PDA

View Full Version : My temperatures and OPK's are confusing me

kaseybaby
June 17th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I have always had very distinct patterns in my temperatures. Now they are all over the place, and I keep getting positive OPK's after my temperature shift. Does anyone know what this means?

I am so confused. :think:

rainbowflower
June 17th, 2011, 01:14 PM
repeated positive OPKs could be a sign of pregnancy since OPKs pick up the pregnancy hormone HCG as well as the LH

I'd do a pregnancy test

good luck!

kaseybaby
June 17th, 2011, 03:07 PM
There is no way I am pregnant, and it faded today. But I had three positive in a row, but according to my temps I ovulated on the first day of the positive OPK. So then which day did I ovulate, the first, second or third?

rainbowflower
June 17th, 2011, 03:21 PM
could mean you're ovulating from both sides then
or that your body is just taking its time to try

usually you ovulate on the last day of a positive OPK or the day after

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I agree totally - to me it sounds like you prob. Oed twice and released two eggs, or also your body might not have had quite enough LH the first time and had to regroup and try again.

kaseybaby
June 17th, 2011, 03:55 PM
if it didn't have enough LH the first time then why the temp shift? 2 eggs! is this common on the girl diet?

My cycles have gotten really wacky the last 2 months.

rainbowflower
June 18th, 2011, 02:38 AM
I don't know if it's common on the girl diet or not, but if the girl diet affects your hormones it's natural to expect that things might change as your hormone levels try to reach certain thresholds before OV/etc

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I don't know if it's common on the girl diet or not, but if the girl diet affects your hormones it's natural to expect that things might change as your hormone levels try to reach certain thresholds before OV/etc

:agree: If it is any consolation, people were always complaining about the exact same thing on InGender - irregular cycles, weird temps, etc and quite a few went onto conceive their daughters.