PDA

View Full Version : Long time no speak. BFP after giving up!

fiveboysandagirl
February 27th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I visited this site. I was on here a lot a couple of years ago. I have five sons and we went to Savvas for IVF for a girl but it didn't work. I then bought the swaying plan and followed it for a year with no luck. I had poor AMH/FSH results anyway so I thought it was game over! I turned 40 last September. Since all of this I've been suffering from something called depersonalisation. It can be brought on by PTSD. My PMS was also getting really bad so I went back on the vitex because it seemed to help. Started charting my BBT too just to monitor my cycle. I thought I might be early menopausal. I started eating more and my weight crept back up. I think the strict diet was not helping my mental state. Anyway, last month my DH and I talked about completely giving up on TTC. I confessed it was "making me too crazy". I stopped taking the vitex and all my vitamins again when I had my last period. I took soya to help with awful pms. We did 'it' on his birthday last month but I was only on CD7 or 8, and after almost 3 years of ttc and taking chances it didn't matter anyway. I've been 2 weeks late for period before too so this month when it didn't arrive on time I just put it down to stopping the vitex and messing up my cycle.

I found an old HPT in the bathroom drawer so I took it out of curiosity... and it turned positive! I've done 3 so far and there is no question. I'm just 5 weeks now and swollen and nauseous so there is no doubt. I'm shocked. We had given up. I can't quite let myself believe it. I've miscarried before so I'm not getting carried away yet. I just wanted to see what atomic makes of all this.

I hope you're all well. I must read through some posts and see if I recognise any names!

SamS_TTCPink
February 27th, 2014, 07:40 AM
I'm only fairly new in here so you won't recognise me....but congratulations!! :) How exciting. Hoping it all works out for you. xx

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Huge congrats!!!

I have seen quite a few people get pregnant with girls the month after dropping vitex! No matter what, FX and TX for a happy, healthy pregnancy!!!

coocoobananas
February 27th, 2014, 10:48 AM
That's exciting! Congrats!

Rosie85
February 27th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Congrats!!

Dreamofpink
February 27th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Really pleased for you! Congratulations! I do remember you & your fab Victoria Plum avatar ;)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

fiveboysandagirl
February 27th, 2014, 04:35 PM
And I remember you Dreamofpink! Congratulations on the birth of your new little bundle!!

Little Lunasa
February 27th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Congratulations! Think I read somewhere that these oops pregnancies can sway pink. It worked for me anyway and fingers crossed this is your DD

NCBeachyGrl
February 27th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Congrats!

fiveboysandagirl
February 28th, 2014, 04:06 AM
Thanks everyone. I still can't quite believe it! I must have ovulated really early. I have barely any EWCM now I'm older (sorry TMI) so I can't have incubated his swimmers until mid cycle! I haven't been to the doctors yet. I must go soon. I've been having palpitations since before my period was due. I thought I was ill. I've had them in the last trimester before but never this early. And I keep waking up at 4 am and then being unable to sleep! My legs are twitchy! Has anyone else had this? It's weird I'm having rouble remembering my other pregnancies.

luckyfourleafclover
February 28th, 2014, 04:59 PM
amazing and gives me hope as I also have high FSH/low AMH…hope you get pink this time!

fiveboysandagirl
March 1st, 2014, 05:27 PM
Luckyfourleafclover I was reading your signature and really feeling for you with all those cycles. One failed cycle was painful enough for me, mentally and financially! I think it's amazing how you are persevering. Xx

luckyfourleafclover
March 1st, 2014, 07:17 PM
thank you