PDA

View Full Version : Girl Names

Peebell85
February 27th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Seeing as there is already a boy name thread, let's start a girl one!

Anyone been thinking about names yet?

I like Frankie, Luella, Freya and Polly.

aidansmum
February 27th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Great idea! I am tossing between Emily, Elise or Ella. Such a big decision!

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2014, 01:16 PM
I really really like Freya and we talked about it, but it just didn't fit with our boys' names. :)

kellbell827
March 5th, 2014, 08:52 AM
My DH is set on Brianna if we have another girl at some point. I also like Aubrey, Caroline and Scarlett.

Mrsandmama
March 5th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I am debating between Ella, Ellie, and Sophie. I want a name that my daughter could grow up with and it not be too "cutesy" when she is older- if that makes sense?

dreaminginblue
March 5th, 2014, 11:02 AM
I like Emily, Emma, Eva and Eden for girls. Bit of an E theme going on.
Stacey, Corrine and Mia are names I like too

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

GreaseMonkey
March 5th, 2014, 11:59 AM
I like Emmilee, Emmaleigh, Cerafina, Emmaline :)

aidansmum
March 5th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I kind of fell in love with a name but t's unusual, what you do girls think about Anya? I love it but don't want my lo to be called 'onion' or have to spell it every single time? Other than that we are quite keen on Emily or Olivia.

emmake
March 5th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Emma, Evelyne, Eline

dreaminginblue
March 5th, 2014, 05:09 PM
I love Anya and there is a girl in DD1 class named Anya but spelt Anja. She's lush x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

aidansmum
March 5th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Funny how most of us like E names :) I dumped Elise and Ella, but still like them. Kept Emily though, not sure I want to let that one go yet, leaning heavily towards Olivia, unless I can convince myself (and DH) to go with Anya. :)

GreaseMonkey
March 5th, 2014, 08:28 PM
LOVE Anya!!!!

GreaseMonkey
March 5th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Why don't we all just settle on Emily and get it over with lol

aidansmum
March 5th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Why don't we all just settle on Emily and get it over with lol

LOL we should create an Emily thread! :)

Peebell85
March 6th, 2014, 07:25 AM
I also love Evis just to add to the E theme

Peebell85
March 6th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Evie rather!

snipsnsnails
March 6th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Emily is cute! I also like Ellie! I am still struggling with names. I think it might be Makayla but not sure. Is it harder this time because we have all waited so long for this moment and want everything to be perfect??

Little Lunasa
March 6th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Lol Emily is my name IRL and I hated it growing up as I was the only Emily in my whole school and locality! I wanted to be like the other girls with plain names :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dreaminginblue
March 7th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Lol Emily is my name IRL and I hated it growing up as I was the only Emily in my whole school and locality! I wanted to be like the other girls with plain names :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel your pain. IRL my name is Ruth and I was the only school age person called Ruth. There were a few grandmother's or dotty aunts with the accolade. I cursed out my parents for years

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Kittybear
March 15th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I'm trying NOT to think of girls names, but I know for sure if this LO does turn out to be a pinkie her middle name will be Mary as it is tradition from both my side of the family and DH's family, and for my Granny who passed away a few years ago :) x x

NCBeachyGrl
March 15th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Me too! I'm trying really hard NOT to think of girl names but boy names are really hard since we've been there done that 3 times now! I love Harper, but don't think I will ever get to use it :(

HopeandDreamG
March 15th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Beachy- you don't know that!!! You may have Harper in there. Love the name too but unsure if it's going to be way too popular. Regret Ds 1 name for that reason.

NCBeachyGrl
March 15th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Hope - what girl names are you thinking of using?

HopeandDreamG
March 15th, 2014, 05:12 PM
We like Eva but my bro that we have zero relationship with has an Ava. Which would be weird.
My dh could care less!
I will most likely use middle name Marie- Eva Marie haha, for my grandmother that I was super close with. Got my bfp on the anniversary of her passing actually.

NCBeachyGrl
March 15th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Love it!!! Your BFP was so meant to be!

HopeandDreamG
March 15th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Other names I like- Juliet, Kensey, Layla, violet, Ella/Ellie
Changes all the time.