PDA

View Full Version : Midwife friend wants to deliver my baby... Me not sure

Chunksta
June 15th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Ok so i have a friend who is a nurse studing/working as a midwife and asked me if she could deliver my baby,
i want to say yes, but shes going to see me nude and see my fanny,( i know ill be concentrating on the baby but i dont know if i could with her there) im going to be thinking what she thinking or whats she looking at and is she telling me the truth
Also she can be abit hot and cold sometimes, in saying that she is a good friend she tells you how it is but she's got like 2 other friends im friends with and they are in the "in group" and im on the outter which isnt her fault i dont particularly like the other 2 they can be very immature but anyway they write things on darn facebook and they all knw what they each are talking about but i dont, i dont know if i am 100% comfortable with it all, im happy for her to do the up to and follow through care but not be at the actual birth....... i think, i just dont want to disappoint her and think theres something wrong with her or our friendship as she is a really good mate but i dont know oh i just dont know,
i know that she will be professional etc about it all and i dont see the people i look after how i help them, (im a personal carer for the aged and i shower them etc) and no i dont look at them and see them nude but i just dont know
i spoze because im not a skinny girl and my body isnt what it used to be etc but argghhh im stuck i need advice
Would you ???????

SugarSpice&EverythingNice
June 15th, 2011, 09:23 PM
If I felt the same way that you did, I would not have her deliver my baby. I would just tell her that you want to have your baby in a hospital and that you already have a Dr. picked out or something similar to that.

It would feel awkward having a friend stare at you all exposed IMO

lindi
June 19th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I have read that emotional hang ups can really affect the labor itself. There is even a certain amount- like 7 cm dilated, where women often have labor stop and it can be due to some sort of past issue, etc. My point is the mind and body are very connected, and unless you feel 100% comfortable- and I really mean 100%- don't have this women deliver your baby, because there is a chance your not feeling comfortable with her will affect the birth.
Its a hard conversation, and I assume since it seems she's just starting out she would love experience and would expect her friends would help her build her career, so it might be hard to let her down. Sorry about the weirdness in your friendship, too.