PDA

View Full Version : is DHEA gonna sway me to blue?

mydream
June 13th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I am currently taking 75 mg of DHEA after 2 failed IVF cycles that I had hoped would have given me my dd. So if I decide to sway will DHEA hinder this..and sway me to blue?? HELP!

Zivic-Bubac
June 14th, 2011, 06:54 AM
If you are doing HT for your DD it won't sway because they do IVF, it won't happen in your body.
The idea with DHEA when trying natural is to make more y-friendly environment in mama's body ( and of course makes strong O)

For HT attempts, you are given DHEA to make strong ovulation and as many embryos as possible, not to attract y-swimmers.

If you are doing natural, maybe consider something else? IDK if Vitex has similar effest and it sways pink.

nuthinbutpink
June 14th, 2011, 07:33 AM
I don't think so but I know it is not recommended for PCOS patients that might have elevated Testosterone levels. It is a pre hormone and DHEA in our bodies makes BOTH estrogen AND testosterone(and other hormones), so I don't see how it could go one way or another.

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I don't think so but I know it is not recommended for PCOS patients that might have elevated Testosterone levels. It is a pre hormone and DHEA in our bodies makes BOTH estrogen AND testosterone(and other hormones), so I don't see how it could go one way or another.

Well it seems that high estrogen and testosterone both sway blue.

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I am currently taking 75 mg of DHEA after 2 failed IVF cycles that I had hoped would have given me my dd. So if I decide to sway will DHEA hinder this..and sway me to blue?? HELP!

Here is the place where swaying gets iffy and difficult to understand. It's not as easy as popping a pill for a particular gender unfortunately.

If you think of gender swaying a continuum, where hyperfertile people or ~perhaps~ those whose fertility level is drastically improving, tend to have boys, people with declining/reduced fertility tend to have girls, and then people with even lower fertility cannot get pregnant at all, then DHEA could potentially sway blue IF you are starting off at a place where you are still fertile to begin with.

If you're starting off hyperfertile, you don't need DHEA and it may even mess you up hormonally by raising estrogen and testosterone, so you stop ovulating.

If you're starting off in the "girl zone" of reduced fertility, taking DHEA may boost your fertility, raise estrogen and testosterone, and sway blue. However, some of this can be overcome by other methods.

If you're starting off in the "infertile" zone, then you may NEED DHEA just to help you get pg at all and in that case, it could help you get pg with a baby girl.

Unfortunately, you can't go off your HT results to decide whether or not the DHEA is going to sway blue for you because I have seen several people get pg naturally and easily after several failed HT cycles (with both boys and girls). I'm not entirely sure that egg health is the same as overall fertility of the kind that sways.

As a general rule I think it's best for pink swayers to stay away from DHEA BUT if you feel that your egg health is not so hot, then you may need the DHEA to get your eggs up to snuff. If you cannot get pregnant, you have no chance of your DG.

For anyone reading this who is not familiar with DHEA and how it works, it is a precursor hormone to all the sex hormones that control reproduction - all the other hormones are made from DHEA. It can help people improve the health and chromosomal integrity of their eggs. If you are under 40 you do not need and should not be taking DHEA unless advised to by a doctor because it can affect fully fertile people in a negative way.

mydream
June 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks atomic...so helpful.
I am really thinking that my body did not like IVF or at least the protocol I was on twice....my pretesting are telling me and my RE that I do have some good eggs left....huh..now I don't even know if I should take DHEA....

Flava
June 17th, 2011, 09:38 PM
atomic-I want to take DHEA when I ttc I will be 37 and it took a long time last time to get a bfp. I think I was taking it at the end. Anyway I don't remember when do we start it? For the 3 months before ttc or just for 6 weeks or just for the last month?

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks atomic...so helpful.
I am really thinking that my body did not like IVF or at least the protocol I was on twice....my pretesting are telling me and my RE that I do have some good eggs left....huh..now I don't even know if I should take DHEA....

Have you asked Dr. Potter about it? Here is a thread that you might want to read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?3505-DHEA

Personally if I wanted a girl, I wouldn't take the DHEA unless I was over 40 or a doctor had told me that my eggs were not good. I would just be patient and know that it might take a bit longer to get pg.

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2011, 11:05 AM
atomic-I want to take DHEA when I ttc I will be 37 and it took a long time last time to get a bfp. I think I was taking it at the end. Anyway I don't remember when do we start it? For the 3 months before ttc or just for 6 weeks or just for the last month?

Flava, in your case since I do know you had trouble conceiving the last time and you want a boy, I would def. consider taking the DHEA. I wouldn't take a ton of it, just 25 mg, and start it NOW to TTC in Oct.

Flava
June 19th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Start it now this early? Why is that? I was thinking it's enough for the 3 months to make sure that egg is ok. I don't know...Im even scared to start in Sep. because I want to try and get a bfp in Oct. so much. BUT no1 said I will right? Then I gonna think why didn't I tried in Sept. already? Agghhh just so hard to decide what to do.

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2011, 01:17 PM
My thinking is, since the egg takes 3 months to develop, if it's in your system BEFORE those 3 months start, that can't hurt and may help. If you want to wait until the 3 month mark, that's fine but after looking into it, it seems safe and like it really DOES help your eggs/prevent miscarriage.

Flava
June 20th, 2011, 06:23 PM
ok thanks for that:o