PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, my ovulation kit is freaking me out

Rosie85
February 16th, 2014, 11:53 PM
So on February 14th I was feeling super sick, very nauseous and having back pain. This is typical of me around ovulation time except I shouldn't have been ovulating yet as my cycle started on the 6th of February.

So on the 15th I was like I should probably do the opk. The line showed up immediately but it was lighter by just a bit than the control line so I thought well I bet tomorrow is the day. So i take one this morning and it's even lighter and another tonight and even lighter yet. SO does that mean I ovulated on the 14th? At just CD8?? That is so early isn't it??! I did have two days of spotting before my bright red flow, should I have counted those days making it CD10? That is still early though considering my cycles are around 29-32 days. What do I make of this?

Also it was around CD4 that we had unprotected sex...I should probably be worried about getting pregnant than too huh? oh this sucks BIG time.

Could all the exercise and diet have made me ovulate early. I thought if anything it would make it later...

Sorry if there is a similar posting or question somewhere, I never read ovulation posts, well until recently because they have never been of any concern to me until now! I was already pregnant when I first joined the site two years ago.

carmella_marie
February 17th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Are you doing temps? Only that will tell you if you've O'ed. I have long cycles and get several OPK "peaks" before real ovulation. Only temps let me know when I've actually O'ed.

maidentomother
February 17th, 2014, 03:52 AM
In addition to what carmella said, everyone, even ladies with short, regular cycles, has at least one mini LH surge prior to the main one that triggers O. Often it will cause an almost positive line on an OPK. Keep testing daily and I bet you'll see the line start getting darker again soon.

Rosie85
February 17th, 2014, 11:48 AM
oh good to hear! I bet that is what it is. Thank goodness. I will keep testing.

hotdogz&boyz
February 17th, 2014, 03:02 PM
That does seem pretty crazy early. I'd keep testing. I know that it's not always the case that they go from lighter to darker, some women jump around (mine do sometimes). So it might just be what is happening. If you usually get cervical mucus, I'd pay attention to that too. I know the LE diet tends to get rid of a lot of it, but it's still worth watching, since it gives you a clue as to what is going on.

Although possible, I don't know that the body could build up enough hormones to mature an egg by CD8. I could be wrong though. It's not my area of expertise (I don't have too many ovulation issues either).

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2014, 05:38 PM
If you didn't get a test that was darker than the control, those are negative tests. your body is always making LH, it uses it for other stuff (and even your husband could get a line on the OPK if he peed on them sometimes!!) They get darker, lighter, whatevs but only when the LH reaches a certain concentration does it trigger ovulation.

All that having been said, it IS distantly possible esp. given the spotting before the flow. It could very well be the case that you were really CD 1 on the spotting days, but even that's a bit early and I believe you just misinterpreted a negative test.

Your odds of conception from BD 4 days before pos OPK would be very very low.

Please forgive me but I just wanted to take the opportunity to plug my AF and OPK book here - it's 110 pages of info and 75 pages of it are all new content never published anywhere on the site (the rest is an appendix containing reference materials that are on the site). It has all the info that you would ever need to know about your menstrual cycle, OPK and how to use them both for TTC and for swaying and answers about 80% of all the non-diet questions I get on swaying!!! $29 and the money goes to enabling me to do this as my full time job instead of having to go back to work.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/payments.php