PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh... what to do if I NEED antibiotics?

lovey dovey
June 15th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I'm on my way to the doctor shortly. My son has strep throat and it appears that I probably do as well - I have all the symptoms, anyway. If I do, I'll be prescribed antibiotics, and if I remember right, these are not great for a girl sway. I expect to ovulate in 3 weeks and have been sticking to my sway and diet so well this past month - how bad would a course of antibiotics be this far out?? I almost hate to go in, but I know that step can have some rather serious complications if left untreated.

Also, I would love to take some pain reliever - either ibuprofen or tylenol - does anyone know if either of these would be okay?

Thanks so much.

Zivic-Bubac
June 15th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Both ibuprofen and tylenol sway pink. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1285-Medications-that-sway-girl-thread-(tylenol-and-ibuprofen-sway-girl!)&highlight=ibuprofen

Being sick sways pink too, but if you really need antibiotics, then take them. Antibiotics sway blue by making alkaline environment and it takes 6 weeks to get them out of system.

lovey dovey
June 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks so much for the response, Zivic. I was relieved to have the rapid strep test come back negative. Looks like just your run-of-the-mill sore throat and fluid behind the ears - ouch - I'm finding loads of sympathy for my ear-infection prone kids! I was so glad to get that news -- no antibiotics needed. To treat, just some Sudafed to clear the fluid (which is okay around ovulation, so I'm assuming it's okay this far out, too) and ibuprofen -- glad to hear that it sways pink! Thanks again!

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Oh thank goodness! Just to answer the original question I would have advised that you skip this month if you had to take antibiotics! But Sudafed, ibuprofin, and illness itself all sway pink.