TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Girl
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
boy, 2 miscarriages, boy, 1 miscarriage
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
No
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? No diet plan

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I had done a modified form of the LE diet from Jan/Feb 2013 up until we got a BFP in April 2013, but after that baby died due to a neural tube defect, I decided not to do anything special for diet. I was not eating as boy-friendly as when I conceived my sons, but only because we couldn't afford to eat as well as we're used to.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
N/A
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
No
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
-
DId you consume alcohol? Often- daily

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I cutback
Any Diet Details?
I didn't drink caffeine before and didn't start at any point - just kept avoiding anything with more caffeine than a chocolate bar.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
-
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
140lbs, BMI: 24
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
I was 15lbs heavier when I got pg this time than when I got pg with my second son. I had gained 5lbs on LE, 5lbs while pg with the miscarried baby, and 5 more while I was recovering from the miscarriage. I went from the lowest BMI in the normal range to the highest. I was sure this would mean a boy!

I was also doing a moderate amount of exercise - walking several miles at a time a few days a week pushing 3 kids in a double stroller. This was after being a total couch potato all spring for our previous sway.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
unknown
Any VG potions used? NO

CM pH at attempt
unknown
DH pH
unknown
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation 2 Days Before O
O Day

Any additional comments?
-
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Other

BD Position
Multiple
Did you Jump and Dump? No

Any relevant attempt details?
We were totally not going to try this cycle and decided to in the heat of the moment on the day I thought I was ovulating. I actually O'd 2 days later, so we DTD again on actual O day. I cannot recall if or when DH released outside of those attempts and I can't remember if I jumped and dumped at all.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Baby asprin
folic acid

DH Supplements
ETA: I forgot that DH takes Zoloft. He was not on it when we conceived our boys.
Any additional supplement info?
Baby Aspirin and Folate were to help prevent miscarriage (I have a clotting disorder and used baby aspirin to get my second son after 2 miscarriages).
Did you do anything with Ions?
Nope. I think I had even stopped wearing my rose quartz and amethyst bracelets by the time we had our attempts.
Moon Phase during conception?
Waning Crescent
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
Nope. The dress and spoon that were under the bed for my first sway that ended in m/c were in a totally different room, even.
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
I had not one shred or iota of hope that we would get a girl. It was such a classic boy sway!
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
N/A
Things worth mentioning:
DH was smoking (he didn't when we conceived our boys). It was my third cycle after a miscarriage (baby passed at 9 weeks, D&C done at 13 weeks). Since we were not even TTC, let alone swaying, I was really chill about everything compared to past months TTC.

atomic sagebrush
January 30th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Thank you so much for doing this, it's SO helpful for people!

I am so so so happy for you!!

Rainbow baby
January 30th, 2014, 05:59 PM
It is so so refreshing to see that even if you don't do all the swaying stuff and are leaning on the opposite side of things you can still have a baby of desired gender! It gives all the oppsy mummys hope. I am sorry you lost your lil one, this becoming a mother thing sure isn't as easy as they make out it is. I am so glad your blessed with a healthy lil girl congrats.

bethwade
January 30th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Congrats!!!

Sihaya
February 1st, 2014, 09:55 AM
Thank you!

Out of curiosity yesterday, I looked up the moon stuff and I o'd about 2 days before the new moon. I was on the cusp between boy and girl according to the moon angle calculator (http://www.moonsigncalendar.net/moonangle.asp) (my boys were both conceived on boy moon angle days). The chinese gender chart I use (http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/cal.html) (that was right for my boys) also said girl.

I'm finding this interesting because I think that with a strong sway, these things don't matter at all, but with an oopsie or weak/non-existent sway, maybe they could help a tiny bit :shrug:

NCBeachyGrl
February 1st, 2014, 11:10 AM
Congrats!! You give me hope about my oopsie!!

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2014, 11:46 AM
I do think the moon phase (the size of the moon itself, new vs. full moon and not supernatural stuff or ions, just to clarify) may help sway a bit! Good to know. :)

lovemy2blessings
February 1st, 2014, 12:56 PM
Congrats! I gives me hope as I'm gaining weight;(

Mulberry Smurf
February 1st, 2014, 07:01 PM
Congratulations :) I think both my boys were conceived during boy phases of the moon funnily enough! Xx

Sihaya
June 22nd, 2014, 11:06 PM
I know I haven't been around at all this pregnancy, really, but wanted to update that Penelope Josephine (Poppy for short) was born safe and healthy at home this morning! The first thing I did was check to see that she was *really* a girl! Thank you over and over again, Atomic! I know it wasn't a GD sway success, but it's still a success in my book!

myurkanin817
June 22nd, 2014, 11:25 PM
Congrats!!!!!

SamS_TTCPink
June 23rd, 2014, 02:36 AM
Awww....she is adorable!! 💜

marriedmomof2
June 24th, 2014, 10:32 AM
awww congrats she is so adorable!

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I know I haven't been around at all this pregnancy, really, but wanted to update that Penelope Josephine (Poppy for short) was born safe and healthy at home this morning! The first thing I did was check to see that she was *really* a girl! Thank you over and over again, Atomic! I know it wasn't a GD sway success, but it's still a success in my book!

What a dear little bug!! I am so so so happy for you Sihaya.

bethwade
June 24th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Congrats!!! So happy for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk