PDA

View Full Version : ttc(girl) but problems after miscarriage and awful doctors

Honeysucklelanegirl
February 25th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Hi, Hope every one is well.

I just got to have a moan about my Doctors.

Last year I had a miscarriage .I did not know I was pregnant and it was not planned. I only found out when I went to the doctor with horrendous back pain. A few days later I had the miscarriage.
Anyway since then I have been ill and the doctors at my surgery have been completely incompetent.

I have always had heavy periods but since the miscarriage they have got really bad. I can go through 2 long night towels together in a few hours and still have really bad leaks on cycle day 2/3.(sorry tmi).When I was working one day it was so bad I had to go home as my jeans were soaked.(good job they were black!)I had to leave my job because of the way they were with animals but also because I was just getting more and more ill. Am so tired all the time, real dark cycles round eyes,probs breathing, stomach aches....I get the odd day where I feel okish but most days are bad.I then start getting bleeding on cycle day 13/14 for 2 3 days which just makes me feel worst.Even my friends have noticed the change but they just think its my asthma.

Anyway I go back to the doctors to find out the best doctor ever has moved to Australia.He was brilliant.So I then book to see another doctor who did not seem at all fussed about my problem but still sent me for a scan and a blood test.The hospital did a scan and said nothing is wrong. Only thing they see is I have a heart shape womb. Well I wait to hear about blood test.......and nothing.

So again I book in to see a doctor again, this time a lady who just told me my iron level was a 4 ,to just eat loads of meat and veg and oh shouldn't I try to conceive as I be 36 soon.
Not one word about the bleeding .I was like w.t.f!

Not impressed I see another lady doctor who just told me to take iron tablets, and lose weight.(I put 4 stone on with steroids and a shoulder op)again no concerns.

I then book to see a nurse at the surgery. She was livid with the other doctors. Said my breathing is bad because of iron level,which is then making my asthma bad.She was annoyed no one had sent me for more tests or exams.She said she will get me to see another doctor about an exam.I told her my fear of people prodding me (due to very bad things that have happened in my past)and she said she seen notes on my file and will tell other doctor and try and see if I can be put to sleep for exam.

Anyway go to see new doctor who turned out to be the most un sensitive bitch I have ever met! She started asking questions that on my file says do not ask,she said I prob got cancer ,I cant be put to sleep for exam and she was just so nasty I was in tears.I did not go to 2 hospital appointments because I was so upset.

In the end I went back to see the nurse after pulling myself together after weeks of stress.She was so angry at doctor. She said I prob got fibroids. My mum had these at my age and had to have a hysterectomy .She also said the hospital said I could be put to sleep because of my fear.She said she would have a word with other doctor why I didnt go to hospital appointments and ask her why she said things she shouldn't etc.Well that nasty doctor still sent me a letter digging at me about not going to my appointments at hospital.I have not been able to sleep well because of her,been getting nightmares about past etc. I feel that a years treatment for post traumatic stress was undone by her in 5 mins .
SO nearly a year on I've been from one doctor to another, looking as ruff as hell ,and have shares in sanitary towels lol. I have finally got another appointment at the hospital this week that the nurse sorted out.Been wanted to ttc (sway girl) for so long now.Lets just hope something is sorted.Thanks for reading.Just had to get it off my chest.Anyone else going through similar ?

Dreamofpink
February 25th, 2014, 12:32 PM
My goodness you've really been through the mill, you poor thing! I'm not sure where you are but if your iron levels are measured the same way as ours in the UK then you really should have had a blood transfusion. After having ds3 I lost a lot of blood & my iron level was 8.1. I narrowly avoided a transfusion, had it been any lower I would've needed one. I've been taking Spatone which is a natural iron supplement & I feel fine now. I hope you get some answers soon!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Little Lunasa
February 25th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Hi :)
That is a terrible experience and I would definitely report the dr who probed into your past and upset you.
Hope you have luck with ttc and swaying pink
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honeysucklelanegirl
February 25th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Hi, Thank you for the reply.Glad you are ok now. I am in the u.k as well. I'm hoping this gets sorted out this week at the hospital.x

Honeysucklelanegirl
February 25th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Hi,Many thanks for the reply.Yes,I will be saying something /complaining about the doctor. I wish my old one had not moved to Australia.He was the only good doctor I had x

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2014, 05:05 PM
please bump this for me for tomorrow.

