PDA

View Full Version : 8 weeks , only measuring 6 weeks 2 days

dollych
February 28th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Hi Girls,

I had an early private scan yesterday and I'm 8 weeks, but the sonogropher confirmed I am only measuring 6 weeks 2 days
I know I'm deffo 8 weeks (give or take 2 days) because my LMP was 2/01/14 and I ovulated on or around the 17th Jan. We only DTD once as well that month as we were TTC a Girl.
The sonogropher said not to worry as baby had a nice strong heartbeat and the gestational sac was nice and big, but I am worried as I'm deffo 8 weeks not 6 weeks 2 days!!! .
Has anyone have any experience of this and was baby Ok?. I'm going back for a re scan in 2 weeks.
Thanks.

Almost Complete
February 28th, 2014, 04:10 PM
I m not following your dates??? If you had a period 2/1/14, you would not be 8 weeks???

sweetdream
February 28th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Januari second not first of februari.
Its 8 weeks.
Some baby's have a slow start. Just relax. Measurements are hard this early. 1mm off can make diff in days. Just trust a good firm heartbeat.

Congrats!

carmella_marie
February 28th, 2014, 04:44 PM
In Europe they do day/month/year
In us we do month/day/year

sisterplease
February 28th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Yes, this happened to me with my daughter. I'd had 4 boys before her and they always measured big, but I had a scan at 7 weeks pregnancy with my daughter and was told I was measuring 5 weeks! Didn't make any difference to her birth weight though...she was my largest at 9lbs13!! Hope all goes well, I'd listen to the professional and try not to worry :-)

MatildaMai
February 28th, 2014, 09:07 PM
I had this happen to me with a HT pregnancy. The details are in my siggie. Unfortunately it turned out that my daughter had Down's Syndrome that was not compatible with life and her heart stopped about 9.5wks into the pregnancy. I had a slow start with my betas (not doubling properly etc early on). And also my sac was a weird shape - long and thin instead of round and full. But her HB was strong and the GP, OB and sonographers kept telling me e'thing was fine. I felt in myself there was sthing wrong though. I hope your story has a happy ending. There is a huge range of what is normal at this point.

dollych
March 1st, 2014, 12:33 PM
Thanks Girls.
Sorry...... we put month second here in the UK. 1st/Jan 2014 !!
Hopefully everything will be ok at the scan on Thursday.

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2014, 10:07 AM
Did you post this twice?? if so I answered in other thread.

dollych
March 3rd, 2014, 11:45 AM
Sorry, yes I put it twice, but I asked another question after my last. Thanks xx

Mrsandmama
March 4th, 2014, 01:58 PM
This happened with my eldest DS. I swore I was 7 weeks but was only measuring 5. He just turned 3. I wouldn't be worried!

Mrs_Incredible
March 10th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Hi Girls,

I had an early private scan yesterday and I'm 8 weeks, but the sonogropher confirmed I am only measuring 6 weeks 2 days
I know I'm deffo 8 weeks (give or take 2 days) because my LMP was 2/01/14 and I ovulated on or around the 17th Jan. We only DTD once as well that month as we were TTC a Girl.
The sonogropher said not to worry as baby had a nice strong heartbeat and the gestational sac was nice and big, but I am worried as I'm deffo 8 weeks not 6 weeks 2 days!!! .
Has anyone have any experience of this and was baby Ok?. I'm going back for a re scan in 2 weeks.
Thanks.

How are you doing now? X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mrs_Incredible
March 10th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Sorry, just saw in the dd group that you sadly lost your bean, good luck for the future xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk