PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Low Sperm count and conceive boy?

SpicyTunaSushi
June 18th, 2011, 09:41 AM
My DH has had two fevers in the last two months and according to studies, this can reduce count and motility 56 days following fever.

We are trying to decide whether to go for it this month or not- and we want a boy. We have been faithful to the diet, and I suppose my DH has an OK count since we conceived DD after 9 times in a row!

Thoughts? Thanks!:wink:

rainbowflower
June 18th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I'd get one of those home sperm-test kits and maybe his sperm count might not be low afterall?

SpicyTunaSushi
June 18th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I have a ovulation microscope so we are going to view it tonight. After a long abstinence but within a week of his fever, still lots of swimmers.

BUT, after a week following his fever, barely anything!

atomic sagebrush
June 18th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I would wait. You want your best shot and I think it's just safest to hold off. I'm sorry!! :(

SpicyTunaSushi
June 18th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I totally agree. One cycle or two?

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I think just one, but if you were to wait two cycles that would put you more towards the "boy months". I dont' think you need to wait two cycles but if you DID, just that you'd be even more boy-friendly. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1693-the-seasons-and-swaying

That having been said, there is never a perfect month to sway, it's always something. No need to totally stress about the unexpected, uncontrollable factors like fevers but if you have the option to wait, why not??

shouldihope?
June 19th, 2011, 01:35 PM
My DH has a varicocele so they did a sperm count before our first DS and said he may need surgery to conceive due to low sperm count and we 3 DS and he never did have surgery. I guess I was fertile enough to compensate?

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2011, 02:52 PM
My DH has a varicocele so they did a sperm count before our first DS and said he may need surgery to conceive due to low sperm count and we 3 DS and he never did have surgery. I guess I was fertile enough to compensate?

Yep. That's how it works, if your body helps keep enough sperm alive it can compensate.

I know another lady whose husband has a varicocele and he fathered 5 boys with 2 different women!

shouldihope?
June 19th, 2011, 03:33 PM
That is crazy! Hoping decreasing my fertility, doing the diet,etc will be the trick for us. Good luck spucytuna whatever you decide to do and you can have ALL of my blue dust!

SpicyTunaSushi
June 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks hope!

And thanks Atomic for the link to that study! I hadn't heard of that one! My cycles are nice and short (25-26 days) usually, but every once in a while they are a bit longer, so 2 cycles isn't too long for me.

I haven't been able to see the swimmers in the sperm even today- I know that an ovulation microscope is only 60x, but I have seen them every other time. Anyway, I am sure they are there, but we are going to sit out this cycle. We have already stopped things like BSD, etc, so I can't change my mind.