PDA

View Full Version : Genesis does it again

rugbyteam
June 13th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hello everyone.
I got a BFP this morning!!!! I am so happy but so worried things could also go wrong. Felt really sick at 4am so decided to test and when the 2 lines came up I couldnt believe my eyes. Got a blood test in London on friday, the results will tell us how strong the pregnancy is and I really need that information to make me feel more secure.
Going to take it very easy and do everything I can to hold onto her/them. Wow me writing her. Seems weird but nice.lol
Thanks for your support everyone.xxxxxxxx

TTC5
June 13th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Congratulations!!!

nuthinbutpink
June 13th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Congratulations!

Id_Love_Pink
June 13th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Congratulations! I already said, but I can't even tell you how happy I am for you! Can't wait to hear everything :-)

Id_Love_Pink
June 13th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Will your blood results indicate twins or not (girls) lol ? xxx

faithuk
June 13th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Wow congratulations hun xx

blessed
June 14th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Congratulations!

Louby
June 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Fantastic news, so pleased for you!!! REST AND RELAX!! XXX

faithuk
June 21st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Hay rugbyteam hope your doing ok. How did your beta go xx

CajunChic
June 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM
Congratulations!!

jils04
June 21st, 2011, 07:36 PM
That is great news from Europe. Yay !!

Manhattan
June 21st, 2011, 08:55 PM
congratulations. hope you have a happy and healthy nine months!

Petal
July 12th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Yey congratulations!!!

glory
July 20th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Fantastic, contratulations.

lisvna
August 4th, 2011, 09:35 AM
congrats!!!!!!

lisvna
August 4th, 2011, 09:46 AM
hi!
Can i ask you at wich accommodation you stayed during your treatment and how many days you were there? We are going in october so i'm looking for an affordable accommodation.......Thanks!!!

debby
September 9th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Congratulations!!!!

debby
September 9th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Congrats

Babydoctor
September 10th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Congratulations xxx

seven gorgeous babies
October 15th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Me too rugby team!! Loved Savvas and all the team xxx

Tiny Dancer
October 15th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Fantastic news!!!! Congrats!!!!!

aintnocinderella
October 16th, 2011, 02:49 PM
YAY. i am making my appointments some times this week. was it your first cycle? amazing news congrats x x

seven gorgeous babies
October 16th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Third cycle for me!! I had one bfn at other Cyprus clinic and no transfer in California. Are you from uk??

MAMAof4Pinks
October 25th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Hey Lisvna glad to see you here Im (gottohave) on the other site... the monkeys are driving me crazy!

MAMAof4Pinks
October 25th, 2011, 01:25 PM
So how many tries did you do befor eit worked?? Congrats!

angel-pink
November 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
congratulations i'm hoping to go there next year gotta get bmi down first tho wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months

lisvna
November 8th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Hey Lisvna glad to see you here Im (gottohave) on the other site... the monkeys are driving me crazy!

Thank You! Im more over there then here because its so quit here in the public forum......

MAMAof4Pinks
November 9th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Thank You! Im more over there then here because its so quit here in the public forum......

I cant even get on the othr site in days and days, you should join GenderDreaming so you can go in the private forum and if you decide to go to HRC in Cali you get a free phone consult ($300+) and $1000.00 off PGD... Nice huh for just $12.00!
Hope things are going good for you!

SarahEngland
November 9th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Hi guys, first time on here but I'm from the other site. I had ET 6 days ago at Genesis. Can anybody tell me when you think i can take a test with a realistic result and if any of you had a failed cycle how long after ET did you start to bleed? I'm dreading using the bathroom at the moment Im petrified of finding blood.............

nuthinbutpink
November 9th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Welcome. Most of the HT gals are in the Member/Private forum so hopefully they will see this but many of us test 5dp5dt and see a BFP. IF you do POAS now, you can't really totally count yourself out until around 8dp5dt if you are still seeing a BFN. Likely not a viable pregnancy at that point. Good luck! Would love to get your cycle details to add to our Cycle Diaries Forum!

SarahEngland
November 9th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Cool I will buy one today. Took a test earlier and it was negative but then I realised the test was a YEAR out of date so am hoping that's why. Am also thinking that maybe just one of my two embryo's have taken so my levels are low are something. I started my stims on 16.10.11, EC 29.10.11 and had two healthy girls transferred 03.11.11. Fingers crossed. Will keep you updated x

Mollymaybe
November 10th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Good luck Sarah. I've been trying to follow your progress on the other site but I've not been able to get on for ages. Hope you get you bfp! Keep us posted!. X

glory
November 10th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Hi Sarah, I agree with NBP but use an early detection pregnancy test, like first response early results is a good one (or FRER). I have had a chemical pregnancy and it took approx 8 weeks from ET to get a period. I also have had a no transfer cycle and I got my period right on schedule.

Good luck with the testing.

SarahEngland
November 11th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Good luck Sarah. I've been trying to follow your progress on the other site but I've not been able to get on for ages. Hope you get you bfp! Keep us posted!. X

Tested neg this morn :-( 8 dpet. Still no AF so stupidly clinging on to some kind of hope but doesn't look good does it?... Dr told me to test tomorrow but I doubt I'll bother. How can 85% chance of success be mentioned and get your hopes up like that for so many of us to get BFNs recently. Totally gutted.

SarahEngland
November 11th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Glory... you said you've had a chemical preg and it took 8 weeks to get your period. I'm not 100% sure what that means. You mean that you had absolutely no bleeding from your date of ET? Didn't you spend the whole time thinking maybe you were preg? I wish it would just show now to confirm I'm not preg. Will keep taking the meds untl it shows but I got a test that said it was accurate from 5 days before you are expecting your period so I'm reallly not hopeful.

love being a mummy
November 11th, 2011, 05:04 AM
I cant even get on the othr site in days and days, you should join GenderDreaming so you can go in the private forum and if you decide to go to HRC in Cali you get a free phone consult ($300+) and $1000.00 off PGD... Nice huh for just $12.00!
Hope things are going good for you!

Are you talking about IG. I haven't been able to get on there in weeks. Keep getting the error message everytime.

glory
November 11th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Sarah you should do the blood test, it is the only way to know for sure. Most people do show a positive by day 8, but different things can affect that and there are people who show negative on bloods day and are pregnant.

I don't know about the 85% but it is just my opinion that drs throw around statistics and it makes you feel worse. I was told at transfer that 35% for a grade A emby, this is by far the lowest I have seen but there are lots of people getting 80% and not getting pregnant, much more than 1 in 5, thats for sure. Was this your first cycle and did you transfer on day 5? Pregnancy will also depend on that.

The blood test is the only way to know whether you are pregnant or not, tons of girls have heavy bleeding and go on the have perfect little babies. You shouldn't even expect your period, that is if there is no delay till at least 10 days post transfer as this is the normal amount of time in a cycle.

With my chemcial, I had bleeding, but I was on progesterone and my hormone was still rising, so I was told by 2 drs that it was not a period. I have my doubts, but according to them, my first bleeding without hormone rising, was my period and that was about 8 weeks after transfer. I didn't think I was pregnant as I did eventually get hormones that were decreasing. Without the pregnancy hormone there is no pregnancy. I have to say though I did hold out a little, unrealistic hope until I did get my period.

Things like cysts can make your period late also. Let us know how the blood test goes.

Love being a mummy, I think mamaof4 pinks is talking about becoming a dream member on gender dreaming, there is a private forum, where we follow peoples cycles and it is private to general public, so it is easier to ask questions.

SarahEngland
November 11th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Thanks glory you have given me some hope! I thought I was over the hard part.... it seems it doesn't stop. I'll go for the bloods tom and see what happens. At least it'll stop me wondering if nothing else! Best of luck with your bloods xx

Mollymaybe
November 11th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Hi Sarah. I honestly think it could be far too early for a hpt. Don't lose hope yet. It can take some people a bit longer to get a positive result at home. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your bloods tomorrow. I really hope its positive for you. It is worrying me now about the 80% successrate too. I was so excited at the start of October when you were all going out there. Then 5gb got a bfp and I thought it was going to be easy! I kept putting my bfn in august down to the place I went. Now, I'm not do sure. Maybe 20% is realistic? Were your embryo's good quality and did you have any to freeze? Good luck tomorrow. Molly. X

Pink4me
November 11th, 2011, 11:12 AM
SarahEngland how many embryo's did you transfer?

