PDA

View Full Version : How bad is it to eat shell fish?

kaseybaby
June 13th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I had this amazing wedding to attend over the weekend. They had litterally buckets of lobster tails and other shell fish. I tried to control myself, but I ate some and had fish in butter sauce.

How bad is it to eat? I was going to try tonight for my June sway.

Indira
June 13th, 2011, 04:42 PM
My guess would be that shell fish once in 6 weeks of low everything diet wouldn´t completely ruin your sway, it would be bad if you had eaten it twice a week in the 6 weeks before your attempt. So I would say go for it!
I just love the thought that anyone of us pink dieters could get a BFP in 2 weeks and could start EATING again :happy: !

kaseybaby
June 13th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I feel the same way Indira. I just feel like because of the stomach issue I had some of my diet got totally messed up. I can only do so much though, because I have another wedding next month a vacation this month, a weekend get away next month, swimming, etc. I feel like most things are going to mess up my sway this summer. If it isn't one thing it is another.

Indira
June 13th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Yes, it might get harder to stick to the diet, def. go for it!
You have having been sick too that helps your sway!
:luck::fx::luck: Good luck!!

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2011, 08:52 AM
AUGH I'm sorry I just saw this. Some of these urgent posts need to have sirens or flashing lights attached haha.

Shellfish is the safest, most pink-friendly source of protein out there. Plus, protein takes time to add muscle mass anyway so any protein you ate right before your attempt isn't going to matter too awfully much. I hope you wnet ahead with your attempt.

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2011, 08:55 AM
My guess would be that shell fish once in 6 weeks of low everything diet wouldn´t completely ruin your sway, it would be bad if you had eaten it twice a week in the 6 weeks before your attempt. So I would say go for it!
I just love the thought that anyone of us pink dieters could get a BFP in 2 weeks and could start EATING again :happy: !

EXACTLY! (((standing ovation)))

If you think about our prehistoric ancestors, which is probably where all these swaying mechanisms came from anyway, even when times were bad they probably stumbled onto a honey tree or bunch of shrimp/lobsters now and then. Feast or famine!!! It's only when the overall pattern of food intake sends that signal to your body that resources are abundant, then it begins to matter.