PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody heard of this theory before?

carameline
February 8th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I read on ingender a while back (while pg with ds3) that headaches can occur during boy pregnancies between weeks 11-14 as this is when the testes start developing and secreting testosterone.

I'm into my 11th week... And the headaches have started :(

Am panicking its a major boy sign. Has anyone else heard of this? I'm hoping I dreamt it, lol. I had headaches at this stage with ds3 tho :(

carmella_marie
February 8th, 2014, 06:15 PM
I've had 2 boys and no headaches. Sounds like a silly old wives take. I wouldn't worry about it.

snipsnsnails
February 8th, 2014, 06:56 PM
I read on ingender a while back (while pg with ds3) that headaches can occur during boy pregnancies between weeks 11-14 as this is when the testes start developing and secreting testosterone.

I'm into my 11th week... And the headaches have started :(

Am panicking its a major boy sign. Has anyone else heard of this? I'm hoping I dreamt it, lol. I had headaches at this stage with ds3 tho :(

It was a big girl sign for me! I know everyone is different but I had 3 boys very sick but never any headaches. With this pregnant I was sick again, not as bad but still lasted until 19 weeks but the dreaded headaches started at 10/11 weeks and lasted until 19 weeks. It was horrible where I just cried at night they hurt so bad. I had them all day/night. Nothing took them away and was looking at acupuncture the 19th week since I was so desperate. They all went away and I feel great now. So nope, it was all girl for me:)

SamS_TTCPink
February 8th, 2014, 06:59 PM
I have six boys and no headaches at all during pregnancy, after they were born it's was a different story....they always give me headaches! Lol! ;)

Rosie85
February 8th, 2014, 07:03 PM
I had headaches whilst pregnant with boys but I have headaches all the time in general...I think it is just another silly theory.

Dreamofpink
February 8th, 2014, 07:12 PM
No headaches or m/s with ds1 or ds2. Bad nausea up to 14 weeks plus headaches & nosebleeds with ds3! So different but all boys. :D

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

carameline
February 9th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the reassurance ladies! Another throbbing headache today!

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2014, 12:01 PM
I got excruciating headaches with some of my pregnancies literally from BFP and they actually kinda went away at that point.

SpicyTunaSushi
February 11th, 2014, 04:54 PM
No headaches with my girls. :)

from2to3
February 11th, 2014, 07:12 PM
I didn't really get any headaches with my boys, maybe one or two random ones. This time (don't don't what it is yet) I got really bad headaches from around 9-11 weeks. Seems better now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brinny
February 12th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Headaches, hair growth, midnight snacks and dizziness were my preg symptoms and I have 3 boys.
The draino and urine test always showed me I was having a boy (I always got my DP to do the test for me so I never breathed the fumes, he video recovered the colour for me).

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Drano and urine and cabbage tests do not work, please don't bother with them ladies.

Brinny
February 12th, 2014, 07:05 PM
They're a bit of fun - not 100%

atomic sagebrush
February 13th, 2014, 10:51 AM
For anyone who can go into them keeping it fun it is fine. I have seen too many people be very upset, or perhaps even worse, falsely elated over the results of these tests only to be utterly crushed at ultrasound, and they do nothing other than test the pH of the last foods you ate/drank. :)

SpicyTunaSushi
February 13th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Ok, change that, bad headache last night. :)

Brinny
February 15th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I do all those silly old wives tales to pass the waiting :)
It's fun when you find out the gender at ultrasound and can say what did get it right.
All in good fun.

Definitely don't do then if you're going to get upset by carrying a particular gender etc

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Carameline now you know why you feel different - TWO babies = more symptoms

carameline
February 19th, 2014, 01:36 AM
Hehe, that's right!

Everything has been so much more exaggerated... Bad sickness, falling asleep anywhere, bad headaches, bad constipation, and I'm so windy think hubby is considering a divorce! Can't believe I didn't have a clue before the scan, just thought I had one MEAN baby in there :)

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2014, 02:40 PM
I think the wind gets worse with every pregnancy. I couldn't even stand to be around myself with my last 3 pregnancies! o.O

Abifasc
February 19th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I got intense migraines with my boys and I've heard it's a boy thing. I have heard of moms of girls getting them too though so I don't think it's gender-specific.