Honeysucklelanegirl
February 27th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Bump x

Honeysucklelanegirl
February 28th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Ok so I had hospital today had yet another ultrasound and they said every thing was fine yet again.He was a really nice guy and was miffed why the last person had said I had a heart shape womb.It just had a little dimple! I then had to see a doctor at the hospital who was also really miffed why no one had put me on any iron tablets and had not sent me for more tests or follow ups about my iron level.He was also not amused with the nasty doctor I had seen as she lied to me saying they first could not put me to sleep to have internal exam .I got told I was being put to sleep today for that by the nurse at the doctors now I get told that they have not arranged it yet.So I spent over 2 hours down the hospital for nothing.Just to top it off I see my Mum in there who had been rushed in and has to have a pace maker fitted in right away as her heart keeps stopping.(She is only 56).What a day!

Honeysucklelanegirl
March 3rd, 2014, 03:41 PM
bump x

sweetdream
March 4th, 2014, 02:43 PM
IF you are this ill and bleeding this much it's no wonder your iron is sow low. Poor girl! can't you go to a diff hospital? With more expertise?
I want to give you a virtual hug!

Honeysucklelanegirl
March 7th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Hi,Thank you for the nice message. I am going in to hospital on Thursday.They are putting me to sleep to do an exam to see whats going on.I'm bit scared but my partner will be coming with me.The doctor I saw at the hospital was really not amused with the doctor I had been seeing(the nasty one).He wrote a letter to the surgery and addressed it to the nice nurse instead of the nasty doctor!(I got a copy of the letter yesterday).So I guess just have to wait. Mum is out of hospital which is good.She had to have a monitor fitted and may still have to have a pace maker.Manic !x

Honeysucklelanegirl
March 16th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Had tests on Thursday.Was awful.I was so stressed they had to sadate me before they even done the general(put me to sleep).They found nothing wrong.So still have no idea where the blood is coming from etc.

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2014, 11:34 AM
OMG I have no idea what happened, this isn't a forum that I always read and somehow I started to answer but must have gotten interrupted and then never spotted it again.

I have nothing but horror stories about doctors and I am so sorry that you have to go through all this!!

I do totally think that you need to have your iron checked and also for other forms of anemia such as pernicious anemia.

I think it's very good news about your uterus being better than they first said. It's also good that they aren't seeing anything like fibroids, polyps and so on because that means that this is more than likely something totally fixable and probably related to anemia or some medication you're on. I would go online, double and triple check everything you're taking for the asthma to see if there is ANYTHING even seemingly rare/remote that could be a blood thinner or that has caused this for people in the past.

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2014, 11:35 AM
I hope your mom is doing well too!

Also if you want me to go over your medication and doublecheck them just message me with what they are and I can do it too. Sometimes two heads are better than one and I may spot something you don't.

Honeysucklelanegirl
March 20th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Hi,Hope you are well today.
No problems do not worry I know you are a very busy person. I am seeing the nice nurse at the doctors tomorrow.
I hope they find something soon as the bleeding has got worst .It started again last week(not a.f) and has only stopped for one day out of 10! The day I had no blood was the day I was doing nothing. Just had a nice gentle walk. The other days are when I have been on the go . Ive been on that inhaler for my asthma for years so I don't think its that.All this started after the miscarriage last year
.Lets just hope they sort it out.Its getting really worrying. ,Thanks for all the support etc.x

Honeysucklelanegirl
March 20th, 2014, 05:12 PM
p.s Mum seems to be doing ok thanks.Still not sure if she needs a pace maker yet but she has been fine past few weeks.Strange.x

sweetdream
March 20th, 2014, 05:54 PM
I was also thinking of pernicious anemia. Or B12 deficiëntie.
It Could have been the last drop. The mc.
I hope you get answers soon. And feel better.
Also thyroid problems can cause this type off troubles.
I would advice you to get your blood lvls and double check them Either.
My experience teach me that valeus that are just within range can also cause troubles and lvls just out of range can be marked as fine. Wich they aren't.
Deff not when you have problems with health.

I wish you al the best.