PDA

View Full Version : The Pregnancy Crisis nobody is talking about

nuthinbutpink
February 18th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Good article. Your weight during and before pregnancy could potentially affect your child, long-term, including increasing their chances for autism.

The Pregnancy Health Crisis No One's Talking About (http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/pregnancy-health-crisis-no-one-39-talking-145000449.html)

Rosie85
February 18th, 2014, 11:17 AM
This makes me feel very good now about losing the weight. Before I started the diet I was at a BMI of 26, I am now down to 24.5 and still have 2 months before my attempt so hoping to drop to a 22.

It is soo hard to get that baby weight off especially for first time moms I think because they focus all their attention on the new baby and getting used to everything. I was underweight when I got pregnant with my first and I continuously gained with each subsequent pregnancy and never lost enough weight in between.

Girl or no girl, losing weight to reduce risk of autism is enough reason for me as I already have one kiddo with it.

stephk
February 26th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Really interesting - thank you! It will be interesting to see how much weight I gain when I get PG. When DS was conceived I weighed 70kg, just before he was born I weighed 85kg (and he was only 4.3kg of that!) now I weigh 58kg. It only took 3 months to get back to 70kg and that was through breastfeeding, i had no energy to do more than walk around town then. But, even though I weighed the same i had more fat around the middle so thats something I have to watch next time. I carry my extra weight around the middle. I can see how people dont lose the weight when you have a new baby to look after. I was lucky to get back to pre-pregnancy weight quickly through BF but he was a very hungry baby and on the boob every hour for the first 6 weeks!!!

I was also "one of those nutty women" but I dont run or jog I hate that, but I did continue with my exercise routine right up until the birth. I love exercise and my physio supported this. I made amendments at 20 weeks and again at 30 weeks. However my regime was mainly walking, weights, yoga and pilates anyway. My exercise regime is quite different now and yes i will continue to exercise up until the birth again but maybe not an hour of cardio a day :)

EL29
March 20th, 2014, 09:11 AM

EL29
March 20th, 2014, 09:11 AM