PDA

View Full Version : Is this really a girl? Did our sway work??

TickledPeenk
January 30th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Here's the backgroud- My OB did a quick scan at 20w5d and guessed girl (exact words were "it could be a girl but the tech will be able to tell you for sure better than I could") With my son at 21w0d his boy parts were VERY obvious and I could tell clear as day during his scan while the tech was measuring his femur, even before he officially took a look at the goods and declared boy. During this scan, I definitely did not see anything sticking out and pretty sure I saw a couple of flashes of what looked like labia to me, but it was hard to tell from my viewpoint since the screen was partially tilted away from me.

Then I had my anatomy scan on Tuesday (21w3d) and at first the baby was shy, keeping her (?) legs very close together. Then when she went to check again, they were more open and she said girl and pointed out 2 lines. After doing all the official stuff, she looked again a few minutes later and the legs were open a little wider and again, 2 or 3 lines were visible and definitely no boy parts or anything that could look like boy parts sticking out as she went back and forth. I know lines are what are looked for, but I thought it was typically 3 lines that you need to see to confirm girl? A friend of mine has me second guessing now since she said she thought 3 lines was girl and 2 lines was boy. The other thing that has me second guessing is the heart rate. I know it's an Old Wive's Tale and has been debunked by a study but the tech said that the majority of the babies she's seen have fit in with the theory of > 140 bpm being girl and under being boy. The HR was 124 bpm during the scan. (Though it's usally been around 144 or so on the doppler... my son's was also not in the theory though, his was usually around 150 or higher) Now I'm all confused because I'm obviously not a tech so I don't really know. A tech that is popular on BBC (Turtle) said she can't tell from the u/s pic so that made me even more worried...

Here is the print out of the "potty shot"

and here is a link to an excerpt of the ultrasound- Anatomy Scan - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_xkVwnX1NI) (Apologies that it's small and for the graininess and watermark, I used a free trial editing software to be able to zoom in a little bit since DH used his phone to record and was standing a few feet away and didn't zoom in on his phone)

Also in terms of theories- Old Wives Tales said 13 for girl 6 for boy... including baking soda test and chinese gender chart and my inuition all for girl. This pregnancy is very different from the one with my son. This baby was also measuring much smaller than my son did- his head measured over a week "ahead" and his legs over 2 weeks "ahead" She (?) is exactly one day "ahead" on both those measurements and 14 ounces.

Here are the shots for skull theory:

And for good measure, here is the "potty shot" from DS at 19w6d:

And his profile shot from 21 weeks:

So what do you ladies think?? Safe to wash all the cute girl clothes I already bought??

atomic sagebrush
January 31st, 2014, 02:23 PM
If doc and tech say pink at 20-21 weeks, the odds are super duper good it's a girl. Your potty shot looks pink to me too. I'd be washing clothes if I were you.

Since you swayed, we'd love it if you posted in our Add Your Sway section Add your Girl Sway! (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/)

nuthinbutpink
January 31st, 2014, 02:37 PM
20 weeks should be pretty accurate! Congrats! Yes, please post your sway!!

Arthur's sis
February 3rd, 2014, 01:54 AM
Could you please share your sway with us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk