PDA

View Full Version : Atomic - RepHresh tampons and Anion pads?

annabel♥lee
June 19th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Well, I use tampons anyway during AF and I like to use pantiliners almost all month, so I think this month I'm going to try the RepHresh tampons and the Anion light pads.

But before I place my order I wanted to get your thoughts on this. My thought is they can't hurt and they may help. You agree?

P.S. On a side note, I was wondering...now I know wearing a tampon not during AF, when the vagina is dry, is a BIG no-no. BUT, what if one inserted one of these RepHresh tampons right after BD? Since there is a bunch of semen in there, the vagina won't be dry. And it could be taken out after a few hours. I was reading the description and it said it rapidly reduces vaginal pH when inserted, which of course immediately made me think of using it straight after sex. Your thoughts?

zanacal
June 19th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Interesting idea! I look forward to Atomic's thoughts on this :D

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Well, I use tampons anyway during AF and I like to use pantiliners almost all month, so I think this month I'm going to try the RepHresh tampons and the Anion light pads.

But before I place my order I wanted to get your thoughts on this. My thought is they can't hurt and they may help. You agree?

P.S. On a side note, I was wondering...now I know wearing a tampon not during AF, when the vagina is dry, is a BIG no-no. BUT, what if one inserted one of these RepHresh tampons right after BD? Since there is a bunch of semen in there, the vagina won't be dry. And it could be taken out after a few hours. I was reading the description and it said it rapidly reduces vaginal pH when inserted, which of course immediately made me think of using it straight after sex. Your thoughts?

I agree with the first part of your post, during your menstrual cycle they can't hurt and may help.

I can't endorse using a dry, or really any, tampon (because I don't like lime tampons either) after DTD though because the reason why you're not supposed to use a tampon when you're not on your period is that tiny tears in the vaginal lining coupled with the presence of the tampon, can encourage toxic shock syndrome, which can KILL you. These tiny tears can for sure happen during intercourse and may even make it MORE likely that you develop toxic shock syndrome. EVERYthing I've read including on the RepHresh website itself, says not to use a tampon after intercourse for any reason at all.

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I bought some too this week, if my period decides to show up. I also would like to know if we could use these after dtd. Could we maybe put them in a little distilled water? I don't get my ph even when using Rephresh gel. My pH seems to go back up to 5 1/2 the next day around ovluation. I think I am giong to have to use some lime:(.

I wouldn't worry TOO much over a pH of 5.5 around ovulation. That ain't too shabby. The RepHresh is still working to keep it lower.

zanacal
June 19th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks for clarifying Atomic.

atomic sagebrush
June 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
I don't think they do anything, but I doubt they are detrimental. Personally would save my money for baby clothes.

I think you're supposed to use them around ov??