PDA

View Full Version : Facebook research

SpicyTunaSushi
February 7th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Hi Friends, :wave:

I am due in August and wanted to join the chat. Hoping for a blue bean!

I have 2 dds and was tired of overhearing people say that if you have 2 of one gender, you are 75% likely to have the same. I know that isn't true based on the Chance/ingender article. SO, I went through all of my facebook friends who have 2 dds and then took note of their third, and after 45 samples (which is a lot, when you think about it), and it was a very slight lean towards GGB, vs GGG. I am sure there are similar results when you look at 2DS followed by DS or DD.

I was wondering if anyone else wanted to see what results they get. :) Hoping that swaying gives me an edge over the 50/50 chance.

SpicyTunaSushi
February 7th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Oh, and I also included if I knew if that facebook friend came from a GGG or GGB family to, to up the samples.

odd
February 7th, 2014, 05:56 PM
I come from a ggb family. .and hubby from bbg :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

SamS_TTCPink
February 8th, 2014, 12:56 AM
I have one younger brother and I've had 6 boys! I read that the chances of having 6 of one gender is only 3% though and 7 is 1.7% so were still hoping for a DD! :fingers:

Sending you all my blue baby dust!! :)

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Thank you for sharing this!!! We should start a Facebook research project - all of us have tons of friends and family members we can quickly add up, and while it's true that some of us do know a disproportionate number of people who are all boy/all girl moms and swayers/HT, I still think we could get a pretty good representation to finally put that "75%" bull crap number to rest! :)

I can tell ya right now, my mom has GGB, my great grandma had GGGGGGBB, and I know a girl from IG who had GGGGGGGGBB!!!

carmella_marie
February 9th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I'm from a family of GBBBB and my husband is BGG. I know several moms with BBG and several moms of GGG. but I never thought to do a little Facebook research, good idea!

NCBeachyGrl
February 10th, 2014, 05:30 PM
My mom comes from GGB and my dad BGG. There were lots of preschool moms I saw that had mixed genders too!

aidansmum
February 10th, 2014, 09:21 PM
My mum comes from BBBBBBG family and my dad from BBBG. They had GBG.
My mother-in-law comes from a GGG family and father in law from BB. They had BB.
I had BB from first marriage and BG (finally) second marriage.
My first husband came from a GBGB family but not one of them had a girl, all boys!

maria02
February 11th, 2014, 06:24 AM
Is it sad if I say I've already done similar FB research?! I have a list on my phone all ready to go (maybe I need to find a new hobby!!!) 7 GGB's and 6 GGG's.
My mum is included in that, she had GGB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpicyTunaSushi
February 11th, 2014, 04:52 PM
haha. Love it. But, even though that is a small sample size, it is basically 50% (with a little lean towards GGB, which is what I saw too). Everytime I hear of another GGG family, a GGB family is made known to me too. Not 75% My list had around 45 families and it was close to 50%, leaning GGB. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

sbowman
February 21st, 2014, 10:24 AM
This is interesting. I took a survey of my friends. I don't know too many people who even have three kids, and most that do get a pp first, so I didn't count them. Out of 30 families whose first two children were the same gender, 16 had the same gender again (12 BBB and 4 GGG) and 14 had the opposite (10 BBG and 4 GGB). Pretty even split it seems. And one family had GG and then BG twins so didn't know where to put them. Also, two BBB families eventually had a girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk