PDA

View Full Version : * TTC After Implant *

lfc_sarah
February 23rd, 2014, 04:34 AM
Has anybody done this?

I took mine out on the 12th of this month and just waiting for a period now to work out my cycles.
I have ovulation tests too but apart from a very light line a few days ago I've had nothing.

Any help or stories will be appreciated, thank you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2014, 11:05 AM
bump!

I think TTC after having implant out can help a pink sway.

GreaseMonkey
February 24th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I had the Mirena and it fell out November 1st and I got pregnant at the end of the month. I had some spotting/bleeding but didn't pay attention to it because it was only for 3 days which was normal for me being on Mirena. No gender known yet, hoping to find out in about 2 weeks :)

lfc_sarah
February 24th, 2014, 01:54 PM
bump!

I think TTC after having implant out can help a pink sway.

Thank you for the reply!

Oh really?! I hope so! :)

lfc_sarah
February 24th, 2014, 01:55 PM
I had the Mirena and it fell out November 1st and I got pregnant at the end of the month. I had some spotting/bleeding but didn't pay attention to it because it was only for 3 days which was normal for me being on Mirena. No gender known yet, hoping to find out in about 2 weeks :)

Congratulations! Good luck in finding out the gender too!

GreaseMonkey
February 24th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Thank you :)

chanmester97
February 24th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I also had a Mirena IUD removed in October. I had only had maybe 2 periods (once I finished nursing my son) with it in and was on the tail-end of a cycle when it was removed. I started using OPKs the first month to get a handle on my cycle and got a surge right when I should have…about CD 13-14. Following the advice of my Dr. we waited a full cycle before we started TTC. She recommended letting the lining of the uterus shed and then thicken up to the point that it's more favorable for implantation, otherwise it was my understanding that risk of miscarriage is higher in the first month. Not sure on the validity of that, but I also hear of people getting pregnant without waiting that month and all turns out just fine for some of them. I just got a BFP this weekend, so obviously can't say gender yet, but it only took 2 attempts for us to get the BFP.

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Yes the concern is that the lining won't be good enough, but I think that is really more of a "just in case" thing and many people are able to get pg that first month without issues.

Congrats chan!!

lfc_sarah
February 27th, 2014, 11:44 AM
I also had a Mirena IUD removed in October. I had only had maybe 2 periods (once I finished nursing my son) with it in and was on the tail-end of a cycle when it was removed. I started using OPKs the first month to get a handle on my cycle and got a surge right when I should have…about CD 13-14. Following the advice of my Dr. we waited a full cycle before we started TTC. She recommended letting the lining of the uterus shed and then thicken up to the point that it's more favorable for implantation, otherwise it was my understanding that risk of miscarriage is higher in the first month. Not sure on the validity of that, but I also hear of people getting pregnant without waiting that month and all turns out just fine for some of them. I just got a BFP this weekend, so obviously can't say gender yet, but it only took 2 attempts for us to get the BFP.

Aw lovely! Congratulations! I hope we aren't waiting too long also! :)

lfc_sarah
February 27th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Yes the concern is that the lining won't be good enough, but I think that is really more of a "just in case" thing and many people are able to get pg that first month without issues.

Congrats chan!!

I didn't know that! I hope if we do get pregnant quite soon that all will be okay!

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Most of the time it's perfectly fine and we know of tons of people who got successfully pg right afterward

lfc_sarah
March 1st, 2014, 06:08 PM
Okay thank you!

vilandra
March 2nd, 2014, 02:01 AM
I know one women who had taken her implant out and got pg in the month afterwards. She is having a girl and her first one is a boy.

lfc_sarah
March 2nd, 2014, 03:53 AM
Thank you! My period returned today. Quite glad to know everything is all back to normal there although I haven't missed this period pain at all! Ha!

chanmester97
March 2nd, 2014, 04:29 AM
Best of luck to you! Hope you get that BFP soon...and to hear girl would be a bonus!!

dreaminginblue
March 2nd, 2014, 11:11 AM

Congrats on BFP.
I had mine taken begin of February and have been surprised how quickly my cycle has returned to normal. I'm giving it a 3 month window but think I could TTC end of this month but alas I don't want ANOTHER December baby!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

lfc_sarah
March 2nd, 2014, 02:26 PM
Best of luck to you! Hope you get that BFP soon...and to hear girl would be a bonus!!

Thank you very much! It would indeed! :)

lfc_sarah
March 2nd, 2014, 02:27 PM
Congrats on BFP.
I had mine taken begin of February and have been surprised how quickly my cycle has returned to normal. I'm giving it a 3 month window but think I could TTC end of this month but alas I don't want ANOTHER December baby!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Good luck!!