PDA

View Full Version : 39

alinar
February 7th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Hi I am 39, and trying to concieve my third.....am I too old? Does anyone have any good points or stories?

Little Lunasa
February 7th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Hi! There's loads of hope, I'm 43 and pregnant, did a light pink sway so as not to lower my chance of conception too much. Took six months to catch the 'golden egg' and it's been confirmed I'm having a girl. Best of luck :)

Hobbermittens
February 7th, 2014, 02:32 PM
I swayed and conceived my youngest when I was 39! You are not too old. I did worry more about chromosomal defects, but I did a lot of tests to ensure that he was healthy. There are even blood tests now that you can get instead of something more invasive.

Good luck TTC!

strawberrymom
February 7th, 2014, 09:30 PM
I turned 39 eight days after giving birth to my third. Took longer to conceive than the others (don't know if it was swaying or age). Good luck!

alinar
February 8th, 2014, 09:21 AM
thanks guys :) I needed a positive pick me up.

Keshet
February 8th, 2014, 08:29 PM
I did a light pink sway and got an immediate BFP at 41. It's still early, so time will have to tell if this sticks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ever hopeful
February 9th, 2014, 03:20 AM
I got pg easily and naturally at 38, 41 and 43, no swaying though. Good luck x

alinar
February 9th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I would love to see your sway!

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2014, 05:47 PM
I got my 4th son at 39 and my daughter at 41 1/2! It is def. possible for many people.

aidansmum
February 10th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Lots of good stories and outcomes, you're not too old at all! I am 40, expecting my 4th child and fell pregnant on second cycle! And I'm also member of a facebook page of pregnant ladies over 40, it's very, very possible! Good luck and don't wait too long, get down to it :)

Keshet
February 10th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Lots of good stories and outcomes, you're not too old at all! I am 40, expecting my 4th child and fell pregnant on second cycle! And I'm also member of a facebook page of pregnant ladies over 40, it's very, very possible! Good luck and don't wait too long, get down to it :)

What's the Facebook page? I'd actually love to be in touch with other moms my age. It would be nice to get some support from those who understand. I have a fear that once I start showing, everyone around me will have judgements about my age and number of kids.

Little Lunasa
February 10th, 2014, 03:15 PM
What's the Facebook page? I'd actually love to be in touch with other moms my age. It would be nice to get some support from those who understand. I have a fear that once I start showing, everyone around me will have judgements about my age and number of kids.
I was worried about this too Keshet, but my boss advised me to present my news with great optimism instead of voicing my own concerns about my age and risks etc. So thats what I did, and havent had one negative comment (at least to my face anyway lol)

aidansmum
February 10th, 2014, 09:31 PM

This is the link. Hope it works

https://www.facebook.com/groups/109319299117273/

Mum to three girls
February 23rd, 2014, 04:37 AM
I swayed and became pregnant 39. We tried for three months before I successfully conceived which is the longest it's taken. I did have two chemicals before the 3rd stuck which may have been due to older eggs or may have just been chance. It was an uneventful pregnancy and delivery and he's completely healthy.

alinar
February 24th, 2014, 12:01 PM
what was the difference between concieving you girls. diet supps ect. I am swaying for girl..have two amazing boys

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2014, 03:37 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/1877-how-we-made-girls-girl-moms-pink-dust.html alinar check out this thread, it's from moms of girls and tells all about what they were doing when they conceived their girls

alinar
March 14th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Thank you that's an awesome thread!...I dont know if anyone has any advice, I am going to see my OB the end of the month. I am spotting a week before my period is do, but I am taking saw palmetto and vitex. Wonder if that means poor egg quality?

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2014, 08:13 PM
No, it typically means low progesterone; however, it can also mean low estrogen (both V and SP may lower estrogen).

I would let those two possibly fall by the wayside and see if the situation improves. Also be sure you are getting adequate fat intake, 1 serving of full fat dairy a day may really help.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
March 30th, 2015, 08:32 AM
I did a light pink sway and got an immediate BFP at 41. It's still early, so time will have to tell if this sticks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

What did you get? If you're still on here? Or does anyone else know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keshet
March 30th, 2015, 12:28 PM
That ended in a blighted ovum. This was after I had tried HT twice at 38 and 40. The blighted ovum was a result of my light sway. I decided at that point at 41.5 to go to full steam ahead with infertility treatments. The RE advised me not to do PGD because I was not producing enough eggs and they were not likely to make it to day 5. I did 2 rounds of IUI's with clomid and injectibles and 2 rounds of timed intercourse with Injectible medications. The fourth of this series of cycles resulted in success. I am now 13 weeks pg and decided not to find out gender until the end. I guess that infertility cured me.

Keshet
March 30th, 2015, 12:28 PM
And I am about to turn 43.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
March 30th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Wow! What an update! And congratulations!!! I could totally see infertility as being a game changer for not really worrying about the gender.

Keshet
March 30th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Wow! What an update! And congratulations!!! I could totally see infertility as being a game changer for not really worrying about the gender.

I do still think about gender and what else could I have done. So I am not completely cured. But I have been humbled out of thinking that there is much more that I could have done to control my biology without taking an even bigger toll on my existing family. I am growing to be ok with letting go and feeling extremely lucky to have gotten pregnant at my age. It was really hard to get here on so many levels. I really hope that this one sticks and is healthy. Good luck to you.

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Oh Kesh I only just now heard about this!! Huge congrats!!!

Keshet
March 30th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Thank you, Atomic! I appreciate your support over the years. I'm still not out if the woods yet, but getting closer. I am hoping that others may glean from my story which echoes the advice that you have given, that if you are going to do HT or to sway, to please not wait. Do it early. It is much harder as we get older, even if we got pregnant easily earlier.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
March 31st, 2015, 12:22 PM
Solid advice.

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2015, 06:49 PM
Thank you, Atomic! I appreciate your support over the years. I'm still not out if the woods yet, but getting closer. I am hoping that others may glean from my story which echoes the advice that you have given, that if you are going to do HT or to sway, to please not wait. Do it early. It is much harder as we get older, even if we got pregnant easily earlier.

:bowdown: x a million!

Annie82
December 27th, 2015, 09:14 PM
HI
Im 39 and just got a BFP!! only after a 1year 3 months of trying!! I thought maybe things were "rusty" down there, but persistence pays off. I'll give birth at 40, our 3rd and last baby. All the best in your attempt!

atomic sagebrush
December 29th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Congrats Annie!!

more pink
December 29th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Congrats :) wishing you happy & healthy pregnancy :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Traci25
January 28th, 2016, 08:41 PM
That gives me hope did you post your sway?!