SarahEngland
November 11th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I transferred 2, 1 was hatching, the other wasn't. After some very kind messages I'm now holding on to the vain hope that maybe I am pregnant but only one has taken. I might even skip my blood test tomorrow and see what happens. I was so upset this morning but still no blood so I'm really hoping that one has stuck but 8 days post was too early for me to test. Hubby wants me to wait until sunday morning then retest with a first response test. I used a Predictor kit, it said it was over 99% accurate and you can test from 5 days before a missed period so thought this would be good enough. Now I'm just hoping that it wasn't!

Mollymaybe
November 11th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Hi Sarah. If I was you, i'd be tempted to do the blood test because that's the only way to know for sure. I know how gutted you must be feeling. I was devastated when I got a bfn. It does get easier though. I still think you have some hope yet. That little hatching blast might have stuck. That's the best quality you can get apparently so you stand a good chance. Oh, I tested using predictors with my middle son and they kept saying neg...well, he's 6 now! X x

SarahEngland
November 11th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Thank you thank you thank you.... I'm leaving it tomorrow and will blood test monday. My friend out of the blue sent me a text a few hours ago telling me dreamt I'm preg with twin girls. well i know it's not twins but maybe it's a sign... and your log in name... we picked Mollie for our little girls name if it ever happens!! thanks again.. watch this space...

SarahEngland
November 13th, 2011, 11:29 AM
BFN... by FRER test this morn and blood test. Did everything I was advised as well, no lifting, took it easy, took the drugs on time no intercourse whatsoever etc etc. Anyone have any idea when I can expect my AF. Also one burning question, we only had one embryo frozen. Has anyone had any joy after PGD with a FET? Savvas didn't sound too positive about the thawing process of an FET as if they've had PGD done on them they are weaker than a normal embryo. Am torn between bothering to return all that way and replace just one FET or just start afresh. Any advice?
Hope you are all doing well
xx

nuthinbutpink
November 13th, 2011, 01:22 PM
BFN... by FRER test this morn and blood test. Did everything I was advised as well, no lifting, took it easy, took the drugs on time no intercourse whatsoever etc etc. Anyone have any idea when I can expect my AF. Also one burning question, we only had one embryo frozen. Has anyone had any joy after PGD with a FET? Savvas didn't sound too positive about the thawing process of an FET as if they've had PGD done on them they are weaker than a normal embryo. Am torn between bothering to return all that way and replace just one FET or just start afresh. Any advice?
Hope you are all doing well
xx

First, I'm so sorry. A FET can absolutely work. I transferred my best looking HB and did a SET and BFN. I did a FET with my last two blasts and came out with one baby. He is over a year now. Several of us have had successful FETs and regarding your REs comments about thawing, if they use vitrification and have a decent criteria for what they will freeze, there is NO reason for it not to thaw. Those days are over in IVF. FETs are common place and if it was a blast, it should make it.

I always say go fir the FET. It is so much easier on your body and sine people don't do well with all those Meds in your system at transfer.

If you want to become a member, we have all the cycle diaries and you can see how successful FETs are. I think we have 4 FET cycles coming up in December alone on here!

I'm so sorry about your BFN.

Mollymaybe
November 13th, 2011, 02:07 PM
So sorry Sarah. You must be gutted. It's a horrible feeling but you will feel better in a few weeks. If I was you, I'd definitely use the frozen embryo. I know exactly what you mean, it's a long way just for 1 that might not work but I always thought if I did a fet, I'd just fly over by myself for a few days. That way, you don't need to have an expensive family holiday, just a flight for you. Then, if it didn't work and you decide to go again for ivf, you've not wasted a full holiday on the fet when it's not needed. Sorry, I'm rambling but I hope I make sense! I've also heard fet can work because your body hasn't had all the drugs. Give it a go. Hope you're feeling ok. X

glory
November 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Sarah I am really sorry to hear this, I was hoping that things would be OK for you.

In regards to a FET for sure it can work and like NBP says for some girls it is a better scenario as you and your body isn't so stressed.

