PDA

View Full Version : SUCCESS RATE ON GENESIS CLINIC CYPRUS

mywish2
February 10th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Hello,

I really want to know about the success rate of ivf/pdg on genesis Clinic.
Because am thinking of going there next Month.

I need more information about this Clinic.

Any advice is welcome.
Thanks

jo doc
February 19th, 2014, 03:01 PM
hi! not sure on their success rates, i am also looking into going to genesis but nothing arranged at all yet. can i ask where you are having your tests done before traveling out? thats the bit i am not sure of how to go about! hope everything goes well for you!! jo

nuthinbutpink
February 19th, 2014, 03:36 PM
All I can tell you is on here what we see- around mid 30's% success. Some have had success with Donor eggs there. The link to the Cycle Diaries that has the results of the Members' cycle on here is here- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/international-clinics/25947-international-clinic-summary-data.html

nuthinbutpink
February 19th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Actually, with people using their OWN eggs, 31.8% success rate.

wanting_aboy
February 22nd, 2014, 06:58 AM
Hi,

I am new on here. I have recently been in touch with Genesis regarding doing IVF and PGD there. I am not satisfied with Dr Savvas's response to my email...it's not very informative at all and it has taken him 4 days to get back to each email I send. His staff don't talk english very well...as someone else has posted online.

I have already done my pre-test at a place in Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham called Cherish-UK, they were expensive all the test cost £745.00.
The reason I carried out my test was because I was going to go ahead with North Cyprus and then found out their success rate was terrible....alittle too late and really bad reviews online! I was meant to be going for treatment in March but now haven't found another clinic since finding the bad reviews a week ago.

I'm in limbo. Not sure what to do...I'm trying to get information on which clinic has the best success rates for IVF AND PGD...I don't mind travelling anywhere...if the clinic have good success rates for first cycles. I'm 30years old and I don't have any infertility problem at all.

Any suggestions on clinics?

Many thanks,

Wanting_aboy!

lisvna
February 22nd, 2014, 09:43 AM
If you can afford it and don't mind traveling go to HRC or another good clinic in the US. Good luck!

Petal
February 22nd, 2014, 11:30 AM
Is Dogus the other clinic in Cyprus you're talking about, definitely don't go there!!!! we haven't seen 1 pregnancy!!

Genesis is a better option if you are set on a European clinic or even ********. Wow, £700 is a lot for the pretesting but at least you've got it out of the way now. If you've got time on your hands and the money id consider going to the states x

Pink rose 76
March 11th, 2014, 06:26 AM
Hiya wanting a boy,

I too have been in contact with genesis in South Cyprus. The dr was ok at first as I have been gathering information since November last year. But as I have inquired with more detailed questions he hasn't been answering but his assistant has. I must admit it has been taking them a week to get back to me which isn't good.

I previously used Dogus back in summer 2012 who were dire. I can't believe I went there but I was desparate.
I have never been on this website before I always stuck to ingender, but I ve now joined and wondering whether the us is the way forward. They seem to be more informative and everything is more transparent. Plus you have the added bonus of them being able to speak English!

ever hopeful
March 11th, 2014, 07:33 AM
If you can afford/have the time I'd definitely consider going to the US - either a clinic in NY or otherwise HRC in California, mainly because success rates are higher and they use 24 chromosome testing as standard now, which definitely seems to improve rates pretty significantly.

However, Genesis is certainly an ok option if you can't and realise it might well take two/three attempts - quite a few of us have had success there. Savvas is great and very professional and once you are in Cyprus will spend time with you and answer questions fully - however, he's very busy. Everyone at Genesis speaks pretty fluent English, so that shouldn't be a concern. You will also find when dealing with US that after the initial consultation, most correspondence will be from a nurse rather than the Dr, which ultimately makes sense, so that they can concentrate on what they do best. If you are keen to do this quickly, also need to realise that you can wait up to three months for an initial consultation with some RE's at clinics in NY.

Really good luck in making your decision and so hope you get your DG soon xx

Pink rose 76
March 17th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Thanks ever hopeful! I think I may have to resort to genesis. I know they have a lot better reviews than most in Europe and of course Cyprus.

Can I ask how many attempts it took yourself to get pregnant? I wAs really hoping one go if not, get enough decent blastocysts to freeze for a FET. Did you go down this route at all or was it fresh cycles for each attempt?

Also, wondering whether he suggested to you using myo-inositol products, such as inofolic. They are supposed to improve egg quality?

Many thanks for your advice

PR76

Mollymaybe
March 17th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Savvas does prescribe inofolic. If he doesn't suggest it, just ask. Try not to worry over the clinic...the staff speak very good English. I never had a communication problem there. Its nothing like Dogus! At all!! I'd be prepared for having to cycle multiple times though. There are OHW, but not often.

Pink rose 76
March 18th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Hi mollymaybe, thanks for the support. I see you've been to genesis a few times. So you are obviously happy with them. Did you do any cycles without inofolic? As just wondering if it does make a difference. I've only heard good reviews over its use. So, yes I will be using and along with a host of supplements; royal jelly, vit e, extra folic, omega, vit c, zinc and co enzyme Q. Then I think I've got everything covered along with eating more dairy, less low fat and loads of fruit and veg;)

Can I also ask what you mean by ohw?

lisvna
March 18th, 2014, 07:47 AM
One hit wonder (pregnant at first try)

ever hopeful
March 18th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Hi Pink Rose, I've been to Genesis twice - first time Nov 12 I was a OHW at 44, transferred my one and only XX but sadly m/c at 9 weeks. I then went back in June 13 and did a tandem cycle (my eggs and donor eggs) and transferred 2 xx, one mine (fully tested) one donor (Fish tested) and had my DD 5 weeks ago. I feel very lucky that it worked for me as some people have had to go back quite a few times and still not had success even with DEs. I was only on prenatal and Coq10, and eat a fairly low carb diet normally. Until recently we have seen practically no one having success at Genesis with a FET but recently Itstime got pg with a planned one, so that can also happen which is great for anyone cycling who has got spare's left over. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions. Good luck and really hope it works for you. xx

Mollymaybe
March 18th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Hi mollymaybe, thanks for the support. I see you've been to genesis a few times. So you are obviously happy with them. Did you do any cycles without inofolic? As just wondering if it does make a difference. I've only heard good reviews over its use. So, yes I will be using and along with a host of supplements; royal jelly, vit e, extra folic, omega, vit c, zinc and co enzyme Q. Then I think I've got everything covered along with eating more dairy, less low fat and loads of fruit and veg;)

Can I also ask what you mean by ohw?

Hi Pink, I did 3 cycles without inofolic but would definitely recommend you take it straight away. It can't hurt. Savvas just sends it over to you.
I do like the clinic, but then I went to Dogus first! Ha! That was horrific. But Savvas really cares about us getting pregnant and has helped me loads financially so I've been able to continue. Would just be nice if it had worked first time, or 2nd...or even 3rd!! Ha! 6 fresh cycles (inc Dogus) was hard going. Hopefully you won't have that problem though! Really hope all goes well for you. Lots of luck. PM me if you ever need :)

Egreta
May 19th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Hi, I was stupid enough to go to Genesis 4 times last year. I used my own eggs twice, got good quality embryos but did not get pregnant. Then tried donor eggs (good quality fresh and frozen embryos). The clinic gave me 95% success rate with donor eggs. Did not get pregnant. The doctor was very positive every time telling me: I am 99% sure you will get pregnant this time (to make sure I would come back), and he acted very surprised when I gave him the negative results. After the third attempt I started getting very suspicious and when I came to the clinic the fourth time for the frozen embryo transfer we both knew it wouldn't work.
The doctor didn't want to discuss the negative outcome in the clinic wanting to wait for the blood test results (of course it's easier for him to send an email to a very disappointed patient). And now he doesn't even want to explain how come none of the good quality embryos didn't attach, blaming my uterus causing trouble. Shouldn't a doctor check if a uterus is good enough to be able to carry a pregnancy before IVF? (I have 2 kids from normal conceptions and no fertility problems)
So after paying 25 000 Euro to the clinic (not including hotels, tickets, medicines, ultra sounds) I didn't even get a proper explanation why it didn't work and now he doesn't really want to deal with me.
I liked him in the beginning, seemed like a professional doctor. Now I am really wondering if I ever had anything transferred at all. Did anybody else get pregnant there?

ever hopeful
May 20th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Egreta, I replied on your other thread. I'm so sorry it didn't work for you, for some people sadly it takes much longer than for others and for a few it just doesn't seem to work. I certainly wouldn't question though whether Savvas did put something back. There is someone else on here that had a similar experience to you in Cyprus went the US and used a DE and got pg first time. I really hope you can cycle again at a different clinic with a different protocol as that can often be all that it takes. Really hope you get your DG in the end. x

boy please
June 7th, 2014, 10:41 AM
hi im in the uk and having pre testing done for pgd with microsort in about august time in cyprus. I am going to the n.cyprus clinic does anyone have any opinions on them

nuthinbutpink
June 7th, 2014, 11:06 AM
hi im in the uk and having pre testing done for pgd with microsort in about august time in cyprus. I am going to the n.cyprus clinic does anyone have any opinions on them
We don't have anyone use them really. Years ago, people were not very successful there but it's been a long time since we have had anyone go there. More info in the Member forums. Dream Membership is required to access the private forums.

ever hopeful
June 7th, 2014, 02:48 PM
I'd really recommend you become a dream member it's only $12 and worth every penny. Sccess rates and experience in N Cyprus have not been good. Genesis is an option in S Cyprus and has much better results although not as good as US. If it had not been for this site I would have gone to N Cyprus and so glad I didn't as now have my DD. Good luck. x

pgdgender
February 5th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Hello Ladies,
just joined!
trying to find out the latest update on Cyprus clinic success rates and any better option in Europe like in the Czech Republic.
Any latest update on Dr.Savvas clinic success rates and do they now offer full 24 chromosome testing.
Thanks

nuthinbutpink
February 5th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Day 5 biopsy is offered in the Czech Republic. We've seen good results with them. Genesis seems to be in the mid 30% range per attempt.

SaraB
February 6th, 2015, 04:29 AM
Hi,

Im a OHW from Genesis! At the time I did my PGD I was 25 so that helped me alot I guess! Now we are thinking about getting a little sister in 2-3 years and im already thinking over what clinic we should choose, cause around 29/30 maybe its little bit harder and for sure USA have the best results! Whats the name from the clinic in NY? Or is there many? Is there common to be a OHW at around 30?

SaraB
February 6th, 2015, 05:11 AM
Im a OHW from Genesis! Cyprus is a beautiful place to be in also for the family if they join! Dr Savvas and the staff was very nice and friendly! I actully lost my medication cause of lost luggage but Genesis fixed that right away even if it was late evening! :)

SaraB
February 6th, 2015, 05:22 AM
Oops sorry wrote 2 times!

Pink rose 76
February 6th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Hello Ladies,
just joined!
trying to find out the latest update on Cyprus clinic success rates and any better option in Europe like in the Czech Republic.
Any latest update on Dr.Savvas clinic success rates and do they now offer full 24 chromosome testing.
Thanks

Hi,
Genesis offer only Fish 5 probe testing, so 5 chromosome testing included in their package. If you want full chromosome testing then it's €400 per embryo.

Clinic r are a lot cheaper than them but you can't go asking for gender selection as it's illegal there, so you have to wait and see what embryos you egg and then you get the choice of which one to put back.

Both clinics are fine. I do think you get more questions from genesis as he likes to get your protocol right but it's difficult with both clinics in that English isn't the first language of either clinic. I was happy with both.

Good luck x

pgdgender
February 6th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Hi,
Having only Fish 5 probe testing (5 chromosome testing) and full chromosome testing per embryo.
Does it really make the difference in success rate? it would be great if you can share you experience on this.

Also Clinic r in CZ, sorry but im unable to Google it, is there a website address for this.

any suggestion/guidance to choose the pretest and scan clinics with reasonable price around London and Birmingham.

nuthinbutpink
February 6th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Hi,
Having only Fish 5 probe testing (5 chromosome testing) and full chromosome testing per embryo.
Does it really make the difference in success rate? it would be great if you can share you experience on this.

Also Clinic r in CZ, sorry but im unable to Google it, is there a website address for this.

any suggestion/guidance to choose the pretest and scan clinics with reasonable price around London and Birmingham.

All of this info is in the Dream Member section. It's $12 to become a member to access all the private forums.

heather_twig
February 17th, 2015, 03:57 AM
Hi!

do you know how to get past the first contact with clinics in Czech Rep? I was open bout gender selection and they (of course) said no we dont do that, thats illegal and I said ok but what if I have other reasons and so we went on but I need to know before we go there that we can actually choose the sex :) Do you know what I'm getting at? Hope you have some more information! :) Kind regards, Hanna

nuthinbutpink
February 17th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Information about international options is found in the private forums. Dream a Members can access the private forums. It's $12 annually. Click on memberships and plans to sign up.

Blueplease
February 24th, 2015, 11:50 PM
Hi

Does anyone know the exact success rate for Dr Potter at HRC. Also I am a dream member but alot of the forums I want to access (the green highlighted ones) are saying private and I need to joing. Can anyone advise. Thanks

nuthinbutpink
February 25th, 2015, 07:11 AM
You can check sart's site for overall stats for HRC. 64.9% of transfers end in a live birth for all of their fresh cycle patients. The national average is 47.1%. They are a top 20 US clinic. https://www.sartcorsonline.com/rptCSR_PublicMultYear.aspx?ClinicPKID=2557

Keep in mind that most people that cycle there only transfer one embryo. When evaluating clinics, many average over 2 embryos per transfer to yield their success rate.

swatidubey06
November 24th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Hi,

I am new on here. I have recently been in touch with Genesis regarding doing IVF and PGD there. I am not satisfied with Dr Savvas's response to my email...it's not very informative at all and it has taken him 4 days to get back to each email I send. His staff don't talk english very well...as someone else has posted online.

I have already done my pre-test at a place in Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham called Cherish-UK, they were expensive all the test cost £745.00.
The reason I carried out my test was because I was going to go ahead with North Cyprus and then found out their success rate was terrible....alittle too late and really bad reviews online! I was meant to be going for treatment in March but now haven't found another clinic since finding the bad reviews a week ago.

I'm in limbo. Not sure what to do...I'm trying to get information on which clinic has the best success rates for IVF AND PGD...I don't mind travelling anywhere...if the clinic have good success rates for first cycles. I'm 30years old and I don't have any infertility problem at all.

Any suggestions on clinics?

Many thanks,

Wanting_aboy!

hi
please help me . I am living Manchester.which one is best

ever hopeful
November 30th, 2017, 04:04 AM
If money isn't an issue - go to a clinic in US - much better success rates, GS is legal and so you an openly discuss. A lot depends on pre-testing though. Good luck x

Liliana
June 7th, 2018, 06:09 PM
Hi I payed the membership, but still can’t access the private forums can you help me?