PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if I'm misscarying

Keshet
February 15th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I'm 6+ weeks. My HCG was 15,000 on Wednesday afternoon and is 18,600 this Friday morning. Dr. says that she would have liked to have seen the numbers double, but that having at least a 15% increase is ok. But she will continue to watch. Anybody have similar #s and still have a viable pregnancy or is this a lost cause?

nuthinbutpink
February 15th, 2014, 03:29 PM
HCG stops doubling at some level but I cannot remember what level! Definitely not a lost cause unless you are bleeding but if he is concerned why in the world did they not do an u/s?? At 6 weeks, you can see the heartbeat!

carmella_marie
February 15th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I agree with NBP, of dr concerned why no us? If you're not bleeding or cramping then I wouldn't worry about it at all.

NCBeachyGrl
February 15th, 2014, 04:54 PM
I agree with the others! I had a m/c at 7 weeks and I started spotting first, then it got heavier and heavier. My beta had increased, but just slightly. Hopefully you will get in to get an u/s to see what is going on.

Keshet
February 15th, 2014, 06:11 PM
I had an ultrasound on Wednesday when I was 6 weeks 2 days. There was a yolk sac, but they couldn't see the embryo. They measured 5 weeks 2 days. They thought that it seemed small, which is why they had me do blood tests. I have another us scheduled next Friday. But, they did not sound hopeful. Also, I should add that I did have very light pink, then brown spotting which stopped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Keshet
February 15th, 2014, 06:12 PM
I should also add that I am 41 and conceived naturally after 2 failed IVFs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

nuthinbutpink
February 15th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Well, only an u/s will tell at this point. Good luck!

Keshet
February 27th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Ultrasound confirmed that its over. Dr. gave me pills to induce the miscarriage. I'm trying to figure out the best time to take them--how long is the bleeding? Do I need to have someone around to help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpottyBear
February 27th, 2014, 05:39 AM
So sorry for your loss :-(

ever hopeful
February 27th, 2014, 05:40 AM
O, I'm so sorry to hear this especially after your two failed rounds of IVF - so unfair. I had a m/c last year at 9 weeks and bleeding lasted about 10 days - was only really heavy for a couple of days. I just took neurofen and stayed in bed for a day (not just because of pain, but didn't want to see anyone and wanted to get my head around what was happening). TMI, but really horrid when clots come out (suggest you don't look in the loo). Take care and look after yourself. Really hope you get pg again soon. xx

nuthinbutpink
February 27th, 2014, 06:45 AM
I'm so sorry.

Keshet
February 27th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Thank you for your support everyone.

Almost Complete
February 27th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Keshet,

I am so very sorry about your loss. I wish I had the words to erase your pain. Unfortunately, they don't exist. Hugs.

unwirklich
February 28th, 2014, 02:01 PM
I'm so sorry :( Though you don't have to take the pills. My sister and I actually both had a miscarriage at the same time, missed miscarriages, baby died at 8 weeks found out at 10 (it was bizarre) she opted for the pill and I waited it out naturally. Her process was over quicker, but hurt wayyyy more. She spent 3 days in bed, I was shopping with my youngest within 4 hours. Though the natural route can take some time. I didn't even start bleeding until almost 11 weeks and was nearly 12 when I actually lost the baby.

Which ever route you take I do recommend you have someone there. There is a lot of blood loss and it can be dangerous. I nearly passed out in the shower after mine, thinking it was all over and I'd be fine. I did fall down and hit my head, had my husband not been home and heard me fall, I very well could have passed out and drown. I wouldn't say it was as painful for me physically as many ladies say it is, but I've had 3 children. The same way that subsequent births tend to hurt less, I would imagine the more children you've had the less painful it is, because the cervix is already stretched. (A miscarriage is like a mini-labor)

Keshet
March 2nd, 2014, 08:56 PM
I took the pills on Friday evening. The worst was 1 to 2am. I took some pain meds and fell asleep after an hour. So the painful part was fairly quick. Back to real life now. Thanks for your support.

Leebug
March 2nd, 2014, 09:21 PM
Keshet-im so very sorry.hugs hopes and prayers coming your way.

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2014, 04:04 PM
I am so sorry. :(

lfc_sarah
March 4th, 2014, 02:41 AM
So sorry xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrs_Incredible
March 4th, 2014, 09:21 AM
So sorry for your loss, hoping you heal and get a sticky bean quickly xxx

Keshet
March 4th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Thank you everyone. Now I'm contemplating between ttc naturally or going HT. I've now had problems with both. Does anyone have any thoughts about what to do next at my old age? Ttc naturally is cheaper. Maybe I would have a better chance with ivf. But, Is it true that you ovulate your best egg each month? I hate the idea of pouring money into ivf if it has little chance of working for me. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Mrs_Incredible
March 4th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Keshet, the girls on the ht boards will be able to help you I'm sure. I don't have a clue unfortunately, but hoping you get a sticky bean soon. Hugs x

Keshet
March 4th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Good luck to you Mrs. I. I hope to join you on the sticky side soon.

Mrs_Incredible
March 4th, 2014, 06:25 PM
It's a roller coaster! Hoping you do too x