PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to cheat sometimes?

Houseofblue
February 24th, 2014, 07:02 PM
And by "cheat" I don't mean do something that obviously sways boy like eat meat, etc.

I've been on the LE diet around 6 weeks now (so proud of myself, went veggie completely and have lost some weight). We were going to ttc this cycle (I'm about 5DPO) but my dh was out of town on business so no go this month. It will be another 4-5 weeks before I O again.

Yesterday we had a birthday party for 2 of my boys and have leftover cupcakes (vanilla with vanilla frosting yummmm). I had 2 yesterday and also had a few pieces of pizza at the party (haven't had pizza since I started diet). Not gonna have anymore pizza from here on out, but I am dying to have another 1 or 2 cupcakes. I want to say that I haven't had many sweets since starting diet so this isn't an all-the-time thing. Will eating a couple cupcakes 4-5 weeks before trying ruin my sway??

Abifasc
February 24th, 2014, 07:23 PM
I think Atomic says it's even healthy to cheat sometimes! I know she told me that veggie pizza is ok. I highly doubt your sway is ruined just from today!

You're great for doing it so long! I'm only hoping to do it for 6 or 7 weeks and that seems long!

carmella_marie
February 24th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Sweets are a great part if LE diet as they have a lot of empty cals. A cupcake probably has a ton of fat but it's a much much better cheat than say a steak! I would get little Debbie cupcakes on a day when my cals were low...

Abifasc
February 24th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Sweets are a great part if LE diet as they have a lot of empty cals. A cupcake probably has a ton of fat but it's a much much better cheat than say a steak! I would get little Debbie cupcakes on a day when my cals were low...

Yay good to know!

Houseofblue
February 24th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Yay thanks so much ladies! :) Gonna have my cupcakes and then go back to keeping everything low!
Abifasc, I just had plain cheese pizza! ;)

LilithWiser1979
February 24th, 2014, 09:12 PM
If you keep your fat grams under 60 and your calories for the day under 1800, cupcakes and vegetarian pizza aren't even cheating. The steak is a cheat, but one steak won't make or break your sway!

stephk
February 25th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Hello - to add my 2p worth in my head I do the diet "properly" Monday to Thursday, fully vegetarian and even then I eat chocolate, flapjacks cake etc if they are within totals. At the weekend I relax a little and just do my best. So it sounds like you are doing really well if your cheat is pizza and cake. I eat a chicken pizza from pizza express most Sunday evenings (it's only 30g protein so if I skip breakfast it's totally doable!!)

By doing the diet we are not supposed to be miserable every day and using every ounce of self control not to have a cake when we really want one. I reckon they are a good form of empty calories and omega 6 anyway. The cakes do sound very yummy by the way :)

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2014, 03:14 PM
It's not only allowed, it is MANDATORY on LE diet to cheat. Special occasions or any time you have to eat in front of other people are great times to have a cheat. Cheating makes it easier to stick to the diet in the long term and it is NEVER one meal that makes or breaks a sway.

Cupcakes and pizza are not cheats.

odd
February 25th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Oh wow..kudos to you for sticking it out for 6 wks with no cheats. I indulge in everything as long as its within limits ..don't thinl I'd have been able to do the diet otherwise

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk