wish that my symptoms and cravings, and belly size and gender predictions were not so different from my boys, I wish I wish I wish I wish ... I just know that I have not got my wish. I think I am well and truly mad!!

dreams529
February 3rd, 2014, 08:05 PM
prayfor princess I can only imagine what your feeling. I really hope this is your girl!

Mum3blue my fingers are crossed that you hear pink at your scan.

Mum3blue I do understand exactly where you are coming from. I go through moments of being ok looking at names & clothes & than the GD will kick back up. I still have small hope that the blood test was wrong & the ultrasound will confirm girl also & since I scheduled the ultrasound the thought that this might still be a girl keeps getting so much stronger.

Just took a moment to read the updated girl stats & it just depressed me. I mean I did most of the things that got the high results so my sway should have worked. It's kind of sad to think that once this is confirmed a boy my sway will negatively affect some of those stats.

Congrats to all who are expecting pink, fingers crossed for those of us waiting for confirmation & prayers & hugs for those who don't wind up with our desired gender.

Mum3blue
February 3rd, 2014, 08:19 PM
Mum3blue you speak my mind and as I read this my heart aches and I'm crying because I too share your GD 'this far'... I will be going to my scan in 1 more day and should he say boy I really don't know if I can go through with the pregnancy, I feel my GD is stronger than ever before, but this pregnancy has gone to far already I can't even believe I'm considering not having it but I am at the severe end of GD, I feel it would be selfish to carry on having this baby feel unwanted. I mean I knew this was a possibility and my Dad even warned me against it that I should go and do IVF/PGD now I wish I had listened. To hear all the people getting desired genders is very hard indeed. Just know that your not alone in your situation.

Thank you for your lovely post ... I have just fallen apart - got back from my scan and this baby is all boy there is no denying it.

Mumto3boys -its not over till its over and you know for sure.

While I have never told anyone this - I do wish that I didn't fall pregnant with this baby. I spent the last five years hoping and dreaming about a girl and to trying to convince my husband to try again - he didn't want three so you can imagine how he feels about 4! Our life would have been so different with our youngest starting school this year and now back to having a baby and the next 5 years of raising a small child ... it somehow would have been worth it if this baby was a girl, but for me its just more of the same and then on to soccer etc etc. I never imagined my life with 1 boy let alone 4. I knew there was a chance that this could be a boy, but I really thought this was my time to have a girl - now I will NEVER have that chance and its gone, plus I have ruined our future as we have to factor a baby into the mix. I have always waited for that ecstatic feeling being told its a girl and then delivering a daughter, i will never have that. I still remember how disappointed I was after giving birth to my first son (we didn't find out). It makes you feel like s**t knowing that you felt/feel that way.

I wish we had gone hi tech - Australia makes it so bloody hard, we continue to have these babies when bureaucrats decide it is immoral/unethical to choose gender for family balancing. I wish, I wish, I wish for so many things ... unfortunately my wish did not come true :,-(

aidansmum
February 3rd, 2014, 09:17 PM
I wish we had gone hi tech - Australia makes it so bloody hard, we continue to have these babies when bureaucrats decide it is immoral/unethical to choose gender for family balancing. I wish, I wish, I wish for so many things ... unfortunately my wish did not come true :,-(

I also find it so wrong that all these people have a say in matters that should only concern the parents. They have this enormous outcry about termination due to gender (and I am in no way say I find that right) but don't do anything about helping families have their desired gender, it would improve mental and family health, it would decrease the number of children a family has because most people just want a boy and a girl. I know there are countries where boys are preferred and girls are aborted, and I find that horrible, but countries like Australia and the rest of the first world should definitely lose their sanctimonious big say in how a family should be constituted. I'm sorry about the rant, I do feel very strongly about it and I would have seriously considered going high tech if Australia made it possible. It just breaks my heart to see mothers feeling the way you are feeling right now. It is more than time to acknowledge GD IS a condition, and stop this nonsense of saying that you should be happy with whatever you have, when what you really want is to complete your family with that long desired gender.

gafan
February 3rd, 2014, 11:00 PM
Congratulations Aidansmum!!!!!! That's wonderful news!!!!!!!! :bighug:

gafan
February 3rd, 2014, 11:05 PM
Congratulations Bigwish!!!

Mumto3boys
February 3rd, 2014, 11:05 PM
I too am in Australia in Melbourne - I am here for you. My Mum (who had three girls & one boy) just upsets me more and just doesn't understand. After just speaking to my husband I said if I'm told boy I don't know if I'm mentally or emotionally going to be okay and I need to be for you and helping with the business. And he supports me, I just wish we tried swaying with the others too.... but he says we tried so damn hard to sway he said I mean I abstained for 9/10 days people under the same circumstance don't even get pregnant doing it all the time, this baby is a fighter. I told him it was his choice because if I can't deal with this then I would rather just have three. He said whether we struggle through life, regardless he knows we would suit having a big family. So I guess we will try our chance at PGD overseas in a few years should this one not be a girl.

My son just came into the office and said "Mummy your the most beautiful girl in the world" .... I burst into tears and he said why are you crying Mummy and I said because you're so perfect. I feel better now.

For you Mum3blue, I would like to be there for you, I don't know you but I would like to be there privately for you through the rest of your journey cause I know those dark places we go. I would also go as far as saying when you do have baby or even before I would come to Sydney to see you should you need a friend. You do not need to go through this alone.

Natalie xo

Thank you for your lovely post ... I have just fallen apart - got back from my scan and this baby is all boy there is no denying it.

Mumto3boys -its not over till its over and you know for sure.

While I have never told anyone this - I do wish that I didn't fall pregnant with this baby. I spent the last five years hoping and dreaming about a girl and to trying to convince my husband to try again - he didn't want three so you can imagine how he feels about 4! Our life would have been so different with our youngest starting school this year and now back to having a baby and the next 5 years of raising a small child ... it somehow would have been worth it if this baby was a girl, but for me its just more of the same and then on to soccer etc etc. I never imagined my life with 1 boy let alone 4. I knew there was a chance that this could be a boy, but I really thought this was my time to have a girl - now I will NEVER have that chance and its gone, plus I have ruined our future as we have to factor a baby into the mix. I have always waited for that ecstatic feeling being told its a girl and then delivering a daughter, i will never have that. I still remember how disappointed I was after giving birth to my first son (we didn't find out). It makes you feel like s**t knowing that you felt/feel that way.

gafan
February 3rd, 2014, 11:18 PM
Mum3blue and Mumto3boys, I am so sorry to hear you both are feeling such intense pain and disappointment. My heart goes out to you both.

gafan
February 3rd, 2014, 11:20 PM
Prayforprincess- Thank you for sharing your story with us. I think I would feel that way too. :::Sending pink dust::::

dreams529
February 4th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Mum3blue I am so sorry sending you lots of hugs & hoping you find the strength you need.

prayforprincess
February 4th, 2014, 09:38 AM
PFP, I totally understand how you feel! I would feel so robbed too, but as Atomic said, it's nothing you've done. :hug2: I really hope your little pink bundle is in there! When are you finding out?

My 12 week scan in is 1 week and I am getting anxious as hell! With all my other kids I couldn't wait for the 12 week and couldn't wait to find out (then always cried in the room when the doctor's told me boy).
But with this one I am scared outta my mind. I want to know so bad, but I am terrified to find out! I just know the pics will tell all and the doctors have always been right at 12 weeks in the past...I'm going to have them write down their "guess" and I'll open it at home. Between their "guess" and the pics, it will be pretty indicative of whats brewing it there.
My dh doesn't want to know - he's not going with me my mother is. I don't think I'll give him the clue, but he'll find out later down the road for sure. He honestly couldn't care less either way. He wants a girl for me - cause he knows how badly I've wanted this and he just wants my desires to be over. I think selfishly he doesn't want to find out because he doesn't want to deal with me if I find out its a boy.

prayforprincess
February 4th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Our life would have been so different with our youngest starting school this year and now back to having a baby and the next 5 years of raising a small child ... it somehow would have been worth it if this baby was a girl, but for me its just more of the same and then on to soccer etc etc. I never imagined my life with 1 boy let alone 4. I knew there was a chance that this could be a boy, but I really thought this was my time to have a girl - now I will NEVER have that chance and its gone, plus I have ruined our future as we have to factor a baby into the mix. I have always waited for that ecstatic feeling being told its a girl and then delivering a daughter, i will never have that.
-(

