PDA

View Full Version : LE diet question!

Abifasc
February 28th, 2014, 11:34 PM
So I just finished my 6th day on the LE diet and just wanted to check on a few things.
I'm doing ok on it...I realized how much I snacked before and have cut that out. I get a good 16-18 hours a day where I don't eat at all. Being a vegetarian is totally fine and having an excuse to drink diet cokes is fun- I never drank sodas at all before.

Is cheese ok? I've had Parmesan on my salads and for "lunch" today I had some queso dip and chips.

For my 2nd meal I've been eating something like little Debbie cakes and a coke, or today m&ms and a coke(diet). It's about 200-400 calories and makes my blood sugar drop pretty well by dinner. Is this ok?

Thanks!

carmella_marie
March 1st, 2014, 01:13 AM
Cheese is fine as long as you're in your limits of fat cals and protein--it can be high in all three depending on the type. I personally try to go more vegan and limit cheese/eggs/butter as much as possible as its healthy fat but it surely will not ruin your sway.

Although I have to say your calories seem really low, make sure you're getting enough cals! I'm a little confused, are you eating 2or 3 meals? At first I thought you were eating only a little Debbie cake for dinner! Veggies and fruit are allowed and encouraged on LE diet!

unwirklich
March 1st, 2014, 01:31 PM
If you're a cheese fan I've found the velveeta slices are good choice, low protein as far as yellow cheese goes. I crumble half a slice in my salad at lunch or melt a slice over steamed califlower, tasty stuff.

Abifasc
March 1st, 2014, 01:36 PM
Cheese is fine as long as you're in your limits of fat cals and protein--it can be high in all three depending on the type. I personally try to go more vegan and limit cheese/eggs/butter as much as possible as its healthy fat but it surely will not ruin your sway.

Although I have to say your calories seem really low, make sure you're getting enough cals! I'm a little confused, are you eating 2or 3 meals? At first I thought you were eating only a little Debbie cake for dinner! Veggies and fruit are allowed and encouraged on LE diet!

I'm eating three meals, except the second feels like a snack but is high calorie- those are the little Debbie cakes. Ime acting about 1500 cals a day within a 6-8 hr period. For lunch, I've been eating salad, wraps, pasta, or rice and for dinner I've had some of the same things or a baked potato or veggie pizza.

I don't eat a lot of dairy anyways like yogurt or milk but I do like a little cheese and butter :)

carmella_marie
March 1st, 2014, 01:51 PM
Ok, that looks like a great LE diet! I know atomic often recommends a but if Parmesan on things to keep it from being blah. Butter is often helpful when low on cals and fat. I love eggs but I'm not a big dairy person although I'm trying to have a yoplait light every now and then.

Abifasc
March 1st, 2014, 03:48 PM
Ok, that looks like a great LE diet! I know atomic often recommends a but if Parmesan on things to keep it from being blah. Butter is often helpful when low on cals and fat. I love eggs but I'm not a big dairy person although I'm trying to have a yoplait light every now and then.

Thank you for the help! Is there a certain type of butter that's best? I bought salt-free butter but I'm thinking the non-butter oils spread might be better.

carmella_marie
March 1st, 2014, 05:01 PM
Margarine is better for pink (omega 6 fats ) but I really dislike it. Butter has more fat and cals and tastes better IMHO so I use that-sparingly-if I'm low on cals or fat but atomic has a thread on omega 3 vs omega 6 and she says omega 6 is better for pink so if you like the taste of margarine I say go for that.

Abifasc
March 1st, 2014, 05:19 PM
Margarine is better for pink (omega 6 fats ) but I really dislike it. Butter has more fat and cals and tastes better IMHO so I use that-sparingly-if I'm low on cals or fat but atomic has a thread on omega 3 vs omega 6 and she says omega 6 is better for pink so if you like the taste of margarine I say go for that.

Ok I don't mind the taste and don't eat it everyday so I'll switch. Thanks so much!

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2014, 10:49 AM
Everyone already said exactly what I would have, thanks ladies!!