PDA

View Full Version : Figure after baby no.2?

ThinkPink
June 12th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I will be ttc baby #2 soon and I have been hearing all these horror stories about how baby #2 ruins your figure completely! I got my figure back quick with DS and managed to escape stretch marks on my stomach (got a couple small ones on my boobs). Is it true that it is subsequent pregnancies that totally change your body?

Also, I had quite strong abs before DS as I used to be a dancer. However, I haven’t done any stomach exercises since I had him and im worried that they won’t be strong enough iykwim? Did you do ab work between babies? I would start trying to do some work on them now but im going to be ttc pink and that probably isn’t a good idea!

TTC5
June 12th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Not true, I bounced back well :)

nuthinbutpink
June 12th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I think it just depends on how old you are, how much weight you put on and it absolutely helps to be in shape before conceiving. I have a small frame. My abs split and have not gone back together. I am at my original size pre 4 kids but I cannot wear a bikini. No stretch marks- I think you either are prone to get those or not.

Plum3
June 12th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I bounced back too :) I can't wear a bikini though because my belly button is horrid now. No stretchies though luckily.

xnicolax
June 13th, 2011, 03:24 AM
There is no way of knowing, everyone is different. It depends on your skin's elasticity. I was covered in stretch marks from my first pregnancy, I didn't have any until 40 weeks and was covered in them by 42, they tightened back up and faded but subsequent pregnancies have really over stretched the skin and it just wont go back now without surgery. I agree with the PP who said it helps to be in good shape beforehand, also to try not to gain too much weight during pregnancy (although sometimes that is out of our control). I am the same size I was pre pregnancy too, but I cant show my stomach at all :(

*ruby*
June 13th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I think I bounced back okay, I found it a lot easier to loose the baby weight after no 2 than with my first. Having a newborn and a toddler doesn't leave much time for sitting around so I think that helped. I did get stretch marks though in my second pregnancy as well as ab separation but 3 years on all in good and you can barely see the stretch marks. Still wouldn't wear a bikini though! LOL

gossie
June 14th, 2011, 02:02 AM
I bounced back just as fast with #2 as I did with #1. No stretch marks either time. Didn't do any ab work in between pregnancies either, although I did work out (walked 3-5 miles/day) during my pregnancy with #2.

nicnee1976
June 15th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I am normally slim, didn't put much weight on with DS1 and DS2 and was back to normal size after 4-6 months. DS3 was a bigger baby and I put a bit more weight on and it took 9 months to be back to normal size. I feel like I am carrying more fat with this one, although my weight gain is similar to the others, so we will see!! It is my 4th and I am nearly 35!! I could have some love handles after this one!! One thing is for sure I will have no boobs left after BF this one, they kinda went after DS1!!

purplepoet20
June 15th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I gained a lot of weight with both my pregs and never really worked on loosing weight after. Being denied food as a child tends to make me over eat as an adult. With DS2 the plecenta attached near my belly button area and it has been hard for me to work on my stomach flab but I think everyone should work on the stomach and abs in between pregs so you have the muscle straight to carry another baby.

The only thing I noticed that was different between #1 and #2 is there was a little more bleeding and pain after DS2 was born, pain for about 10 days. I had very little bleeding and no pain within 2 days after DS1.

Out of the Blue
June 15th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I think you'll do just fine! IMO, if you can bounce back from #1, #2 isn't that hard. I agree w/the others...try to be in good shape before you TTC. GL

SugarSpice&EverythingNice
June 15th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Nahhh. I would say that the first baby ruins your figure (if it ruins it at all for some people). I got a ton of stretch marks at 37 weeks with my first. With DS2, my body was the exact same. No additional stretch marks, and I am actually thinner than I was before. If you can bounce back after the first, you can bounce back after the 5th :)

Blonde Baby
June 17th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I thought it was easier to bounce back after #2. I'm actually thinner and in better condition now than I when I was in my 20s.