I could have written this myself.
I think of this all the time and I don't even know gender yet -- but just feel I am doomed to have boy #4.
My youngest is starting preschool in Sept. I was right there -- all 3 of my boys will be in school all day and I can finally have the oppertunity to do something for myself. I got married and had my 1st son right out of college so young at 22 and now that I'll be 32 I feel like I have no identity other than wife and mother. That's all that defines who I am because that's all I've ever done.
I desperately want a daughter and thats why I did high tech over and over again. When it just wasn't working I was unsure. I felt I couldn't just leave things as they were when I was struggling & fighting for baby #4 to come for so long. I felt like because God had seen how much I cried and all the heartache and how badly I wanted it that he would just bless me with a daughter. Now I just feel foolish. It doesn't work that way, does it? This very likely could be a boy and here I am with a 5 1/2, 7 1/2 and 9 year old starting all over again. Like you said Mum, for a girl it would be all worth it; but to start all over for another boy makes me second guess having gotten pg again.
My gf's sil had 2 boys and got pg with #3 last year. When she had her u/s she found out girl and when I received the text I just started to cry uncontrollably. I just felt like I will never have that moment, that moment when they tell me "its a girl!". I have imagined that in my head over and over. I have imagined the birth of a daughter, holding her, feeding her -- everything. But the hardest part is knowing thats all in my head, its all a dream and most likely that's all it will ever be. I hate to say this but I can't help but feel like its so unfair that other get to experience that incredible joy and I never will.
My little man said to me at breakfast this morning..."mommy, what if there's a beautiful baby girl in your belly?" It melted my heart. "I said Dylan, you have no idea how wonderful that would be..."

bunnywabbit
February 4th, 2014, 05:57 PM
20 weeks today, and 20 week scan. Little man is on target for growth and all looks well. He was curled up asleep with his hand up by his face so was difficult to measure, regardless of the walking and jumping. Wanted to check for cleft lip and he was snuggled up right in front of the cord and didn't want to move, could only see half of his nose and mouth. The sonographer didn't seem very worried at all but wants me to come back for a rescan in a couple of weeks just to be certain. Hopefully she'll be able to get a decent look next time. Stubborn little sausage...

AFM the placenta was a little on the lower side. Not placenta previa by a long shot, just lower than their protocol. Again, she wasn't worried but they want to recheck, by then hopefully the position should improve.

aidansmum
February 4th, 2014, 06:07 PM
I'm glad all is well bunny, it's great to know they are healthy! :)

PFP, good luck with your 12 week scan. I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you.

My Doctor just called saying they found an antibody in my blood. He's talking greek as I have no idea what that means, he told me to go there and he will explain but not to panic. Has anyone heard of it? A bit worried now :(

dreams529
February 4th, 2014, 07:24 PM
PFP good luck on your scan fingers crossed for you till than!

Aidansmum I do not know what that means but I'm hoping & praying its not a big thing. Keep us posted until than praying for you!

aidansmum
February 4th, 2014, 10:01 PM
It turned out they found an antibody but don't know which as blood was insuficient, so I had some more drawn and they will find out what antibody it is. the Doctor said the antibody is weak so he's not concerned, that the worst that can happen in this case is that the baby can be born with a bit of jaundice, but he will monitor me and have blood drawn every 4 weeks to make sure it's not getting worse. :rolleyes:

Little Lunasa
February 5th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Pfp best of luck with your scan :)
Aidansmum glad it's nothing serious with your little girl.
Afm I have a scan on fri which will hopefully confirm my panorama results. Can't completely accept I'm having a girl until I see it with my own eyes!

GreaseMonkey
February 5th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Hi girls, just came back from my 12 week scan, everything looked good, baby was active and kicking the entire time. Dr was concerned about the heart rate, baby was high at 190 so he wants me to come back for a 20 week scan and everything! I am still bleeding heavily and have been having nightmares of baby not being viable but all is good :) Here is the nub I got!

Little Lunasa
February 5th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Hi girls, just came back from my 12 week scan, everything looked good, baby was active and kicking the entire time. Dr was concerned about the heart rate, baby was high at 190 so he wants me to come back for a 20 week scan and everything! I am still bleeding heavily and have been having nightmares of baby not being viable but all is good :) Here is the nub I got!

Looks girly to me!
Xx

menlc611
February 5th, 2014, 08:53 AM

Looks girly to me!!!

bunnywabbit
February 5th, 2014, 09:37 AM

PFP, good luck with your 12 week scan. I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you.

My Doctor just called saying they found an antibody in my blood. He's talking greek as I have no idea what that means, he told me to go there and he will explain but not to panic. Has anyone heard of it? A bit worried now :(

I'm wondering if the doctor meant rhesus instead of 'antibody'. If that's the case it's nothing to worry about - just an extra shot you'll need to be given one or twice if you're rhesus negative. x

bunnywabbit
February 5th, 2014, 09:41 AM

Definitely looks girly to me! Girls tend to have a slightly higher heart rate at this gestation. I'm wondering if baby had just finished bouncing around making the heart rate even higher. Congrats, such a cute baby x

GreaseMonkey
February 5th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Not sure bunny, I had asked about the smoking and the coffee and the walking if those were a factor and he said they might but didn't know for sure and just wants me to come back at 20 weeks for another u/s

Threelittlemen2013
February 5th, 2014, 10:08 AM

Sorry to jumpin on this thread, but I saw your question about antibodies pop up in the side forum thread. I had my thrid son last year. I found out at birth that I developed antibodies and my son was diagnosed with NAIT. He is as healthy as a can be (we got lucky), but basically my platelets were eating his. I am glad your doctor is going to keep monitoring you to make sure you have a healthy baby!

gafan
February 5th, 2014, 11:14 AM
I am glad that you are well, Greasemonkey. It is nice to have a 20 week scan to see again that everything is good.

prayforprincess
February 5th, 2014, 12:57 PM
greasemonkey -- looks like a girl to me!

prayforprincess
February 5th, 2014, 01:04 PM

Check out this nub!!! Its ds3 at his 12 week scan. No denying all boy!!
As long as I don't see an obvious nub like this next week, I will be just fine.

carameline
February 5th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Wow! That is one hell of a boy nub pfp! I have my scan a few days after yours, hope we both hear girl so badly x

prayforprincess
February 5th, 2014, 01:47 PM
I hope so too Carameline!

Adainsmum- I did the same online lunar/horoscope type gender prediction u posted a while back and they predicted girl for me. This morning it flew in my head "omg! Aidansmum got a girl prediction and it was right! Hopefully mine is too!" I know it's a long shot but couldn't help wanting to believe in it now :)

snipsnsnails
February 5th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Grease monkey, I think girl too after looking at it. Good luck at your 20 week.
Pfp- hope you hear girl, we're you complaining of headaches with this one? That was my biggest girl sign!

gafan
February 5th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I did the lunar horoscope gender prediction thing too, and they said boy. I hope mine was wrong. : /
I feel like I'm kind of in a different place from some of the moms here because I don't already have kids. I think this will probably be my only kid because I'm 35 and it took years to figure out whether or not I really wanted to be a mother and to convince DH to try to have one (just one!). He is still quite unhappy about the idea of having a kid, although he tries to be supportive of me.
So I hope for a girl but think I'll eventually be fine with a boy. Just two weeks and two days until I find out!

aidansmum
February 5th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Pfp best of luck with your scan :)
Aidansmum glad it's nothing serious with your little girl.
Afm I have a scan on fri which will hopefully confirm my panorama results. Can't completely accept I'm having a girl until I see it with my own eyes!

I asked my Doctor yesterday about the Harmony results and if I could trust that this is indeed a girl. He said 'yes, definitely, no ultrasound will ever give you that kind of certainty', so he was very sure. But I'm also looking forward to that 20 week scan anyway. :)

aidansmum
February 5th, 2014, 04:35 PM

Awww Grease! What a cutie! Congratulations! Hope that bleeding stops, it must be such a nuisance.

aidansmum
February 5th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I'm wondering if the doctor meant rhesus instead of 'antibody'. If that's the case it's nothing to worry about - just an extra shot you'll need to be given one or twice if you're rhesus negative. x

