PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please.

jen75
January 25th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Hi Dr Potter,
I have 3 older boys 17, 14 and 11, from previous relationships one of whom has ASD's. I sadly cycled at another clinic, before i had heard of this site. I was then 37 and we had a BFN. i was then already worried about my age. since then i tried a sway and am now pregnant with DS 4 and absolutely devastated. Dh also devastated as i am so upset. i wish i had never done it!. Ds4 is due in July and i am now 38.5. Dh has high mortality and low motility and we were given clomid i honestly thought naturally we would not achieve a pregnancy as we had been told ICSI was our best chance, but gender selection is not allowed in the uk. this will be my 4th c section. I have always been extremely fertile and have had 12 pregnancies in all, 8 miscarriages. I have recently been diagnosed with a slightly under active thyroid and take 25 microgrammes of thyroxine daily and also was weakly positive for thrombophilia (sticky blood) and was put on injections of 0.4ml of celaxaine for first 12 weeks of this pregnancy. Can you please give me an idea of how long i would have to wait post c section if i were to try and go hi tec again and how likely you think this would be to succeed. i had my ovarian reserves checked by taking blood in sept 2013 and it was 33. they told me that this was a good result for my age. I took 50mg of clomid and produced 2 mature eggs each cycle for 4 cycles From reading the posts on here HRC definitely get the best results and i feel if we can our best chance is with you. can you also tell me if you offer a donor dual tandem cycle and what the costs involved in this are. we would like to look at doing the 3 cycle option, as i feel this would give me the best chance and allow me to be more relaxed about it, but i need to know inc meds what this would cost as we also have to add flights from uk and accommodation.
It maybe out of our reach altogether, but i have to ask.
I look forward to hearing from you,

Dr. Potter
January 27th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Hi Jen75,

You can begin treatment six months following delivery.
However, if you are breast feeding you will need to wait until you have completely finished breast feeding to begin treatment. Once you finish breast feeding we will have you complete your pre testing with your second normal period. You can then begin treatment at the onset of your third period.

Best,

Dr. P