PDA

View Full Version : am i stupid to believe

moof4
February 15th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Hi

We sometimes talk about adoption, and i wonder is there anyone from Australia that has four children that have been able to adopt their desired gender? money is a real issue as sad as that is and how much did it cost?

thank you in advance

xxx

Adia
February 17th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Sorry, I am from the USA so I have no idea about Australia adoptions. It is sad how expensive it is. You would think it would be easier and less costly when it is such a good thing.
Best of luck to you!

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I too would have loved to adopt and it was too expensive for us. I hope it works out for you!!

1+2+3boys
June 7th, 2014, 06:34 AM
How much does adoption cost? More or less than PGD? I was adopted and I am pretty sure that was free but that was a long time ago

oncue
June 9th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I believe in NSW, adopting a child from within Australia costs between $2800 to $3600 and this is government fees/paperwork. For adopting a child from overseas the government/paperwork fees that are paid start from $9700 and this does not include any agency fees, flights, interview fees, visa applications, translation services etc etc. So you would have to account for those additional costs (and whatever the country you adopt from charges too). I've read that on top of this you must undertake a course and interviews, reference and police checks (which is fair enough) and one parent must be a stay at home patent for at least 6 months when the adoptive child comes into their care to assist with the transition. If you adopted more than one child the fees are less each time. Most of the information on adoption is available through the government websites if you google them, and I do believe different states have different protocol.
I don't think it would matter how many kids you currently have as long as you could prove that you could provide for all of them adequately. I know there is a big push for adoption policies to be looked at esp fees. It's something we consider doing too when our kids are a bit older. Good luck! x

Wanting a daughter
June 24th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Some friends of mine started the process for an international adoption and were forking out money left, right and centre. I think they worked out that the total cost (including fees, charges, flights to go pick up the child etc) would come to pretty close to $80-100,000. They got about half way through before they fell pregnant and had already paid about $40,000.

CRAZY!!!

The Anchor
June 25th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Some friends of mine started the process for an international adoption and were forking out money left, right and centre. I think they worked out that the total cost (including fees, charges, flights to go pick up the child etc) would come to pretty close to $80-100,000. They got about half way through before they fell pregnant and had already paid about $40,000.

CRAZY!!!

Bitter sweet...but I LOVE these stories :)