It's not a Rhesus factor as DH is Reshus +, so am I. I've been reading about it and for what the Doctor said it most likely happened because during my last pregnancy my boy's blood 'escaped' the cord and ended up in mine, and even though he is rhesus + and that shouldn't be a problem, the blood cells are coated in different types of protein, that protein can be pretty common to his and his dad's blood but foreign to mine, which caused my body to create antibodies to attack it like it's a virus. So, there's no shot for that, those antibodies will always be there. It could be a big problem if there is a big number of antibodies, but mine is very weak he said, that's why he's not too worried. We're still to find out which antibody it is, some are more aggressive than others. When the antibodies number is very high baby has to be monitored by ultrasound every 2 weeks and may end up having blood transfusion through the cord before it's even born! And premature labour is usually induced because the longer the baby is in the mother, the more chances the antibodies will attack, causing profound anemia and even organ failure. It is a pretty scary thing, but as my numbers are low he said he'll just check my blood every 4 weeks to make sure they are not rising, and if they are not there's not much cause for concern, even though jaundice is very common in that case. Regardless, I'm worried sick, how could I not be? To think that there is a stupid antibody trying to attack my little girl's blood cells??? I cried all night last night and it took dh hours trying to convince me all will be well.

aidansmum
February 5th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I hope so too Carameline!

Adainsmum- I did the same online lunar/horoscope type gender prediction u posted a while back and they predicted girl for me. This morning it flew in my head "omg! Aidansmum got a girl prediction and it was right! Hopefully mine is too!" I know it's a long shot but couldn't help wanting to believe in it now :)

It's not a sin to have hope, even if it comes from an internet website. :) To me anything will do! And they claim a high accuracy, specially if you know the day you had intercourse. I am so sending you so many good vibes for a very pink result!

aidansmum
February 5th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Sorry to jumpin on this thread, but I saw your question about antibodies pop up in the side forum thread. I had my thrid son last year. I found out at birth that I developed antibodies and my son was diagnosed with NAIT. He is as healthy as a can be (we got lucky), but basically my platelets were eating his. I am glad your doctor is going to keep monitoring you to make sure you have a healthy baby!

Thanks for giving me some hope. Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is NAIT and what kind of problems did he have when he was born? Happy to know he's a healthy little boy. I didn't want this pregnancy to be full of worries and concerns, I was so happy that all was going well, I just thought '20 week scan is the last hurdle, if I got through that, there's nothing to fear', and now this...:tissue:

prayforprincess
February 5th, 2014, 06:22 PM
It's not a sin to have hope, even if it comes from an internet website. :) To me anything will do! And they claim a high accuracy, specially if you know the day you had intercourse. I am so sending you so many good vibes for a very pink result!

I hope you are right! I know the exact the day of conception/intercourse because it was only 1x. Even my u/s confirms it. Turns out I ovulated exactly on the day we dtd.
Atomic says that actually more girls are conceived on ovulation day than boys. Here's hoping I can disprove Shettles!!

from2to3
February 5th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Goodness, lots going on - exciting!

GreaseMonkey - glad everything is going well! Hope the bleeding stops. Can't tell you what I think because I don't know nubs/skulls.

Aidansmum - praying that everything in your pregnancy goes well! Hugs!

I wish our sonographers would give us a hint early on. Because of timing we were 10 weeks when we got a look - that's too early to guess from nub or skull correct?! Usually they do another ultrasound at 20 weeks...but I'm hoping with the timing of apts every 4 wks that we can get one scheduled closer to 18 weeks. I'm not going to do any blood tests to determine - I'm too cheap, too scared to get wrong answer or to hear boy, and wanting to wait until I feel baby move and fall more in love with it first. I am so nervous though, based on symptoms I don't have a clue. My mind always thinks girl...but I'm afraid I'm just setting myself up for disappointment and a big blow.

My heart goes out to those of you that didn't get your desired gender!! It can be so hard and heartbreaking. I know I will struggle if I hear boy. I pray that you fall in love with your little bundle anyway, and that it ends up being a great fit for your families. It's crazy...so many people in this group are trying for a girl. Seems like all around me everyone has girls and wants a boy! Now that there's hope for a girl for us, I've been so much happier about DS2 being a boy...he really is awesome, a busy handful, but awesome. Looking past my own desires I am so glad that my boys have each other. Brothers and best friend for life. However, I desperately want this baby to be a girl! My boys say they (have for past year and a half) that they want a baby sister. They have no idea how bad we want them to have one.

