PDA

View Full Version : Using Replens and Sylk like this ok?

ThinkPink2014
March 4th, 2014, 01:45 PM
A fingertip of Replens an hour or so before DTD using a little Sylk as lube? We're doing one BD at a positive OPK. Wasn't planning on using Rephresh anymore (more comfy w Replens ingredients) or any extra Replens ahead of time unless this approach is just bad news. Thanks!

carmella_marie
March 4th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Have you used replens before ?? My hubby had a serious reaction to it, sorry tmi... BAD RASH. It also didn't get my ph as low as rephresh did!!

ThinkPink2014
March 4th, 2014, 01:59 PM
I haven't. Eek. Maybe I'll test some on his unit ahead of time lol

carmella_marie
March 4th, 2014, 02:03 PM
What ingredients are you concerned about??

This may also be helpful:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/1066-complete-guide-replens-rephresh.html

carmella_marie
March 4th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Test run that replens, your hubby will thank you !!

ThinkPink2014
March 4th, 2014, 02:12 PM
The 3 types of parabens...we've really tried to avoid buying products w parabens in the last few years.

carmella_marie
March 4th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I understand. I'm not a fan of aspartame at all but I'm going to drink a moderate amount in the 2 weeks leading up to our attempt. I know it's awful for me but 2 weeks out of my life won't amount to much and if it helps me get my girl it's worth it to me. I say all that so that if your hubby has a reaction to replens and you decide to use rephresh just that one time TTC don't worry about the parabens, don't stress since that will sway blue, lol. Good luck!!

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Replens is the same as sylk, it does the exact same thing only less effectively. IF you don't like RepHresh, leave it out. But Replens is not a replacement for it.

None of the jellies have seemed to do much of anything (we are getting similar results with them and wihtout them) so I am fine with anyone leaving them totally out of the mix.

carmella_marie
March 4th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I had no idea replens and sylk were the same! Like they do the same thing or they have the same ingredients??

ThinkPink2014
March 4th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Thanks, atomic! I think I'll just stick w the Sylk then bec. I need lube to DTD lol. That's all I currently have at home :-)

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2014, 11:12 AM
I had no idea replens and sylk were the same! Like they do the same thing or they have the same ingredients??

They do the same thing - just a quick burst of low pH without the staying power of the RepHresh. Adding Replens and Sylk will only lower odds of conception more without gaining anything.

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Thanks, atomic! I think I'll just stick w the Sylk then bec. I need lube to DTD lol. That's all I currently have at home :-)

:agree: sylk is the best lube of the jellies.