If you become a member, we can follow your journey and help you out. A lot of the members won't post on the public boards as they don't want to be known to anyone, but there are lots of girls out there in similar situations, following their cycles is very informative xoxo

SarahEngland
November 21st, 2011, 07:07 AM
Just a quick update, I've decided to go ahead with my FET/SET. Going for a scan to check date of O later on this week and will organise date of defrosting from then. Assuming embryo thaws ok and is still of good enough quality then I'll hop on a plane and stay for a couple of nights then come back.
I'm not getting my hopes up as much as I did last time, would have loved for there to have been 2 to replace. I'm aware than an embryo that's had PGD would be weaker than a normal embryo but if I didn't go ahead I'd be constantly thinking "what if..." seems mad to wait for next year and sorting a family holiday and doing all the meds again when who knows, maybe this is the one... will keep you all updated...

rugbyteam
November 21st, 2011, 01:57 PM
This is great news. Make sure your body is ready, you dont want to take any chances. Good luck and keep me posted.X

lisvna
November 22nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Hi Sarah I wish you good luck and my fingers are crossed for you!!!! Keep us updated!

SarahEngland
December 4th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Hi Sarah I wish you good luck and my fingers are crossed for you!!!! Keep us updated!

Hi lisvna not sure i kept you up to date or not but my fet couldn't go ahead. Scan showed I wasn't ovulating this months i I'm waiting until the new year. Did your af turn up yet? Mine should appear Tom but I don't feel like it will. Guess if I'm not ovulating this month it may not show up for ages yet. Scan also showed I have a cyst on my ovary, nobody mentioned this before. Not sure whether I should be worried or not and if this was caused by er and will go away on its own.

lisvna
December 4th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Hi, yes I have seen your posts.... I hope everything will be okay soon. Im still delayed....10 days. I sent Savvas an email to ask what to do. I have to do a pregnancy test and when this is negative then a ultra sound scan to assess the ovaries for a possible cyst. I hope everything will be okay.....

SarahEngland
December 4th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Hi, yes I have seen your posts.... I hope everything will be okay soon. Im still delayed....10 days. I sent Savvas an email to ask what to do. I have to do a pregnancy test and when this is negative then a ultra sound scan to assess the ovaries for a possible cyst. I hope everything will be okay.....

Ok, do you know what he will suggest if you have got a cyst? When I went for a scan last week they said I had one. Nobody has mentioned one to me before so I wondered if it can have been caused by the ec? I'll be interested to hear the outcome of your scan lisvna I think il be delayed too. X

lisvna
December 5th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I did understand that there is a treatment with progesterone if you have a cyst. But my GP says that I have to wait one more week because it happens often after ivf an delay....most of the times the cyst burst open themselfs she said.....Wednesday I will have a scan if I'm still delayed. Are you on the other site? I am most of the time or you can email me because I'm hardly here....

SarahEngland
December 5th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Hi lisvna yes I'm on both sites, I'll be in touch after you have had your scan. I've read that cysts after ivf are quite common and often they go away by themselves which I'm hoping will happen. It's horrid not knowing when af will come, I just want to move forward and have some idea what is going on with my body!
Good luck with your scan, think I'll wait for this a f then next one before I go for fet so I know my body is back on track. I'll be following you x

lisvna
December 7th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hi, the other site is having problems so I'm here. I have had my scan today and everything was okay, no cysts or something. She said that my af possible come one of these days. she said that I can get medication if I want that my period starts. She said talk with your dr about it if he wants to give it to you. I wil contact Savvas about it and ask him what he thinks. So I'm very happy because all looks great she said!!! Sarah how are you doing?