I understand about the starting over part. I'm not really 'starting over' because my youngest is 2 1/2, but this 3rd child will be 15 months further apart then my first two. I am a pretty independent person and was looking forward to these boys being a little older so I could get more projects done this summer finally. Also - I won't even have one child in school full-time yet...my oldest misses the deadline by a few days so has to wait a full year to start. He'll be in preschool but that's only a few days/couple hours. So I will have 3 very young children all time. Never thought I'd be one to have a 'bigger' family.

If this one ends up being a boy, I am going to allow myself to mourn for a few days, but then force myself to be happy and think positive. I can't think about a girl all the time, and feel like something is missing...it is too much torture and so unfair to this baby. Hopefully knowing that without a doubt this is our last child will help that...but I doubt it because I thought that last time. (This is definitely our last though.)

from2to3
February 5th, 2014, 07:02 PM
I did the lunar horoscope gender prediction thing too, and they said boy. I hope mine was wrong. : /
I feel like I'm kind of in a different place from some of the moms here because I don't already have kids. I think this will probably be my only kid because I'm 35 and it took years to figure out whether or not I really wanted to be a mother and to convince DH to try to have one (just one!). He is still quite unhappy about the idea of having a kid, although he tries to be supportive of me.
So I hope for a girl but think I'll eventually be fine with a boy. Just two weeks and two days until I find out!

I'm glad you get your chance to be a mommy, it really is amazing! Hope your dh instantly falls in love! Good luck!!

Threelittlemen2013
February 5th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Thanks for giving me some hope. Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is NAIT and what kind of problems did he have when he was born? Happy to know he's a healthy little boy. I didn't want this pregnancy to be full of worries and concerns, I was so happy that all was going well, I just thought '20 week scan is the last hurdle, if I got through that, there's nothing to fear', and now this...:tissue:

NAIT involves the platelet makeup. Basically the makeup I have is incompatible with my husbands. It typically doesn't show up until your second pregnancy because the antibodies develop when your blood mixes with the first babies at birth. My second either was not affected or went undetected. Antibodies supposedly get stronger with each subsequent pregnancy. A healthy baby is born with 150,000-300,000 platelets...my son had 20,000. Whichs means he was at risk for a hemmorage (most common in the brain and spine) which could have resulted in a disability or death. This can happen in the womb or during a vaginal delivery. My little guy had an angel looking out for him because he didn't suffer any bleeds. He had to have 2 platelet transfusions and then was home a week later..two weeks later his counts were in the 200,000s. The antibodies leave the babies body a short time after delivery (2-3 weeks).

I had never heard of this but I was told it happens more frequently than some of the defects they commonly test for! It is treatable in future pregnancies so I can go on to have more children. It just bothers me that it is so common and yet mothers never know they are at risk until their baby comes out showing signs of it (petechiae or bruising).

I hope I am not scaring you with this. It sounds like your baby is in good hands. I am sorry you have to deal with this unknown issue.

aidansmum
February 5th, 2014, 08:08 PM
NAIT involves the platelet makeup. Basically the makeup I have is incompatible with my husbands. It typically doesn't show up until your second pregnancy because the antibodies develop when your blood mixes with the first babies at birth. My second either was not affected or went undetected. Antibodies supposedly get stronger with each subsequent pregnancy. A healthy baby is born with 150,000-300,000 platelets...my son had 20,000. Whichs means he was at risk for a hemmorage (most common in the brain and spine) which could have resulted in a disability or death. This can happen in the womb or during a vaginal delivery. My little guy had an angel looking out for him because he didn't suffer any bleeds. He had to have 2 platelet transfusions and then was home a week later..two weeks later his counts were in the 200,000s. The antibodies leave the babies body a short time after delivery (2-3 weeks).

I had never heard of this but I was told it happens more frequently than some of the defects they commonly test for! It is treatable in future pregnancies so I can go on to have more children. It just bothers me that it is so common and yet mothers never know they are at risk until their baby comes out showing signs of it (petechiae or bruising).

I hope I am not scaring you with this. It sounds like your baby is in good hands. I am sorry you have to deal with this unknown issue.

