PDA

View Full Version : What does the future hold?

Mulberry Smurf
February 23rd, 2014, 05:28 PM
Following the latest stats I can practically hear the cogs ticking in atomic's mind and read a lot about her new thoughts on what is and isn't working (pH not as important, one attempt at positive opk for girls having best results etc). So... What are you working on currently?? And can we help?! Xx

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I want to start seeing what happens if we totally drop some things like jelly and frequency while focusing only on what works (diet, exercise, some of the supps, and one attempt). When the dust settles from that I want to revisit the pattern we are taking some of the supplements in, but I don't want to change too much too fast on thaat.

Mulberry Smurf
February 24th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Ooh interesting!! Of course there are so many variables it's hard to find a pattern but sounds like you've got your eyes on the prize :) looking forward to seeing the next updates thanks for replying xx

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2014, 02:55 PM
There are and one of the things I hate about old-school swaying is that they continue to include things that are totally debunked, making it super hard to see what is even swaying. So I am trying to get people to drop stuff that isn't working so we can better get a grasp on what does.

Mulberry Smurf
February 25th, 2014, 05:34 PM
I guess the thing is a lot of pink swayers have a similar attitude towards swaying and want to do everything possible to guarantee pink even if it doesn't technically work if that makes sense.

Any idea if male 'Martha' types tend to have more boys than girls btw? Xx

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2014, 05:18 PM
oh it makes total sense and of course I do get that but i feel that it really undermines people's sways to think that way. It's how I got my 4th son!

I don't think it manifests itself in the same way for men, but I do think there are guys that are by personality more likely to have girls or boys. I need to expound on that in a future essay but that doesn't feel super important to me vs. some other things I need to address asap

Mulberry Smurf
February 28th, 2014, 03:52 AM
That's very interesting atomic about male personalities and gender. I see a lot of forces men having girls but that is just anecdotal and not really based on proper stats! A lot of the people who have come to work on our house have also had girls maybe it's a muscle/testosterone thing?! Although all the male teachers I know have girls too so maybe I am just surrounded by everyone else having girls except me lol xx

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2014, 09:26 AM
I agree that is also my observation, military men, police, firefighters seem to have more daughters. I also believe that teachers (both male and female) have more daughters and also ministers seem to as well. These are just my observations and not set in stone of course. I wish I had an army of grad students to do studies for me. :)

sweetdream
March 2nd, 2014, 09:54 AM
But when you think about it. those men are mostly a bit dominant. or have some leadership. so I guess they are less likely to have Martha's as wifes. wich make the circle go round.

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2014, 10:04 AM
yes, I absolutely agree with that. I sometimes try to not "go there" because sometimes the boy moms feel like they are getting put down when we talk about this stuff but I do think that is the case. What I want people to take away is NOT that these guys have meek and submissive wives or anything like that, because that's not necessarily the case, but more that male testosterone really just can't be swaying that much.

We have a big sporting goods store here (Cabela's) and every time we go there I am stunned by how many families are in there buying hunting supplies with 4 and 5 little girls in tow! :) Even my husband noticed it.

sweetdream
March 2nd, 2014, 10:11 AM
LOL!!! We'll it does make me feel a bit worried. cause my husband loves me being a martha I think. (except when it isn't convenient to him) but he's just no leader. And I am. I would love the Idea of letting things go. but he always picks my brain.
He makes it hard for me. even if I ask him to take over. He will try. but I always need to ask him for stuff or it will never happen...

:(

I'm in a real testosterone place right now.. and TRYING! to let go.. but it makes it worse. LOL anyone knows a good feel good movie?
I really need one right now egg is coming!

(ok.. not completly fair.. he does take care of me (roles do seem to be reversed here) wich is nice and sweet)

Dreamofpink
March 2nd, 2014, 02:07 PM
I agree that is also my observation, military men, police, firefighters seem to have more daughters. I also believe that teachers (both male and female) have more daughters and also ministers seem to as well. These are just my observations and not set in stone of course. I wish I had an army of grad students to do studies for me. :)

Oh, I wish! My Dad has 3 girls . DH & I have 3 boys - both are police officers (Dad's a retired one). Obviously, no magic bullet but I wish we followed the trend a bit more! :D

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

lfc_sarah
March 2nd, 2014, 02:21 PM
I really hope that's the case for us when we fall pregnant! My husband is military!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetdream
March 2nd, 2014, 03:40 PM
I've been thinking about it. and then it doesn't fit. the women are pretty dominant themselves.
(Even with the husband leader jobs!)
but I think that I'm not more dominant but freaked over little things. little less relaxed. (I'm a ppl pleaser) as day are less. They do what they want more.
I started thinking what if it isn't the testosterone. but the stress makes cortisol wich makes bloodsugars raise?
what if it's the influence on bloodsugars in this case except testosteron.

I don't think I'm dominant but I'm a worry-er:D I can think everything threw over and over and over..
but I love to do what other ppl makes happy. (something to worry about what if they don't get happy if I do this or that)
The girl moms I know are more relaxed and don't think THAT much. but can be quite dominant.

lisvna
March 3rd, 2014, 05:47 AM
Sweetdream that makes sense to me....I'm a worry-er too and want to see other people happy. i come second place.

Sometimes I ask myself if it gave me my second boy (he was an HT boy we put both genders back 2xx and 2xy and I hoped for a girl). Why didn't one of those girls stick too? They were same quality..... Interesting stuff.

My father was a military and got 2 girls and he is very short. My husband is very tall and is in IT/high tech business. I'm a teacher and now I'm an at stay home mum.

Mulberry Smurf
March 3rd, 2014, 06:07 AM
Wonder if it's a bit of a hunter gatherer effect? As in the dominant males have daughters cause they are there to provide for them? Hmmm interesting!

I realised that my boys take after my cats haha!! We have two, the oldest one is brown and youngest is ginger which is the same as our sons although we had the cats first! Weird haha xx

Mulberry Smurf
March 3rd, 2014, 06:09 AM
Lisvna and sweet dream we sound very similar. I am a people pleasing worrier haha. Lis I am a teacher and my hubby is an it manager as well!! Small world :) good luck getting your girls :)
Xx

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2014, 03:17 PM
I've been thinking about it. and then it doesn't fit. the women are pretty dominant themselves.
(Even with the husband leader jobs!)
but I think that I'm not more dominant but freaked over little things. little less relaxed. (I'm a ppl pleaser) as day are less. They do what they want more.
I started thinking what if it isn't the testosterone. but the stress makes cortisol wich makes bloodsugars raise?
what if it's the influence on bloodsugars in this case except testosteron.

I don't think I'm dominant but I'm a worry-er:D I can think everything threw over and over and over..
but I love to do what other ppl makes happy. (something to worry about what if they don't get happy if I do this or that)
The girl moms I know are more relaxed and don't think THAT much. but can be quite dominant.

See that's the thing, I don't think it's being dominant per se (I did not name that theory and unfortunately have no control over it). It's trying to, or having to, control, control, control by virtue of being in circumstances that require it. So a person who is in a very high stress, high tension job such as soldier or policeman, they might be more attracted to someone who gives them a break from that and is more laid back. And vice versa, I would personally not WANT to be married to a guy whose career was that far out of the realm of my comfort and control level. But I know a lot of women who like that feeling that their husband is taking care of them, making decisions, and so on. So it seems likely to me that there is some effect where Marthas might end up with Marys just by virtue of that combo works well together.

One thing that being married to my beloved husband has taught me is that when it's two Martha-types wrestling for control, it's not always pretty! ;) and it ends up producing a heck of a lot of boys!!

Sweetdream I think we talked about this before but I think Marthas can be pretty big people pleasers. It's part and parcel of the control freak nature. That feeling like "if I do things right enough, then I can make people like me". Marys just trust that people are going to like them and also just expect that others are going to hold up their end of the bargain in relationships.

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2014, 03:27 PM
Wonder if it's a bit of a hunter gatherer effect? As in the dominant males have daughters cause they are there to provide for them? Hmmm interesting!

I realised that my boys take after my cats haha!! We have two, the oldest one is brown and youngest is ginger which is the same as our sons although we had the cats first! Weird haha xx

It actually is likely the opposite, whatever confluence of hormones makes guys what we view as "manly men" in the here and now, may have actually made them less likely to stick around or be around (maybe more likely to have been killed) in the hunter gatherer environment, because daughters had a much higher chance of survival without a dad around than sons do. Male mammals without their bio dads around, unfortunately don't tend to live too long in nature.

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2014, 03:36 PM
But when you think about it. those men are mostly a bit dominant. or have some leadership. so I guess they are less likely to have Martha's as wifes. wich make the circle go round.

yes exactly.

sweetdream
March 3rd, 2014, 04:33 PM
Thx. I really needed to read this again..
I've been put in a "martha" posistion twice today.. or actually my life's situations is getting at a point that I need to be a Mary. I need to for my fam. I need to Not care. Need to let go. (love the song from frozen by the way! it's very inspiring in this case really try to listen to it at least once a day!)

I'm Nice! I'm a good mom and they MAY like me they don't need to.
breath in breath out..... relax!

thx AS and thx all for this topic.

1+2+3boys
March 8th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Great thread!