SarahEngland
December 7th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Hi lisvna, glad all went well with you today, great news no cysts etc sure you will be back on track in no time, I've read on the private boards here that loads of people have cycles of 40 days minimum after a failed ivf round!
I'm a bit confused lisvna, was told at day 13 that it wasn't looking like I'm going to ovulate this month and have a thin lining, best to wait for one af at least before I try my fet. ( this was dr in London who thinks I have infertility) anyway, I've been doing home o tests to check and yesterday I got 2 lines although 2nd line was faint so it's a negative test. Today I tested a few hours earlier than usual and got two very bold lines the same colour. Re tested at usual time and it's only a faint 2nd line again. Don't know whethe to go back for another scan Tom ( if I have good lining and am ovulating I can have my fet by next week!) or just leave it a cycle or two.
Savvas said its fine to go ahead pending the scan results, the sonographer thinks I should wait as he doesn't think my liking will have improved that much. Surely it's way over 5mm now though on day 24!!
Sorry for the massive post I just need gone help and dh wants me to just do what I think is right but that's not helping me!!

lisvna
December 7th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Hmmmm I have no experience with those tests so I can't help you with that. But if I were in your shoes I would listen to dr Savvas and will follow his advice. I think he is honest and he knows the best if you fertile enough or not and If you have a good chance, don't you think? So when he says go for it then go for it and if he says you would better wait then wait! Good luck!

Babyhopess
February 6th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I have been looking for a donor cycle and am pretty much set on Genesis. Did you all have to send advance payment for the total cycle charges? Did any of you used donor egg? I am stressed with the fact the donors are anonymous. Thank you for any feed back about the clinic, places to stay, to see... :)

lisvna
February 7th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Hi, i didn't use donor eggs. We paid in advance because we want to because for us it was cheaper. The clinic is clean and everybody speaks English and nice staff and doctors. I have no complain at all! The first time we stayed in pissouri bay (half an hour drive from the clinic) and rented a villa. We are going back in April, then we will stay in paphos a nice village with harbor and restaurants and dancings etc. we rented an appartment. it's about an hour drive from te clinic in Limassol.

Babyhopess
February 7th, 2012, 09:29 PM
We will pay in advance via wire transfer as we were not offered any other options. I am not familiar with this payment method and it worries me a little. Did you have a written contract with the clinic or just the email communications? Did you rent a car or taxi every appointment? If so, is the service reliable? I am wishing you good luck with your upcoming cycle :)

lisvna
February 8th, 2012, 06:21 AM
We had just email communication but when you are there then you will get your bill that you have paid. Please don't worry it's al gonna be alright! You can also pay cash there I think. We rented a car because we stayed in pissouri bay (half an hour drive). Now we stay in Paphos (hour drive) so we also rented a car with the same car hire agent. Cyprus people are really very nice! Don't worry!

SarahEngland
February 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
We went to Genesis back in November 11. Savvas didn't mention a thing about the bill, a nurse just came and got me to sign a form on the day of my first scan... could have even been EC day to be honest. You really have nothing to be worried about. I actually logged on to internet banking at my hotel the day after EC and paid by BACS and the exchange rate really worked in our favour. (bit cheeky but wanted to check that they had some eggs from me before I paid all that cash - besides, they never asked for it before!!) Just be warned, if you want to pay by card in the clinic there is a 3 or 4 % interest charge. We stayed in Atlantic Oasis Hotel in Limassol and it was a 10 minute 10euro cab journey. Hope this helps!!

Mum23boys
July 8th, 2012, 03:34 PM
sarah do u mind me asking how much all in all it cost with the 12000 euro to the clinic plus hotel, travel, spends etc ? Im wondering how long it will take us to save to be able to afford to go down this route...

Laine77
July 30th, 2012, 02:18 PM
damn other site lol
3rd time post

Does anybody know price for freezing and FET if bfn

Thanks girls x

nuthinbutpink
July 30th, 2012, 02:30 PM
sarah do u mind me asking how much all in all it cost with the 12000 euro to the clinic plus hotel, travel, spends etc ? Im wondering how long it will take us to save to be able to afford to go down this route...

If you post in the member section, more of the Savvas gals will see it!

Doublechoc
August 2nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Freezing is 800 euros FET 2000 euros

Laine77
August 10th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Thanks Doublechoc can anyone give me the name of car hire?

Have blue- NEED Pink
August 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Hi could you tell us more about how you cycle and how it all works? thanks so much x

lisvna
August 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM
We hired our car at Regency, Limassol. They bring your car to your accommodation of your choice (we stayed in Phapos hotel/appartment Sofiana).

lisvna
August 11th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Have blue, welcome ;) what exactly do you want to know? There is so much to tell!

rubyroo83
March 9th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Congrats!