PDA

View Full Version : My Sway

Mochagirl
June 17th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Hi ladies, most of you know me already from all my ramblings in the diet-related threads, but as I approach the final days before my attempt, I thought I should post my sway for comments/suggestions.

I'm 36 (turning 37 in a few months eeek!). I have three beautiful boys: 5 year old identical twins and a 23 month old. I swayed very, very lightly with ds3, using IG, but I was chicken to try the diet, so pretty much all I did was take supplements and try to reduce sodium. I also attempted O+12, but I screwed up the timing and ended up with O-8 or something like that.

Here are the supplements I'm taking this time:

Cal/Mag 333mg/167mg three times daily
Baby Aspirin, once daily (I was taking cranberry until about 2 weeks ago and finally switched)
1mg of folic acid, twice daily (I was taking a prenatal vitamin and only realised about 2 weeks ago that this probably didn't fit into the low everything diet)
160mg Saw Palmetto once a day (I only started this a week ago, after ds weaned himself)
400mg Vitex, twice daily (I only started this less than a week ago, when af arrived)

I'll stop taking SP and Vitex when I O, but keep taking Baby Aspirin...right?

I'm doing the "Low Everything" diet pretty hardcore. For a while I was incorporating aspects of the IG diet into it (I was eating chicken and avoiding potatoes and tomatoes), but in the last few weeks I've been leaning much more heavily towards the low everything diet. I average about 1000-1200 calories a day (I'm trying to increase this, but having trouble), 40g of protein, 500-700mg of sodium (I'm surprised at how easy it is to stay well under the 1000mg limit) and I'm trying to keep fat as low as possible. I started out at about 130 and now weigh 120-122, depending on what time of day I weigh myself - this is lower than I've weighed since I was a teenager.

DH isn't following the diet or taking supplements, but he's eating my bland meals without complaint and I haven't been cooking him meat much, so his sodium and protein should be lower than usual. I've also replaced his usual juice with Crystal Light and he hasn't even noticed :).

I'm due to O on June 21st, though I just started taking Vitex and don't know how that will affect my cycle. I've decided to throw timing out the window and hope that the diet and supplements will do their job. DH has been releasing once daily since af started a week ago, and now that it's finally done, we'll start dtd daily until I have confirmation that O has passed.

I'm going to take Benedryl to help dry out my cm. I wish I could get Zyrtec, but it doesn't seem to be available in Canada. I take the Benedryl the day before O and on O day...right? Or do I take it every day we dtd? How soon before dtd should I take it?

We'll use Sylk as a lube for our attempts, and I'll be using Rephresh. Starting today (af has finally left), I will use one applicator full every 3 days. Is that right? When do I stop using it? When I O? Do I use it more or less often as O approaches?

During 2WW, I'll continue the diet as well as I can (though I might loosen up a little bit since my Mom will be visiting and it will be my son's 2nd birthday), but I'll make sure to keep controlling my blood sugar by skipping breakfast and not snacking in the afternoon.

So...what does everyone think? Have I missed anything?

zanacal
June 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I think it sounds fab and I wish you all the luck in the world. I'll miss hearing what you've eaten each day once you're pregnant!

Will your DH be taking hot baths before your attempts? Mine will (though he doesn't know this yet!) - think he'll be fed up of it after possible 7 days solid!!

Mochagirl
June 17th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Oh yes, I forgot - I think maybe I'll try to convince DH to have a hot shower or bath before each attempt. I might have more luck if I offer to have a shower with him!:wink:

swish
June 17th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Lol, mocha, that's the deal with my dh too!
Sounds fantastic, are you doing unprotected dtd several days running, how many days will it be?

Mochagirl
June 17th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Tonight will be the first night dtd - I haven't decided whether or not to use a condom. Today is CD8, and I normally ovulate on CD12. If we don't use a condom tonight and I ovulate on time, that would be 4-5 days of unprotected sex. However, I'm starting to worry the Vitex will delay O and I'll get confused and think it came when it didn't. I don't temp so I only have OPKs and cm/cp to tell me what's up. You've decided to BD through O, right?

swish
June 18th, 2011, 03:17 AM
I don't know!!!! I'm wondering whether to try and do o+12 as if it happens on day of o I'm not actually bothered. Are you bding through?

Mochagirl
June 18th, 2011, 06:38 AM
I haven't decided completely yet either. All of my boys were conceived on O-day (last time it was a messed up attempt to do O+12), so I'm nervous, but then again I've never done the diet and a lot of this other stuff before. I'm just worried Vitex is going to mess up this cycle and I'll think O has come, stop bd, then realise days later that O hasn't come yet.

