PDA

View Full Version : Birth of DD4!!

TTC5
June 13th, 2011, 07:59 AM
After the birth of DD3, I was sure that was it for us. Looks like God had other plans for us :ttcgirl:

I was still breastfeeding and had not had a period yet, although had a d&c after DD3's birth and I swear it made me super duper fertile, lol :wink:

She was only a few months old ans started fussing at the breast. I thought maybe I was not making enough milk :sad:

It was Summer and we were at the beach one day and I said to DH: 'Wow there are alot of pregnant women at the beach today, hey!" and his reply "And you're one of them" :wink:

He was saying it all week!! I was certain I wasn't.. so sure I had even packed pads in my beach bag, I was cramping and so sure AF was finally coming. After all, we had only had 1 slip up the night of DH's uncles funeral.. no period yet, breastfeeding I'm safe! So I thought, lol!!

So on the way home, to prove DH wrong after he kept telling me I was, we bought a test.

Got home and I did it. Hmmm this test must be faulty there are no lines. Passed it to hubby and said, "This is faulty, look"..

:omg: TWO LINES!!

Think I went in to shock lol. Threw the test and DH, started shaking and kept asking over and over.. is that a positive?!! He kept smiling LOL..

I did not find it funny!! Told him to throw the test in the wardrobe where I could not see it. A minute later, no get it out lets check again (denial I think!!) And yep I was pregnant AGAIN :nails:

What terrified me was the diffucult birth I had only just been through.

We found out we were having another girl, no GD this time. I just knew it would be another :DD::happy:

37 weeks... I decided to scrub my house top to bottom. I was moody as anything that day, crying alot.. Mum was down for holiday and told me to go have a nap as I was getting little sleep from being in pre labour all week.

Woke at around 2pm to a wet patch. Oh GREAT I've Pissed the bloody bed HAHA Got up and told Mum... she looked at it and then smelt it as only a mother would do, LOL.

It's not urine, it's your waters!!!

PFFT I thought, as if I could be so lucky.

Had a shower to get clean. Mum told me to ring Hubby to come home. I thought nope, going by the last labour I will be here forever, LOL. Sent hubby an sms and told him my waters may be leaking..

So that evening I decided to pull everything out my pantry and do some baking.. DH gets home takes one look at me and says, "The baby is coming tonight then!"..

Gave up on cooking half way through, my tummy was sore and my back hurt and I was so crabby!! DH told me to go to bed if I'm going to be a moody cow LMAO

Off I went and cried myself to sleep hehe

Woke at around 10pm (why do my labours always start at night time just as I get to sleep lol) and my waters had broken for good. Woke hubby up as contractions were starting right away. Only mild but enough to make me know this was it.

We got to the hospital by about 11pm.. they put me in the watching room as labour rooms were all taken. Did the routine checks and I had massive amounts of the runs :suprise: and my waters were just gushing out I was drenched!!

My contractions were picking up and by 3am they moved me to a labour room.

I don't think I had a shower with this labour and I spent most of my time on my knees on the bed leaning over the raised bed. By 7am the midwife told me I had better take my underwear off because a baby had to pass through soon HAHA

No way, I was still laughing and talking in between my contractions I have agess to go!

This labour was wonderful! I was not strapped up like last time, I got to be in the positions I wanted to be in, my midwife was FANTASTIC she rubbed my back and never complained! We have a great time, joking and laughing away. She thought I was nuts.. HEHEHE

So at around 9am she tells me I can push whenever I like.. I had not had a single internal and you know what the less intervention the better the labour, this is what I have now learnt, only took me 4 times to realise lol!

So off I pushed, no ring of fire... I was a little nervous but for the most part had a sense of calm about me :happy:

An hour later, DD was born safe and sound! She cried a little, and as soon as she was on my chest she literally put herself on the breast!! DH got to cut the cord for the very first time. It was all magical!

7pd 5oz and 48cm, perfect apgar, no getting stuck, no cord problems .. could not have gone more perfect.

If you have read my prior two births I hope this gives some hope to other woman who may have had a tough birth experiences to know that it does not always go like that with each labour after the one before!!

DoulaMama
June 13th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Beautiful birth story!!! So happy that you had a great experience! And the "before" story is hilarious!!! LOL

Thank you for sharing with us:HH: :D
xo

Roonarpia
June 13th, 2011, 01:35 PM
YAY!!! That is a wonderful story, so glad it went well for you!

purplepoet20
June 29th, 2011, 02:11 PM
That is amazing so your next one will be even better and pain-free ;)

CapricornAquarius
November 2nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Wow TTC5 thats amazing!

With both my girls I asked for the epidural and they convinced me out of it both times, this time no one is convincing me out of it, I will be firm and demand the epi.

TTC5
November 2nd, 2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys! I did end up with a pph but didn't want to spoil my great birth by sharing that part, LOL

auroara78
December 13th, 2011, 11:17 AM
TTC5, all your birth stories were endearing and awesome! I'm glad the fourth delivery was better than 2 & 3! I cannot believe you managed to have DD1 with no drugs and that she was so BIG!!!

DS1 was 8 lbs 7 oz, and DS2 was a 9 oz, and here I was imagining if we ever had a daughter, she'd be a small little babe at 6 or 7 oz!!! Haha, after reading how big your girls were, I'm sure she'll be as big as her brothers now!

TTC5
December 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks Aurora :)