I never experienced a detected antibody and I've been pregnant 3 times before, so I really hope the numbers will stay very low and nothing bad will happen, I'm certain it happened at the end of my last pregnancy. Hope that's a good sign as it just happened in the last one and I'm not having any more children after this one. I just want this little girl to be healthy. I am glad we will be monitored, so at the first sign of problems it can be addressed. It is a scary thing though. My Doctor is pretty calm about it, so I'm trying to read it as a good sign. Thanks for your help.

Mumto3boys
February 5th, 2014, 08:12 PM
How do I even begin!! I'm 14 weeks and 1 day so says my private scan today... everything is perfect and as he scanned me I searched and searched for a penis, a dangle bit anywhere - nothing, could this be??

I lied to him I said I had a girl and a boy so he wouldn't sway his decision, he then scanned over the potty shots and it was jumping around but he said don't worry we'll wait... he got several shots and in his professional opinion he had no doubt that we were looking at our DAUGHTER!!

WTF!! I said can you look again please barely able to contain myself I just wanted to hug and kiss this total stranger!

I said so your saying there's no sign of dangle pieces anywhere and he said No after checking 3 more times then wrote G I R L on my scan picture.

The blood test was WRONG WRONG WRONG - 95% - I'M IN THE 5%!

Me and my husband have been bawling for two straight hours.!!!

Thank you god and Grace Eileen I'm one step closer to holding you!

from2to3
February 5th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Wow!!!! Congrats!! :)

aidansmum
February 5th, 2014, 08:51 PM
How do I even begin!! I'm 14 weeks and 1 day so says my private scan today... everything is perfect and as he scanned me I searched and searched for a penis, a dangle bit anywhere - nothing, could this be??

I lied to him I said I had a girl and a boy so he wouldn't sway his decision, he then scanned over the potty shots and it was jumping around but he said don't worry we'll wait... he got several shots and in his professional opinion he had no doubt that we were looking at our DAUGHTER!!

WTF!! I said can you look again please barely able to contain myself I just wanted to hug and kiss this total stranger!

I said so your saying there's no sign of dangle pieces anywhere and he said No after checking 3 more times then wrote G I R L on my scan picture.

The blood test was WRONG WRONG WRONG - 95% - I'M IN THE 5%!

Me and my husband have been bawling for two straight hours.!!!

Thank you god and Grace Eileen I'm one step closer to holding you!

Oh my God, that's amazing!!!!!!!! Good on your for trusting your instincts! All else said girl, why wouldn't you??? I am so happy for you, so, so happy!!!!

dreams529
February 5th, 2014, 09:27 PM
mumto3boys I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such great news!!!!!!!!!! I can only imagine how amazing it must have been when you saw that picture with GIRL written on it!!!!!

Aidansmum soooo sorry you are going through all of this. Sounds like you have a great dr. & they will be taking great a care of you & your little girl. Fingers crossed that no other surprises come up for you!

dreams529
February 5th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Greasemonkey adorable baby!! Glad all went well at your appointment & I hope the bleeding stops for you soon!

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Mumto3boys I so so so hope this is the case but until I see more test cases (remembering that this test is still quite new) I would be highly skeptical. Many an ultrasound tech has been wrong and I would not trust the word of a tech at 14 weeks gestation over 95% success. I pray that he is correct and the blood test is wrong.

Mumto3boys
February 5th, 2014, 10:05 PM
I know and if he indicated any doubt I would've too, but for now just hearing those words are enough for me unless the baby can grow a penis in 4 weeks at my next scan for now the 6 pics I have are identical to those who have their scans confirmed. For now theres the glimmer of hope that I will hold on to.
Mumto3boys I so so so hope this is the case but until I see more test cases (remembering that this test is still quite new) I would be highly skeptical. Many an ultrasound tech has been wrong and I would not trust the word of a tech at 14 weeks gestation over 95% success. I pray that he is correct and the blood test is wrong.

Rosie85
February 5th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Sorry to crash the board but just wanted to say to you Mumto3, I have been part of that 5% or less in many aspects of life. It has to happen to someone otherwise there wouldn't be that 5%! In this case it is a good thing, I pray they are right and you are getting your daughter! What an awesome feeling that must be to have been given your hope back!