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Hi ladies, most of you know me already from all my ramblings in the diet-related threads, but as I approach the final days before my attempt, I thought I should post my sway for comments/suggestions.

I'm 36 (turning 37 in a few months eeek!). I have three beautiful boys: 5 year old identical twins and a 23 month old. I swayed very, very lightly with ds3, using IG, but I was chicken to try the diet, so pretty much all I did was take supplements and try to reduce sodium. I also attempted O+12, but I screwed up the timing and ended up with O-8 or something like that.

Here are the supplements I'm taking this time:

Cal/Mag 333mg/167mg three times daily
Baby Aspirin, once daily (I was taking cranberry until about 2 weeks ago and finally switched)
1mg of folic acid, twice daily (I was taking a prenatal vitamin and only realised about 2 weeks ago that this probably didn't fit into the low everything diet)
160mg Saw Palmetto once a day (I only started this a week ago, after ds weaned himself)
400mg Vitex, twice daily (I only started this less than a week ago, when af arrived)

I'll stop taking SP and Vitex when I O, but keep taking Baby Aspirin...right?

I'm doing the "Low Everything" diet pretty hardcore. For a while I was incorporating aspects of the IG diet into it (I was eating chicken and avoiding potatoes and tomatoes), but in the last few weeks I've been leaning much more heavily towards the low everything diet. I average about 1000-1200 calories a day (I'm trying to increase this, but having trouble), 40g of protein, 500-700mg of sodium (I'm surprised at how easy it is to stay well under the 1000mg limit) and I'm trying to keep fat as low as possible. I started out at about 130 and now weigh 120-122, depending on what time of day I weigh myself - this is lower than I've weighed since I was a teenager.

DH isn't following the diet or taking supplements, but he's eating my bland meals without complaint and I haven't been cooking him meat much, so his sodium and protein should be lower than usual. I've also replaced his usual juice with Crystal Light and he hasn't even noticed :).

I'm due to O on June 21st, though I just started taking Vitex and don't know how that will affect my cycle. I've decided to throw timing out the window and hope that the diet and supplements will do their job. DH has been releasing once daily since af started a week ago, and now that it's finally done, we'll start dtd daily until I have confirmation that O has passed.

I'm going to take Benedryl to help dry out my cm. I wish I could get Zyrtec, but it doesn't seem to be available in Canada. I take the Benedryl the day before O and on O day...right? Or do I take it every day we dtd? How soon before dtd should I take it?

We'll use Sylk as a lube for our attempts, and I'll be using Rephresh. Starting today (af has finally left), I will use one applicator full every 3 days. Is that right? When do I stop using it? When I O? Do I use it more or less often as O approaches?

During 2WW, I'll continue the diet as well as I can (though I might loosen up a little bit since my Mom will be visiting and it will be my son's 2nd birthday), but I'll make sure to keep controlling my blood sugar by skipping breakfast and not snacking in the afternoon.

So...what does everyone think? Have I missed anything?

Gosh I swear this post was not here before!:think: I am losing my mind.:nails:

1)You've probably seen me say this before but I have a name for people who don't do diet and just take supps - boy moms :wink: More proof that it's not the minerals that are swaying because if it was, people like you and I and Nikilyn if you remember her, who weren't superstrict on diet but took huge doses of minerals, would have at least SOME daughters. But every time I've seen someone do this for a pink sway, it's been an opposite. Please don't beat yourself up, I'm just saying that you should feel good about your sway this time because you've done some things that REALLY sway.

2)yes, that's right, keep taking baby aspirin until you get a BFP and then slowly wean yourself off of it. SP and vitex af-o only.

3)Fantastic job with the diet and weight loss. And hug your DH for being a great sport.:cool:

4)I think taking Benadryl every day for 5 days around O is best. I would def. take it every day you DTD. Benadryl can totally make you a zombie so I would just take it before bed and leave it at that.

5)RepHresh every 3 days stopping at O and Sylk as a lube is just perfect. :agree:

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Oh yes, I forgot - I think maybe I'll try to convince DH to have a hot shower or bath before each attempt. I might have more luck if I offer to have a shower with him!:wink:

Great idea!!!

Mochagirl
June 24th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Hey Atomic - thanks for giving me a vote of confidence with my sway. I'm 1dpo now, so I'm in the 2WW and hoping for the best. We did everything I mentioned above except the bath part - we were fitting bd-ing into very busy days and often only had a bit of time at the end of the day, so we just didn't bother with that part. DH is being a pretty good sport about all this swaying stuff which he thinks is total bunk, so I just didn't want to push it by adding yet another step into daily BD.

atomic sagebrush
June 25th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Good luck!!!