PDA

View Full Version : Time is going so slow!!

NCBeachyGrl
February 10th, 2014, 02:18 PM
I don't know what is going on, but time is moving SO slow!!! I can't focus on work, don't want to watch tv, don't want to do anything, and I feel so anxious!! I just wish I could hurry up and get to my first scan (not until March 10th). I need help passing the time!!

At least I'm going out of town next Sunday for a few days, but other than that, I am miserable!! What is everyone else doing?

Keshet
February 10th, 2014, 03:04 PM
For me too.

NCBeachyGrl
February 10th, 2014, 03:08 PM
When is your appointment? I need someone's appointment or something to look forward to that doesn't seem so far away!!

Keshet
February 10th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I have my first appointment on Wednesday. I have to admit that I'm feeling mixed up about whether or not I shouldn't have tried one more IVF cycle before swaying. It's bothering me. I'm happy to be pregnant, and really just want this to be a healthy child. But also worried that I barely swayed.

odd
February 10th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Candy crush. ..lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

NCBeachyGrl
February 10th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Lol!! I've even lost my drive for candy crush bc I've been stuck on this level forever!!

kellbell827
February 11th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I don't have my next appointment until 2/28 and I also feel as though the time is passing SOOOO slow!! I have had some u/s and know that thus far, everything is great w/ this little one but until I actually HEAR that heartbeat, I just can't relax! In the meantime, I am still sick as sick can be. I think my boobs have literally doubled in size - I was small to begin w/ though, and I am definitely starting to show a little bit. I am trying on at least 2 or 3 pairs of pants on now daily to find some that fit, right now I am down to two pairs that actually still fit. I refuse to break out the maternity stuff just yet - I am almost 10 weeks but I neeeed to hear that heartbeat first. We saw the heartbeat with both babies we lost and thought everything was ok so while I am truly trying to stay positive, I just need that reassurance.
On another note, I have my MaterniT21 test on Friday (2/14) and should know the results for that by the end of the month!!

NCBeachyGrl
February 11th, 2014, 10:12 AM
That is so exciting you find out so soon!!! I would be dying!!

Rosie85
February 11th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Beachy, you got accidentally pregnant too soon! You know how chatty I can be! This board would be anything but slow! :rofl:

kellbell827
February 11th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Yes, I am definitely chomping at the bit - moreso for just good news that the baby is healthy. My husband seems to think that b/c we have one of each that I should just know what we are having this time.:rofl: Wouldn't it be nice if it worked like that? I have no clue either way even if I was going to analyze the symptoms!!

NCBeachyGrl
February 11th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Beachy, you got accidentally pregnant too soon! You know how chatty I can be! This board would be anything but slow! :rofl:

LOL!!! I'm about to get in on your TTC pink thread, 2WW, and future swayers so watch out! Ha!!

Rosie85
February 11th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Come on over!!

kellbell827
February 11th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Not gonna lie though, I am really hoping to hear that we will have another little girl to complete our family. We did sway pink.

NCBeachyGrl
February 11th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Yay!! I called to see if they could move my appointment and they did! Now I have my first u/s on Feb. 26th instead of March 10th. The lady was surprised they had made my first u/s at 9.5 weeks so now I have it almost 8. Hopefully that will be far enough along to see the heartbeat, right?

kellbell827
February 11th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Oh yeah! You should be able to see baby's heartbeat by around 6-7 weeks. I was 6w3d when we saw ours. I was 8w6d w/ my last u/s and we could clearly see the arms and legs too! Baby still looked a little bit like a blob lol but a cute blob w/ extremities! Yay! I am glad you were able to get it sooner!

coralsky
February 11th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Hi ladies! Sorry I have been meaning to update the other thread- had first scan on Saturday and all looking good so far :) was measuring 7+2 and saw (and heard) heartbeat!! She said nothing to cause any concern and all looking good so far :) so I do feel a lot better now, but also finding time is dragging just as much in my looooong wait for next scan at 12+5 now LOL :)

Beachy that's great you have got your scan moved up, that will MUCH quicker in coming round :)

Kellbell so exciting it's not long till your matB21 results, fx

I am trying to decide whether to do this blood test or wait till 16wk gender scan to find out, not sure what to do! Ideally I would prob rather know pink or blue asap but the blood test is sooooo expensive here! Plus I'm not sure if waiting a bit till I feel some flutters first (hopefully) might be better, and might help ease any potential GD if I hear blue? Oh I don't know what to do, aaarggh! Opinions welcome :) xx

Keshet
February 11th, 2014, 04:21 PM
That is a tough decision. I wonder if there is anyone on here who just waits to find out the gender at birth. I haven't done it before, i always wanted to know early, but I think it might be a good option for me.

Keshet
February 11th, 2014, 04:27 PM
That is a tough decision. I wonder if there is anyone on here who just waits to find out the gender at birth. I haven't done it before, i always wanted to know early, but I think it might be a good option for me.

coralsky
February 11th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I did with DS, BUT only because DH wanted a surprise I was dying to know LOL. Still can't believe I managed to hold out! So I am def. finding out this time, only question is when!

I think a few on here do wait till birth though, and it is nice to get a surprise when baby arrives :) I would just worry (for me) that IF I did have a little disappointment I would rather deal with that before baby arrives! But I really admire those who have the patience (and desire) to wait :)

NCBeachyGrl
February 11th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I was going team green with DS3..couldn't bare to see/hear boy again. BUT after my nub shot, I just had to find out b/c I knew it was a boy and had to get confirmation. Which I did without DH knowing. I was able to deal with it on my own and then by the 20 week u/s we had the tech write it down and he accidently saw and he was OK...dealt with a little GD himself. But, in the end, it was much easier b/c I was genuinely happy by 20 weeks.

pebmcpd7
February 11th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Beachy, really hope you get your girl this time round, I'm sure you will with it been a OOP'S!!!! XXX

NCBeachyGrl
February 11th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Beachy, really hope you get your girl this time round, I'm sure you will with it been a OOP'S!!!! XXX

Aww!!! thanks! Are you planning on evening out the #s and going for pink one more time?

kellbell827
February 12th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Hey girls! I would love to go team green this time but there is no way I have the patience lol. Plus, when I mentioned it to DH, he didn't want to wait either. We have a girl born in June and a boy born in July and this one is due early September so we are well prepped w/ clothing and what-not but he didn't want to wait - I think we may complete our family with this lil one. The main reason we are getting the blood test is to check the genetics stuff. With our last loss, the baby had 3 copies of each chromosome. The genetics counselor said it was random - we both did a full genetic screening and both were normal so really there is no reason to believe that there would be problems but I just have to know that everything is ok. Finding out gender is just an added bonus - although I am super excited to find out.

coralsky
February 12th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Yeah I know what you ladies mean. I def want to find out gender this time so I can deal with any potential disappointment asap and also to be prepared before the birth too :) still trying to decide whether to do the blood test tho...

On one hand it is soooo much cash for something I could find out with a reasonably cheap scan 3-4wks later and I could use that money for some extra assurance scans and some baby purchases...
But on the other hand I KNOW that if I don't find out for sure by 12-13wks I will end up obsessing over scan photos till I can get a gender scan at 16wks, and if I get lots of girl guesses early on only to find out its a boy later- I think I would find that tough...prob a lot tougher than finding out it is def a boy in the first place...does that make any sense? LOL
Aaaaarrrggh really don't know what to do!!!

kellbell827
February 12th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I completely understand what you mean Coralsky! I would be dying to know even if I wasn't worried about my history! I lucked out w/ my son, well sort of. I had an SCH w/ him and a partial previa so had scans very frequently during the 1st & 2nd trimester and we found out w/ him when I was about 16 weeks - 3 weeks earlier than I was scheduled to b/c he was NOT modest at all lol!! I suspected he was a boy but honestly until recently, I had NO idea that you could even make guesses as early as 12-13 weeks. I wish I still lived in that bubble haha b/c now that I know I can find out early, I need to!!

I can definitely see both sides of it. Although if the test wasn't covered by the insurance it wouldn't even be an option for me b/c I don't have the extra $$ to pay for it right now so I would just have to suck it up and wait lol.

NCBeachyGrl
February 12th, 2014, 03:44 PM
My OB office offers a 13 +3 week scan and testing. I am going to do it b/c I just want a nub pic! I know it is torture though and last time caused so much stress. But, I just can't help it b/c I want to know!!

coralsky
February 12th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Thanks ladies :)

I am far too nosey and impatient too LOL. But I am thinking I prob wouldn't get results of test till 13wks (they send it off to US so takes a while for results) so 3wks later a private ultrasound place will tell me at 16wks which is much cheaper and with the extra cash I could maybe have an extra scan at 13.5wks ish so I (ok, we ;)) could try and have a good guess ourselves?? That is prob the sensible thing to do but I am not always sensible ;) x

pebmcpd7
February 12th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Aww!!! thanks! Are you planning on evening out the #s and going for pink one more time?

Would love a girl this time, but will it happen!!! think I am gonna leave it all in gods hands!!!

kellbell827
February 13th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Soooo had to break out the maternity clothes today. Not quite sure how I feel about that yet lol. It seems so early - I am just 10 weeks - but literally, NOTHING fits me now!! I did try to use a safety pin and that was also very uncomfortable. I guess that is what happens w/ subsequent pregnancies. Also, does anyone know what the absolute earliest is that one could feel movement? I SWEAR I have felt a few flutters over the last few days and I would like to think that I know what I am feeling lol but it could just be that I want so badly for everything to be ok that it is wishful thinking!!

NCBeachyGrl
February 13th, 2014, 09:12 AM
I was like that with DS3! i started wearing matrnity pants at 8 weeks. This time doesn't seem to be so bad...yet! Although I pretty much live in leggings all day so they will stretch with me!

My mom is coming in town not this weekend, but next and I am trying not to tell anyone until my u/s (she will be here for that) so I am afraid I will be showing by then and have to spill the beans.

I can't remember when I felt movement with DS3, but I do remember it being really early!!

kellbell827
February 14th, 2014, 09:51 AM
And the loooooong wait for the results of the MaterniT21 test begins!!!! The nurse who drew my blood told me 7-14 days for the results. That feels like an eternity!!!!

NCBeachyGrl
February 14th, 2014, 10:20 AM
And the loooooong wait for the results of the MaterniT21 test begins!!!! The nurse who drew my blood told me 7-14 days for the results. That feels like an eternity!!!!

Oh wow!! That is so exciting and nervewrecking at the same time!!!!:nails: